Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='Scooby-Doo']I have a problem with Call of Duty 4 and was wondering if anyone can help me.

Everytime I start up CoD4, and then select "Multiplayer" from the main menu, I get the error message "Unknown error from IW Server". Has anyone ever experienced this before?

After I get that error message, I am able to select "Xbox Live", but when I am choosing my game mode (Team Deathmatch, Free-for-all, etc), it lists "0/0 players online" and "0 total players online". I am still able to find games. After leaving the game, the player counts usually show up when I return to that mode select screen.

I am not sure what this message means and I am afraid it may result in me losing some of my progress. And...just its presence sort of...bugs me. I have tried clearing the cache, and then re-downloading the update, but the error message persists.

If anyone...anyone can help me get rid of this message....I will surely have peace of mind.[/QUOTE] Maybe your NAT isn't open. Have you had problems with other games? That sounds a little wierd. You should go to the game's website and check the FAQs and if that doesn't help email the company.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Maybe your NAT isn't open. Have you had problems with other games? That sounds a little wierd. You should go to the game's website and check the FAQs and if that doesn't help email the company.[/QUOTE]

No, I only have this problem with CoD4. I tried looking through the FAQs but nothing came up, and the I e-mailed Infinity Ward but have not received a response. The error message is driving me crazy. :drool:

I was ok at COD:WAW making it to level 65 with a K/D ratio of 1.2 but I cant get the hang of this games multiplayer is there a good loadout to use to get me started. I really like using the STG44 with the app. sight in WAW is there a gun on MW that is comparable to that?

[quote name='ajh2298']I was ok at COD:WAW making it to level 65 with a K/D ratio of 1.2 but I cant get the hang of this games multiplayer is there a good loadout to use to get me started. I really like using the STG44 with the app. sight in WAW is there a gun on MW that is comparable to that?[/QUOTE]

M16, stopping power, deep impact.
MP5 (probably the best you will get in comparison to the STG 44 or MP40), stopping power/ jammer when you unlock it, extreme conditioning.
RPD, stopping power, deep impact.
M40A3, stopping power, deep impact/iron lungs.

Those are by far the easiest weapons to use in the game, especially ones at an early level since they are all unlocked by I believe level 4. I personally switch weapons out often and work on challenges which has made me pretty good with any weapon, but if I am having an off night I just have to switch back to one of the weapons I listed and I am usually fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ajh2298']I was ok at COD:WAW making it to level 65 with a K/D ratio of 1.2 but I cant get the hang of this games multiplayer is there a good loadout to use to get me started. I really like using the STG44 with the app. sight in WAW is there a gun on MW that is comparable to that?[/QUOTE]

In addition to SlimJim's suggestions, I'd suggest the G36C. It's a medium-range, full-auto assault rifle, similar to the STG44, and it's probably my favorite weapon in the game. You won't unlock it until level 37, though. In the meantime, the M4 is similar and is available much earlier.

bread's done
Back