CAG's NBA 2K11 League - Real rosters(*LEAGUE HAS STARTED!*)

[quote name='Deuce20602']
Eddie, i know you're online often enough cuz ur in the Madden league and u get games played. I've been online just about every day since this league was conceived and i have yet to catch u online to attempt a game. Also, u being the creator/commish of the league, i think it's somewhat important to lead by example and u having the fewest games played out of anyone seems a bit ridiculous. I completely understand if life has u by the nutsack but if that's the case, stepping aside and allowing someone to take control to move this league along would be the reasonable thing to do. There are numerous people in this league that would be willing and able to take over and handle the duties.[/QUOTE]
The only times I've been playing on my 360 lately is when I need to play my madden league games. That's pretty much it. So saying that I'm online often isn't exactly right to say. That said, saying that I'm not dedicated to this league as much as I should be is completely true.

Admittedly, this was a bad time for me to start and become admin of the league. Hindsight is 20/20 in that respect. So if anyone is wants to, I am willing to give up admin controls.

[quote name='Deuce20602']I'll take over if nobody else wants the job but I'd prefer to just be a member of the league[/QUOTE]
Done. Just a heads up...don't depend on the site too much. Even though you can do a lot of things to alter league settings(more so than in the game I think), it doesn't work as often as it should. Like just now. Upgrading you to admin didn't work through the site for whatever reason, but it did in the game.

[quote name='Calinks']Can we still change it to flex schedule?[/QUOTE]
Don't think so. AFAIK, you can only change playoff formats, game formats, game results, conferences, and sliders.

ok... so Doom dropped and we need an owner for the Kings... but Zurezo is on the waiting list so i'll get in touch with him. Eddie, are u still holding on to Miami or are you dropping too?

let's try to have the first rd finished by monday night. please start posting scheduled game times so there will be some record of correspondence.... i also urge everyone to check the forum regularly to stay up to date about the goings on.

SN: i ok'd the Duncan/Ginobili-Roy/Oden trade

[quote name='hostyl1']Thing is, I have a very specific time that I'm on every night, and have said such through out this thread. I've also posted to try and set up games, but that didnt happen either. So say what you will.[/QUOTE]

Same for me. Since it's the weekend, my schedule is going to be a little differnet, but I can still play maybe tomorrow night and definatly Saturday before 3:30 (MSU vs Iowa). If you need to play the Jazz, PLEASE post here or PM me.

Sorry guys, I've got to call an audible and drop out too. I just can't make the time for it like I thought I could and that's not fair to anyone else. Thanks for letting me join.

Okay, so I play Y2J, who I haven't heard from, and then Mizzou75 was my other opponent remaining, so nothing I can do there. I have posted my game schedule several times. I'll be available tomorrow if Y2J wants to play.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='XXXplosive1']Same for me. Since it's the weekend, my schedule is going to be a little differnet, but I can still play maybe tomorrow night and definatly Saturday before 3:30 (MSU vs Iowa). If you need to play the Jazz, PLEASE post here or PM me.[/QUOTE]

XXXplosive, I can't play tonight since it's CAG Hockey Night and we're in the playoffs, but I can do tomorrow evening if you're around. Obviously Sunday is Halloween, and though I don't go out anymore, I'm sure many do. Not sure about Monday, but I should be available. Just let me know what works for you and we'll play.

so we need 3 owners now? I look to have all of this straightened out by monday so we can have a smooth rest of the season. No matter what, we'll be in round 2 next week.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']XXXplosive, I can't play tonight since it's CAG Hockey Night and we're in the playoffs, but I can do tomorrow evening if you're around. Obviously Sunday is Halloween, and though I don't go out anymore, I'm sure many do. Not sure about Monday, but I should be available. Just let me know what works for you and we'll play.[/QUOTE]

I should be able to get a game in tonight. around what time are you thinking? I am taking my son out tomorrow evening but I can play after 10pm. Or since the Lions are blacked out, I can play early on sunday too.

[quote name='XXXplosive1']I should be able to get a game in tonight. around what time are you thinking? I am taking my son out tomorrow evening but I can play after 10pm. Or since the Lions are blacked out, I can play early on sunday too.[/QUOTE]

Any time tonight. Probably from 6 PM EST to 2 AM EST I should be available. I won't be on my 360 that whole time, but if you name a time, I can be there.

[quote name='Matt Young']Okay, so I play Y2J, who I haven't heard from, and then Mizzou75 was my other opponent remaining, so nothing I can do there. I have posted my game schedule several times. I'll be available tomorrow if Y2J wants to play.[/QUOTE]

I can play tonight around midnight central time. That cool?

Just for the record, Y2J has been communicating with me over the last couple days; I just wasn't around when he messaged me last night and I'm going to be busy most of today. Seeing about a Monday game... Are we getting a replacement for Dallas? That's my only other opponent remaining after Y2J's Portland squad. I know Zurezo had some shit come up and he was supposed to replace somebody.

still working on replacements. I haven't been able to get a response from eddie about what he's doing so to close out round one, I'll be awarding victories to those who have been active if the game is against someone who hasn't been involved. if it's a situation where the two teams just weren't able to get a time figured out, the winner will be random

So after looking at the schedule, i'm pretty sure that all of Miami's and Dallas' games will be simmed and those of you have them on your schedule will get W's. Thanks to n8rocker for being the first to complete all his games for rd 1... although there are a couple people who probably would've been there first if they could've played MIA or DAL... anyway, look to get RD 2 started tomorrow around noon est.

[quote name='xXx NASO xXx']Dallas and Orlando message me(spurs) thru xbox, I'll be available all this weekend. I wanna get these games out of the way.[/QUOTE]

Naso, my apologies....I run a halloween haunt every year and didn't see this message until monday morning...i'd love to play you tonight between 7pm and 10pm....but i see we're advancing at noon ;(

Put roughly 80 hours into building and running a Halloween haunt this year...talk about tired....that i am.

some pictures:
http://s307.photobucket.com/albums/nn289/atlatz/Halloween 2011/?albumview=slideshow#/grid

[quote name='Deuce20602']So after looking at the schedule, i'm pretty sure that all of Miami's and Dallas' games will be simmed and those of you have them on your schedule will get W's. Thanks to n8rocker for being the first to complete all his games for rd 1... although there are a couple people who probably would've been there first if they could've played MIA or DAL... anyway, look to get RD 2 started tomorrow around noon est.[/QUOTE]

I hope you didn't advance yet, because I'm supposed to play Y2J (Portland) tonight at 8 P.M. Pacific/11 P.M. Eastern.

As fate would have it, i was having internet issues so we havent advanced yet. I'll go ahead and sim the remaning Dallas and Miami games but i'll wait until about midnight to move us into rd 2 since we have a couple games scheduled. Midnight est is the absolute deadline...

We're now set to play around 7 P.M. Eastern, so that should allow you to advance earlier depending on what happens with the other games.

[quote name='siradam134']Naso, my apologies....I run a halloween haunt every year and didn't see this message until monday morning...i'd love to play you tonight between 7pm and 10pm....but i see we're advancing at noon ;(

Put roughly 80 hours into building and running a Halloween haunt this year...talk about tired....that i am.

some pictures:
http://s307.photobucket.com/albums/nn289/atlatz/Halloween 2011/?albumview=slideshow#/grid[/QUOTE]

That's alright man.
I'm online now, i will be playing MW2 until you are online!

I played my game with Y2J. I got off to a good start, but he went on a big run and came back. That was kind of how the game went for the first 3 quarters. I'd get a decent lead, and then he'd catch up. Fortunately, I was able to pull away in the end. Turnovers and blocked shots played a big part in this game for both teams, and it was pretty sloppy on both sides. There was some lag that popped up every once in a while and made things chug along.

Chicago Bulls 49, Portland Trail Blazers 34

Good game, Y2J... always a pleasure to face off with a fellow wrestling fan. Kind of funny that this game got played today, since the real life Bulls/Blazers game tips off in a few minutes on NBA TV.

Deuce, as far as that game with Dallas goes- are you sure I'll get the win and the game won't just choose a winner? Ideally, I would like to actually play the game, but I certainly don't want a sim loss against a team without an owner.

looks like naso logged off 8 minutes before i got on....(was dismantling my Haunt Walls until 9:30)......anyone know how to contact him?

i was winning 15-6 in the 2nd quarter when we got disconnected...deuce... I can play naso again IMMEDIATELY after i play pacer for the CAG madden league(which i'm playing now...) i can't put pacer off for any longer.

[quote name='siradam134']i was winning 15-6 in the 2nd quarter when we got disconnected...deuce... I can play naso again IMMEDIATELY after i play pacer for the CAG madden league(which i'm playing now...) i can't put pacer off for any longer.[/QUOTE]

I won't be home for another thirty minutes or so and I can't do anything from the site so if both of you can wait til I get home and reset the game, then we'll do that. if not, I'll give you the W. I don't think anyone will have their playoff hopes dashed because of so round one loss

ok, well I've done the simming and I apologize to anyone who took an L but we needed to move on. We are in round two and I'm thinking ten days to get five games played is fair so let's sim for next thursday to move to round three

That's pretty messed up that I got a loss against the Grizzlies seeing as though I've been trying to get things scheduled and memphismusicman was AWOL for a week +. That's horseshit but whatever....

[quote name='hostyl1']That's pretty messed up that I got a loss against the Grizzlies seeing as though I've been trying to get things scheduled and memphismusicman was AWOL for a week +. That's horseshit but whatever....[/QUOTE]

I apologized in my previous post because i knew someone might get screwed out of a game... i didnt just assign him a win, the computer decided that. There are three rounds and a handful of fairly inactive people so i'm sure that as long as you're actively participating, you'll probably make the playoffs

Anyone Who wants to play the Jazz, I'm off work for election day so post here or PM me so we can set up a time to play.

[quote name='XXXplosive1']Anyone Who wants to play the Jazz, I'm off work for election day so post here or PM me so we can set up a time to play.[/QUOTE]

I'm around all day so let me know what time works for u

[quote name='siradam134']i was winning 15-6 in the 2nd quarter when we got disconnected...deuce... I can play naso again IMMEDIATELY after i play pacer for the CAG madden league(which i'm playing now...) i can't put pacer off for any longer.[/QUOTE]

We got disconnected because for some reason my router wouldn't work and after an hour of waiting I went to sleep.
I accept the lost. If you want we could play a friendly game outside of the league.

bread's done
Back