Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 - July Elite DLC out now, Terminal free for everyone

[quote name='ShadowSx']Apparently it is hard to understand.

What he was asking was why there is no free for all mode on the new maps. Nothing about making money.[/QUOTE]

Oh, my bad. There used to be one, but since no one played it, they merged all the ELITE modes together into one playlist, and forget about FFA. They'll probably put it back in when they release the maps to the public.

How does everyone feel about the new maps? I don't have elite but might purchase the upcoming pack for some new maps.

Are they similar to any current ones or MW2 maps?

Personally, I hate the first two (Piazza and Liberation), there are way too many obscure corners that people like to sit in. Of those two Piazza is starting to get a little better though with people actually moving around. As for Black Box and Overwatch, I think those two are much better. Black Box is my favorite of the four, and is a lot more thought out and designed than the others (and some of the maps that were on the disc). I haven't tried either of the Spec Ops, so I guess that is one of those things that if you are going to play them than it might be worth picking up the bundle.

[quote name='scrub0bk']How does everyone feel about the new maps? I don't have elite but might purchase the upcoming pack for some new maps.

Are they similar to any current ones or MW2 maps?[/QUOTE]

id say it depends on how good you are at the game. im not a "great" player (and i dont claim to be... something like a 1.4 k/d 1.5 w/l) and i hate the new maps. it seems like the people in the new maps will do whatever it takes to win, even if it means hiding in corners aimed in, and to me it seems like the only way to do "good" is to go super try hard with like a pp90 or something. i wish i could get my $50 back :lol:. though that may change now that more people can buy just the map pack, and you no longer need to use the elite playlist.

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']id say it depends on how good you are at the game. im not a "great" player (and i dont claim to be... something like a 1.4 k/d 1.5 w/l) and i hate the new maps. it seems like the people in the new maps will do whatever it takes to win, even if it means hiding in corners aimed in, and to me it seems like the only way to do "good" is to go super try hard with like a pp90 or something. i wish i could get my $50 back :lol:. though that may change now that more people can buy just the map pack, and you no longer need to use the elite playlist.[/QUOTE]

Id say im average. Right about 1.0 kd. Would it help if i said i hate seatown, bootleg, and carbon the most. Dome, hardhat, mission and fallen are all up there as far as my favorites.

which set are any of the maps closest too?

black box & liberation are two of my favorite maps in the whole game now
piazza i didnt like at first but as im learning the map its growing on me
on overwatch i get killed from behind within 3 seconds of spawning at least half of my spawns.. yuck.. but if you can get a decent spawn, its a decent map

For those of you who havent tried the new spec ops they are challenging new levels. I was so pissed I freed all the hostages except 1 so I gave up forever on that achievement but it's an easy 30 to complete both in less than 5 mins each.

Robert Bowling quit... Wonder if it's a new job or just tired of the majority of the community.

http://kotaku.com/5896564/call-of-dutys-robert-fourzerotwo-bowling-steps-down
https://twitter.com/#!/fourzerotwo/status/184384024368783360
finger-fourzerotwo.jpg

Until when will the Double XP last? Says for 'the weekend' but heard someone state that they were going to extend it since they were having problems during the weekend with it.

Honestly I'm pretty happy Bowling is gone. Ever since he said at CoD XP "No last stand, no second chance" in MW3, and then had goddamn final stand in it anyway (And dead man's hand), this man lost any respect I may have had for him.

[quote name='intoxicated662']Until when will the Double XP last? Says for 'the weekend' but heard someone state that they were going to extend it since they were having problems during the weekend with it.[/QUOTE]Not exactly a real answer, but this is all I could find as I was wondering the same thing since I've been trying to take advantage of having 4xp with my Mt Dew 2xp still active:

Infinity Ward has just informed us that they are extending the Modern Warfare 3 Double XP Weekends inorder to make up for the lost time due to recent Xbox Live Network inacitivity over the weekend.

This means that Modern Warfare 3 gamers will be able to enjoy Double XP past 10am Pacific Time. On Twitter, Robert Bowling said, "I say we keep Double XP going for a bit longer than the just weekend to make up for lost time, what do you think?"

There's still no details as to when exactly MW3 double XP weekend will end. We will let you know as soon as we get to hear something more on this from Infinity Ward.

Played a decent amount over the weekend and even with 4xp I only went from lvl 35 to lvl 58, of course I really sucked the first night as I got reacclimated to the gameplay, then I fixed my setups and adjusted my aim speed which was set too slow. It was good playing with some CAGs tonite, I gotta do that more often, but I've just gotten so burnt out on CoD mp (maybe mp in general).

I bought the new pack and enjoy 3 of the 4 maps. can i only play them on that playlist? i wanna play them as tdm only, so do they mingle with the old maps on the tdm playlist?

Anyone still play this game?

All I can say is wow. I got back into this game recently and the community is awful. Tonight was one of the worst sessions of multiplayer I've ever experienced. Absolutely nothing but people crouching/prone in corners using Assassin and ACRs. This game has officially caught up with Black Ops. Instead of Ghost/Famas it's now Assassin/ACR.

Treyarch really needs to nerf Ghost. There are plenty of ways to get rid of an enemy UAV, there's no reason it should be in the game. If nothing is changed with BO2, fuck this shit I'm outta here.

the only people who complain about assassin are people who rely on their uav way too much

its pretty easy to check a corner when you go into a room.. people just see nobody on their uav so they run in like a sucker and get cut down

[quote name='Trakan']Anyone still play this game?

All I can say is wow. I got back into this game recently and the community is awful. Tonight was one of the worst sessions of multiplayer I've ever experienced. Absolutely nothing but people crouching/prone in corners using Assassin and ACRs. This game has officially caught up with Black Ops. Instead of Ghost/Famas it's now Assassin/ACR.

Treyarch really needs to nerf Ghost. There are plenty of ways to get rid of an enemy UAV, there's no reason it should be in the game. If nothing is changed with BO2, fuck this shit I'm outta here.[/QUOTE]

y u mad bro?

Just make an assassin class like everyone else, that's what I usually have.

[quote name='kingtut313']the only people who complain about assassin are people who rely on their uav way too much

its pretty easy to check a corner when you go into a room.. people just see nobody on their uav so they run in like a sucker and get cut down[/QUOTE]

Yep. Stuff like this, which happens at least once in every game, is completely my fault for relying on the radar too much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=299hP8Ps9UE

I agree with Trakan, this game is pretty much out of hand with the amount of pussies that play it. I honestly will never understand the appeal of camping in one place for 10 minutes with an ACR or Type 95.

[quote name='kingtut313']the only people who complain about assassin are people who rely on their uav way too much

its pretty easy to check a corner when you go into a room.. people just see nobody on their uav so they run in like a sucker and get cut down[/QUOTE]

Spoken like someone who sits in a corner with Assassin. Also, a room has 4 corners, just sayin'.

[quote name='Trakan']Anyone still play this game?

Treyarch really needs to nerf Ghost. There are plenty of ways to get rid of an enemy UAV, there's no reason it should be in the game. If nothing is changed with BO2, fuck this shit I'm outta here.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='tcrash247']I agree with Trakan, this game is pretty much out of hand with the amount of pussies that play it. I honestly will never understand the appeal of camping in one place for 10 minutes with an ACR or Type 95.[/QUOTE]

I personally haven't noticed it being too much of a problem. What game modes are you guys seeing it in? Obviously the video was kill confirmed.

Obviously there are people that do it, but it isn't nearly as bad ass Black Ops was.

There is a difference between relying on it and not using it at all. I use mine quite a bit, and it is a reason why my K/D is up compared to people who rarely look at it. I doubt there are many people who "rely on it too much".

It is funny that you then write in the last part that they run like a sucker and get cut down. So what you are saying is that they shouldn't move at all? That would become a pretty boring game of hide and go seek. Should they not use guns at all? Maybe just use knives and throw rocks?

The problem is that in Trak's video I would be willing to bet that anyone on the radar that wasn't using Assassin was on the other side of the map by the waterfall and cave and he was running to flank. Then there's captain asshat sitting under the bridge in some obscure corner because he's too much of a pussy to actually move and go gun on gun with someone.

The idea behind Assassin/Cold Blood/Ghost is to be able to flank without being seen... Not sitting in a corner and waiting for people to run by.

If you want to sit in a corner and not move just go play Hardcore.

[quote name='Trakan']Yep. Stuff like this, which happens at least once in every game, is completely my fault for relying on the radar too much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=299hP8Ps9UE[/QUOTE]

This.

I don't understand how people have fun playing like that.

And it's much worse than Black Ops. Black Ops had a counter to campers like that (Blackbird). In MW3, Assassin users are immune to even Advanced UAVs. And heartbeat sensors. And motion sensors.

If I have to stop and look at corners every time I go into a building, there is something wrong with the game.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']This.

I don't understand how people have fun playing like that.

And it's much worse than Black Ops. Black Ops had a counter to campers like that (Blackbird). In MW3, Assassin users are immune to even Advanced UAVs. And heartbeat sensors. And motion sensors.

If I have to stop and look at corners every time I go into a building, there is something wrong with the game.[/QUOTE]

I was referring more to the fact that it seems like there are fewer people doing it in MW3 compared to BO. Although some of that may have to due with the fact that maps were a lot smaller and it was easier for that cheap tactic to be more effective. I still prefer the BO maps though compared to this even with the Ghost pussies.

[quote name='Trakan']Yep. Stuff like this, which happens at least once in every game, is completely my fault for relying on the radar too much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=299hP8Ps9UE[/QUOTE]

he prly wouldve killed me too.. people who play like that are pussies but yea its still your fault for not checking the area.. 90% of players wouldnt check that area so thats why hes hiding there

@mvp
dont be so dramatic
im referring to people who mash the sprint button all game and think areas are safe to run thru because the radar is clean

laying down hiding in some obscure place is the lamest shit in the game.. ill co-sign that all day.. i just think people who complain bout ghost/assassin are mad because they play reckless

[quote name='kingtut313']he prly wouldve killed me too.. people who play like that are pussies but yea its still your fault for not checking the area.. 90% of players wouldnt check that area so thats why hes hiding there[/QUOTE]

Even if he checked the area, he prolly still wouldn't have seen that camping bitch.

That shit kills the pace of this game. I stopped playing hide-and-seek when I was 7, these people should do the same.

[quote name='mvp828']What game modes are you guys seeing it in? Obviously the video was kill confirmed.[/QUOTE]

TDM/Kill Confirmed for the most part, since Domination is fucked in this game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNNGy4Jl-U8

Here's another one from tonight. Some $$$ sitting in a corner waiting for people to walk by. I respawn, run all the way back across the map and he's STILL there. I included a clip from later in the game where I come across that spot again and he's there again.

IMO, the thing that has gotten worse as more COD get released is map designs. There's more random-ass corners for people to hide in. In Trak's most recent post, the that steel fence wasn't there, the spot the guy is hiding in wouldn't be nearly as effective as it should be since he could be seen from anyone on his right. When you walk in that area like Trak did, any sane person would look left before looking right, so that fence gives a stupid hiding spot.

If you think about it, maps COD4 didn't really have many spots like this. Worst map I can thing of was Showdown (or whatever map had the statue in the middle). If you were going to sit in some random corner, there was more than one spot you could get shot from. In both of Trak's videos, the only place either guy really could have been shot from is directly to the front.

And yeah, if it's "Real life" you would check every corner, but this is Call of Duty, a faster paced shooter. Corner camping belongs in games like Rainbow Six (what happened to that series anyways?)

Corner campers can eat noob tubes. You can count on them staying in one place. I'm not the biggest fan of noob tubes, but I'm even less of a fan of campers.

I try to download the dlc but it won't even start. I'm Elite and go to the "Store" option but nothing happens when I choose to download. I've logged out and back in but nothing.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']I try to download the dlc but it won't even start. I'm Elite and go to the "Store" option but nothing happens when I choose to download. I've logged out and back in but nothing.[/QUOTE]

You have to exit to the dashboard to get the downloads to start.

[quote name='Trakan']You have to exit to the dashboard to get the downloads to start.[/QUOTE]

Nothing happens. Right after I hit 'A' on "Download Elite Content" under Store, I hit the guide button and go to "Xbox Home". I waited at least 10 minutes and checked that there was nothing being download.

It seems others are having this problem, but I have been Elite member since December while IW claims the issue is affecting new premium members...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/995751-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3/62506325

http://www.callofdutyeliteforum.com/showthread.php?p=1429

All I had to do was go to the dashboard. I had set up the Sniper Elite V2 demo to DL already so after I started the Rote drops and Dashed, I told it to skip SEV2 and DL the drops first. Had no problem.

On the maps, Foundation is fairly small. Domination is broken if you spawn A side. B and C are too easy to hold together. TDM would be a campfest with all the sniper points/dark comers. S&D is easy if you rush to plant or just go around behind people. It seems most people are dumb and don't watch their backs.

Sanctuary is a get beautiful map. Watch your step, plenty of places to call to your death. This map is bigger than it looks. Plenty of hiding spots here too. Search is a tough plant/easy defend since the defenders spawn very close to the bombs. Dom isn't too bad. Haven't played it much yet, but the 3 points seem somewhat evenly spaced.

Just my quick impressions from 2 nights play. So far I've liked all the new maps.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']Nothing happens. Right after I hit 'A' on "Download Elite Content" under Store, I hit the guide button and go to "Xbox Home". I waited at least 10 minutes and checked that there was nothing being download.

It seems others are having this problem, but I have been Elite member since December while IW claims the issue is affecting new premium members...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/995751-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3/62506325

http://www.callofdutyeliteforum.com/showthread.php?p=1429[/QUOTE]

My cuz just purchased Elite and is going through the same bs.

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']My cuz just purchased Elite and is going through the same bs.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know it's affecting new premium members, but I think it affects ALL premium members who have yet to download any dlc since I signed up in Dec and haven't downloaded any dlc yet. Maybe I should complain and might get some xbl or msp - don't really want elite extended.

According to the CoD Twitter, they're aware of it and working on it.

I haven't tried yet, I usually play later in the day.

I just got done playing about 2 hours without a problem.

Now I'm looking forward to the new maps Tuesday.

Terminal has been pretty awesome, especially with no more crossmap tubbing! And now MW3 gets to see some camp spots.

Decomissioned is amazing and I'll just leave it at that. I love close range.

I've had my ups and downs on offshore, once you get all the layers of the map down and can navigate it quickly it's awesome. Reminds me of Summit from Black Ops.

[quote name='Amblix']Terminal has been pretty awesome, especially with no more crossmap tubbing! And now MW3 gets to see some camp spots.

Decomissioned is amazing and I'll just leave it at that. I love close range.

I've had my ups and downs on offshore, once you get all the layers of the map down and can navigate it quickly it's awesome. Reminds me of Summit from Black Ops.[/QUOTE]

So does that mean that its not an exact remake if there is no cross map tubing?

The only thing I've noticed is the decor is a little different.

Burger Town is written in Russian.

The magazine shop isn't a magazine shop anymore.

I haven't noticed any major structural changes.

[quote name='TheBigAndy']So does that mean that its not an exact remake if there is no cross map tubing?[/QUOTE]

I think they mean it's the same map but since Danger Close is no longer around, noob tubes aren't as powerful on the map.

Yeah, that's what I had meant. Campers with type 95's are pretty much dicks. I love the map though, you see so much imaginative stuff.

Best terminal match so far is 40-11-12, team defender.

Yeah, that's what I had meant. Campers with type 95's are pretty much dicks. I love the map though, you see so much imaginative stuff.

bread's done
Back