Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='darkrage']are people still getting the 'downloading game settings' message? That one pisses me off.[/QUOTE]
It's a beta, that's what we're supposed to be testing. Track when it happens and email the beta team.

[quote name='sasukekun']I wouldve but I got kicked from the party last time :cry:[/QUOTE]
Let it be known that I wasn't the one who booted you ;) Also there is no way you'd get the best of us 3 ;)

:rofl:

We haven't played anyone online that gave us any competition. I tried finding a way to turn up the MP difficulty but I guess you can't do that ;)

[quote name='pimpinc333']Can anyone beat Trakan, Zewone, and Myself?[/quote]

I really wish there was a way to set up matches. It'd be a lot more fun.

Got my code on Sunday - played it all Sunday night and loved every minute of it. The code definitely surprised me and it was tough to balance BioShock, the four free arcade games and Puzzle Fighter, but I think I pulled it off.

Got my BETA! finally!!! Im so excited. Ill be on 9/5/07 all day from 4:50-7-8:00 hit me up if you want to play: XBL Gamer Tag : MemphisGun. Add me if you wish.

The Icon JimmieMac, DrStarkweather, and myself are having some killer games right now. Haven't lost a round yet. Undercovered a werid glitch also . Somehow we ended up in an 8 vs. 8 Team Deathmatch battle when we were going into a 3 vs. 3 Team Tactical Match. A little laggy but pretty sweet to do 8 vs. 8. Anyone else have this happen to them?

so far i like the game the only complaint i have so far is that when you first start playing the game its gonna suck. The perks and the different attachments make the game much easier to play. I started playing on sunday and i was bottom 3 every match i played. i got the last stand perk and the scopes i was hitting top three every round.

[quote name='Sc4rfac3']so far i like the game the only complaint i have so far is that when you first start playing the game its gonna suck. The perks and the different attachments make the game much easier to play. I started playing on sunday and i was bottom 3 every match i played. i got the last stand perk and the scopes i was hitting top three every round.[/quote]
It took me forever to figure out what a perk was, especially the Last Stand one. When I first played, I thought the guys I killed were just going at it "John Woo style" by leaping onto their backs and shooting at me from the ground. I was like, "Damn, they are pretty good." :lol: I find it to be one of the more useless perks now. It works on nubs, but now everyone pretty much knows to make sure you're dead when you hit the ground.

[quote name='Kendro']It took me forever to figure out what a perk was, especially the Last Stand one. When I first played, I thought the guys I killed were just going at it "John Woo style" by leaping onto their backs and shooting at me from the ground. I was like, "Damn, they are pretty good." :lol: I find it to be one of the more useless perks now. It works on nubs, but now everyone pretty much knows to make sure you're dead when you hit the ground.[/QUOTE]
Not true.

I light people up with Last Stand. I usually get 2-3 kills while on my back.

[quote name='zewone']Not true.

I light people up with Last Stand. I usually get 2-3 kills while on my back.[/QUOTE]
How? I'm one of the suckiest sucks to ever suck at FPS's and even I figured out pretty fast that you shoot the guy until +5 pops up.

[quote name='Damian']How? I'm one of the suckiest sucks to ever suck at FPS's and even I figured out pretty fast that you shoot the guy until +5 pops up.[/QUOTE]
I have a quick trigger finger with my .45 pistol. It only takes about 4 shots to kill someone with it, and for the first couple of seconds of Last Stand you are invulnerable. Just get the shots off before he can hurt you.

After I kill the guy who shot me, I wait for unsuspecting enemies to waltz by.

[quote name='zewone']I have a quick trigger finger with my .45 pistol. It only takes about 4 shots to kill someone with it, and for the first couple of seconds of Last Stand you are invulnerable. Just get the shots off before he can hurt you.[/QUOTE]
Ah, I didn't know you were invulnerable at first.

Last Stand is ok sometimes but I usually prefer extreme conditioning or deep impact. Whenever I use last stand I can get around maybe 1-2 kills, 3 max but I really don't use it that much.

I'll admit I got "Last Standed" a couple times before I noticed what was going on. Now I empty clips into everyone, standing or not! :bomb:

Overall, I'm having a lot of fun with the Free For All mode. In the Team Play games, most of the people on my side don't speak at all, so it's kind of hard to coordinate anything.

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']Your sig makes me miss Arrested Development again.[/quote]

DUDE I just thought the exact same thing. It made me bust out my arrested development dvds and I'm watching them now.

bread's done
Back