CAGWF Discussion (King of the Cheap Ass Ring?)

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Yeah I don't see why Legends should be off limits. I hope they're fairly easy to unlock if I pick one.[/QUOTE]

If that's the case, I so call Taz.

I'd probably be in. I'm thinking about doing my own but work may be picking up in the next few weeks so that idea may be shot down. The idea for two seperate "brands," say, CAGWF (Cheapass Gamer Wrestling Federation) and CWA (Cheapass Wrestling Alliance) with once-in-a-while crossover events is pretty cool if we have enough people. If it's only like 10-12 people though there's probably no point.

Okay just to update everyone this is still definitely happening. I will have a lotto for wrestlers as soon as at least twenty people or more send me their top five picks. So far only one person has done that.

Though this league will be different than the traditional sports leagues and not as dependent on player activity, please don't even bother if you're just going to have the game for a month and then trade it off.

I don't think I'm going to be picking this game up now, the demo didn't exactly blow me away. The CAG league does sound fun though.

Maybe I'll pick it up sometime in the not so distant future if the CAGWF is still around then.

Yeah I think I'm also going to skip on this game for now but maybe I'll get it for Christmas. My whole thing is that this game is going to cost $60 or $70 if you want the Collector's Edition, the problem is that by this time next year we will be playing SvR 2008 with improvements over this years version. Seldom do I purchase games that come out on a yearly basis like Tony Hawk and other sports titles so unless I get it for Christmas, I'll probably just pick it up down the road when its cheap.

[quote name='Roufuss']Huh? It dosen't come out until next week?[/quote]
I know, I found someone who broke the street on it. Suprising since most stores haven't even received the initial shipment for the street date launch yet. I'm doing homework now, but i'll throw it in my 360 so you can see i'm not lying (it hasn't showed up on my GT yet because I played it at a friend's house first)

[quote name='Scorch']I know, I found someone who broke the street on it. Suprising since most stores haven't even received the initial shipment for the street date launch yet. I'm doing homework now, but i'll throw it in my 360 so you can see i'm not lying (it hasn't showed up on my GT yet because I played it at a friend's house first)[/QUOTE]

You always get shit early :(

[quote name='Roufuss']You always get shit early :([/quote]

It's not my fault they don't abide by street dates. I just go to the store, see it on the shelf, ask for it, pay for it, then brag about getting it early.

Here's some stuff i've seen for purchase and some CAW stuff I remember..

You can trade CAW's with other people over Live. I've been avoiding coverage so I don't know if that was covered before, but i'm really hyped about it.

Regarding facepaint/outfits/entrances.. I remember a few specifics. Entrances, there's about 25 normal ones.. in one, the guy comes out with a sack over his shoulder (Jake the Snake). Hurricane's entrance is one. Scott Hall's entrance is another. Ultimate Warrior's entrance is in.

Regarding CAW parts.. I specifically remember Warrior's facepaint (but you'd have to play around a bit with the colors), Brian Christopher's orange pants, Jericho's old pants with the random designs (think WCW days.. kinda like this. Chyna's pants and chain thing over her chest. Sable's black leather outfit. Hawk and Animal's facepaint. I'll try to remember more, i'll play it after class and go through it more thoroughly.

In season mode, two of the titles you can purchase are the nWo title and the smoking skull belt.

Thanks for the details Scorch. I paid off my pre-order yesterday and even with all the problems I still think this game is going to be enjoyable (plus aside from Rainbow Six which I am getting from Amazon there isn't anything coming out for the 360 that looks like it will be worth a flip the rest of the holiday season).

Would anyone else be interested in a tournament to start things off? What we could do is let the winner get to use the guy he wins with in the league or have his pick. For the tournament wrestler selection wouldn't matter though beyond that, so if two people wanted the same guy they could. I just thought it would give us a chance to find active players right away and give me time to wrap up some other things while we plan.

I updated the first post and title to reflect what all new is going on. I'm thinking in the tournament I'll special referee the matches except for my own, though I'm thinking I might not even be in the tournament.

Made myself for this battle, if there is one.

Body hair set to maximum, suckas!

Okay the plan is still to have a tournament where everyone can use who the want and the winner maybe more wil be able to use who they want for the league. So if you want Cena and your opponent wants Cena for the tournament only that would be fine. No created wrestlers at this point though.

I'd say give a week before starting any tournament, just to let people get more familiar with the game. I'd still rather have people just stick with one guy throughout any sort of tourney, but I'm fine either way.

Kinda made myself, though I took some liberties with the body type :lol: Still have to beef up his stats tho.

For this torney, I say our CAWs can only have a 90 OVR MAX.

im actually getting this game probably next week (bought it off ebay)...so if there's a tourney and a league, i'd like to be in :D

I'mk down for a torney, even if I now suck at the game. For some unknown reason, I just can't reverse with the triggers, as opposed to buttons like on PS2 / PSP. Regardless, I'm sure I'll serve well as an "Enhancement Talent" :lol:

Dont feel bad N4E, I suck at reversals too. Im 0-3 on ranked matches and I got my ass completely kicked in 2 of the 3 matches.

Would you guys be interested in one of these days basically having a night where everyone would hop online and then I'd special referee a tournament where I'd invite random people in so you wouldn't know who your opponent is?

I thought of this because it was make things interesting and would also limit the problem of scheduled opponents not showing up.

bread's done
Back