Can I stack xbox live 48 hour trial memberships?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWgamer666

CAGiversary!
I am trying to help a buddy out and get him started while he waits for his 12 month card to come in the mail, so I was gonna set him up with one of the 48 hour xbox 360 gold live trial memberships until it gets here. But, if it takes more than 48 hours to arrive, I don't want his credit card to get charged for a unneeded 12 months of live. So, I have multiple unused 48 hour trial cards, after I set up the first account, can I use the rest of my trial live gold cards as I typically would when I add more subscription time to my account?

Or would this be hampered by needing to set up a new gamertag with each 48 hour trial membership?

They don't stack, however I am unfamiliar with XBL. I think you can continuously use 48hr codes on the same account, but not all at once to get a huge uber 6 month membership.

[quote name='NWgamer666']I am trying to help a buddy out and get him started while he waits for his 12 month card to come in the mail, so I was gonna set him up with one of the 48 hour xbox 360 gold live trial memberships until it gets here. But, if it takes more than 48 hours to arrive, I don't want his credit card to get charged for a unneeded 12 months of live. So, I have multiple unused 48 hour trial cards, after I set up the first account, can I use the rest of my trial live gold cards as I typically would when I add more subscription time to my account?

Or would this be hampered by needing to set up a new gamertag with each 48 hour trial membership?[/QUOTE]
You get a free month of Live for the first 3 gamertags you make on a 360.

If you're friend hasn't done that, I'd suggest that. He can extend his month to a year once the card arrives.

I used one for my son to play some Bomberman. They are a little wierd in that they are not full-fledged gold memberships. His gamercard still showed Silver, but he was able to play with no problem. I assumed it would be like others here are saying - you need to apply them whenever the need arises. But that's OK for me as it will only be occasionally thay I'll need to use them for my boys (maybe once every couple of weeks). Thanks to the Tropicana promotion I now have plenty to last through all of this year and the next (assuming I don't run them continuously).

Thanks for the replys all, very much appreciated.
Zewone- to follow up, I will tell him to sign up for gold on his gamertag, but he has been playing offline for a while now, I assume under a gamertag he created. Do you think he will have to create another one to get the free gold membership, as it has likely been more than a month that he has been playing on the first gamertag he created, even though he has only been playing offline, w/o even a silver membership set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back