Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 - July Elite DLC out now, Terminal free for everyone

[quote name='intoxicated662']They need to tone down all the shotguns in the game, period by at least 40% range. There's no way someone who is 15 feet away or so should be able to shoot and kill me with 1 shot...only in cod[/QUOTE]

I'm going to assume you're joking, unless you think sniper rifles should be removed from the game entirely.

[quote name='intoxicated662']Liberation sucks and robert bowling is full of crap. Pooping on a franchise like cod. They need to tone down all the shotguns in the game, period by at least 40% range. There's no way someone who is 15 feet away or so should be able to shoot and kill me with 1 shot...only in cod[/QUOTE]

Well technically in real-life, shotguns can be lethal at 100+ yards, so it's actually COD that's unrealistic in regards to shotgun range

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']Has anyone been in a lobby and on the right hand next to a players name, see like a figure with a head and a plus symbol on it?[/QUOTE]

Yeah. It doesn't happen every game though.

EDIT: It appears that it might be that the person with that symbol is Elite and shares the same group as you.

[quote name='Ronzilla']Yeah. It doesn't happen every game though.

EDIT: It appears that it might be that the person with that symbol is Elite and shares the same group as you.[/QUOTE]

haha yeah just means that you two share a common group.

[quote name='intoxicated662']Liberation sucks and robert bowling is full of crap. Pooping on a franchise like cod. They need to tone down all the shotguns in the game, period by at least 40% range. There's no way someone who is 15 feet away or so should be able to shoot and kill me with 1 shot...only in cod[/QUOTE]

Thank you!

I need to rant/bitch about the shotguns, so just ignore this if you don't care...

I just played 4 straight matches with the majority of both teams using shotguns. Every time I turned a corner, I would die by a shotgun. I would watch the kill cam, and noticed that a majority of the time I was getting hit, 1 shot mind you, and usually to the shins. Awesome.

I thought the shotguns were getting nerfed? If this is their version of "nerfing," then I don't want to see what their version of "buffing" would be...probably MOABs for everyone all the time. Instead of grenades, everyone "throws" a nuke, and so on.

Currently, they might as well change the name of the game to "Shotgun of Duty: Modern Shotguns 3" because it's no longer a pure "gun game" as they promised.

What happened to the purity of Call of Duty 4? How did they stray so far from the original title that made the franchise what it is today? COD4 was by no means perfect, but it's best out of the series in my opinion. Instead of adding to the franchise, they just made it bloated with garbage.

Shotguns should be considered an advantage in CQC maps, and smaller game types. It makes sense if I'm getting a shotgun to the face at 10 feet in a small building. Instead, I'm getting killed in one shot from nearly 50 yards out...and it's counted as a headshot. That's unbelievable, and not a fun time for me.

/rant

If you're getting shit on by shotguns, it must have been only in the last few days, as they just got buffed on Tuesday. They were not supposed to be nerfed, only the Striker was. Up until Tuesday the shotguns were useless. They took multiple shots at point blank range to kill. This buff was badly needed, as there was no use for shotguns before this patch.

I thought they were perfect in MW2, and they're weaker in this game so they shouldn't be too hard to handle.

[quote name='Trakan']If you're getting shit on by shotguns, it must have been only in the last few days, as they just got buffed on Tuesday. They were not supposed to be nerfed, only the Striker was. Up until Tuesday the shotguns were useless. They took multiple shots at point blank range to kill. This buff was badly needed, as there was no use for shotguns before this patch.

I thought they were perfect in MW2, and they're weaker in this game so they shouldn't be too hard to handle.[/QUOTE]

Yep, it's been within the last 2 days at the least. I thought they got nerfed, not buffed, so that explains everything. I guess now everyone will be running around with shotguns...sigh. Looks like I can put this game away for the time being until they get nerfed again. Have fun playing Shotgun Warfare 3!

[quote name='Pck21']Yep, it's been within the last 2 days at the least. I thought they got nerfed, not buffed, so that explains everything. I guess now everyone will be running around with shotguns...sigh. Looks like I can put this game away for the time being until they get nerfed again. Have fun playing Shotgun Warfare 3![/QUOTE]

There's things like the ACR, the Type-95, and the MP7 in the game and the shotguns bother you? That's difficult for me to comprehend.

[quote name='Trakan']There's things like the ACR, the Type-95, and the MP7 in the game and the shotguns bother you? That's difficult for me to comprehend.[/QUOTE]It's more probably the squads of people that run around with shotguns, they tend to upset people who aren't quick to react or expectant of rushers.

Shotguns did need a buff to bring them inline with MW2 but I think it's fair to pull the Damage plug on them at this point.

[quote name='Trakan']There's things like the ACR, the Type-95, and the MP7 in the game and the shotguns bother you? That's difficult for me to comprehend.[/QUOTE]

Those guns don't bother me nearly as much as the shotguns. With shotguns you don't have to aim, and that's the worst part about it. You can run around with a shotgun on the hip, complete with Kick or Range, Steady Aim pro, and fire blindly. With the others you mentioned, you have to at least aim towards the person.

[quote name='Pck21']Those guns don't bother me nearly as much as the shotguns. With shotguns you don't have to aim, and that's the worst part about it. You can run around with a shotgun on the hip, complete with Kick or Range, Steady Aim pro, and fire blindly. With the others you mentioned, you have to at least aim towards the person.[/QUOTE]

You should try using the ACR or MP7 with Steady Aim. No need to ADS with those guns either.

WOW, the Call of Duty ELITE 100k competition for Premium members, where you actually win real prizes, is unavailable in my state (CT) fuck that! I'm feeling more and more ripped off from my ELITE subscription.

[quote name='MrPiggles']WOW, the Call of Duty ELITE 100k competition for Premium members, where you actually win real prizes, is unavailable in my state (CT) fuck that! I'm feeling more and more ripped off from my ELITE subscription.[/QUOTE]
Given that it wasn't just CT singled out, I'd blame your state and it's position on prizes such as the ones for the contest.

[quote name='Pck21']Those guns don't bother me nearly as much as the shotguns. With shotguns you don't have to aim, and that's the worst part about it. You can run around with a shotgun on the hip, complete with Kick or Range, Steady Aim pro, and fire blindly. With the others you mentioned, you have to at least aim towards the person.[/QUOTE]

Good thing you don't play Battlefield 3. Some maps have deviated to stormtrooper warfare with everyone running USAS-12 with frag rounds.

[quote name='gotdott']Good thing you don't play Battlefield 3. Some maps have deviated to stormtrooper warfare with everyone running USAS-12 with frag rounds.[/QUOTE]

The mighty portable automatic grenade launcher they call a shotgun. Always have to laugh when it says on the screen frag rounds do fairly less damage.:lol:

Regarding MW3 the only thing that is annoying me are the quick scopers. I can do it myself, but it's no fun at all to play this way. I'm having a hard time going back to MW3 after playing BF3 & BFBC2 anyhow.

I just got in a 3 hour session (playing domination solo) and it felt pretty balanced.Level 74 Prestige 5 now. Hopefully I will prestige again tomorrow.

[quote name='AJVtony831']Jumped into a game last night of Hardcore S&D and somehow the other team had 7 guys. :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]
Occasionally that will happen to any game mode, an extra man will get tossed on the wrong side, unbalancing things. It's been happening as far as I know back since MW2.

[quote name='Mad39er']Occasionally that will happen to any game mode, an extra man will get tossed on the wrong side, unbalancing things. It's been happening as far as I know back since MW2.[/QUOTE]
Didn't know that. Thanks

[quote name='MrPiggles']WOW, the Call of Duty ELITE 100k competition for Premium members, where you actually win real prizes, is unavailable in my state (CT) fuck that! I'm feeling more and more ripped off from my ELITE subscription.[/QUOTE]

I could never win any prizes in 1 vs. 100 here in MD. I didn't blame Microsoft for that. Anyway, i had no real chance of winning since I suck at trivia, so it was moot. LOL.

[quote name='Mad39er']Given that it wasn't just CT singled out, I'd blame your state and it's position on prizes such as the ones for the contest.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm from CT and the state just flat out sucks in almost every aspect. I wish I could move out but my job is very secure and I make very good money. It is what it is.

I think I've officially run out of patience with this game...sucks too.

I tried playing a few rounds last night in the new Elite maps. The opposing team, as well as my own, were all running with shotguns and akimbos. It made the game absolutely no fun to play. I'll be back once IW/Sledgehammer decide to pull their collective heads out of their asses, and fix the game. Every damn time...

[quote name='Pck21']I think I've officially run out of patience with this game...sucks too.

I tried playing a few rounds last night in the new Elite maps. The opposing team, as well as my own, were all running with shotguns and akimbos. It made the game absolutely no fun to play. I'll be back once IW/Sledgehammer decide to pull their collective heads out of their asses, and fix the game. Every damn time...[/QUOTE]

You mentioned the new Elite maps, signifying both of them. While Piazza is understandable, I'd find playing all shotguns and akimbos (which were nerfed again) to be pretty difficult in Liberation.

Anyone try the new mode of infected? Odd game type and seems like there are alot more afaik boosters. But in a full game of people playing you get a decent amount of points

Next DLC drop is coming out on Feb 21, called Overwatch.

http://gamingeverything.com/14929/c...-february-21-for-premium-members-on-xbox-360/

The next Content Drop in the Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 3′s Content Season for Call of Duty® Elite will be available to Premium Members on the Xbox LIVE online entertainment network on February 21 with the release of Overwatch.

Call of Duty Elite Drop 3: Overwatch drops you into a construction site atop a New York City skyscraper. The battle takes place along two levels in a near symmetrical layout, with the central bridge and side routes open to attack from multiple angles. Watch your every step, as a lack of safety barriers surrounding the perimeter leaves nothing between you and a 70 story fall to the ground below.

Overwatch is the third Content Drop in Modern Warfare 3′s Content Season, which will include more than 20 pieces of brand new content over the 9 month season. Elite Drops 4-6 will be available in March for Premium Members on Xbox Live and will include the multiplayer map Black Box and two brand new Special Ops Missions, Black Ice and Negotiator. The full calendar of content is outlined here – http://www.callofduty.com/contentcalendar

Overwatch%20-%20Blown%20Away.jpg

Overwatch%20-%20Crowd%20Control.jpg

Overwatch%20-%20Environment.jpg

[quote name='MrPiggles']You mentioned the new Elite maps, signifying both of them. While Piazza is understandable, I'd find playing all shotguns and akimbos (which were nerfed again) to be pretty difficult in Liberation.[/QUOTE]

If you can believe it, they were using them in Liberation as well. Granted they were popping tents, cooking s'mores, and roasting marshmallows over an open camp fire, but still. It got annoying really fast.

[quote name='TheRock88']Next DLC drop is coming out on Feb 21, called Overwatch.

http://gamingeverything.com/14929/c...-february-21-for-premium-members-on-xbox-360/

Glad to see another map is coming out. I'm finding it more fun to play with a group of friends, regardless of campers and shotty lovers. The new map sounds like a lot of fun.
Overwatch%20-%20Crowd%20Control.jpg

Overwatch%20-%20Environment.jpg
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Pck21']I think I've officially run out of patience with this game...sucks too.

I tried playing a few rounds last night in the new Elite maps. The opposing team, as well as my own, were all running with shotguns and akimbos. It made the game absolutely no fun to play. I'll be back once IW/Sledgehammer decide to pull their collective heads out of their asses, and fix the game. Every damn time...[/QUOTE]

Agreed. The new map Liberation sucks, it's a campfest and the other map is okay. I went back to playing Hardcore KC on the old maps on disc and it's always the same maps getting picked. By the way, dome is the worst now because people just run around with Extreme Conditioning, Akimbos or a Shotgun and it's annoying. They were supposedly nerfed in the last update but I don't see any changes. Game is going down the drain and the 3 companies who worked on the game aren't showing any signs of improvement.

[quote name='intoxicated662']Agreed. The new map Liberation sucks, it's a campfest and the other map is okay. I went back to playing Hardcore KC on the old maps on disc and it's always the same maps getting picked. By the way, dome is the worst now because people just run around with Extreme Conditioning, Akimbos or a Shotgun and it's annoying. They were supposedly nerfed in the last update but I don't see any changes. Game is going down the drain and the 3 companies who worked on the game aren't showing any signs of improvement.[/QUOTE]

Shotguns were buffed. Akimbos were nerfed.

And extreme conditioning needs a serous buff. Like unlimited sprint. I shouldn't be unable to catch up to some guy not using the perk.

I feel stupid now. I used to think when people would spam me with Infected game invites that they were just setting up rooms for the Infected Challenge. I didn't realize it was an actual game type.

I played Infected today before heading to class. It was pretty fun. I could see it becoming a regular in my usual rotation.

[quote name='Kevlar281']I feel stupid now. I used to think when people would spam me with Infected game invites that they were just setting up rooms for the Infected Challenge. I didn't realize it was an actual game type.

I played Infected today before heading to class. It was pretty fun. I could see it becoming a regular in my usual rotation.[/QUOTE]

yeah it can be fun... but id play it a whole hell of a lot more if it wouldnt mess up my k/d... not that my k/d is that good or anything but still :lol: ,i hate going 4/25 trying to get the group of assholes of the top of something... w/o a throwing knife since they dont give you one in every lobby :whistle2:#

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']yeah it can be fun... but id play it a whole hell of a lot more if it wouldnt mess up my k/d... not that my k/d is that good or anything but still :lol: ,i hate going 4/25 trying to get the group of assholes of the top of something... w/o a throwing knife since they dont give you one in every lobby :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

I too think Infected is fun. :) I'd like to see Infinity Ward fill up that Community playlist with these less-serious game types. Weren't they supposed to add a mode where each round alternates one team having more powerful weapons while the other team gets barebone weapons but a couple juggernauts?

And what's everyone's best time for Stay Sharp in Spec Ops? I'm at 27.5 seconds. I have no idea how people get within the 15 second range.

Oh man was I getting frustrated tonight. Was there a recent update that I missed? I haven't played in about a week and it seems like everyone was running around with shotguns MW2 style tonight. I really can't fathom how I was constantly getting killed with shotguns from a very unrealistic distance.

The last patch had a buff to all shotguns (except the Striker which was nerfed). The patch has been up for a couple weeks now at least, so unless you have played since then that is what it is. Couple the shotguns with Range Proficiency and they are absolutely ridiculous now.

[quote name='mvp828']The last patch had a buff to all shotguns (except the Striker which was nerfed). The patch has been up for a couple weeks now at least, so unless you have played since then that is what it is. Couple the shotguns with Range Proficiency and they are absolutely ridiculous now.[/QUOTE]

I started playing a lot more headquarter so I guess that's why it seems a lot more ridiculous. I mostly play hardcore so I could kind of accept the damage I received and shotguns are not as prevalent in hardocore but there is no way I should get killed at long distances with the shotgun in regular matches. I really want that Hardcore Headquarters Ricochet playlist to come back. Hardcore neutralizes most of the people trying to run around with the shotgun.

Overwatch looks nice. I hope its as fun as Highrise was in MW2. It looks like it's trying emulate that feel. Hell, it even has the crane.

This game is officially full of noobs and bullshit. Playing Hardcore KC and 4 of the 6 people on the other team were just running around with shotguns that were shooting as far away as if they were assault rifles. This has gotten ridiculous and will be putting the game back on the shelf until they nerf the shotguns indefinitely. To top it off, they all had UAV & Ballistic Vest as their killstreaks. Go figure

[quote name='intoxicated662']This game is officially full of noobs and bullshit. Playing Hardcore KC and 4 of the 6 people on the other team were just running around with shotguns that were shooting as far away as if they were assault rifles. This has gotten ridiculous and will be putting the game back on the shelf until they nerf the shotguns indefinitely. To top it off, they all had UAV & Ballistic Vest as their killstreaks. Go figure[/QUOTE]

Talking about nerfing shotguns while sniper rifles are superior in every way is bullshit.

Anyone else think Overwatch looks kind of odd? It seems like the textures and colors are off for some reason. As soon as I got into the map I felt like there was something off.

does anyone know what the number 25 on my COD title means? I've never noticed it before and have no idea what it means.

It's on the top right of my title, I'm going to try to take a pic.

I think there is some sort of a new Juggernaut exploit. Two games in a row, the opposing team got 2 juggernauts at once. I watched the video and they clearly only throw 1 flare for it and two land in roughly the same spot and the planes were not space very far at all that dropped them. Anyone know about this?

Anyone's clan level going haywire? I only have 4 of my friends in my clan and we are only like level 2-3 but we have the level 15 title and it just showed up. Weird but looks pretty cool while it lasts.

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']Anyone's clan level going haywire? I only have 4 of my friends in my clan and we are only like level 2-3 but we have the level 15 title and it just showed up. Weird but looks pretty cool while it lasts.[/QUOTE]

Hey send me an invite to your clan!

[quote name='bsesb2003']Why no free for all on the latest DLC maps?[/QUOTE]

Because Activision is a business, and the goal of a business is to make money, and selling maps makes make money? I know it's kinda hard to understand.

[quote name='MrPiggles']Because Activision is a business, and the goal of a business is to make money, and selling maps makes make money? I know it's kinda hard to understand.[/QUOTE]

Apparently it is hard to understand.

What he was asking was why there is no free for all mode on the new maps. Nothing about making money.

bread's done
Back