[can] EB - Killzone 2 - $9.99 (trade 1 deal)

Ranzo

CAGiversary!
I have not seen this listed yet.
Feb 27th - Mar 1st
Trade one game and get Killzone 2 for $9.99.

Games on the list are all PS3:
POP
Fallout 3
COD5
LBP
NFS: Undercover

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Bencherstyle']^^^ lol, dude, we have the same career path. history teacher. i've already planned mine out.

its easy for males to get into teaching in elementary, cuz they need male role models in there, but males usually go for the high schools.

how are you going to get into education? im thinking about the concurrent program at york...[/QUOTE]

Does this mean I can stat bugging you about your lack of capital letters ;)

The toque?

If Rogers was running a 2/40 and you found two eligible games you could conceivably get 2 copies of KZ2 for $60+tax. :D

I laugh at NFSU being on the list: hardly a quality game, but hey, the name sells.

You mean the one that amazon listed at $0.01? lol Probably K2 demo code isn't really worth anything by now. Hmm... Waiting for complete list to show up.

[quote name='kathos']Freshmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

Nah don't worry little buddy, uni just gets easier as time goes on, unless you're going to UofT (assuming you live in Toronto), all the brown nosing and overachievers make it harder to get a good grade there.

I'm on my 3rd year and I'm almost done! Only 5 more years to go!

PROTIP: Don't settle for a bachelor's, get your masters or even grab a PhD, it's worthwhile and seriously: bach's mean nothing these days, it's the equivalency of finishing high school when it comes to merit.[/quote]

What are you planning on doing kathos?

Sorry if I am hijacking this thread...

EB wants $69.99 for Resident Evil 5. I'm not very happy about the news; I was hoping my final purchase for sometime would still be at $59.99. I am hopeful that EB's head office will offer a short respite to those who pre-ordered SF4 long ago and offer the title for $59.99 over the weekend. This return to $69.99 pricing isn't going to help business, it's going to only hurt.

Anyway, I'm hoping Friday the 13th tuns out lucky and I only have to pay the amount I've already put into my pre-order: $67.79. I don't want to have extra credit lying around since there are no other games I plan to buy after RE5. Nobody here in this country wants to pay more than they should.

Sorry again...

[quote name='Bencherstyle']^^^ lol, dude, we have the same career path. history teacher. i've already planned mine out.

its easy for males to get into teaching in elementary, cuz they need male role models in there, but males usually go for the high schools.

how are you going to get into education? im thinking about the concurrent program at york...[/quote]
I'd recommend a concurrent program for sure. I was a tool and just accepted a Honours History at Laurier, which is top-notch, mind you, but concurrent programs are great, and the one at York is especially good. Just make sure you pile on the community service and pick up those teachables! I'll just do my four years then pick a solid teachers' college somewhere, hopefully in Australia if I can stop spending all my money on games.

[quote name='Ranzo']Sorry but that was the complete list.[/quote]
will KZ2 end up being 60$ at eb games, or will it be 70$?

[quote name='Bencherstyle']^screw capital letters! im a male![/quote]

~_O?!?!?!

[quote name='neksus']What are you planning on doing kathos?[/quote]

Hell to be honest I don't know. I'm grabbing a poli sci bach's and then moving onto marketing. My dad is a double doctorate (chem/bio) and my mom's an MBA, so I need to get out with something at least or else I'm going to be beaten into submission. So I'm planning on grabbing two bach's at first, then moving either one to a doctorate in poli sci or an MBA.

His saying is: "Son, I don't care what you do in life, as long as you love what you do. But finish school get a degree to fall back on."

Ideally I'd work in civil service (teachers count for this too), that way I get great pay, minimal work, union, paid vaca, huge benefits, retirement, the works.

But my game self wants to work in the gaming industry on something that doesn't involve programming or coding or whatever.

I'm the guy in class that has a 3.8GPA and still doesn't know what the fuck he's doing with his life.

[quote name='kathos']~_O?!?!?!

Hell to be honest I don't know. I'm grabbing a poli sci bach's and then moving onto marketing. My dad is a double doctorate (chem/bio) and my mom's an MBA, so I need to get out with something at least or else I'm going to be beaten into submission. So I'm planning on grabbing two bach's at first, then moving either one to a doctorate in poli sci or an MBA.

His saying is: "Son, I don't care what you do in life, as long as you love what you do. But finish school get a degree to fall back on."

Ideally I'd work in civil service (teachers count for this too), that way I get great pay, minimal work, union, paid vaca, huge benefits, retirement, the works.

But my game self wants to work in the gaming industry on something that doesn't involve programming or coding or whatever.

I'm the guy in class that has a 3.8GPA and still doesn't know what the fuck he's doing with his life.[/quote]

I can't afford to go to school for 8 years...wish I had the time but nope!
I still don't know what I wanna do...but whatever it is, it'll make civil service pay seem like peanuts :razz:

[quote name='neksus']I can't afford to go to school for 8 years...wish I had the time but nope!
I still don't know what I wanna do...but whatever it is, it'll make civil service pay seem like peanuts :razz:[/quote]

Civil service has it's very very high ups. The crap even the guy that washes dishes full time in the city hall caf gets you'd get if you climbed the corporate ladder a bit.

It's menial, repetitive work, which is what makes me not want to be in that line of work (civil service, not dishwashing ~_~). But you always have the government to fall back on ;) and not in the scummy "take advantage of the welfare system" way ~_~ the good "thank god I pay taxes for this shit" way.

OMG!!! Poli Sci!

What school do you go to?
How do you balance school and work???How long have you worked at FS?

Have you heard of a school called SFU?

[quote name='gamer602']OMG!!! Poli Sci!

What school do you go to?
How do you balance school and work???How long have you worked at FS?

Have you heard of a school called SFU?[/quote]

Do you hate it as much as I do?

I'm at Ryerson University, the cooler, hipper, we-have-the-best-fucking-lacrosse-team-in-the-city school ;).

I've been working at FS for a year and a half now, but I got a way better (read: salary) job elsewhere so soon I'll be moving on but that's a tale for another time.

Balancing school and work is pretty easy for me, I've been doing it since my old high school days, and profs these days put up all the notes/lectures on the internet so if I ever happen to miss a class (I don't), I can catch up with them. It's not like poli sci is hard sciences or engineering or anything like that ;) so it's pretty easy.

Simon Frasier? I thought that school was out west? [Google searches] Yeah all your campuses are in BC?

[quote name='game_fanatic']It seems a lot of the CAG regulars are in the same age bracket (17-23, I'm guessing). Neat![/quote]

It's cause we rule. Well the 19-23s rule. Because we can drink... at bars.

[quote name='BigSexy7947']So this promotion is still active at all GameStops?[/quote]

I called my EB and apparently if your local EB is still taking preorders you can do this. But mine told me since I have it preordered I can just go in and do a swap and have the $59.99 transferred to another game that's gonna come out.

[quote name='kathos']It's cause we rule. Well the 19-23s rule. Because we can drink... at bars.

I called my EB and apparently if your local EB is still taking preorders you can do this. But mine told me since I have it preordered I can just go in and do a swap and have the $59.99 transferred to another game that's gonna come out.[/quote]
Legal drinking FTW!

[quote name='game_fanatic']Legal drinking FTW![/quote]

As much as I liked drinking behind schools and in people's basements during my teen years, nothing beats just going into a pub, having a few pints and mucking around.

[quote name='kathos']As much as I liked drinking behind schools and in people's basements during my teen years, nothing beats just going into a pub, having a few pints and mucking around.[/quote]
Do you have a preferred pub in Tdot?

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']I prefer underage voting myself. Quite a thrill to sneak into a voting booth and drop in a ballot. What a rush.[/quote]

There's really nothing to do in Vancouver is there?

[quote name='game_fanatic']Do you have a preferred pub in Tdot?[/quote]

Tobi's is good down near downtown, the university's pubs are good too, but my fave is definitely the local Firkin pub, it's close to home (this is actually why) for all of us, relaxed, and the pool and darts are free.

Yeah this promo is correct. its only those 5 games. and yes the retail price on killzone 2 is 59.99. your local EBgames will have it available tomorrow morning. If you pre-ordered you should have received a call tonight to pick it up tomorrow. Least at my store you get that kind of service. Pre-order items is one of 2 different Toques. most are gone already though.

[quote name='game_fanatic']It seems a lot of the CAG regulars are in the same age bracket (17-23, I'm guessing). Neat![/quote]

am i the youngest one here? damn! i cant be cheap at a young age!!

16.... huh... apprently the legal drinking age is 19? :/

[quote name='Bencherstyle']am i the youngest one here? damn! i cant be cheap at a young age!!

16.... huh... apprently the legal drinking age is 19? :/[/quote]

Don't worry, as long as you don't act like an idiot (and recycle) not even T.O. cops care, I was actually insulted by a cop for drinking Busch back when I was in high school, "really? guys, buy some better beer".

Because drinking makes you an adult...

Society makes me laugh sometimes. Anyway, this thread has become a tangled mess of blood and steel.

[quote name='imcrazy']Because drinking makes you an adult...

Society makes me laugh sometimes. Anyway, this thread has become a tangled mess of blood and steel.[/quote]

objection!

[quote name='imcrazy']Because drinking makes you an adult...

Society makes me laugh sometimes. Anyway, this thread has become a tangled mess of blood and steel.[/quote]

Drinking and enjoying yourself makes you an adult, drinking to be cool and rebel behind the local high school makes you a kid. Not saying the latter isn't fun though ;).

People who think they're better than you by spouting pseudo philo bullshit from their ivory tower make me laugh sometime. =\

Take your high horse bullshit diatribe elsewhere, there's no point here, the internet doesn't need another codgy ol' ponce. Especially not on the internet, no one's impressed.

[quote name='kathos']There's really nothing to do in Vancouver is there?[/quote]

You're right, they even cancelled the fireworks here. No more excuses for drunken revelry and tomfoolery at English Bay.

Picked up a copy at the Guildford mall location this morning at 10 sharp for a NFSU I had courtesy of EA. A big line formed once I got there. I wouldn't be surprised if all 70 of their copies would be answered for by today. Thanks for the heads up op.

I just came back from EB, I had a preorder copy and I put that money into something else and did the trade for this. Awesome.

Game rocks btw.

I don't want Killzone 2, so I asked if I could get $59.99 credit for trading in $9.99 + Prince of Persia [PS3] and they wouldn't go for it :/

tivs.ca lists the Killzone 2 trade in value as $35 from EB.
Is this true even if I trade Killzone 2 back to them as soon as I trade POP and $9.99? If so that's pretty lame. Would they not give $59.99 credit right back for their unopened game?

I wanted to put that towards Resident Evil 5, but they wouldn't let me.
All they offered was $37tiv for POP - still good, but I'd rather get the $50tiv they're basically offering for getting Killzone 2.

[quote name='AndyTwobeats']I don't want Killzone 2, so I asked if I could get $59.99 credit for trading in $9.99 + Prince of Persia [PS3] and they wouldn't go for it :/

tivs.ca lists the Killzone 2 trade in value as $35 from EB.
Is this true even if I trade Killzone 2 back to them as soon as I trade POP and $9.99? If so that's pretty lame. Would they not give $59.99 credit right back for their unopened game?

I wanted to put that towards Resident Evil 5, but they wouldn't let me.
All they offered was $37tiv for POP - still good, but I'd rather get the $50tiv they're basically offering for getting Killzone 2.[/quote]

i GUESS that was a worth a shot... but the promo is specifically FOR the Killzone 2, so there was no possibility of just getting the credit.

i guess you'll just have to do something else to get RE5...

Yeah, I guess I'll just get RE5 from amazon.ca
I liked the Killzone 2 demo actually, I just can't play FPS games without getting sick lol.

god damn it, i got spoiled for killzone2, just like R2, Uncharted, Bioshock and so on and so on.... BEFORE i played em. so i lost all hope. when i buy killzone 2 this summer.... i;; be emotionless. how does killzone 2 "Feel" like? hope it doesnt feel like COD series... hate how that feels...

[quote name='AndyTwobeats']tivs.ca lists the Killzone 2 trade in value as $35 from EB.
Is this true even if I trade Killzone 2 back to them as soon as I trade POP and $9.99? If so that's pretty lame. Would they not give $59.99 credit right back for their unopened game?[/quote]
That's called a return, not a trade-in...

To be honest, I wouldn't be suprised to see this promo happen more often. Maybe even on re5

[quote name='kathos']Drinking and enjoying yourself makes you an adult, drinking to be cool and rebel behind the local high school makes you a kid. Not saying the latter isn't fun though ;).

People who think they're better than you by spouting pseudo philo bullshit from their ivory tower make me laugh sometime. =\

Take your high horse bullshit diatribe elsewhere, there's no point here, the internet doesn't need another codgy ol' ponce. Especially not on the internet, no one's impressed.[/quote]
Oh I do not think of myself as better than anyone. I was merely making a comment on the state of our society and how blatant immaturity is actively encouraged. You my friend simply proved my point, thanks for the personal attacks. It seems you have quite a lot to learn about being an adult, quite a lot indeed.

Anyway, Killzone 2 is alright. I'll be honest though, the single player is bloody awful. The voice acting and dialogue make me want to vomit. I'm gonna try out the multiplayer soon, so I hope that turns out to be more promising.

[quote name='imcrazy']Oh I do not think of myself as better than anyone. I was merely making a comment on the state of our society and how blatant immaturity is actively encouraged. You my friend simply proved my point, thanks for the personal attacks. It seems you have quite a lot to learn about being an adult, quite a lot indeed.

Anyway, Killzone 2 is alright. I'll be honest though, the single player is bloody awful. The voice acting and dialogue make me want to vomit. I'm gonna try out the multiplayer soon, so I hope that turns out to be more promising.[/quote]

Sod off you pretentious rot. Anyone who talks about society as a whole and puts it below him is someone who thinks he's better than everyone. But this is stopping, stop it now. Not turning bringing an argument to CAG, it's the fucking internet. But there's always time to defend those who enjoy a delicious pint every now and again ;).

And hell yeah I have a lot to learn, I'm 20! =\ I don't have all the answers yet, which is what makes me human. Or not a douchebag.

And on your K2 comment:

facepalm4.jpg

You must really not enjoy playing games at all then, 'cause most voicework for any game isn't the most fantastic. Even attaching Liam Neeson or John Di Maggio doesn't help.

bread's done
Back