Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 - July Elite DLC out now, Terminal free for everyone

This is from some random blog, so take it with a grain of salt, but I think it confirms what we've suspected regarding Founder status and Hardened Edition owners. (In other words, we might be able to sell our Founder codes for cash in a few weeks.)

http://oneofswords.com/2011/11/how-do-i-activate-founder-status-in-elite/

If you register your Elite premium subscription before November 13, you do not need to use the Founder card code — you will be automatically granted Founder status. The card is an unnecessary step for first-week subs; it’s there as insurance in case someone gets HE as a gift after the November 13 deadline. The folks who wake up Christmas morning or the last day of Hanukkah to find MW3 HE will not be left out. As a result, there’s no place to enter the Founder card code online right now — there’s no need for it yet.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']There's no place to enter it!? I redeemed mine last night.[/QUOTE]

Founder status not elite membership.

[quote name='Mr. 420']Another quick dope. Kenny's mullet is to cool for you to have in your sig.[/QUOTE]

Don't you get tired of going back and forth between threads offering nothing at all? why haven't you been banned yet?

[quote name='seanr1221']Founder status not elite membership.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm...there's 2 codes? I gotta look at my inserts again.

BTW Anyone get the Elite cammo and callsign stuff on their game yet?

[quote name='ShadowSx']C'mon Fedex, It has been 'Out for Delivery' since 7AM![/QUOTE]They have until 7PM for residential deliveries, so it's still on-time for delivery today.

The packaging for the Hardened Edition is really excessive...other than the Field journal, everything probably could have fit in the steel book.

Is the CoD elite site broken for anyone else? Every time I try to log-in it says that I need to register a account. I've been using CoD elite since I had gotten in the beta. And even when I try to register my account it gives me "Internal Server Error" message.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kklems']I have noticed that same thing espically at the end of the match when switching to the next match.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Me too.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DCpinoy']Played for about 3 hours already. Didn't have any problems. All screens loaded or switched really fast for me. This was without the game being installed on the hard drive.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MillerTime2523']Umm, okay, the game keeps freezing and I can't connect to an online game. Buzz kill..[/QUOTE]I may be wrong, but I guess it may be safe to assume that there are definitely somewhat "defective" copies of the game in circulation. It seems really hit or miss though since a handful of my friends have no problems whatsoever, while a few keep experiencing disc read errors, freezes, and questionable loading times (even when exchanging their discs for a brand new one). I'm debating whether or not I should exchange my copy for a new one since I tried my neighbor's copy and it ran smoothly on my console without any hiccups.

Other than having a defective copy, does anyone else have an idea of what may be causing these issues?

yeah playing on ps3. lots of lag, ugh. iv played 25 games and about 5 were unplayable. 2 were hard freezes after sending 100% packet info and migrate host and then just pure black and nothing til i quit to xmb and reset. ugh. cmon infinity ward

On the other hand COD is always just the same old rehashed crap. It was a great game way back in the day on the PC but after MW the game just went down hill. MW2 sucked, Black Ops sucked, MW3 sucks. Fanboys will be fanboys though.

Yes, they all absolutely suck, must be why they're collectively the singular best-selling video game franchise of this generation.

Played for about an hour and a half with no troubles, went to eat dinner, now I can't even select Xbox Live on the multiplayer screen. "Error: Communication with the Xbox Live Servers has been interrupted."

Getting really frustrated that this game isn't working flawlessly like it should, I had a shit load of fun with what I played though.

some lag here and there, but I'm having a lot of fun with it...kinda seems like you die almost instantly now and it takes more shots to kill someone imo.

The game definitely played different last night. It feels better now, not crazy fast like last night, and party matchmaking seems to be better. Still, the game feels...kinda weak. Like I've played it before already :lol: I'll still play it but, really wish they would have used a new engine. A lot of the game makes it feel like it's all about luck too.

For those who have the game... is it still really easy to shoot down UAV's/CUAV's with assault rifles like in MW2? In MW2, I could take down a UAV with like 10 bullets of the Scar, wondering if it can still be done here. It would sure help get point streaks faster.

Still waiting on Newegg to get their heads out of their asses and ship my copy.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']The game definitely played different last night. It feels better now, not crazy fast like last night, and party matchmaking seems to be better. Still, the game feels...kinda weak. Like I've played it before already :lol: I'll still play it but, really wish they would have used a new engine. A lot of the game makes it feel like it's all about luck too.[/QUOTE]

This....this....this...and more this.

I only played 2 matches online so far (remember I am one of 9 people who want to play through the SP) but from word go my head just said add on not new game.

But again, I only played 2 matches but as a result I am not that hyped to play anymore.

Who has the hardened and what's the difference between the 2 codes for elite? They must have safe guarded getting two elite subscriptions with one hardened copy

[quote name='DestroVega']Who has the hardened and what's the difference between the 2 codes for elite? They must have safe guarded getting two elite subscriptions with one hardened copy[/QUOTE]

There aren't two Elite codes. One is for Elite, the other is for Founder status, which is redeemed online

[quote name='moojuice']There aren't two Elite codes. One is for Elite, the other is for Founder status, which is redeemed online[/QUOTE]

Ok I was confused cause they both are the 25 digit same style code, thanks man

So after I got my hardened copies today from amazon and playing for a few hours my xbox gave my disk a huge ring scratch (I don't really remember moving he xbox while it was running)... I borrowed a friends case who had the regular edition and took it to walmart and got it exchanged.... Now I'm not sure if I should risk trying to play it on my xbox... It's not like I can afford a new xbox.

[quote name='kimbaka']For those who have the game... is it still really easy to shoot down UAV's/CUAV's with assault rifles like in MW2? In MW2, I could take down a UAV with like 10 bullets of the Scar, wondering if it can still be done here. It would sure help get point streaks faster.

Still waiting on Newegg to get their heads out of their asses and ship my copy.[/QUOTE]

It's like Black Ops. Will take about 2-3 clips to take out a UAV.

yeah i thought bf3 was alot like bf2. then i played mw3. wow, it's just like $15 dlc add on for mw2. oh wells. im just glad i didnt get two like i did with blops.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']When I played BF3, I thought it was way too similar to BC2. After playing a few matches of MW3, wow...[/QUOTE]
Yeah I sadly agree....

Haven't played online yet but I am really liking the campaign so far. Lots of cool set pieces and "wow" moments. Pretty sure it will end up being my favorite CoD campaign.

I don't know about the rest of you, but play Kill Confirmed for the full MW3 experience. I played with a few friends tonight and it was amazing. So far MW3 feels better than BO and MW2. It doesn't feel fast at all. It has a good pace, feels balanced for the most part, and the maps are laid out with some thought. I love it so far!

DestroVega, the Founder's card code only has 20 chars. 5 sets of 4. And it only needs to be used if you don't activate Elite by the 13th.

[quote name='Ziv']DestroVega, the Founder's card code only has 20 chars. 5 sets of 4. And it only needs to be used if you don't activate Elite by the 13th.[/QUOTE]

So if you use the 25 digit code to activate elite you can keep the other code unused to give to someone else?

If I paid $60 for this I'd probably be a little disappointed, but I only paid like 15 bucks after my Amazon gift cards I had to burn.. I'm really liking it, I like the weapon progression as opposed to "Get 40 kills with x attachment, unlock new attachment" or "Get 1000 headshots for new camo".. Overall I wasn't expecting anything really groundbreaking that I haven't played in a past CoD game, yeah it feels pretty similar, but hey, I'm still having fun with it.

Rented it on a whim, and am attempting to plow through the campaign before tomorrow night. It's not rocking my world like COD4 did the first time I played it, because this is the third time I've played it. But the firefight in the
crashing airplane as you all slam around inside the cabin
, that's totally badass.

If anyone is up for some gameing past Midnight add me up I work nights and am usually on for a few hours weekdays and through out the day on the weekends.

I can only play COD games in hardcore game types because it takes too long to kill someone otherwise. If anyone can list the gametypes in hardcore, please do! Id especially like to know if you can play kill confirmed on hardcore?

Not sure how much longer these Call of Duty games are going to follow this exact same formula with slight adjustments because its been pretty much the same for ages now, and its getting a little annoying.

The spawns in this game are terrible. I don't know why they'd make a conscious effort to make the maps so small when the series is already known for questionable spawns. On top of that, Ground War is a popular playlist and many of the maps in it are too small. It's like 9v9 on shipment.

They also made it way too easy for bad players to do well. It takes all of the skill out of the game.

[quote name='Trakan']The spawns in this game are terrible. I don't know why they'd make a conscious effort to make the maps so small when the series is already known for questionable spawns. On top of that, Ground War is a popular playlist and many of the maps in it are too small. It's like 9v9 on shipment.

They also made it way too easy for bad players to do well. It takes all of the skill out of the game.[/QUOTE]

^^^ This part especially. I can't tell you how many times I get killed by some idiot waving his gun around like he has tourette's.

As for the maps, they are pretty shitty. I absolutely hate the one that is in sort of a shopping mall (don't remember the name of it, and I only played it once or twice) and then Bootleg is just as bad. These maps are the epitome of clusterfucks. You spawn on the opposite side of your team after dying only to run 10 feet and have some jackass kill you because he's running out of the hallway that runs perpendicular to your alley.

We were talking about the maps tonight and how it almost feels like the designs came from a Kindergarten art project. They just decided, more corners, more shit in the middle of nowhere, let's just throw stuff everywhere, and then we'll have a great map.

[quote name='seanr1221']I think Interchange is the worst map by far.[/QUOTE]

Cornertropolis a.k.a. Mission won that award for me. It is literally the older much bitchier step sister of Overpass from Gears of War 3. High ground + AR + half decent vision = Insta-win. It feels like they have eyes on almost every flanking position and should you get in the game evolves from shooting fish in a barrel to your choice of which corner, direction, and number of people are spawning in or on top of you.

My favorite maps so far: Interchange, Dome, Carbon, Bootleg and Underground. The rest I tolerate.

Yeah I like Underground a lot.

Thinking of sticking with support package and just rocking a UAV/Counter UAV with no third streak.

I feel like the streaks aren't as good/frequent in this game as they were in MW2.

My friend reminded me of that last night. Hardline + UAV - Counter UAV on a Support class with a Blind Eye + silenced weapon could get retarded real quick. I just need to buy a custom class for it. I'll miss my a choke point in a can (Osprey killstreaks) though but I learned my lesson when the opposing team had a Juggernaut manage to run under it. Thankfully I snagged an EMP before I died so those assholes couldn't use any of my shit before the game ended. Well worth the lobby hate afterward.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']My friend reminded me of that last night. Hardline + UAV - Counter UAV on a Support class with a Blind Eye - Assassin + silenced weapon could get retarded real quick. I just need to buy a custom class for it. I'll miss my a choke point in a can (Osprey killstreaks) though but I learned my lesson when the opposing team had a Juggernaut manage to run under it. Thankfully I snagged an EMP before I died so those assholes couldn't use any of my shit before the game ended. Well worth the lobby hate afterward.[/QUOTE]

It's definitely more of a gun game this time around.

And I feel like I can't play Ground War at all. Maps are way too small.

bread's done
Back