[Canada] Blockbuster Video: Free Coupon Pack with purchase of... wait a second

Ha. I realized that yesterday when I got my Gamer Pass at the nearest store. They said I could only use it at that store because they aren't connected. I was like, Oh Darn...Wait a second! Print Copies = 2 :)

Just used the gamer pass and ther 5$ off accessories coupons in Brandon. Once my 30 day trail expires I'll print off another one and use it at the other location in town. :D

[quote name='HeavyDutyKronos']Thanks neksus. I will try it later and post back. I'm picking up a PPG for myself to keep and play (downloaded the demo of Civ. Revolution last night and love it, so I want it). If the cops come for me, please print copies of the 'get out of jail free' coupon for me. ;)[/quote]

Got Civ. Revolution PS3 PPG for $22.50 +tx after coupon (reg. 29.99). Worked no problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gamer602']That idiot has reposted the thread three times now and now has it in the BBV minimum trade in $10 credit thread!!![/quote]
Bah, the guy's just a big doucher. You see he's got a couple quotes from CAG on how people hate him...what a waste of skin.

BTW thanks Firestorm, got the coupons no problem, I'll be sure to get some point cards once I'm no longer dirt poor.

edit: just a couple quick questions, how come the mods are "*******" the coupons that guy is posting? They seem to be legit, anyways. Also, one RFDer said BBV checks to see if you've purchased any Nintendo-related items. Has that happened to anyone? I've heard some success stories but no failures heh. Someone can PM me if they don't want that meathead having extra things to quote.

[quote name='TripleQ']Technically, it is fraud because you're not supposed to get them unless you bought the Wii bundle or whatever.[/quote]
Technically, the coupon/offer -- the legal offer tendered to customer -- says nothing about this as a requirement or part of the terms or conditions of redeeming it. It doesn't require UPC proof, proof of purchase, and makes no mention whatsoever that people who have not purchased a Wii/DS bundle should not use it or are ineligible. In fact the coupon makes no mention of the word 'Nintendo' or 'Wii' whatsoever.

[quote name='HeavyDutyKronos']Technically, the coupon/offer -- the legal offer tendered to customer -- says nothing about this as a requirement or part of the terms or conditions of redeeming it. It doesn't require UPC proof, proof of purchase, and makes no mention whatsoever that people who have not purchased a Wii/DS bundle should not use it or are ineligible. In fact the coupon makes no mention of the word 'Nintendo' or 'Wii' whatsoever.[/quote]
This. If there is no purchase required (there isn't), how is getting coupons fraud?
If they asked for a serial number or receipt number and people were using fake ones, THEN its fraud.

I don't care who the hell does what with what information - I just don't see the point in somebody who comes here and obviously knows about the deal and how quickly the RFD effect can kill current offers and any future ones would go against better judgment and post it on RFD.
Personally I'm sick of the drama on the boards, but I mean come on jett...wtf

[quote name='neksus']I don't care who the hell does what with what information - I just don't see the point in somebody who comes here and obviously knows about the deal and how quickly the RFD effect can kill current offers and any future ones would go against better judgment and post it on RFD.
[/quote]
Fully agreed. While sharing the deal is great, I'd rather it stay contained here where the ratio of hoarders to legitimate users is much lower. Short of becoming some secret society that only exchanges info via PM's and Emails, there isn't much we can do about it.

Fingers crossed that by the time I make it to BBV, the trial gamerpass coupon hasn't been discontinued.

[quote name='neksus']I don't care who the hell does what with what information - I just don't see the point in somebody who comes here and obviously knows about the deal and how quickly the RFD effect can kill current offers and any future ones would go against better judgment and post it on RFD.
Personally I'm sick of the drama on the boards, but I mean come on jett...wtf[/quote]

well at least i still have my account here. :)
no hard feelings neksus. you do a great job but you were wrong on this.
and i still don't care what you guys think of your secret society.
you aren't annnnnnnnnnnnnnny different than the crew on RFD.
if anything you're worse. at least they share.
so cheers to a long and fruitful friendship gents.

and let's keep those zingers coming so i can get a new sig up and running quickly. :booty:

[quote name='j940651']well at least i still have my account here. :)
no hard feelings neksus. you do a great job but you were wrong on this.
and i still don't care what you guys think of your secret society.
you aren't annnnnnnnnnnnnnny different than the crew on RFD.
if anything you're worse. at least they share.
so cheers to a long and fruitful friendship gents.

and let's keep those zingers coming so i can get a new sig up and running quickly. :booty:[/QUOTE]

haha cute. How long do you think you'll last here without getting banned.

Found a GT racing with wheel at eb for $10, so traded the crappy game and two others in...and am eating my doritos now. they had never seen the coupon and didn't know what to do with it, used a calculator to add the $5 back to my account. Don't get sweet chili heat unless you like it HOT. They still aren't getting in that many in trades, no where close to last summer. Lot of alone after dark there though.

[quote name='kylamb25']haha cute. How long do you think you'll last here without getting banned.[/quote]

i've been here awhile. i'll stay here awhile.
just remember if you pull any more shenanigans RFD will hear about it.
cause remember boys & girls: sharing is caring!
now come on!

GROOOOOOOOOOOOUP HUG!
:grouphug:

[quote name='zoro69']"previously banned troll", is this that hdken again?[/quote]

no that guy's a dick.
i'm far cooler. :roll:

i was j940651 on RFD before jett01.
j940651 account was banned when i went on this big swearing tirade against Setz and some other douche. which wasn't even directed at Setz... blah blah blah, life goes on. anyways i have to go out. i hope to come back to lots of talk about me. i crave it! lol my sig must be epic this time!
cheers mates.

You just don't know when to quit. I have no idea what makes you think we don't share. Most deals that aren't of this type (would die as soon as RFD gets its hands on it) are actually shared. I cross post across 3 forums for crying out loud. I'm either having an extreme case of deja vu or we have actually been over this before. Not to mention I've actually PMed a few RFD gamers with a link to CAG so that they didn't miss out on deals from here.

Hell, look at my topic creation history on RFD: http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/search.php?searchid=16603706

You've been banned before so obviously you know that you're breaking the rules there. Just stop visiting the sites then.

[quote name='zoro69']Found a GT racing with wheel at eb for $10, so traded the crappy game and two others in...and am eating my doritos now. they had never seen the coupon and didn't know what to do with it, used a calculator to add the $5 back to my account. Don't get sweet chili heat unless you like it HOT. They still aren't getting in that many in trades, no where close to last summer. Lot of alone after dark there though.[/quote]
Which store did you use it at? I've used it all three and I could only get plain Doritos, it's the only flavour that works with the coupon, if they try it with a different flavour the coupon gets rejected.

i.... dont think i can get involved in this.. nor want to :/

im going to go to blockbuster this week so i can make a account

and i may use the coupons when its been 2 weeks or so after i made the account ..... just to be safe :p

i've wanted BBV account for a while now...

Sorry Firestorm, you're link didn't work, but no worries. I think your contribution of the Planet Earth deal is evidence enough of your sharing, a ridiculous amount of people took advantage of that. Here's another link in that j738596 dude wants to get pwned. Here on CAG we make sure not to share deals that cannot be taken advantage of by douchebag RFDers like j696969.

Downtown. Never even scanned the coupon. It even says different sizes on the coupon so its for more then 1 variety.

When you put in your info to obtain the coupons, does it matter which store you select? I just picked the first one :lol:

Guys stop fighting.
OR somebody PM me and explain what the heck is going on.
So I finished Afro Samurai and grabbed Left 4 Dead. This game is so much fun!

[quote name='zoro69']Don't get sweet chili heat unless you like it HOT.[/quote]
I can't handle spicy foods, but I love Sweet Chili Heat Doritos. It's the toppermost poppermost!

I set up my game pass account and got a PS3 copy of Street Fighter IV. When I'm done with that I'll probably grab Left 4 Dead. I'm not much for first person shooters, but that was seriously fun the last time I played it.

I tried to use the $5 blu-ray coupon on a pre-viewed copy and it wouldn't scan. But the guy gave the discount to me anyways, he just had to do it manually.

[quote name='HeavyDutyKronos']Technically, the coupon/offer -- the legal offer tendered to customer -- says nothing about this as a requirement or part of the terms or conditions of redeeming it. It doesn't require UPC proof, proof of purchase, and makes no mention whatsoever that people who have not purchased a Wii/DS bundle should not use it or are ineligible. In fact the coupon makes no mention of the word 'Nintendo' or 'Wii' whatsoever.[/quote]

You could argue that, technically, acquiring the coupons is fraud, as to do so you're claiming to have purchased one of those products. There are no terms or conditions to redeeming it, but there are to its acquisition. Technically.

To j's point on RFD (I couldn't help but take a peek at that thread), I don't see anything worse here than abuse of the Amazon coupon -- in fact I'm probably more comfortable with this deal. That doesn't make him any less of an ass -- and I'm talking about his attitude, not his cross-posting of the deal.

As for "who's worse" I think there are good users on both forums. RFD has a much larger reach and that means anything posted there is gone quicker, which sucks for someone slow like me... but I don't like tarring them with the "they suck" brush... a lot of posters on that forum take issue with the same behaviours people on this forum attribute to RFD on the whole.

That being said, law of averages would also lead you to suspect that more of the jackasses who do do really lame stuff (like clearing out every copy of a cheap game) or even delve into the illegal (like fraudulent returns at Wal-Mart, etc.) are probably from there than here -- whether it be as active posters or lurkers.

[quote name='Azumangaman']Guys stop fighting.
OR somebody PM me and explain what the heck is going on.
So I finished Afro Samurai and grabbed Left 4 Dead. This game is so much fun![/quote]

L4D is crack. Zombie crack (those who play the hospital levels will get the double-pun). ;)

[quote name='SickBoy']You could argue that, technically, acquiring the coupons is fraud, as to do so you're claiming to have purchased one of those products. There are no terms or conditions to redeeming it, but there are to its acquisition. Technically.

To j's point on RFD (I couldn't help but take a peek at that thread), I don't see anything worse here than abuse of the Amazon coupon -- in fact I'm probably more comfortable with this deal. That doesn't make him any less of an ass -- and I'm talking about his attitude, not his cross-posting of the deal.

As for "who's worse" I think there are good users on both forums. RFD has a much larger reach and that means anything posted there is gone quicker, which sucks for someone slow like me... but I don't like tarring them with the "they suck" brush... a lot of posters on that forum take issue with the same behaviours people on this forum attribute to RFD on the whole.

That being said, law of averages would also lead you to suspect that more of the jackasses who do do really lame stuff (like clearing out every copy of a cheap game) or even delve into the illegal (like fraudulent returns at Wal-Mart, etc.) are probably from there than here -- whether it be as active posters or lurkers.[/quote]
:applause:
Best post I've read in ages.

Why can't the rest of you make rational, coherent, concise arguments like that? I guess I shouldn't have been surprised that my sage, reasonable remarks would be met with the ubiquitous flurry of "gay jokes" over on RFD.
You're all awfully paranoid: Quick to attack - Quick To defend.

When I made my point about you guys not sharing I guess I was making a point about the "Firestorm" of controversy that erupted. I received a ludicrous amount of PMs with name-calling and threats, plus all the posts here with the requisite "what a dumbass!" remarks, led me to believe that this forum was represented by a large faction of people who didn't like to share. Because here I was, being chastised for sharing.

So what you're now saying is: you share. But if it's a really good deal, you do not share? I'm being serious. How do you decide whether or not to share it? After you've used it - then you share it? And the follow-up, if the few of you HATE RFD soooo much, then why are you members?

Lastly and most curiously, which one of you has MOD privliges over at RFD?
How did my legitimate, truthful, word-for-word copies of YOUR OWN Coupon post get taken down so quickly? I almost gave up! Very weird, very conflict-of-interesty. It's like a company taking stories exposing it, out of the newspaper it owns.

Well. I had my fun. Maybe next time you want to avoid a mess like this, just loosen your sphincters a little like SickBoy and get a big cup of Apathy to go. If you guys hadn't made such a big fuss in the first place I wouldn't have been able to get my Troll points. :cool:

Cheers.

[quote name='game_fanatic']^^Thank God for the ignore button haha[/QUOTE]

+1 yup first time i have ever used the ignore feature...

[quote name='game_fanatic']^^Thank God for the ignore button haha[/quote]

Awwww you're a poor sport! You can dish gay jokes but you can't take well-founded, cogent debate? Sorry I can't lower myself to that grade-school level of taunting, I have ACTUAL points to make. :lol:

[quote name='j940651']:applause:

Why can't the rest of you make rational, coherent, concise arguments like that? I guess I shouldn't have been surprised that my sage, reasonable remarks would be met with the ubiquitous flurry of "gay jokes" over on RFD.
You're all awfully paranoid: Quick to attack - Quick To defend.

When I made my point about you guys not sharing I guess I was making a point about the "Firestorm" of controversy that erupted. I received a ludicrous amount of PMs with name-calling and threats, plus all the posts here with the requisite "what a dumbass!" remarks, led me to believe that this forum was represented by a large faction of people who didn't like to share. Because here I was, being chastised for sharing.

So what you're now saying is: you share. But if it's a really good deal, you do not share? I'm being serious. How do you decide whether or not to share it? After you've used it - then you share it? And the follow-up, if the few of you HATE RFD soooo much, then why are you members?

Lastly and most curiously, which one of you has MOD privliges over at RFD?
How did my legitimate, truthful, word-for-word copies of YOUR OWN Coupon post get taken down so quickly? I almost gave up! Very weird, very conflict-of-interesty. It's like a company taking stories exposing it, out of the newspaper it owns.

Well. I had my fun. Maybe next time you want to avoid a mess like this, just loosen your sphincters a little like SickBoy and get a big cup of Apathy to go. If you guys hadn't made such a big fuss in the first place I wouldn't have been able to get my Troll points. :cool:

Cheers.[/quote]

So i guess in your eyes, we're just a bunch of greedy bastards that do not share the good deals.

I can assure you none of us have MOD powers at RFD...cause if we did, no one would condone the discussion of fraud/petty crimes that is pretty rampant over there.

Anyways, have fun cross posting deals. I'm sure you will get beat by me as I have a longer history of doing so and know the tricks you dont. I know how to cross post in an instant. Try to beat me!

[quote name='j940651']:applause:

You're all awfully paranoid: Quick to attack - Quick To defend.[/quote]

That's pretty much what I said...I didn't name call or attack defend anything other than the mass ignorance of RFD because of it's huge user base.

[quote name='gamer602']So i guess in your eyes, we're just a bunch of greedy bastards that do not share the good deals.

I can assure you none of us have MOD powers at RFD...cause if we did, no one would condone the discussion of fraud/petty crimes that is pretty rampant over there.

Anyways, have fun cross posting deals. I'm sure you will get beat by me as I have a longer history of doing so and know the tricks you dont. I know how to cross post in an instant. Try to beat me![/quote]

no i don't want to cross post deals. im actually getting pretty sour on the whole experience. you guys take this stuff FAAAAAR too seriously. im just saying: if you guys say you dont mind sharing deals with RFD then why did i get flambasted for sharing the BBV Coupon deal? its confusing.

like you, your sig says DONT post on RFD but your post above me says youll outpost me in deals at RFD. which is it? you guys have so many weird codes of conduct and bizarre reactions to outsiders i guess. and the level of maturity in people espousing their feelings on ethics and morality is confounding. (gamer_fanatic: first reaction is gay jokes? like wtf?)

anyways, its beneath me. its fun but then when i realize you guys are getting mad for real i lose another ounce of faith in humanity.
and i didn't have much to start with.

peace.

[quote name='neksus']That's pretty much what I said...I didn't name call or attack defend anything other than the mass ignorance of RFD because of it's huge user base.[/quote]

and that's why you're a good guy and i respect you.
i just didn't see the big deal posting there. like some deals are ok for them, some are not. how do you judge which deal is going to be secret and which isn't?

I used the $5 off blu-ray and 25% off used game coupon today. The worker was like "damn I wish I could have gotten one of those blu-ray coupons". lol

I just traded four games today while the $10 per game promotion lasted, and I picked up 2 1400 points cards.

I was going to use the $5 off accessories coupon, but it was the same guy that was working when I used the free 30-day Gamepass trial a couple of days ago (I think he's the manager). I didn't want to bombard him with coupons and end up being questioned on it, because let's face it, I didn't buy any Wii bundle that would entitle me to use those coupons.

$5 off each of those points cards would've been sweet though.

I'm back after a long hiatus, AND THIS IS WHAT I SEE???!?!?!?

lol, don't care, the convos are interesting. As for the deal, I am completely lost as I just found out about it today? What is the best deal everyone is taking advantage of using the coupons?

Any examples? Thanks.

great coupons :) ...anyone know any good deals on ps2 games(meaning specific HI TIV, low buying price)? :D

yes im a n00b here

lair ps3 is 19.99 reg used price at BBV but ebgs tiv of it dropped down from 22 to 15 today :(

Things to post on RFD: Deals that will not be shut down due to overuse, deals that are not for limited quantities
Things to not post on RFD: The opposite of those, one specific deal would be Rogers 2 for $40

If you see someone like me who crossposts deals not post something on RFD, it probably means I don't think it should be on RFD ;)

klepto, we tend to frown on individuals buying games at a low price and turning them around for a profit...a CAG creed, if you will...P.S., if anyone is a fan of beer, I suggest Red Cap Ale, from Brick Brewery...it's $28.00 for a 24, and it's faaantastic!

bread's done
Back