Call of Duty: Black Ops w/ 3-Month Live Card - Was $49.99, now $59.99 (X360)

gizmo12688

CAGiversary!
From Dell

Apparently since I'm a new user, I can't post a link. But it's at the Dell online store.

Shipping is free as well. The only thing I am unsure of is if next day shipping is free too. It says 0.00 when I select it, but I'm not sure if that will change.

Yeah, thanks OP. To me, it's better than a gaming coupon for Kmart, BB, etc. as I don't shop at B&Ms.

Anyone shop Dell before and know if they charge right away or when it ships?

Thanks in advance.

[quote name='jimmayhorn']Yeah, thanks OP. To me, it's better than a gaming coupon for Kmart, BB, etc. as I don't shop at B&Ms.

Anyone shop Dell before and know if they charge right away or when it ships?

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

They charge when shipped. I got in on the $30 XBL 1-yr cards when they were OOS but wouldn't ship until late September so I placed the order and they charged when the cards were back in stock and right before shipping.

From my experience with Dell (and most other places) they won't charge you extra from what you placed your order for. With dell if it was $0.00 on shipping when you checked out, that will be the case. I haven't looked but I'm guessing it's a free shipping over $50 thing? But that's just an assumption, either way it should be free shipping right now.

Will the charge for the shipping too? I want to put in "Next Day Delivery" since it says no charge, but I don't want it to change when it ships and get charged an extra $15

Finally pulled the trigger on this. This is perfect since I hate auto-renewal, and I need more XBL months. Suck it, Amazon.

Thank you very much, OP.

[quote name='gizmo12688']Will the charge for the shipping too? I want to put in "Next Day Delivery" since it says no charge, but I don't want it to change when it ships and get charged an extra $15[/QUOTE]

^Same as Gizmo. All shipping methods say $0.00.

Thank a lot fellas. You guys rock. :D

[quote name='jimmayhorn']^Same as Gizmo. All shipping methods say $0.00.

Thank a lot fellas. You guys rock. :D[/QUOTE]

I think I found the answer

"The 'Next Business Day" delivery option is available during checkout. Selecting the 'Next Business Day" delivery option in checkout will incur an additional charge per cartridge. Next Business Day delivery is not available in Alaska or Hawaii."

[quote name='gizmo12688']I think I found the answer

"The 'Next Business Day" delivery option is available during checkout. Selecting the 'Next Business Day" delivery option in checkout will incur an additional charge per cartridge. Next Business Day delivery is not available in Alaska or Hawaii."[/QUOTE]

Oh, crap. I just hit submit. Thanks for the info. So, they will charge me that crazy amount on the 9th? Why would they put it at 0.00? And I thought I was too mature for online trickery. :roll:

Yeah I held off on buying it myself. Mainly because I wanted to wait for some reviews first. Hopefully this deal is still active! lol

[quote name='benjamouth']Thanks OP, in for one, they better not screw me on that next day delivery thing.[/QUOTE]

I bit. I wanted to wait like gizmo, but just not sure if it will be "readily" available.

I'm on tech chat with someone right now about the next day delivery deal. *I love your sig

*UPDATE: They WILL charge you for next day delivery in November!!

[quote name='jimmayhorn']
*UPDATE: They WILL charge you for next day delivery in November!![/QUOTE]

:roll: Geez, would have been nice if they'd made that a bit clearer, I'm going to cancel and re-order using one of the other shipping options.

Thanks for the info.

EDIT - Great, turns out I can't cancel it.

[quote name='benjamouth']:roll: Geez, would have been nice if they'd made that a bit clearer, I'm going to cancel and re-order using one of the other shipping options.

Thanks for the info.[/QUOTE]

No problem. I just cancelled. Will probably reorder.

@coolflea216: How long would it take for Amazon to price match? I am always the one to wait and get a game after it's out and the reviews come out and there is a better deal.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']Is it even legally allowed for them to charge you anything different than the total amount you've signed to pay for on the receipt?[/QUOTE]

I don't believe they can charge you more than (less than may be a different story), at least not once you have the receipt in hand. Whenever there's been an issue with the price they always just cancel the order.

I just ordered online via chat with a dell agent and he said I will NOT get charged shipping. See part of chat below:

9:15:05 AM
user1.png
James so if I order I will not get charged shipping?
9:15:56 AM
agent.png
Tony E That is correct, if you would like we can setup an order over chat on this game with free shipping today

[quote name='jimbobs']I just ordered online via chat with a dell agent and he said I will NOT get charged shipping. See part of chat below:

9:15:05 AM
user1.png
James so if I order I will not get charged shipping?
9:15:56 AM
agent.png
Tony E That is correct, if you would like we can setup an order over chat on this game with free shipping today[/QUOTE]

10/28/2010 09:38:39AMAgent (Avinash R): "Yes, Shipping will be charged for this order."
10/28/2010 09:39:16AMJames Mayhorn: "Then I would like to change my shipping method please."
10/28/2010 09:39:25AMJames Mayhorn: "Is that possible?"
10/28/2010 09:40:13AMAgent (Avinash R): "I am sorry, I do not have the access to change the ship method, Please get in touch with the customer care, They will be able to do this for you."
10/28/2010 09:40:22AMAgent (Avinash R): "please call customer care @ 1-800-624-9897"

Stupid Dell. Now I know why I never bought anything from them before (or used for that matter). I still ended up reordering and choosing the first method. I'll have it by the 16th of November and I don't care that much.

Thanks everyone. Sorry I clogged up the thread.

^What does that even mean? Do they charge for shipping yes or no?
Thanx don't want to wait till Nov 16 to play COD lol plus my gold runs out on the 9th. I think this would be perfect for me.

[quote name='Flowfaster']^What does that even mean? Do they charge for shipping yes or no?
Thanx don't want to wait till Nov 16 to play COD lol plus my gold runs out on the 9th. I think this would be perfect for me.[/QUOTE]

It means that they would charge you shipping when it shipped but jimbobs got his changed even though it says $0.00 for all shipping methods. I had to call and cancel my order and reorder with the lowest free shipping offer of 7 days.

Ya know there is a whole page before this. :roll:

I suggest taking a screenshot of your order page showing the 0.00 charge for shipping. If Dell tries to charge you when the game ships you should be able to dispute it fairly easily. The worst case scenario would be that your order gets cancelled because of the incorrect shipping charge.

[quote name='nmeurett']Not really a deal if price is $59.99 the card is kinda worthless..[/QUOTE]

Ahh I wonder if it was a pricing error, no need to worry about cancelling my order as I'm sure Dell are about to do it for me.

I just got off the phone with a rep and was told that there was no charge for shipping and that there will be no additional charges. If this turns out to be incorrect, the hassle of arguing with Dell or disputing the charge with the CC company isn't going to be fun.

MjC

Was about to bite, but realized they raised the price up $10. This combined with them shipping my Rock band keyboard bundle to me on the 16th is making me really hate Dell.

Is there a way to tell on amazon if you preordered when they were offering the $20 credit? I preordered it forever ago on there but then had to cancel and reorder like 2 months ago to use some of my credit that was gonna expire and cant seem to figure out how to tell if it has the credit or not. If it doesn't then I'm gonna switch to this.

In for one! Thanks gizmo12688 and CaseX!

To the above poster, you should probably contact Amazon customer service to get a direct answer.

Mine says estimated delivery of 11/15. I selected Next Day Business.

Will this be a headache later on? Can they just add on the price of shipping later on? I hope this isn't a nightmare waiting to rise up.

[quote name='tipio']Mine says estimated delivery of 11/15. I selected Next Day Business.

Will this be a headache later on? Can they just add on the price of shipping later on? I hope this isn't a nightmare waiting to rise up.[/QUOTE]

I don't think they can, but keep your email with the $0.00 for shipping in case you need to dispute the charge with your CC company.

[quote name='tipio']Mine says estimated delivery of 11/15. I selected Next Day Business.

Will this be a headache later on? Can they just add on the price of shipping later on? I hope this isn't a nightmare waiting to rise up.[/QUOTE]

Mine has a similar issue, although it says 11/12 (the Friday). Rather annoying.

I just got the $49.99 deal and chatted with customer support prior to ordering. I had to pay tax but free next business day shipping. No fees to be added in later per customer support. Great deal. Alot better than a free poster from amazon.com

bread's done
Back