Can someone help me out, are EDGE CARDS a good thing???

Killagamer

CAGiversary!
I been dodging getting into that because I don't understand it, I for some odd reason see it as Gamestop trying to pull a fast one on me, why would they let you benefit?, we're talking about Gamestop here lol.

Anyways, forget my ignorance please and let me know if I should get it
what benefits are I am going to get from it?, mind you I don't buy games
alot.

If you don't buy games then 1/3 of its potential benefits are wasted. Unless you happen to trade in or sell a slew of games throughout the year, or you are madly in love with Game Informer, it certainly isn't worth your $15.

Ignoring promotions, you'd have to buy/trade in $150 worth of (used) games a year to break even.

Since you probably shouldn't be giving them any money, I'd say it isn't worth it. The only time it has ever been worth it to me, since both their used prices and their trade-in credits are shit, is when flipping clearance games during a promotion. Since I decided not to give them anymore money I haven't renewed mine, I think I had one for about 2-3 years and more than broke even thanks to the flipping.

A gaming magazine with all the important unveils of the year sent to your door is worth the $15 alone. Buying the used games and getting 10% off helps too. If you go in there enough where you consider yourself constantly dodging it I'd say you should just get one already.

Seriously though, if the idiots there can't explain it to you enough for you to understand it it's amazing they still have jobs.

The magazine is garbage, IMO. If you don't buy more than $150 worth of used games, and you don't care for the magazine, I wouldn't recommend it.

But with the amount of trading in and buying of used games that I do (I do a lot of flipping and then stock up during the buy 2/get 3rd free sales, making the most of each dollar), the $15 yearly fee is definitely worth it. It's the only membership card I buy.

Back in the 90s, it was legendary. The discount card and Game Informer. Now everything about the deal isn't a deal at all. It's just a waste.

Game Informer isn't what it used to be, and that's a shame.

i only use it in combination with 25% coupons really. So I don't get my $$$'s worth, but i like having an extra mag by the shitter so... thought it was $10???

[quote name='shadowkast']i only use it in combination with 25% coupons really. So I don't get my $$$'s worth, but i like having an extra mag by the shitter so... thought it was $10???[/QUOTE]

GI does make great reading for the bathroom.

[quote name='Chuplayer']Back in the 90s, it was legendary. The discount card and Game Informer. Now everything about the deal isn't a deal at all. It's just a waste.

Game Informer isn't what it used to be, and that's a shame.[/QUOTE]

I remember when just the damn card used to be $5 from EB back in the day. I really wish Barnes & Noble had kept Gamestop in only the planning stages and never actually made the company. It's been the WORST thing to happen to gaming since the crash in the 1980's.

[quote name='Kreutz']GI does make great reading for the bathroom.[/QUOTE]

It makes great tp too if you run out. :D Actually, I'm kidding on that, paper cuts in unmentionable places=ouchie.

I stopped buying from Gamestop a couple of years ago with a few rare exceptions and I still renew my Edge membership each year just for the magazine.

My laptop burns my thighs if I surf on the throne so having a paper mag is nice.

It's not even a question of whether the magazine is good or not, there just arent many game magazines left, so I take what I can get. I like to read in the bathroom.

I've saved a total of $624.94 throughout the year with my EDGE membership. It really depends on your buying/flipping habits.

bread's done
Back