Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Uhh. Anyone wanna play? Surprisingly no one is playing this on my friend's list.

Also, don't suck.[/QUOTE]

Everyone stopped playing early tonight, don't really know why.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Uhh. Anyone wanna play? Surprisingly no one is playing this on my friend's list.

Also, don't suck.[/QUOTE]

I am taking a break, at least for tonight. I'll probably jump on for the Thursday night CAG session, but as much as I love COD4, I need a break after the double XP extravaganza. Plus, I have barely played any other games for weeks.

Random question: Any CAG COD players in the real military?

When I jumped on last night, I saw that "variety map pack" options were missing from my playlists. What's up with that? It's as if it forgot I had the new maps.

Pretty sure they already got thrown in with the regular rotation, I had to play Creek 3 times on FFA last night, this is by far the worst map with campers.

[quote name='Blood Covenent']so you are the bastard sending in those air strikes?

:cry:
[/quote]

Nah I just jumped out of the planes and landed *really* hard most of the time heh

Old, lonely 60-year-old Southern grandpas who constantly have to say my name in the most disturbing, rape-like fashion before a match is what really drives me to play this game everyday.

[quote name='poisonedpawn45']Nah I just jumped out of the planes and landed *really* hard most of the time heh[/quote]
ouch. have you ever seen band of brothers?
[quote name='HighlightShow']Thanks for the info, just entered the 9th.[/quote]
dang! i'm still stuck on freaking first prestige. level 38 for the win :(

[quote name='Trakan']COD4 Prestige Icons Picture Pack is up for free.

Click on the COD4 Livefire 2008 ad on the dashboard.[/QUOTE]

I may as well ask here. Is it possible to replace the Gamerpic that shows up for non-friends/public view (Halo 3 logo) without losing my custom pic taken with the Vision Cam?

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Old, lonely 60-year-old Southern grandpas who constantly have to say my name in the most disturbing, rape-like fashion before a match is what really drives me to play this game everyday.[/QUOTE]

Fine! I'll never play with you again :cry:

[quote name='Matt Young']I may as well ask here. Is it possible to replace the Gamerpic that shows up for non-friends/public view (Halo 3 logo) without losing my custom pic taken with the Vision Cam?[/QUOTE]

Yup, when you go to change it, they are in separate categories.

I'm addicted to this game again. At level 30 now. I really wish I could find a weapon/perk combo I REALLY like though.

Well that was a nice surprise. I was expecting heckling/boots from lobbies like Halo due to my rank. Jumped into a few games last night with level 40+ prestige guys when I was a level 9. But most of the guys were pretty cool and I didn't hear anything about being the only one at that beginning level. I did move up to level 10. I know. I'm awesome.

[quote name='Blood Covenent']ouch. have you ever seen band of brothers?

[/quote]

I've only seen parts of it, never had the patience to sit through the entire thing lol

Maybe someday heh

[quote name='seanr1221']Fine! I'll never play with you again :cry:

Yup, when you go to change it, they are in separate categories.

I'm addicted to this game again. At level 30 now. I really wish I could find a weapon/perk combo I REALLY like though.[/quote]

M16 w/ Red Dot Sight
Stopping Power

Learn to love it :)

[quote name='BackInBlack']M16 w/ Red Dot Sight
Stopping Power

Learn to love it :)[/QUOTE]

I second that, and I'd add Deep Impact as Perk 3. It's a good all-around combination.

Also, if you're aim sucks like mine you're better off with an LMG and Steady Aim as you can do more run and gun and shooting from the hip to get kills. I got that advice here and it helped a good bit. I'm still pretty crappy relative to most of the CAGs, but I hold my own pretty well when not playing with them and getting matched up against teams full of other multi-prestige players.

MP5 is a good LMG. P90 is better IMO but you don't unlock it until Level 40 or so.

[quote name='seanr1221']Thanks guys! I'm doing great with stopping power, steady aim and the AK74-u w/ dot scope.[/quote]
Yeah, that is a pretty smooth combo.

[quote name='Matt Young']I may as well ask here. Is it possible to replace the Gamerpic that shows up for non-friends/public view (Halo 3 logo) without losing my custom pic taken with the Vision Cam?[/QUOTE]

Yep. 2 ways, if you do it the manual way, it'll let you change it separately. If you download the pack, then click on the handy dandy change gamerpic link, the icons will be right at the top for you, and I changed mine and it didn't affect my custom Twilight Princess Link pic.

[quote name='poisonedpawn45']If you want to get hamster mad, use this combo:

shotgun
juggernaut
last stand
fragX3

:lol:
[/QUOTE]

Haha, I'm way too vocal about my hatred for Juggernaut/Last Stand combos huh?

My fallback weapon of choice is the M16 w/ red dot and Stopping Power combo. I'll sub out Stun x3, Bomb Squad, and Claymores depending on the gametype. I pretty much always have martyrdom on for games like domination for when I'm trying to capture a flag. If I die they still can't get over there for another 2-3 seconds until my grenade goes. If I'm doing something with teamkills on I'll switch over to deep impact or extreme conditioning.

[quote name='Wet Ninja']I second that, and I'd add Deep Impact as Perk 3. It's a good all-around combination.[/quote]

I noticed a huge improvement in my play after I rid myself of, mostly useless, martyrdom. Instead, electing Stopping Power. But it's Deep Impact that brought home the bacon. It coupled with Stopping Power is just sex.

My favorite combination, thus far, is also my present combination. It's AK-47 with Red Dot, Stopping Power, and Deep Impact. Also, three frag grenades and a stun grenade. I love frag grenades. 8-[

[quote name='chasemurata']I noticed a huge improvement in my play after I rid myself of, mostly useless, martyrdom. Instead, electing Stopping Power. But it's Deep Impact that brought home the bacon. It coupled with Stopping Power is just sex.

My favorite combination, thus far, is also my present combination. It's AK-47 with Red Dot, Stopping Power, and Deep Impact. Also, three frag grenades and a stun grenade. I love frag grenades. 8-[[/quote]

Im with you on the AK, gotta be my favorite. I sub out the rds for the silencer on CQC situations. People aren't as quick to notice you when your red dot doesnt show up on radar.

And let me second I ALSO HATE JUGGERNAUT! If someone has his/her red dot on you, juggernaut will not help you at all (you pansy hoes). All it does is prolong the time you get to flail around and chicken dance. Then I will hunt you down for the rest of the match.

[quote name='poisonedpawn45']I've only seen parts of it, never had the patience to sit through the entire thing lol

Maybe someday heh[/quote]

its unbelievable, the filming and directing is great.

it follows the 501st airborne from basic training, all the way to to drop in Normandy, and their raids in Holland. its sick

[quote name='life.exe']If you all like the AK, try it out with Double Tap. The thing is crazy good with it.[/QUOTE]
Have to say DoubleTap is the biggest waste of a perk in my opinion. If you are missing with the first bullets shooting them twice as fast doesnt help. When you finally hit someone you have to shoot them with 1-2 more due to no stopping power. Just seems useless to me....

Good games tonight, especially the 201-34 domination match in Chinatown!

Have to agree, double tap doesn't help. Just wastes bullets and makes recoil worse on guns that matters for.

Haha, yeah that domination game was extremely rediculous. Also extremely hilarious was that redneck guy complaining about Wombat using Juggernaut claiming that our entire team was using it.

I agree about double tap being basically a waste. The only time I've had a useful experience with it was putting it on the RPD when playing domination on shipment. It was all close quarters and I was able to spray through two or three people at a time. I'd take Sleight of Hand over Double Tap any day. The sooner you're reloaded and back into the fight the sooner you can kill the other guy shooting at you.

[quote name='xcoax']Haha, yeah that domination game was extremely rediculous. Also extremely hilarious was that redneck guy complaining about Wombat using Juggernaut claiming that our entire team was using it.

I agree about double tap being basically a waste. The only time I've had a useful experience with it was putting it on the RPD when playing domination on shipment. It was all close quarters and I was able to spray through two or three people at a time. I'd take Sleight of Hand over Double Tap any day. The sooner you're reloaded and back into the fight the sooner you can kill the other guy shooting at you.[/quote]

haha! i bet that insane.

i think my favorite match with the cag's so far was the one on shipment, 13 of us. with headshots only. i think you also put minuscule health, making a Pistol able to kill anyone.

the game lasted to 300 points on FFA, it was over in like 5 minutes.

[quote name='-BigC-']Have to say DoubleTap is the biggest waste of a perk in my opinion. If you are missing with the first bullets shooting them twice as fast doesnt help. When you finally hit someone you have to shoot them with 1-2 more due to no stopping power. Just seems useless to me....[/quote]

Its the only way I can use an AK, Double Tap+Steady Aim, other wise it just feels like it shoots too slow and sucks at close range because of its. For me, Double Tap kills them quicker than Stopping Power.

Tried double tap on the ak this morning, and I have to admit I had more success with the ak than I usually do.

It is not going to be most used gun by any means, but it's not bad.

Thanks for the tip.

[quote name='seanr1221']Picked up the new maps.

I noticed a lot of people use silencers on the AKs...any one here like them?[/quote]
Yeah, it seems to reduce the recoil a little.

I use the AK as a powerful SMG, it has some range to it but not much more then a p90 or mp5. But it kills in 2 hits and with a silencer can take out a whole team easily. I really wont ever use the gun other then to show off my gold AK but the best setup to me is a silencer+stopping power. But I am a long range player so shooting people in close quarters isnt a big concern as I dont like letting them get that close

[quote name='seanr1221']Do you want to play now?[/quote]
Sorry, I am gonna go see Street Kings with some friends.

Maybe some other time, thanks for the offer though.

bread's done
Back