Can anyone help me with Photoshop (should be very easy!)

Javery

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
I need help putting a ring around THIS picture. I'm making a control panel and it looks a little sparse so I want to put some rings around the controls like this:

The file to play with is HERE (that I think will print at the proper size).

1. There should be semicircles on either side.

2. The hole to the far left is for the joystick and the radius of the semicircle should be at the center of that hole.

3. I'd also like guidelines so I can line it up properly so please include centerlines vertically and horizontally and a centerline vertically which passes through the joystick hole center.

4. Try to make it as proportional as possible.

I will print this out, tape it to some vinyl and use the outline as a guide to cut out the vinyl with some scissors/utility knife.

I'm trying to recreate this look:

Thanks!

I don't know about all the proportional work, but for the outer ring you can use the rectangular and elliptical marquee tools. Just hold shift and drag on your circle, right click and stroke path, then cut it in half and put the ends on your rectangle.

Set it so guides and the ruler are visible. Drag some guides onto the image, then use your selection tool (set to snap to the guides). This should let you make the shapes you need and have them all the right size. Just make the two circles on each end, connect them with a rectangle, then you should wind up with your template shape.

Edit: one of the issues is your template seems to be for holes to cut. It's hard to estimate a template for that. Like for the bat joystick's hole cover diameter, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back