Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 - July Elite DLC out now, Terminal free for everyone

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Either:

A) You suck horribly and feel the need to rage about your failures all the time (you did the same thing when talking about Black Ops unfortunately).

B) You have a horribly slow Thailand connection that doesn't let you do well in matches ever.

Solution is either:

1) Practice more and get better, if you do indeed suck

2) Sell the game and be rage free for a little while, if you don't feel like practicing but you suck

3) Get a better connection somehow (going from wireless to wired, etc.)[/QUOTE]

I suck yet manage to be the top scorer on my team consistently while I lag and everyone else in the game lags too. Of all people to bring that up I would have never though it'd be the guy who constantly post links to his own website as "news" on new games. I fail to understand how my connection is to blame when I don't lag in other games and the rest of the people in the same room in MW3 are lagging and have 2 bar connections.

But no you're right, the game is perfect, everything else is my own doing.

Side note: The P90 feels pretty solid with some optics on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='RobMinhas']I'm having a fair amount of fun with the MP but I seem to be having a brutally difficult amount of time learning the maps, and I really don't want to roam around in a private match discovering the maps. WIth all of the other CoD games it just came to me over the first few hours, but it feels like theres two maps I play eighty percent of the time and the rest are literally impossible to fully comprehend the tunnels and buildings and whatnot. It also feels like levelling up is really really slow in the MP compared to the last few games.[/QUOTE]

My friends and I were just talking about this. The maps seem to lack those special spots from previous games. Everything is just kind of thrown together. Yeah they gave us 16, but Id rather have 8 memorable maps and 8 classic CoD maps.

[quote name='The 7th Number']anyone else think the audio is low compared to other games?[/QUOTE]

The only problem I've had with the audio is hearing other people's voices in multiplayer. I've got the mic volume maxed out and have the output set to go through the speakers and their voices still get drowned out by music and sound effects.

[quote name='The 7th Number']anyone else think the audio is low compared to other games?[/QUOTE]

Yes, noticeablely lower. Not a big deal for me though, I just turn it up.

I can't seem to get into this game very much. I had trouble putting down black ops but not this game. I think it has to do wih the maps and weapons. Might just go back to black ops

I finally played like 3 matches, fucking Walmart took forever to ship my Hardened Edition. I think I am going to like this a lot better than MW2. The game seems to play a little slower and I like that. There doesn't seem to be a lot of kill streaks going on per match as far as I can tell. There was some lag in my matches so I stopped before I got annoyed. I am pissed because I paid for the Hardened Edition and this fucking Elite app keeps telling me their servers are getting hammered. It's been 5 days since launch so this is unacceptable!

so with Elite acting the way it is..what is the stance on activating by the 13th to get 'Founder' status? I have been in the app once, but didn't really see any place to input the code..if I just enter it thru the dash, will I be alright??

[quote name='seanr1221']I'm pretty sure if you activate Elite before the 13th you get founder status and don't have to put in the code.[/QUOTE]

yeah, thats what I meant, just the regular code, not the Founder one from the HE. I think I'm gonna just enter in the dash before time runs out or I forget! :lol:

[quote name='token2k6']yeah, thats what I meant, just the regular code, not the Founder one from the HE. I think I'm gonna just enter in the dash before time runs out or I forget! :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the regular code has to be entered by the 13th. The HE has a separate founder code that can be entered at anytime.

[quote name='seanr1221']I'm pretty sure if you activate Elite before the 13th you get founder status and don't have to put in the code.[/QUOTE]

I thought they extended the date to the end of the month? Since COD Elite has been messing up.

[quote name='DCpinoy']I thought they extended the date to the end of the month? Since COD Elite has been messing up.[/QUOTE]

They mention about that on the Elite status page. I'm glad you pointed that out, I completely missed that when I first read it.

Secondaries in this game are ridiculous. I have been using the MP9 more than my primaries. Dunno why i like this gun but its working for me mid range silenced. great combo with the Type 95.

The maps still suck ass....but i am liking Dome and Village. The other maps i feel are bigger than blops and have really stupid firing lanes.

the mp9 is a killing machine.. i like the skorpion too but the mag is way too short.. and all the pistols are buttcheeks

its mp9 or stinger for a secondary

and the last sniper rifle you unlock is godly.. i love it

Primary: M16 - Attachments (Red Dot, Extra Mags)
Secondary: the Grenade Gun
Claymore
Tac Insertion
Hardline Pro

...equals 3.0 KD Ratio, 25% accuracy

I was very reluctant to get MW3 but nearly all of my friends got it day one so I bought it for the social aspect of live gaming. I am utterly addicted, however, and thoroughly enjoying the game. It's still a lot of fun, although something about the maps leave a lot to be desired.

Currently using an M4, I intend to move to scar after I max it out.

Someone posted this on NeoGaf, made me giggle:
Rubixcuba:
tumblr_luj3vdu1fA1qcrk97o1_500.png

Seems like a hell of a deal as welll across the lake.

[quote name='AJVtony831']I can't seem to get into this game very much. I had trouble putting down black ops but not this game. I think it has to do wih the maps and weapons. [/QUOTE]

Same here. I had fun playing yesterday, but I'm just not getting addicted right away like I did with CoD4 and Black Ops. It feels more like MW2 which I struggled to get into as well.

The maps all kind of suck and feel very same-ish to one another. Hard to learn them as the buildings, tunnels etc. all look mostly the same. And all the maps are too focused on close quarters combat. I haven't really found a gun I like much yet either. Have mainly been using the CM901 after unlocking it. That and the SCAR and UMP.

I do like Kill Confirmed mode though. Adds a bit of a new wrinkle to the game, and discourages camping and sniping to some extent since you need to be collecting tags to win and get a lot of XP per match etc.

Overall I kind of regret buying the hardened edition....not sure I'll stay into the game long enough to get good use out of all the DLC. Especially with other stuff I'm in the middle of, or want to start playing soon like Dragon Age 2, Gears 3, Batman, Skyrim etc.

Suppose I could try to sell my Elite codes as I can't redeem them right now anyway as my main Xbox Live account got hacked and is locked while under investigation, so I'm just playing on a temp account for now.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Same here. I had fun playing yesterday, but I'm just not getting addicted right away like I did with CoD4 and Black Ops. It feels more like MW2 which I struggled to get into as well.

The maps all kind of suck and feel very same-ish to one another. Hard to learn them as the buildings, tunnels etc. all look mostly the same. And all the maps are too focused on close quarters combat. I haven't really found a gun I like much yet either. Have mainly been using the CM901 after unlocking it. That and the SCAR and UMP.

I do like Kill Confirmed mode though. Adds a bit of a new wrinkle to the game, and discourages camping and sniping to some extent since you need to be collecting tags to win and get a lot of XP per match etc.

Overall I kind of regret buying the hardened edition....not sure I'll stay into the game long enough to get good use out of all the DLC. Especially with other stuff I'm in the middle of, or want to start playing soon like Dragon Age 2, Gears 3, Batman, Skyrim etc.

Suppose I could try to sell my Elite codes as I can't redeem them right now anyway as my main Xbox Live account got hacked and is locked while under investigation, so I'm just playing on a temp account for now.[/QUOTE]
Yea I don't like the maps much either. Other games have that map that I just enjoy playing but this game doesn't.

I'll agree though that I like the Kill Confirmed mode. It makes it much more challenging to shoot somebody and then go grab the dogtags since someone from the other team might run to it.

I thought about buying the hardened edition but decided against it and it's a good thing I did. This game will probably go on ebay/craigslist soon for me. I enjoyed it for a few days but now it's just not very fun to me.

Do you guys think the Call of Duty series will go the way of guitar hero in the near future?

Don't get me wrong I still find the gameplay fun, but I'm in a similar boat with everyone else, I would have been happier with this as MW2 DLC. Little to no innovation in the multiplayer department, though I liked the new survival mode they added. I could live without that though as most if not all of my time with the game is spent online.

I found that story about the guy asking for people to help boost the metacritic scores to be pretty funny and kind of interesting.. maybe / hopefully voices are being heard. I'm sure Joe Casual Gamer will continue buying until they drop COD 12, but I think especially if they release during another busy holiday season ill be happier spending my money elsewhere in the future than on the COD series.

I wonder if they are going to keep riding this series and make a MW4, MW5, ext... Or actually make something new (I'm not talking about Treyarch, they suck at making COD).

[quote name='MillerTime2523']Do you guys think the Call of Duty series will go the way of guitar hero in the near future?[/QUOTE]It's doubtful that it will suffer the same sharp drop-off like GH suffered, but interest will gradually die off. The GH series offered incremental updates in the form of additional bulky peripherals and released several new, full price boxed games in the course of a single year. GH was a popular series, but it was never reached the same heights that COD is currently at. I'm sure Activision will ride the series into the ground at some point but at the same time they had to have learned a few lessons from how they mishandled the GH series.

Think cod has hit it's peak and it'll die down like the music game business did for activision which is why I think they're milking cod for everything they can, while they can. Am already disappointed with the game in a sense because people now have their stupid clan tags/names to show up with xbox buttons and what not. Soon we'll see more mods and other crap in the game. They should just ask Treyarch on how to not allow that in game as they've been the only ones to fix that problem.

Also, if you play hardcore games like S&D be warned, lots of team killing going on. Person will start killing his whole team at the beginning of a match with an rpg so no one gets to play. They couldn't implement a penalty, kick/ban? Just give them - points?! I had a kid suspended for doing it repeatedly even after I warned him he insisted on doing it.

[quote name='ShadowSx']I wonder if they are going to keep riding this series and make a MW4, MW5, ext... Or actually make something new (I'm not talking about Treyarch, they suck at making COD).[/QUOTE]

pending lawsuit with west and zampanella for the rights to the modern warfare name...and unpaid royalties for all workers.

if this continues(treyarch games and "IW" + sledgehammer,etc switching off every year) then i could definitely see the series drop considerably in two years due to a lack of innovation.

[quote name='ShadowSx']Or actually make something new (I'm not talking about Treyarch, they suck at making COD).[/QUOTE]

Disagree with that. I thought Black Ops was a good deal better than MW2.

And probably better than MW3 from the little I've played so far.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Disagree with that. I thought Black Ops was a good deal better than MW2.

And probably better than MW3 from the little I've played so far.[/QUOTE]

agreed, im probably going to sell my MW3 because its not that great and id rather invest my time into Gears 3 MP. IDK its not that the maps are small, which ive seen people say a lot in this thread, i think its because they have too many paths making this game too much of a CQC game. None of the maps stand out for me, they all seems like a bunch of buildings shoved together with many paths inbetween. Every COD usually has some maps where there is big open areas. I usually can remember map layouts pretty quick, but in this game i still wonder where i am half the time. Maybe i just need to play more though.

One thing i do like is the support streaks, and how if you die, they dont reset. I hope that makes it into the next COD game. But so far the MP is meh, and the lag doesnt help it much.

Campaign only lasted me just under 5 hours. It was okay, but i never got attached to the characters. I know this is a war game, but COD campaigns just have too many spots where you just sit and shoot guy after guy after guy. I mean it kind of gets repetitive and boring. I wish there was more levels where you were in a car, or plane shooting down. Those parts were fun and a nice way to mix things up. But again the levels are so short, you dont really get a chance to play those type of things that long before you are back shooting at countless guys in one spot.

Im looking forward to seeing what treyarch does with their next game. By then i will probably want to dive into another MP game other than gears. Plus i prefer past war MP rather than modern warfare. IDK if its the classic guns, or settings, but i just enjoy it more.

[quote name='intoxicated662']Am already disappointed with the game in a sense because people now have their stupid clan tags/names to show up with xbox buttons and what not. Soon we'll see more mods and other crap in the game. They should just ask Treyarch on how to not allow that in game as they've been the only ones to fix that problem.[/QUOTE]
I can not believe that this is still an issue they have not addressed. At least BO let you hide clan tags. :wall:

It looks like you can do this with any system: modded or not. @XboxSupport is suggesting that you report people with symbols in their clan name.

I have the "exclusive" avatar item that came with the mw3 wireless Bluetooth headset if anyone wants to trade with me. Looking for a male American special forces avatar code in return.

I have codes for the male and female item available for trade. :)

So, is the Elite program actually worth the $50. If there are 3 map packs in the next 9 months, I'd say yes, but there is No guarantee they will get them out that quickly.
I have 4100 MS poinst, so I can get it, but just not sure about it.

Any input?

They probably will get map packs out as soon as possible since they wana keep milkin us. its worth it if you will buy all the map packs, otherwise no.

[quote name='sunnysky']So, is the Elite program actually worth the $50. If there are 3 map packs in the next 9 months, I'd say yes, but there is No guarantee they will get them out that quickly.
I have 4100 MS poinst, so I can get it, but just not sure about it.

Any input?[/QUOTE]

Well so far it isn't worth anything to me since I paid the extra money for the Hardened Edition and I can't even get into the fucking app. If you are going to charge people extra for something they better make sure it fucking works or fix it ASAP.

[quote name='ShadowSx']I wonder if they are going to keep riding this series and make a MW4, MW5, ext... Or actually make something new (I'm not talking about Treyarch, they suck at making COD).[/QUOTE]

+1. Black Ops and World at War are bastard children of the COD series. Both were less than the others.

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']+1. Black Ops and World at War are bastard children of the COD series. Both were less than the others.[/QUOTE]

really? I loved black ops, aside from last stand, and WAW was really cool IMO. Those two were so much better than MW2, and probably MW3. But i think COD4 is still the best.

Been logging good time into it, I think a big issue is the maps. They are just a huge cluster of buildings with 100 paths leading to each one. I suspect they did that to try and eliminate camping, since you can't camp at all when you only have one claymore (that unlocks at level 200) and 10 entry ways to watch.

Also having an trouble finding a good weapon to use. I like the Type 95, but feel its vulnerabilities against sub-machine guns and full-autos even at mid range. Also like the G3 but sometimes it just doesn't act right and it takes a clip to kill one person.

Maybe its some lag? I need to turn off the theatre recording mode and see if it makes a difference.

I'm just not digging the MP at all, really shouldn't have bought the hardened edition.

Anyone want to buy my elite codes for $35 via PayPal? as mentioned above, I haven't redeemed any of them as my main live account was hacked. So I have the elite code, founder status code, and the two avatar codes unused.

Hate to lose money on them, but would like to at least recoup some of my costs since I just don't see myself playing the mp much longer.

PM if interested.

EDIT: Elite codes sold.

Last edited by a moderator:
After logging over 10 hours into the mp, I got rid of the game via craigslist. It was a fun 10 hours but got boring real quick and just couldn't get into it after a while. Hope that those who do enjoy the game have fun with it but just wasn't for me.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Also having an trouble finding a good weapon to use. I like the Type 95, but feel its vulnerabilities against sub-machine guns and full-autos even at mid range. Also like the G3 but sometimes it just doesn't act right and it takes a clip to kill one person.[/QUOTE]

Try using Steady Aim with the Type 95. It does WONDERS close up. It's great long range but when used with Steady Aim, I can usually win the close ups as well when firing from the hip.

[quote name='Thrinn']I can not believe that this is still an issue they have not addressed. At least BO let you hide clan tags. :wall:

It looks like you can do this with any system: modded or not. @XboxSupport is suggesting that you report people with symbols in their clan name.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, good luck with that. When you're in a lobby and at least 4-5 people have that going on in their gamertag it'll take you some time. Especially with MW3 loading up is the slowest of this generation. I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but for the most part having the Xbox Guide show up takes longer than most other games. Then to leave negative feedback, report a player, check messages or anything else loads up slow and takes a long time

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Been logging good time into it, I think a big issue is the maps. They are just a huge cluster of buildings with 100 paths leading to each one. I suspect they did that to try and eliminate camping, since you can't camp at all when you only have one claymore (that unlocks at level 200) and 10 entry ways to watch.

Also having an trouble finding a good weapon to use. I like the Type 95, but feel its vulnerabilities against sub-machine guns and full-autos even at mid range. Also like the G3 but sometimes it just doesn't act right and it takes a clip to kill one person.

Maybe its some lag? I need to turn off the theatre recording mode and see if it makes a difference.[/QUOTE]

loving the p990m with steady aim. Its the only counter i have in slim hallways....and the as i said before, the MP9 is crazy stupid good. I think this is better than the FMG 9.

This game suffers as you said because of the Maps. They arent fun and you cant really play strategic. I just play the outer rim of the map Ill get my kills but with MW 2 ,Cod 4,and BLOPs. It was easier to plan routes and have a set strat. I just feel in this game, i can throw out a UAV, corner camp and win. Its sucks to play like that.

here is hoping the map packs will make up for these poorly designed maps.

[quote name='Ronzilla']Try using Steady Aim with the Type 95. It does WONDERS close up. It's great long range but when used with Steady Aim, I can usually win the close ups as well when firing from the hip.[/QUOTE]

Already been using it, and I win plenty of CQC battles but sometimes it feels like it takes too many shots where I'm getting hitmarkers to kill. The Type 95 is a beast but if it takes three bursts to kill somebody for some unknown reason, I'm going to get mowed down by a UMP. Maybe lag...?

[quote name='integralsmatic']loving the p990m with steady aim. Its the only counter i have in slim hallways....and the as i said before, the MP9 is crazy stupid good. I think this is better than the FMG 9.

This game suffers as you said because of the Maps. They arent fun and you cant really play strategic. I just play the outer rim of the map Ill get my kills but with MW 2 ,Cod 4,and BLOPs. It was easier to plan routes and have a set strat. I just feel in this game, i can throw out a UAV, corner camp and win. Its sucks to play like that.

here is hoping the map packs will make up for these poorly designed maps.[/QUOTE]

Used the P990m a bit, its a pretty good gun and I had good success with it. I just think maybe I'm not high enough level yet. Don't have the claymores I like to have and don't have a ton of experience yet, despite owning people at Black Ops most the time (I'm only like a level 44 or something and I only got that far quickly because when I started the game I used a Prestige token on Double XP).

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Already been using it, and I win plenty of CQC battles but sometimes it feels like it takes too many shots where I'm getting hitmarkers to kill. The Type 95 is a beast but if it takes three bursts to kill somebody for some unknown reason, I'm going to get mowed down by a UMP. Maybe lag...?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it could be. I've heard some people are having success with lag problems by turning off the Theater Mode.
It uses up more resources and if you're already somewhat limited(not sure if that's the case), it may help out.

Yeah I'll try that out. Perhaps if it still isn't working well I will try out the ACR (just unlocked, my level is actually at like 51). Interesting picture I found here about weapon stats as well:

mw3weaponstats.jpg

I think my new favourite game type is team defender. I found that there was a lot less camping and hiding and a lot cqc battles which are pretty fun when everyones on the same page.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Already been using it, and I win plenty of CQC battles but sometimes it feels like it takes too many shots where I'm getting hitmarkers to kill. The Type 95 is a beast but if it takes three bursts to kill somebody for some unknown reason, I'm going to get mowed down by a UMP. Maybe lag...?

Used the P990m a bit, its a pretty good gun and I had good success with it. I just think maybe I'm not high enough level yet. Don't have the claymores I like to have and don't have a ton of experience yet, despite owning people at Black Ops most the time (I'm only like a level 44 or something and I only got that far quickly because when I started the game I used a Prestige token on Double XP).[/QUOTE]

if you can get to range proficiency, use that with silencer and steady aim. Its easy mode with that after that. Silencer settles all the recoil and range gives it that much more that it can go in mid range gun battles. you know what steady aim does. This gun shoots straight hip firing and i have gotten some nice mid range kills with it. The Gun stats will not deter me from using it....it's a beast!

[quote name='integralsmatic']the MP9 is crazy stupid good.
[/QUOTE]

I use the MP9 almost more than any other weapon. It's powerful and steady, I've even gotten some long shots with it.

After a year of B.O. there's one thing I'm not used to anymore; close games. There were rarely close games in TDM for BO, usually ending in quite a lopsided score. Not sure whether it's host connection, matchmaking, ect. but it's nice to have competitive games again.

Another thing I'm glad to see the return of is the titles and emblems. For MW2 my co-workers set up a spreadsheet to compare who had the most unique titles and emblems amongst the group...you know, for bragging rights. ;) Also, I grew tired of having my playercard banned in BO. :whistle2:#

Man these maps suck for Headquarters and where the fuck is my Hardcore Headquarters? It's really hard to defend a headquarter point because there are too many entry points to all of the points that need defending. I am loving Hardcore Kill Confirmed and the maps seem fine for that mode. It's easy to kill people but you can't just run and get the tags because someone else might be able to shoot you easily from different points on the map. It seems like it's an easy mode but it's actually very tactical and taking your time definitely pays off, especially when most people just want to run and gun.

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']+1. Black Ops and World at War are bastard children of the COD series. Both were less than the others.[/QUOTE]

I disagree totally, and after this game, there's not much of a rational conversation to be had about how Treyarch is producing games "less than the others."

bread's done
Back