Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 pre-order $49.99 @ FS Oct 19th - 1 day only

Talus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Just got my 3 Days of Web Deals e-mail announcement and this particular deal caught my eye :)

PS3

Regular price is that dreaded $69.99

....annnnnnd sold out :(

UPDATE!

they added more stock at 2:45 pm EST.
0hwebdealj

Last edited by a moderator:
The shipping confirmation e-mail I got said $59.99 as well even though I ordered it on the 19th at $69.99 and had to call in the get them to adjust the price to the correct $49.99... got that? :p

When I talked to the FS CSR, she said that I might initially see a charge for the full price of the game on my credit card and then a credit back for the difference sometime afterwards. I have a feeling I'm going to have to call them again to get the difference refunded.

I got my shipping notice yesterday (tuesday) and they charged me 49.99. I'm a bit mad though because the original eta was friday but then they updated it to next monday because "item arrived at canada post after cut off time". meh :( oh well, at least gives me more time to play dragon age.

Still waiting here too, but Nov 11th, (thank you veterans) was observed.

I figure its in the mailbox sometime today. Price was right though...and its given them time to resolve the issues, just like Cod4 was.

Got my shipping notice as well. Since it's shipping from Vancouver, it might have been here on the 10th if they hadn't sent it to the post office at 11:50pm. Oh well, it should be here today. Was busy playing Dragon Age anyway, and probably won't get to this one before the weekend.

I just got MW2 and its the FRENCH version. Has anyone else had this happen? There is absolutely nothing on the box to indicate that its a french only version. This is really annoying. Obviously I'm going to go back and get another version, but damn, what a pain!

did anyone's invoice show that they charged you tax based on the original $59.99? It goes that on mine. The tax based on $59.99 was charged to the adjusted price of $39.99, which totally doesn't make sense.

Just sent another email out to [email protected] regarding my order. The email I received explicitly states I would be charged $49.99, but I was charged $59.99. I included a copy of the original email for them.

I knew this was going to be more hassle than what it was worth.

Damn, that was fast. Just for a reply from Futureshop:

"Thank you for your email regarding the prices you received. At this time, with this order, I am seeing that you were originally charged 69.99. then credited $20 in mid-october, and another discount was placed in early november for another $10. In all actuality, you are receiving this game for 39.99, and any credits that are coming back to your method of payment, you will see within 5-7 business days. Please check the date of your Future Shop statement, and advise us when it was, so we can tell you what credits you should see immediately. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us again.
Thanks for contacting Future Shop
Jordan
47292"

$39.99 for a game I see myself playing for at least a year straight ain't bad at all!

Got a quick reply from them, told my final charge was $47.19 which equates to roughly $42.13 before taxes *shrugs* I'll certainly take it for that price though.

Okay, getting quite irritated now. My Futureshop credit card statement (dated November 24) shows I was billed $59.99 for MW2, and doesn't show any credits performed.

Did anyone else get jerked out of their sale price? I think I'll be calling someone today to get this straightened out.

i was charged 59.99 plus tax called the first time and the guy said he would change it, got my visa statement in and it was still charged for 59.99, so i called and waited and waited and he said he credited $10 on my visa and i should see it on my next statement bill

I was one of the people who bought the game for 59.99 and called support to have the discount applied because it way past midnight and the site still didn't show the sale.

I received the game (it's great!), but still got charged the full price (67.79).

Over the last month, I've called a couple times to inquire. Every, they just tell me that "the 20 dollars discount looks like it has already been applied, just wait a few days and it should show on your card".

The last time I called, about a week ago, the agent decided to "escalate" my issue. Today, I receive this email:

Dear [blank]

Thank you for your credit inquiry regarding order number [blank].

Unfortunately this was a limited quantity sale and discounts were calculated automatically for customers who were within that quantity. As per Our Lowest Price Guarantee (found at http://www.futureshop.ca/informationcentre/EN/onlinepolicies.asp?logon=&langid=EN , we are unable to match prices of limited quantity offers. We do apologize for this.

If you have any further concerns please contact us by phone at 1-800-663-2275 or by email at [email protected] and we'd be more than happy to assist you.

Sincerely

[blank]
Agent ID [blank]
Future Shop
Huh.

Had I known I would be paying almost 70 bucks for this, I would never have bought it.

I figure I might be able to talk to them and maybe get them to give me a refund or something, but I really feel like I should at least get the damn discount, especially after all this trouble.

Heck, the grand total price even shows up as "$47.79" on my invoice if I check my order on Futureshop.ca (even though it says
"You have authorized payment for this order on the following card(s): Visa xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx = $67.79"
two lines beneath it.

If you have the 47.79 invoice, you should be able to use that to provethat the discount should be applied. I just called today actually and let them know how unhappy I was with the way the were dealing with the issue,and I was told that at the latest,thursday, a credit would be applied to my card.

I received an email several days ago saying:

"Thank you for contacting futureshop. Please allow 5-7 business days for your credit to reflect on your credit card statement."

I am giving them until my next statement. If the credits are not applied at that point, I'm going into full angry customer mode. I've received SEVERAL emails telling me I have credits coming to me, and I've made sure to keep them for reference. If whomever I'm speaking to won't help me, I'll ask to speak with their boss. If that person won't help me, I'll ask to speak with THEIR boss. And so on and so on, until I am given what I was promised.

I think Futureshop is going to be losing several customers from this.

[quote name='Bigkx']If you have the 47.79 invoice, you should be able to use that to provethat the discount should be applied. I just called today actually and let them know how unhappy I was with the way the were dealing with the issue,and I was told that at the latest,thursday, a credit would be applied to my card.[/QUOTE]

I've been told twice now that a credit would be applied in X days.

They say that I received emails, but I have yet to get one, but, I have my hopes that it will work because the guy I spoke to today went directly to the escalation team (in person) to see what was going on, and then they said my issue had been forwarded to online team and such! Here is to wishing things go well.

Boy am I glad I purchased mine when it was showing up at the correct price! What a hassle to get them to honour fixing something they promised they'd fix.

Although, I did end up having to exchange my copy in-store due to a big scratch on the disk that caused it to skip/disc read error, etc.

Just sent them a particularly stern letter, with all my past correspondence with them attached, insisting that the credits be applied within a week or else I will be taking my business elsewhere.

If FutureShop will not resolve this for you, take it up with your credit card provider. If you can show them an invoice that states you were paying $47, Visa/MC/whoever might have more clout in dealing with the situation.

Well would you look at that! A credit for $22.60 (listed as RETURNED MERCHANDISE) has been applied to my Futureshop credit card!

The strange thing is, I received a reply to my "stern letter" telling me that I needed to call in order to have my issue escalated. I was actually about to call them just now when I decided to check my account.

bread's done
Back