Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Gen. Discussion & Info

I don't think it's a hold up.

They're doing this on purpose because they know people only want to play the maps they just bought today.

Plus, this is the only way they could offer double XP for just the new maps.

[quote name='zewone']I don't think so.

Don't they still charge for the COD2 and COD3 maps?[/QUOTE]

Correct. And ...

[quote name='zewone']I don't think it's a hold up.

They're doing this on purpose because they know people only want to play the maps they just bought today.

Plus, this is the only way they could offer double XP for just the new maps.[/QUOTE]

... also correct.

[quote name='twen']CitizenZero, pimpinc33, send a FR to twenzor, a few of us CAGs are trying to get map pack people together.[/QUOTE]

I'd love to ... but I'm actually procrastinating on a project and posting from work. No more playtime for me until Monday. *sigh*

Meh, Market Place is borked for me. Trying to input a points card and it first acted like it was wrong, then it came to the "Redeem" screen and gave an error, now it's acting like it's not in right. Guess a lot of people are downloading the maps eh?

[quote name='Blood Covenent']did you buy the GOTY edition? thought you already owned it?[/quote]

They get a code to dl the maps, they arent on the disc.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']It's STILL messed up? fuck me.[/QUOTE]

I had time to eat dinner and watch American Gangster. MS should have had enough time to fix this. ;)

Got though on the download by going through the game menu, and got the update earlier today. Seems the download is running kinda slow, though, and I can't back out of the download blade in COD4 or the download will stop. Which is the EXACT issue I have with the Rock Band store, as well. :bomb:

Oh well. Dattebayo released Shippuuden 53 and 54 (widescreen starting with 54, woot!), so I've got some time.

I still can't redeem my points card to download the maps. I've gotten to the point where you would download them if you had points several times, but since I don't it was just a big tease. Its a good thing I chose not to go to a show tonight because I would be playing COD's new maps. Way to ruin my evening.

Maybe tomorrow Microsoft, maybe tomorrow.

How does one clear their cache?

EDIT: Nevermind - I figured it out but it still won't work. MS will charge my account for points but won't let me have the maps. Hmmm.

I just redeemed my points card, updated CoD4, and downloaded the map pack, all in the last 15 min. Thats after banging my head against the wall since I got home from work today.

Just waiting for Battlestar Galactica to finish so I can try to actually play these new maps.

Xbox live must be choked, every time I try to download it using the token from the GOTY edition I get an error message. Will keep trying I guess.

Edit: Well, even though it said it had an error, I checked the active download windows and it is at 57% and increasing, so hopefully it is working fine.

Edit: Well, it gave a Can't download variety pack, so I guess it's having issues. As long as it shows in my account management pages, it means I didn't lose the token, right?

[quote name='richdmoore']Xbox live must be choked, every time I try to download it using the token from the GOTY edition I get an error message. Will keep trying I guess.

Edit: Well, even though it said it had an error, I checked the active download windows and it is at 57% and increasing, so hopefully it is working fine.

Edit: Well, it gave a Can't download variety pack, so I guess it's having issues. As long as it shows in my account management pages, it means I didn't lose the token, right?[/QUOTE]

Yup, you can retry anytime.

The maps are pretty cool, thanks to the double XP I'm now maxed out for level 55 but I don't see myself doing prestige. I think I'm going to work toward unlocking EVERYTHING for every gun. That seems like the biggest challenge.

After about 30 minutes of me wanting to throw my 360 through my floor, it finally downloaded for me. Had a chance to play Broadcast and it seemed like a pretty cool map!

Headquarters was actually fun for the first time since the game came out. Hopefully the others will be as fun.

Do you think they'll extend the x2 XP weekend, since Microsoft botched another big release?

I still can't redeem my motherfucking points card.

[quote name='Matt Young']Lucky bastards who downloaded the maps in 15 minutes. Took me 2 hours and 15 minutes this morning.[/quote]

I feel ya man, but it was worth it. Didn't have time to play yet, but did a quick walkthrough of the TV station and it looks tight!

Played 3 of the 4 maps so far and they're all pretty cool, still need to get used to them and figure out the layouts. Luckily, I didn't have too many problems downloading the pack, took me a few retries to get it started.

[quote name='RandyTsai']are the new maps in the free for all rotation? i played like 10 matches and none were with the new maps.[/quote]

nop, you have to play in the new modes labeled "Variety Map pack- xxxxxx"

The old and new maps are never in rotation with each other.
Also its not free you have to pay 800pts and DL a 444mb file.

Man, its a good thing this waited until 2:30am to actually work. I don't know what I would have done playing COD4 maps all freaking day.

I was about to go to bed, but now I'm going to have to play these tonight. Thanks Microsoft for stealing my sleep.

Got the maps around noonish. Been playing on and off since then. Played about 6-7 hours total for the day and jumped from Level 19 to Level 37. Not too shabby. 7th Prestige.

[quote name='supraazn']nop, you have to play in the new modes labeled "Variety Map pack- xxxxxx"

The old and new maps are never in rotation with each other.
Also its not free you have to pay 800pts and DL a 444mb file.[/QUOTE]

i already dled the new maps for free. i got one of those tokens from the game of the year edition for preording a game at ebgames. i didnt notice the new mode. i will look for it later.

New maps are awesome, but Creek is gonna take some getting use to.

It was great playing with the CAGs tonight, CheapyD even joined us for a few rounds.

[quote name='Khondor']New maps are awesome, but Creek is gonna take some getting use to.

It was great playing with the CAGs tonight, CheapyD even joined us for a few rounds.[/quote]

Yeah, it was tons o' fun, and very neat to play with, resident celebrity, Cheapy-sama. :drool: Matt and Franky joined in as well. Again, fun times had by all, I do believe.

When we first started playing on Creek, I absolutely hated the map, but by the time CheapyD joined, I found myself understanding just what goes where, like Tetris - but without the bastard Z piece. :whistle2:k

Broacast is my favorite new map with Chinatown and Creek trailing. I played a few matches in Killhouse, and while I like the design, I like team games with at least 6 total teammates. Plus, I was looking forward to another Shipment. Hehehe... ;)

Aaaand I need sleep. x_x;

rip

Got to play the new mps for about 20 mins before my Day 1 launch 360 broke.

Getting a new one tomorrow so I can get back in the fight

I haven't managed to play Killhouse yet (the one map I really wanted to) but the others were pretty fun. Chinatown was incredibly trippy in that I knew the layout of the map, but not the textures. It was weird spawning and looking around for a second and then relating to where that would be on Carentan.

Creek was weird in that people are all up on the hillsides where I would normally think it was just a wall. I played one hardcore team deathmatch and basically got destroyed by snipers laying in the tall grass. I didn't even see anyone until five minutes into the game.

Broadcast was possibly too cluttered in my opinion. I know the headquarters match I played on it was incredibly difficult. I'd have to go through seven different little rooms before I'd finally find my way in there only to be killed by the team already there and have to spawn on the other side of the map and do it al over.

Overall I wasn't too happy with the maps, but I'm sure that will change once I get to know them. People were playing them all day where I just got them at 2:30 this morning thanks to all the trouble microsoft made.

Killhouse is pretty lame. It reminds me of something someone would make with the Halo 3 custom designer. Nothing special, just random objects you've seen before placed in a standred fashion. I think they added it so they could say four instead of three.

Grabbed the maps this morning with no problems after not being able to get through yesterday.

Hopefully will have time to hop on and check them out today.

The maps are really great. I still wait for a map where the sky changes from nighttime to daytime to nighttime, etc.. while you're playing. The Double EXP is making this really addictive. Got the maps at around 3AM, and I was piss horrible playing them. However, I did run into Bozon (from IGN) and his small group of buddies while searching for a match. I guess they too just got the maps DLed as they were pretty horrible too -- plus the lag, it was glitching all over.

I love love love love love Creek! My only problem with it is I'm pretty good at locating the snipers with a sniper rifle, but get WAAAY more kills with the red dot M16 so I am constantly going back and forth on which weapon to use...

How's the community for beginners now? Is this game now dominated by pros/veterans, or can someone like me jump back into it and still compete decently? I only got into the MP for a few hours when it first came out.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']How's the community for beginners now? Is this game now dominated by pros/veterans, or can someone like me jump back into it and still compete decently? I only got into the MP for a few hours when it first came out.[/quote]

Anyone can jump in and have fun.

It seems that the maps are hit and miss so far. Team deathmatch on Broadcast and Chinatown is pretty fun, but objective-based games are tough since I'm not familiar with the layout.

I'm sure that once we've played them to death this will change.

Creek is not fun, period. I really don't like like snipers in this game, so it's probably my problem, but it's not fun having everybody know where you are and you can't find anybody.

Well things are getting a little better online. Atleast getting a few kills.

I notice people see me like crazy, like from across the map. Do people know the map this well or do they have some add-on attachment that helps or what?

But yeah, games pretty awesome.

That kinda sucks, I went to bed after seeing no one online, and then everyone gets the maps in the wee hours in the morning, and then I get back on and it's just like yesterday.

You guys plan shit horribly.

[quote name='Chronotrigga']The maps are really great. I still wait for a map where the sky changes from nighttime to daytime to nighttime, etc.. while you're playing. The Double EXP is making this really addictive. Got the maps at around 3AM, and I was piss horrible playing them. However, I did run into Bozon (from IGN) and his small group of buddies while searching for a match. I guess they too just got the maps DLed as they were pretty horrible too -- plus the lag, it was glitching all over.[/QUOTE]

did the code work ok? please leave trade feedback when you get a chance. thanks.

bread's done
Back