Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='sasukekun']Marketplace is broken, keeps giving me an error code when I try to d/l them. Tried both in-game and marketplace.[/QUOTE]

Yep, same here.

Oh well, was just going to check them out for a bit probably won't be home to play tonight anyway.

Will try to grab them in the morning if I can't get them today.

[quote name='sasukekun']Marketplace is broken, keeps giving me an error code when I try to d/l them. Tried both in-game and marketplace.[/quote]

Too many people trying at once probably. School is out.

I like how I keep getting errors while trying to redeem my prepaid points card.

YEAH, YEAH!

GAAHHHHH! It won't let me buy more points over live!

I'm going to have to run to best buy here in a minute, but it sounds like that isn't working either. I will be mega pissed if I can't get these maps today.

This fucking stinks.

If I get fucked out of my points card, I'm going to punch a baby.

[quote name='Brak']This fucking stinks.

If I get fucked out of my points card, I'm going to punch a baby.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget to club a baby seal too.

I was finally able to d/l the maps in-game. Took like 30+ tries to actually get it to start d/ling though.

[quote name='Brak']This fucking stinks.

If I get fucked out of my points card, I'm going to punch a baby.[/QUOTE]

Did you try redeeming it on Xbox.com?

I'll push a girl down in a mud puddle, too.
[quote name='zewone']Did you try redeeming it on Xbox.com?[/QUOTE]
Yeah. The results switch between "This code is not valid", or being forwarded to "This page cannot be displayed."

Played 3 of the 4. Wish I could just play Headquarters to get a better feel of the game but Broadcast feels like the perfect HQ map so far. So many different spots and they arent impossible to retake really and I havent seen a horrible spawn in the 3 games I had

Also does anyone else think the graphics got a update? The game seems brighter on those new maps....

Son of a _____...

I just bought 1600 points and scratched off the code not realizing that I could purchase 500 points online (which is all I needed).

[quote name='mvp828']Son of a _____...

I just bought 1600 points and scratched off the code not realizing that I could purchase 500 points online (which is all I needed).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but I tried doing it over live and it wouldn't work. I ended up getting the card as well, which I will now attempt to input.

Edit: Won't work. Just wasted $20 and an hour of my time. fuck.

I just called and talked to some nice guy in India and he said to wait an hour because they're updating the redeem code section of xbox live or something.

Well...My Xbox is finally and completely dead, im gonna try the towel trick and see if it works for a while...if not Im sending it back today....That machine crapped out on me last night and i missed the festivities.

Goodbye 360...I shall see you hopefully before GTA4 comes out...till then au revoir!

[quote name='xcoax']Yeah, but I tried doing it over live and it wouldn't work. I ended up getting the card as well, which I will now attempt to input.

Edit: Won't work. Just wasted $20 and an hour of my time. fuck.[/quote]

Yea, I am sitting here repeatedly attempting to up my balance and I keep getting errors... This is frustrating the hell outta me right now.

I keep getting invaid and other BS too, when I keep entering the code 100% correct. Along with status error 801500a and this other one. Goddamnit.

[quote name='mvp828']Yea, I am sitting here repeatedly attempting to up my balance and I keep getting errors... This is frustrating the hell outta me right now.[/QUOTE]

I know its hella frustrating that I can't even play COD4 new maps or not since I can't get the update to work.

I might have to play some *gasp* halo or something.

Why are we insured to have a colossal fuck-up whenever they release something big on Xbox LIVE? It's like they don't realize there is going to be more traffic.

Step your game up, Microsoft.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']I'm going to go berserk. I finally was able to download the maps but now I can't download the fucking game update.[/QUOTE]

I just cleared my cache and the update downloaded just fine. Still not able to get the maps though.

[quote name='Brak']Why are we insured to have a colossal fuck-up whenever they release something big on Xbox LIVE? It's like they don't realize there is going to be more traffic.

Step your game up, Microsoft.[/QUOTE]

LAWLZ at Microsoft. I just called 4MYXBOX to cancel one of the credit cards on my account, and "Max" tells you to wait an hour before trying to sign in again.

Be prepared for at least a 1-1/2 hour DL. Make some tea, eat some tacos, pop a bottle of wine, or beat COD4 on veteran while you wait.......Unless you have FIOS.

well, i bought points at gamestop, and i tried to upload them and its just not working. i called xbox and so, they said they have been having problems with people trying to activate them.

said it would be fixed in a few hours. so when i get home from my friends house (cuz he already bought it) and they are sick :(

so, i'll see when i get home.

Killhouse ftw!

[quote name='A Happy Panda']LAWLZ at Microsoft. I just called 4MYXBOX to cancel one of the credit cards on my account, and "Max" tells you to wait an hour before trying to sign in again.[/QUOTE]
Max is full of shit.

[quote name='chi.bri']Be prepared for at least a 1-1/2 hour DL. Make some tea, eat some tacos, pop a bottle of wine, or beat COD4 on veteran while you wait.......Unless you have FIOS.[/quote]

I think I'm going to try and download this while I watch the new season of BSG.

Damn. Sorry to hear all the strife -- I had no problems downloading the maps in the AM. So far, they all look like winners, even if I had to set up a private match just to see Killhouse.

[quote name='trq']Damn. Sorry to hear all the strife -- I had no problems downloading the maps in the AM. So far, they all look like winners, even if I had to set up a private match just to see Killhouse.[/QUOTE]

Yea kinda bummed about killhouse. The map is cool and all but not being able to play it sucks. Creek, Tokyo, and Broadcast are really sweet though. I like the Tokyo map since it a remake of one of my favorite COD2 maps.

I cant redeem my point card to buy the new maps, which is okay cos the the live marketplace is totally down even if I had the points already on my account.

So I decide to try and play some online while I wait. But I can't download the update for the game... *sigh*

[quote name='pimpinc333']Yea kinda bummed about killhouse. The map is cool and all but not being able to play it sucks. Creek, Tokyo, and Broadcast are really sweet though. I like the Tokyo map since it a remake of one of my favorite COD2 maps.[/QUOTE]

Best way to describe the new maps (Chinatown in particular): I heard someone today call it "deep" -- full of alternate routes, flanking zones, and creative workarounds. I'd never thought of maps in that way, but he was totally right. The new maps are deep.

CitizenZero, pimpinc33, send a FR to twenzor, a few of us CAGs are trying to get map pack people together.

I came in here to bitch that I can't even play the regular maps because i cant download the damn game update, but I see everyone else has the same problem.

Way to go MS. Who would have thought there would be alot of people downloading something when you release new maps and a patch for the #1 game to play on live.

Yo Twen, thanks for the invite, but I am still waiting for my download to complete. Hopefully it will be done in awhile so I can play a few matches before work at midnight.

Right now I am just gonna pass the time watching a movie or taking a nap.

If Killhouse is already integrated into the regular Cage Match and Team Tactial playlists why can't they integrate the rest of the maps into the other regular playlists like Ground War?

That seriously pisses me off.

On the plus side, I'm a big fan of all 4 maps, I especially like the variety of Chinatown and Creek.

[quote name='chasemurata']AM DOWNLOADING

AM ABOUT TO EXPLODE WIF D LITE

*fizzes*[/quote]

get ready to xplode wif angur when you cant download the game update.

[quote name='Mojimbo']If Killhouse is already integrated into the regular Cage Match and Team Tactial playlists why can't they integrate the rest of the maps into the other regular playlists like Ground War?

That seriously pisses me off.

On the plus side, I'm a big fan of all 4 maps, I especially like the variety of Chinatown and Creek.[/QUOTE]

Next week, all the new maps will be integrated into the regular playlists.

I'm curious as to how they will handle it when one or so people don't have them downloaded.

If it causes them to not pop up often, I'm going to be pissed.

[quote name='zewone']Next week, all the new maps will be integrated into the regular playlists.

I'm curious as to how they will handle it when one or so people don't have them downloaded.

If it causes them to not pop up often, I'm going to be pissed.[/QUOTE]

When COD3 released new maps they had it intergrated in right away. Their first pack was 5 or 6 maps and they showed up pretty regularly.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Not worth the price IMO. Any chance of these becoming free?[/QUOTE]

Probably 4-6 months. Just look at how long the Halo3 Map Pack lasted.

I'll repeat since some people are still saying so:

If you're having trouble downloading the update, clear your cache and it should work.

Worked for me anyway.

[quote name='zewone']Next week, all the new maps will be integrated into the regular playlists.

If it causes them to not pop up often, I'm going to be pissed.[/QUOTE]Yeah, but they already have a new map(Killhouse) in a regular playlist(Cage Match and Team Tactical.) They must already have a solution, which doesn't explain the hold up.

bread's done
Back