Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='valor19']Awesome COD4 sig, chasemurata. I was actually shocked that I was listed in it, lol.

That being said, I'm on COD4 a lot more now. Can't wait for the new maps![/quote]

Custom designed by our claymore-lovin' Khondor

I love shipment HQ, though I must admit that I rarely go for the capture on that map, and when my team is up by 50-60 we stop going for it at all, so we can get more kills. Then again that is with my team, and we own anybody. There are a few other HQ's I refuse to go for, like the outside one on vacant, or the middle on wetwork, but generally I'm all over the HQ trying to cap it.

[quote name='-BigC-']Well even though at times I do capture the headquarters I think if you play Shipment straight up your pretty stupid. The map is obviously not meant to be played with an objective game type so if you arent into it backout. I play it when I need to get my kdr up but when I want to win I backout of rooms once the map comes up[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I ended up backing out of that one. I generally don't play objective games unless I'm playing with the CAG group as playing with random people in objective games sucks, but it was getting late and I wanted to get to level 40 before I quit to unlock the P90 so I played some for the extra exp points.

That said, they should tweak play lists so maps that aren't suited for certain game types don't come up.

Such as removing Wetworks from every playlist. I swear people only do three things on that map. Grenade spam with Frag x3, Hide in the dark corners and kill everyone who runs by, or camp at either end of the ship and snipe. The only time I'll ever play Wetworks is when I'm dumped into a game already in progress.

Yeah they need to tweak the map cycle. Wetworks out and Ambush more frequent. I can go some nights without even seeing it.

Does anyone know what the protocol is for the new maps in MM? Is there gonna be a separate playlist? Mixed in but filters only people who have the maps? I really haven't hear anything yet. Thanks for the info.

We really need to get some CAG v. CAG going when the maps come out. That way we can get some games going but also take some time to explore the new maps. I realize someone could do a private match by themselves and explore the new maps, but it would be much better as a group in my opinion.

Also, thanks for making that sig, Khondor.

yea i couldnt resist after all and i just bought a 1600pt card.
I'll be getting the maps when it comes out.
And i agree that a private CAG game would be nice.

PS: is the map comming out today or what?

[quote name='supraazn']yea i couldnt resist after all and i just bought a 1600pt card.

PS: is the map comming out today or what?[/quote]

Infinity Ward reassured us the maps will be out this week, with a big emphasis on today or tomorrow (here's hoping it's the former).

Yea I think wetworks really needs to be removed from the game, I thought maps like that went out of style like 5 years ago. It would be fine if they added a lower level on the side to walk from almost end to end and another level below the main deck. Also there should never be a headquarter location with only 1 way to get in. The thing is sooooo hard to get back if the other team is anygood

I don't like Wetworks either, by the way, but I will say I'd like it more if they retooled it to make it more of an 'on-a-ship' experience and allowed people to push/knife-stab people off the ship.

Got my 4000 point card from Amazon, so I'm set to get the maps as soon as they're out. Would be great if they popped up this evening in time for our cag matches.

[quote name='rvdrock']Got my GOTY edition today, I'll be on that bitch at 9:30 CST...at a measly level one...thats gonna suck lol[/quote]

How are the new maps? Do they make good nice and sexy burgers? :drool:

[quote name='chasemurata']How are the new maps? Do they make good nice and sexy burgers? :drool:[/quote]

I believe that the GOTY copy only comes with a code to unlock the maps for free when it gets release to everyone.

[quote name='supraazn']I believe that the GOTY copy only comes with a code to unlock the maps for free when it gets release to everyone.[/quote]

No sexy burgers for anyone, then. :whistle2:(

I love shipment HQ, though I must admit that I rarely go for the capture on that map, and when my team is up by 50-60 we stop going for it at all, so we can get more kills. Then again that is with my team, and we own anybody. There are a few other HQ's I refuse to go for, like the outside one on vacant, or the middle on wetwork, but generally I'm all over the HQ trying to cap it.

[quote name='-BigC-']Well even though at times I do capture the headquarters I think if you play Shipment straight up your pretty stupid. The map is obviously not meant to be played with an objective game type so if you arent into it backout. I play it when I need to get my kdr up but when I want to win I backout of rooms once the map comes up[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I ended up backing out of that one. I generally don't play objective games unless I'm playing with the CAG group as playing with random people in objective games sucks, but it was getting late and I wanted to get to level 40 before I quit to unlock the P90 so I played some for the extra exp points.

That said, they should tweak play lists so maps that aren't suited for certain game types don't come up.

Such as removing Wetworks from every playlist. I swear people only do three things on that map. Grenade spam with Frag x3, Hide in the dark corners and kill everyone who runs by, or camp at either end of the ship and snipe. The only time I'll ever play Wetworks is when I'm dumped into a game already in progress.

Yeah they need to tweak the map cycle. Wetworks out and Ambush more frequent. I can go some nights without even seeing it.

Does anyone know what the protocol is for the new maps in MM? Is there gonna be a separate playlist? Mixed in but filters only people who have the maps? I really haven't hear anything yet. Thanks for the info.

We really need to get some CAG v. CAG going when the maps come out. That way we can get some games going but also take some time to explore the new maps. I realize someone could do a private match by themselves and explore the new maps, but it would be much better as a group in my opinion.

Also, thanks for making that sig, Khondor.

yea i couldnt resist after all and i just bought a 1600pt card.

PS: is the map comming out today or what?

[quote name='supraazn']yea i couldnt resist after all and i just bought a 1600pt card.

PS: is the map comming out today or what?[/quote]

Infinity Ward reassured us the maps will be out this week, with a big emphasis on today or tomorrow (here's hoping it's the former).

Yea I think wetworks really needs to be removed from the game, I thought maps like that went out of style like 5 years ago. It would be fine if they added a lower level on the side to walk from almost end to end and another level below the main deck. Also there should never be a headquarter location with only 1 way to get in. The thing is sooooo hard to get back if the other team is anygood

I don't like Wetworks either, by the way, but I will say I'd like it more if they retooled it to make it more of an 'on-a-ship' experience and allowed people to push/knife-stab people off the ship.

Got my 4000 point card from Amazon, so I'm set to get the maps as soon as they're out. Would be great if they popped up this evening in time for our cag matches.

[quote name='rvdrock']Got my GOTY edition today, I'll be on that bitch at 9:30 CST...at a measly level one...thats gonna suck lol[/quote]

How are the new maps? Do they make good nice and sexy burgers? :drool:

[quote name='chasemurata']How are the new maps? Do they make good nice and sexy burgers? :drool:[/quote]

I believe that the GOTY copy only comes with a code to unlock the maps for free when it gets release to everyone.

[quote name='supraazn']I believe that the GOTY copy only comes with a code to unlock the maps for free when it gets release to everyone.[/quote]

No sexy burgers for anyone, then. :whistle2:(

[quote name='psionicjinx']http://gameoftheyear.callofduty.com/
It says the maps are getting released on the 4th. That you'll also be able to redeem your codes for the marketplace token in the "evening." Assuming they stick with the schedule they put up.[/quote]

Well, at least it will be here during the weekend.

Thanks for the update panda.
damn my insomniac ... i'm gonna sleep through the release ... i guess i'll have a chance to play it after my one and only class tomorrow at around 11.

And i just saw the creek video ... Damn that map is gonna be awesome.

So how about it, CAG friday match?

Less than 4 hours. I decided to stay up through the night and try to get to sleep around 10-ish tomorrow/today (Friday) since my sleep patterns have been fucked up, so I will likely be playing most of the day.

I couldnt sleep, so I decided to check if the maps where up.
Put in COD4 and got an update.
Now in the multiplayer section, there is an option to download maps.
Cant do it just yet, but its only a matter of time :bouncy:

[quote name='Matt Young']Khondor, we should definitely party up and play the new maps as soon as they come out, along with any other CAGs who are available.[/quote]

im down with that.
Party up Cags!!!!

[quote name='Khondor']im down with that.
Party up Cags!!!![/QUOTE]

alb4401.jpg

Upon further review, I'll likely be able to play for an hour to an hour and a half after the maps come out before going out to breakfast. Afterwards, I have all the time in the world.

damn my insomniac to hell.
Well since it doesn't look like i will be asleep anytime soon ... sign me up for the CAG party as well.
Hopefully the whole map download and servers will go smoothly.

Downloading the maps right now, I let Matt Young know. The speed is such shit. FYI it's nearly 450mb.

bread's done
Back