CAGWF Discussion (King of the Cheap Ass Ring?)

Ultimate Matt X

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
*Updated 11/12*

Right now I have the idea to start with a tournament to crown the first champ. Also, I'm still taking submissions of top five wrestlers for the draft, but the tournament idea may replace that. Though as of now only the winner of the tournament will get the wrestler of their choice.

[quote name='Randy Orton']I'd be interested as well.[/quote]
I'm interested, but I call Orton!

Just kidding (about Orton).

Now would everyone want this to be a typical league with just playing matches or would anyone be interested in doing some pretty square stuff with cutting promos and such? :)

Also, what's an easy way to post images on here? I have some logos I'd like to show you guys.

Count me in, Ill be living on planet Smackdown when this is released. But I'll be bring my CAW Stinger with me

I'm down for whatever. And I want the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be. Assuming Legends will be allowed.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Now would everyone want this to be a typical league with just playing matches or would anyone be interested in doing some pretty square stuff with cutting promos and such? :)

Also, what's an easy way to post images on here? I have some logos I'd like to show you guys.[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DjsNqeUdO0

Who's going to be Mean Gene brother?

I wonder if you can do special referee matches online with 3 people. That would open up some interesting possibilities.

As far as wrestlers go I have a couple of ideas. One could be to possibly have a created wrestler and WWE wrestler division. I don't know if created wrestlers can be maxed out or not stat wise, that is my concern with them.

Also, to make this more like a Raw or something would you guys be interested in a set night for matches where we could get together and discuss the card and what not? Maybe just for special occasions like monthly shows or something. It would kinda be like the old Raw chat.

Finally, I think the good thing about doing this league is that we can structure it kinda like the real WWE in that if you don't get involved you aren't pushed. So even people with little time can be involved, but those that are really involved will move up the card easier.

As far as CAW'S go since thats all I usually play with, they cant be maxed out until you play a crap load of Season Mode, so that shouldn't be an issue. A league structured like the show would be awesome., 1 -2 nights a week match ups.

Matt I would really be interested in this concept. Please count me in. I think we should maybe not use created superstars because of the max out. It probably does not matter.

If we are picking susperstars I'd like to use Matt Hardy, Mr Kennedy or maybe Ric Flair. If you are going to allow for Legends I want TAZZ or Bret Hart!

We should make some belts too. The CAG Tag division, CAG Title and maybe like the CAG TV Title that has to be defended always by the champion.

This could be really fun!

I'm also interested in using a wrestling simulator program to possibly give everyone something to read after the match. It wouldn't match it, but it will still be interesting to work in. Say like flybrione and I have a match and he wins. I'd enter into the simulator that he is to win and maybe post the results it makes. That would be our match in the "storyline." Not sure how exactly it would work, but its a thought.

Nobody wants to be Cena? :lol:

If we are calling dibs I better go ahead and pick Kane, since Edge and Angle are already spoken for. Or Bam Bam if legends are allowed.

I think you have some really good ideas Matt, whatever form the league takes it should be really fun.

As far as wrestlers and dibs I'll make note of what you guys are putting down now, but I'll probably have a draft down the road. That way we make sure everyone is into playing before wrestlers are used up. Maybe even do something preliminary where everyone can use whoever they want.

Oh and I do want to have multiple belts and tag teams will probably consist of pairings of the existing players so you can't just use two wrestlers by yourself you'll have to find a partner. That is if online play allows tag teams to work like that.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Oh and I do want to have multiple belts and tag teams will probably consist of pairings of the existing players so you can't just use two wrestlers by yourself you'll have to find a partner. That is if online play allows tag teams to work like that.[/QUOTE]

Online in the PS2 version last year SVR06 allowed for up to four players to play at once. You could play Tag Team, Singles, Singles with special ref or with managers, triple threat and Fatal four way.

You could also do main event match types like TLC, Steel Cage ad Ladder matches. I would hope this will be similar in this years game as well.

Also you could create and defend belts online. Not sure about tag belts though.

I think I read that the 360 may have 6 player support online this year. I hope so. How was the lag and such last year?

Good to see special referee matches were in last year. I would like to use that function for announcers/GM type roles in the league. Will also be good for storylines if we can occasional screw each other out of wins. :)

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']I think I read that the 360 may have 6 player support online this year. I hope so. How was the lag and such last year?

Good to see special referee matches were in last year. I would like to use that function for announcers/GM type roles in the league. Will also be good for storylines if we can occasional screw each other out of wins. :)[/QUOTE]

Lag depends on others connections and I also think I played a couple games with some hacks on PS2 because I beat the crap out of some guys and they really never seemed to loose stamina. PS2 is a mixed bag online but I did have some fun lag free matches with some people.

I just played a match the other day since my 360 is in the shop and I had one good match with one guy for about 20 minutes. I played two other questionable matches. There is no voice chat on the PS2 version which sucks.

So what does everyone think would be best as far as structuring this goes? Do we want a WWE based league and then a created wrestler league or a mix? Though I'm starting with CAG would you guys want me to eventually open it up to other people and use some of my old fantasy wrestling names (images on first page) and maybe have a CAG belt?

Honestly my preference is to use my old XWF or similar stuff for created wrestlers and maybe have WWE guys be like the CAGWF. Also, as the Madden League and other experiences have demonstrated I think we will eventually need more than CAGers to keep interest up. That's why I like the idea of a CAG belt within the league that is limited to CAG members. So even if the scope goes a little beyond here there is always something that keeps it ground to here.

Also, are you guys into roleplaying promos and such? I'm willing to get as silly with this as you guys are. :)

Just wanted to bump this to get some more discussion going.

Though while I'm thinking of it would anyone wanna play some No Mercy online to get some practice at online wrestling?

Count me in. Since Angle is gone, i think I'd go with HBK. I love the idea of a draft though. Kinda OT, but does anyone know if the Collectors Edition of this is a GS/EB exclusive?

Blah, thanks. I'm gonna have to preorder now and not be able to use my employee discount at Best Buy.

Im in and I call Trevor Murdoch(not that anybody else was gonna call him).As for my legend I'll take the "common man", the "bull of the woods","stardust" himself, if you will.

If I get some time I might try to get a website up of some sort to keep track of the league.

For now though, I'd expect that maybe we'll have a draft sometime in the next few weeks once I know whether we should go the WWE or created wrestler route. I'm thinking initially WWE is better while we develop our created characters.

Okay here's what I'm thinking now.

We'll start this as a league with WWE wrestlers and call it the CAGWF. Sometime soon we'll have a draft for wrestlers. We'll try to keep this fairly basic as we get started. As things evolve and people play more we'll start bringing created wrestlers into it.

Please give me suggestions on what you'd like to see as far as titles and weekly shows and such. Also, if you're interested in a GM type role let me know.

I'm gonna give it a few more days, but what I think I'll do for the draft is have everyone message me their top 5 character choices and then try to match that up with the draft order. I think initially I'll take 25 to 30 players and then take it from there if the demand is more than that.

bread's done
Back