Call the Law, it's the OTT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I see it, modding is a totally thankless job. If anybody wants to volunteer to do it, you kinda gotta deputize them.

I'd throw my hat into the mod ring, but I have a problem with authority and don't need that kind of internal conflict right now.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Careful - don't make dallow/hex/whoever strike you down with their newfound mod powers. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

:lol: Oh come on.

[quote name='Moxio']:lol: Oh come on.[/QUOTE]
Apparently, the sarcasm (or whatever the hell it was I was aiming for) didn't make it through there. Oops. :)

[quote name='dallow']Did you miss the thread on this? It includes many a confession in there.

And hey, I can be a mod if I put my mind to it.[/quote]I guess I did. Oh well.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']how's that basement, drywall-master?[/quote]Not to the point of needing drywall yet.

More framing starts tomorrow at 8:30AM. :shock:

Hitachi bought the deskstar line from IBM... :roll:

When even I have a problem cloning a set of drives, if theres a deskstar, thats the one.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I don't think I've seen anything worse than the old IBM Deathstar hard-drives.

I think they're still using some derrivative of them... some of the blade servers I manage have craptastic HDs which may bail at any moment. I've had at least 3 go down so far.[/quote]

I don't think anyone would really listen to a nancyboy dragon fucker with a firearm fetish.

[quote name='Hex']I would honestly put work into being a mod, the only thing is, I'm not really active much.[/quote]

[quote name='Kayden']Hitachi bought the deskstar line from IBM... :roll:

When even I have a problem cloning a set of drives, if theres a deskstar, thats the one.[/quote]

oh, I know.

fucking T23s and beyond with Deathstars and Hitachis. fuck.

Thinkpads suck in general.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']oh, I know.

fucking T23s and beyond with Deathstars and Hitachis. fuck.[/quote]

[quote name='Kayden']Thinkpads suck in general.[/quote]

save the hd fiasco, the t23s were solid.

t4x models have a fuckton of problems.

i'm currently on a t60p.

not IBM anymore though... lenovo until the license runs out, then TPs won't exist anymore.

[quote name='dcfox']What's with the mod talk? Is Cheapy taking nominations?[/QUOTE]
Not from any of us.

Just the current mods.

[quote name='dcfox']What's with the mod talk? Is Cheapy taking nominations?[/QUOTE]You know the IlliminOTTi is where the real power of this site is ;).

But really, this started with a joke about dallow being a mod to idle speculation.

[quote name='dcfox']What's with the mod talk? Is Cheapy taking nominations?[/quote]
You.

You're my choice.

The mod of the people!

mm.... wet sticky fox... :drool:

[quote name='Kayden']I don't think anyone would really listen to a nancyboy dragon fucker with a firearm fetish.[/QUOTE]

I might be inclined on some tranquil afternoons to support mod-baiting and denegration of moderator authority as a two-week bannable offense. The internet is the wild west and harsh justice is like cool water.

[quote name='dallow']Vote Dallow!

You'll never look back! (please don't look back, that's where i like to hide)[/quote]

The real choice is JimmieMac.

Can you imagine that bastard with the powers of a mod? ;)

[quote name='dcfox']What's with the mod talk? Is Cheapy taking nominations?[/quote]No, everyone posturing to either be a mod or making lots of noise. Oddly, they both sound the same.

I wish I knew how many Lancer kills I had on Gears of War... I want to get that nightmare of an Achievement, already.

People like dallow make it so I never want to have a daughter.

[quote name='Brak']People like dallow make it so I never want to have a daughter.[/QUOTE]

When Brak makes a funny, ZING! go the strings of my comedy heart!

[quote name='corrosivefrost']The real choice is JimmieMac.

Can you imagine that bastard with the powers of a mod? ;)[/QUOTE]
Given some of the things he's done in the past - the Lina incident and the pic of Kayden's girlfriend appearing repeatedly both spring to mind - I'm surprised that he's gotten the offer so many times. He said three, if memory serves, and that sounds about right to me.

He seems to have mellowed a lot since then, though. Either way, it seems like he's the only one that's invincible on this site, because I know he's done a few things that would've gotten anyone else banned and got away with them because of his ties to CheapyD.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']The real choice is JimmieMac.

Can you imagine that bastard with the powers of a mod? ;)[/QUOTE]

fuck it, that's what I'm saying too. Who gives a shit anymore really? Why not make everyone a mod, that'd make for one hell of an amusing time as well.

[quote name='Brak']People like dallow make it so I never want to have a daughter.[/QUOTE]But if you had a daughter, you could always beat someone like dallow with a crowbar. That would be fun, I bet.

[quote name='jmcc']But if you had a daughter, you could always beat someone like dallow with a crowbar. That would be fun, I bet.[/quote]

shotgun for the win!

[quote name='Scobie']When Brak makes a funny, ZING! go the strings of my comedy heart![/QUOTE]
I guess it was funny... but I was being honest. :lol:
[quote name='jmcc']But if you had a daughter, you could always beat someone like dallow with a crowbar. That would be fun, I bet.[/QUOTE]
Societal crimes, such as those, are payable on death. And soul crushing.

[quote name='Brak']I guess it was funny... but I was being honest. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I think I may have mis-read it... I thought you were calling Dallow a girl!!!

[quote name='DT778']That dude sucks. Also I think it's pretty funny that he is shocked whenever a new mod is announced and it's not him.[/quote]

I know, right? He always pimps himself out in any thread involving the need of new mods around here. It's hilarious.

[quote name='Scobie']I think I may have mis-read it... I thought you were calling Dallow a girl!!![/QUOTE]
That's even better, actually.

Beat chapter 4 of Odin Sphere- the fire place. The backgrounds of that whole level were awesome.

The boss was a joke, though. That baby dragon? I had more trouble with the mini-bosses than that bitch.

[quote name='Rocko']Beat chapter 4 of Odin Sphere- the fire place. The backgrounds of that whole level were awesome.

The boss was a joke, though. That baby dragon? I had more trouble with the mini-bosses than that bitch.[/quote]

Odin Sphere is probably on my "pick it up for cheap list".

Okami? Probably not, after the demo I played in Target the other day.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Odin Sphere is probably on my "pick it up for cheap list".

Okami? Probably not, after the demo I played in Target the other day.[/quote]
I didn't like either games. Granted I only played about an hour into each but first impressions are everything.

[quote name='dcfox']I didn't like either games. Granted I only played about an hour into each but first impressions are everything.[/quote]

Took me 2 minutes to dismiss okami... the controls were driving me nuts... it might've been the demo, but hey, still...

also the graphics looked like shit. could've been the fact they were on an LCD without component or something, but still...

[quote name='Rocko']Think Odin Sphere will ever get cheap?[/QUOTE]
Of course.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Got disgaea2 for 15 or so... if odin sphere started at 39.99, whynot?[/QUOTE]Disgaea 2 was by Nippon Ichi. Odin Sphere was Atlus.

Is Disgaea the same mechanics-wise as La Pucelle and Phantom Brave?

Also, huzzah, I found my JUS FAQ I printed out forever ago so I can play it now. :p

I also got money in my Paypal now, so I need to preorder Taiko DS. For only $42 no less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back