Can you use a 360 subscription on the original xbox?

GameDude

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I still have my old xbox and also a 360. Does anyone know if I can use my 360 subscription to play on the original xbox live? I'm assuming I wouldn't be able to use them both at the same time. Thanks!

I know you can play original XBox games on the 360 and use the Live account you started on the 360, not sure if you can take an account created on the 360 and recover it to an original XBox though.

Not to piggyback, but this is something I've been meaning to ask.

If there's a game for the original XBox that has downloadable content (say, Splinter Cell), is it possible to put it in the 360 and download it that way? I ask only because I know that most DLC Xbox games had the options directly through the menus, but what I'm unsure of is whether that content is actually even hosted anywhere anymore.

Thanks!

If you recover your 360 account to your regular xbox yes you can play games that way.

[quote name='007']Not to piggyback, but this is something I've been meaning to ask.

If there's a game for the original XBox that has downloadable content (say, Splinter Cell), is it possible to put it in the 360 and download it that way? I ask only because I know that most DLC Xbox games had the options directly through the menus, but what I'm unsure of is whether that content is actually even hosted anywhere anymore.

Thanks![/quote]

The last time I checked, yes you can. But I don't know when I last checked. July last year, I think.

Hmm, I never had to "recover" anything per se. I recently downloaded the new Halo 2 levels to my OG Xbox. After that I just turned on my 360 and downloaded the same levels. Now that I think of it, I haven't actually tested GAMEPLAY over original Xbox live... but I can vouch for the downloads working without a hitch, or without any special recovery procedure.

My account was created on the original Xbox, not sure if that makes a difference.

bread's done
Back