Can someone help me return an item to a 3rd person seller on Amazon? (need advice)

Mr Snarp Snarps

CAGiversary!
The game I bought came scratched and the seller agreed to give me my money back but this is my first time ever returning anything online at all. How should I get refunded and how do I get a free shipping label and stuff for to send it back? Sorry but I have no clue what to do:roll:

It's best to contact amazon customer service for help amd questions. I remember last time I had a problem, the customer service advice me to work it out with the seller first.

The seller agreed to refund the shipping cost so it was alright at the end.

Try asking the seller to give you a full refund including shipping and everything. If he don't agree, then contact amazon. Your always protected by the a to z guarantee anyways.

[quote name='anbu-black-ops']It's best to contact amazon customer service for help amd questions. I remember last time I had a problem, the customer service advice me to work it out with the seller first.

The seller agreed to refund the shipping cost so it was alright at the end.

Try asking the seller to give you a full refund including shipping and everything. If he don't agree, then contact amazon. Your always protected by the a to z guarantee anyways.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Since the item was damaged and not received as described, the seller better be reimbursing you for the return shipping fees.

I bought a like new wii game which shipped quickly. it was scratched more than it should have been for like new. I contacted the seller about it and foolishly mentioned that it did worked but it's scratched upped. they refused to refund. didn't have time until earlier today to file a claim.

Amazon will probably side with me. just wondering if I'll have to pay return shipping and will my refund be full or just subtotal before shipping.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']I bought a like new wii game which shipped quickly. it was scratched more than it should have been for like new. I contacted the seller about it and foolishly mentioned that it did worked but it's scratched upped. they refused to refund. didn't have time until earlier today to file a claim.

Amazon will probably side with me. just wondering if I'll have to pay return shipping and will my refund be full or just subtotal before shipping.[/QUOTE]

/sigh

[quote name='Gamer SDP']I bought a like new wii game which shipped quickly. it was scratched more than it should have been for like new. I contacted the seller about it and foolishly mentioned that it did worked but it's scratched upped. they refused to refund. didn't have time until earlier today to file a claim.

Amazon will probably side with me. just wondering if I'll have to pay return shipping and will my refund be full or just subtotal before shipping.[/QUOTE]

Working or not, like new means, by Amazon's definition:
Like New: An apparently unopened video game in perfect condition (although it may be out of its original wrapping). The box and item are pristine, with no signs of wear. Suitable for presenting as a gift.

This is one of my biggest complaints as a seller. Other competitors list their disc/cart-only items as like new when the only condition for them would be acceptable.

bread's done
Back