Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 - July Elite DLC out now, Terminal free for everyone

[quote name='Ronzilla']Well I guess all the good guns in the game are OP then. Maybe we should just all run around with knives and USP45 pistols so nobody can claim a gun is OP.
IMO, it's one of the strongest assault rifles but I can do just as good with the ACR, SCAR, M4, & MK14. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.:nottalking:[/QUOTE]

Knife is OP.

[quote name='Ronzilla']I'd say leave the lobby if ur getting that. If there's one or two people constantly killing you with it, throw on your Type 95 and give it back to them.
It's definitely one of the strongest assault rifles but so are the ACR, SCAR, & M4. Just an idea :D.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Ronzilla']Well I guess all the good guns in the game are OP then. Maybe we should just all run around with knives and USP45 pistols so nobody can claim a gun is OP.
IMO, it's one of the strongest assault rifles but I can do just as good with the ACR, SCAR, M4, & MK14. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.:nottalking:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Ronzilla']The Type-95 is OP. Reading Comprehension FTL :razz:[/QUOTE]I don't see how 1 + 1 + 1 = 4, maybe if I took a long stretch and made a running start at it I'd maybe see where you're going. If you'd like for me to infer something, why not just say it? "I don't think the Type-95 is OP" 7 words. Never mind this started out as me replying to somebody else and not you. So you nose in, poorly imply your stance and then call it a disagreement. Are you a trained Special Olympics caliber troll or does it happen naturally? :applause:

I find the CM901 is more OP, or at least when I use it. Also the MK14 is a great gun aswell. ACR is trash, takes a whole clip to kill.

I do run around with the USP .45 and a knife (tac knife actually). I get tons of kills with them. Hardcore all the way.

I don't even know why people play core at all. All guns become useful and deadly. USP for example is a one shot kill up close and two shot kill as far as mid range. After that it just isn't accurate enough to reliably count on, but I've gotten plenty of my CQC Not for Me challenges with it.

And for the people that call HC a campfest, just remember where you died and get your revenge. Even without the killcam, most of the time the camera shows you where the shot cams from as you call over dead.

I guess you could say: Hardcore, where the game becomes truly balanced.

[quote name='Ziv']I do run around with the USP .45 and a knife (tac knife actually). I get tons of kills with them. Hardcore all the way.

I don't even know why people play core at all. All guns become useful and deadly. USP for example is a one shot kill up close and two shot kill as far as mid range. After that it just isn't accurate enough to reliably count on, but I've gotten plenty of my CQC Not for Me challenges with it.

And for the people that call HC a campfest, just remember where you died and get your revenge. Even without the killcam, most of the time the camera shows you where the shot cams from as you call over dead.

I guess you could say: Hardcore, where the game becomes truly balanced.[/QUOTE]

I like hardcore because shotguns actually kill in one shot, from a pretty good range too, even pos shotguns like the KSG. So does everything else, but as a whole it's nice. But I don't like not having a UI, and especially not having a killcam, because of the serious camping problems Hardcore seems to promote.

Perhaps when they finally fix Sitrep Pro and make it counter Dead Silence like they said it would, I'll be more inclined to play hardcore.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Knife is OP.[/QUOTE]

LOL.

[quote name='Mad39er']I don't see how 1 + 1 + 1 = 4, maybe if I took a long stretch and made a running start at it I'd maybe see where you're going. If you'd like for me to infer something, why not just say it? "I don't think the Type-95 is OP" 7 words. Never mind this started out as me replying to somebody else and not you. So you nose in, poorly imply your stance and then call it a disagreement. Are you a trained Special Olympics caliber troll or does it happen naturally? :applause:[/QUOTE]

Sorry your poor little ego got hurt on the internet. I just don't think it's OP and stated as such. That's all. Go back to your name calling. I grew out of that in the 3rd grade.

[quote name='Ronzilla']Sorry your poor little ego got hurt on the internet. I just don't think it's OP and stated as such. That's all. Go back to your name calling. I grew out of that in the 3rd grade.[/QUOTE]
LOL, take your ball and go home at "name calling". Because you couldn't school me about "better guns", couldn't get me to whine and cry, because you're called a troll. Gotcha. I didn't even have to curse, have a good day sir.

went back to black ops for the first time and went 46-16 on Summit. Not bad for not playing that game for nearly 4 months. I hate to say it but it was dam refreshing.

Ziv, i tried out HC and its pretty cool. I like the fact that you have no mini map and any gun becomes lethal. I didnt notice many people camping...everyone was just more cautious than usual.

The shotguns have not been toned down and can still do heavy damage. If only they'd add some game modes from black ops into mw3 it would make it better. Hardcore CTF, Hardcore HQ and such. I know there's team tactical and such but it has to be voted on and those don't get picked if hardly ever.

Hardcore CTF isn't part of HC team tactical. I wish it was so that I could some of those accolades. I hate core mode.

[quote name='ZForce915']What is the dual welding weapon and how do I get it? Seems like I'm getting nailed by those in tight quarters maps a lot.[/QUOTE]

fmg9 machine pistols? kinda sucks when your using just one, but once you get akimbo they are nice.

[quote name='ZForce915']What is the dual welding weapon and how do I get it? Seems like I'm getting nailed by those in tight quarters maps a lot.[/QUOTE]

FMG9's and stick those things with Stead Aim and its easy mode. 2-3 shot kills up close and its quick. plus with SoH, the reload is really quick. i feel they are better than half of the primaries in the game.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Alrighty, I'm convinced shotguns need a buff in this game. I get hitmarkers in goddamn Hardcore.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much. Once I unlocked damage proficiency for the Model and noticed no real difference in the amount of hit markers I receive from close range I gave up.

[quote name='MrPiggles']When a secondary is a preferable to a primary, then you know something is unbalanced in the game.[/QUOTE]
Akimbo FMG9s to Shotguns is hardly a fair step. Shotguns have sucked since Black Ops, they were last done right in MW2. The FMG9 just has an obscene magazine capacity, it's just like Akimbo P90s from MW2. Lots more people crying about akimbo FMGs but I liken them to a watered down AA12, they're much more survivable if you're not putzing right into them.

[quote name='Mad39er']Akimbo FMG9s to Shotguns is hardly a fair step. Shotguns have sucked since Black Ops, they were last done right in MW2. The FMG9 just has an obscene magazine capacity, it's just like Akimbo P90s from MW2. Lots more people crying about akimbo FMGs but I liken them to a watered down AA12, they're much more survivable if you're not putzing right into them.[/QUOTE]

There weren't any secondaries that were better than the shotguns in Black Ops.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']There weren't any secondaries that were better than the shotguns in Black Ops.[/QUOTE]
Shotguns sucked in Black Ops, they weren't as god awful as they are in MW3 but they were ignorable. Granted they actually killed people on occasion compared to MW3 but they were nothing memorable or noteworthy. I don't think any competition level player considers grabbing a shotgun as their go to gun since MW2.

[quote name='Mad39er']Shotguns sucked in Black Ops, they weren't as god awful as they are in MW3 but they were ignorable. Granted they actually killed people on occasion compared to MW3 but they were nothing memorable or noteworthy. I don't think any competition level player considers grabbing a shotgun as their go to gun since MW2.[/QUOTE]

i thought the spas 12 silenced was a beast in Black Ops. But i do agree, its still not a viable primary compared to other options.

[quote name='Mad39er']Shotguns sucked in Black Ops, they weren't as god awful as they are in MW3 but they were ignorable. Granted they actually killed people on occasion compared to MW3 but they were nothing memorable or noteworthy. I don't think any competition level player considers grabbing a shotgun as their go to gun since MW2.[/QUOTE]

Competitive CoD is a joke for a reason.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Competitive CoD is a joke for a reason.[/QUOTE]
Of course it is, Elite sucks for now. The landscape will change probably within this iteration of COD though. It has to, the series is stale enough that if they don't push making competition viable that it will not grow or maintain the hype through the DLC season.

[quote name='Mad39er']Of course it is, Elite sucks for now. The landscape will change probably within this iteration of COD though. It has to, the series is stale enough that if they don't push making competition viable that it will not grow or maintain the hype through the DLC season.[/QUOTE]

Black Ops was considerably more balanced than MW3. If competitive CoD was going to take off, that's when it would have happened.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Black Ops was considerably more balanced than MW3. If competitive CoD was going to take off, that's when it would have happened.[/QUOTE]
Black Ops was the biggest piece of overhyped garbage that was the beta testing platform for Elite. The only thing Black Ops did was introduce theatre mode, which only showcased how terrible Black Ops truly was when you had people getting 400-500 kills that was never possible, remotely, in a single demolition match in any previous installment. It was a low res, glitchy, soulless whore of a game that started this easy button bullshit of weapon balance and making the game "friendlier".

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Black Ops was considerably more balanced than MW3. If competitive CoD was going to take off, that's when it would have happened.[/QUOTE]

Not really. Every gun in BO sucked other than the Famas/74u because none of them had stopping power. The Type 95 is the new Famas and the akimbo FMGs are the new 74u, though not quite as bad because they have less range. It's another COD game where there are a couple of weapons that are too good. I wouldn't say the game is unbalanced though. I think the perks are pretty damn good aside from Assassin being too good.

They need to turn Assassin/Ghost or whatever they want to call it into a deathstreak. That or if there are no deathstreaks, make them show up every other UAV sweep. It's the only way to balance it.

P.S. Black Ops was super garbage. I vowed not to play the next Treyarch game. If they make the knife a weapon you have to switch to and get rid of Ghost I may reconsider.

[quote name='Trakan']Not really. Every gun in BO sucked other than the Famas/74u because none of them had stopping power. The Type 95 is the new Famas and the akimbo FMGs are the new 74u, though not quite as bad because they have less range. It's another COD game where there are a couple of weapons that are too good. I wouldn't say the game is unbalanced though. I think the perks are pretty damn good aside from Assassin being too good.

They need to turn Assassin/Ghost or whatever they want to call it into a deathstreak. That or if there are no deathstreaks, make them show up every other UAV sweep. It's the only way to balance it.

P.S. Black Ops was super garbage. I vowed not to play the next Treyarch game. If they make the knife a weapon you have to switch to and get rid of Ghost I may reconsider.[/QUOTE]

Blast Shield needs a serious buff. It should be like Assassin, full immunity from explosives and flash/stun/emp grenades.

And Assassin shouldn't block Counter UAV and EMP. That's just silly.

[quote name='Mad39er']Of course it is, Elite sucks for now. The landscape will change probably within this iteration of COD though. It has to, the series is stale enough that if they don't push making competition viable that it will not grow or maintain the hype through the DLC season.[/QUOTE]

Elite sucks so bad. Why do only 1/2 of my videos load to youtube? Why is the time limit 30 seconds? Where is my App? Why can't I get a pro-rated refund?

[quote name='seanr1221']I don't mean to sound like a dick, but with all you bash BO I figured you barely played it.

https://elite.callofduty.com/career/xbox/54d10030cc86b1b96b5bb9768c127b65#/playercard

So, honest question here, why waste 373 hours of your life on a super garbage game?[/QUOTE]

That is barely playing it compared to the 40 days I put into MW2. All the friends I play with didn't hate BO as much as I did. It was the game to play at the time. I actually stopped playing in like April or something for the most part. The game got worse after the first few months when everyone stopped prestiging/got to a high enough level to just use the Famas/74u with Ghost all the time.

[quote name='Trakan']That is barely playing it compared to the 40 days I put into MW2. All the friends I play with didn't hate BO as much as I did. It was the game to play at the time. I actually stopped playing in like April or something for the most part. The game got worse after the first few months when everyone stopped prestiging/got to a high enough level to just use the Famas/74u with Ghost all the time.[/QUOTE]

I told you how shit that game was from the get go. MW3 is BO2.

[quote name='zewone']I told you how shit that game was from the get go. MW3 is BO2.[/QUOTE]
I liked Black Ops for maybe two maps. Summit and Nuketown. Without those two maps I found Black Ops to be a complete skip, especially with all the lag switchers that were playing. MW3 doesn't really have any memorable maps right now, they're all too closely spaced together and feel like they're just going through the motions with half of the maps being terrible. They went objective oriented on these maps instead of building good maps first.

For anyone who has prestiged, did you get a prestige token? I rolled over but didn't get a new token. Not a huge deal, not anything really good to get from the prestige shop anyways. I think I started with 3 tokens, one for MW2, one for BO and one for COD4 and have used 3 so I thought I should have gotten another for rolling over. But did get an email from MW3 today stating they are giving 2 hrs of free double xp and a prestige token so I guess it all comes out in the wash.

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']For anyone who has prestiged, did you get a prestige token? I rolled over but didn't get a new token. Not a huge deal, not anything really good to get from the prestige shop anyways. I think I started with 3 tokens, one for MW2, one for BO and one for COD4 and have used 3 so I thought I should have gotten another for rolling over. But did get an email from MW3 today stating they are giving 2 hrs of free double xp and a prestige token so I guess it all comes out in the wash.[/QUOTE]

i did, twice. got a token both times... maybe a bug? check back later and it may show up. but you are supposed to get one.

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']For anyone who has prestiged, did you get a prestige token? I rolled over but didn't get a new token. Not a huge deal, not anything really good to get from the prestige shop anyways. I think I started with 3 tokens, one for MW2, one for BO and one for COD4 and have used 3 so I thought I should have gotten another for rolling over. But did get an email from MW3 today stating they are giving 2 hrs of free double xp and a prestige token so I guess it all comes out in the wash.[/QUOTE]

yeah i've gotten prestige tokens both times that i have prestiged. is it still not showing up for you?

The two hours of double XP and extra prestige token was for all premium Elite members as a Christmas bonus. Yay.

[quote name='TheBigAndy']I got a message from Xbox Live today saying because I experienced problems with COD Elite, that I am getting an extra 30 days free.[/QUOTE]

Got the same e-mail :cool:

[quote name='Ziv']The two hours of double XP and extra prestige token was for all premium Elite members as a Christmas bonus. Yay.[/QUOTE]

I'm premium but haven't signed on to Elite or played for a week. Does the token show up automatically when I check the store? I haven't prestige yet but have in MW2 so I should have 2 tokens (1 from MW2 and 1 for Chrsitmas gift for Premium) right?

According to their Twitter, you have to have registered by the 21st. I guess that would mean having activated it as well.

The "after-holiday-noobs-who-don't-know-how-to-play-the-game-yet" is getting beyond annoying. Look, just because you got the game for xmas doesn't mean you jump into MP without playing the single player first. It's not fun blowing out teams by a thousand points, and it's certainly not fun being on the losing end of the same game all because people don't know how to play the game. Go back to Halo.

Also, is it me or is the sniping just way off? I had one match where I had a guy in my sights no more than 10 feet in front of me, crosshairs on the middle of the back, and the bullet went through him...twice in a row. The hell?

bread's done
Back