"Oh, I don't have my receipt with me"
"Sorry, we need it."
"No you don't."
"Er. Yes I do."
"Are you kidding? Let me see your manager"
"Ok hold on."
"Good."
"Hello sir, what is the problem today?"
"This young man here won't let me use this coupon because I don't have a receipt."
"Sorry we need proof of purchase."
"That's unacceptable. What are your names? I'm going to call head office"[/quote]

Wow. That's almost literally how it went down with a guy I was waiting in line with at Zellers, during their bogus 2 for 30 sale. I was embarrassed that he kept fighting for it, so I just left instead of waiting to see the outcome...is a sale really worth that much trouble?

Wonder if he was an RFD user.

[quote name='neksus']For what it's worth, it's regular $9.99 at EB.[/quote]

Yea but its really hard to find at Ebgames. I called most of the ones in my area and none had the gold edition.

[quote name='Griptor']Wow. That's almost literally how it went down with a guy I was waiting in line with at Zellers, during their bogus 2 for 30 sale. I was embarrassed that he kept fighting for it, so I just left instead of waiting to see the outcome...is a sale really worth that much trouble?

Wonder if he was an RFD user.[/quote]

If someone did this where I was at I'd wait to see the outcome and if they said yes, I'd ask "well can I have some games 2 for 30 then too." He'd have done all the work :D

[quote name='Firestorm']"Oh, I don't have my receipt with me"
"Sorry, we need it."
"Ok. I'll bring it next time"
*leave*

Seems fairly obvious to me. Or I could go the RFD route:

"Oh, I don't have my receipt with me"
"Sorry, we need it."
"No you don't."
"Er. Yes I do."
"Are you kidding? Let me see your manager"
"Ok hold on."
"Good."
"Hello sir, what is the problem today?"
"This young man here won't let me use this coupon because I don't have a receipt."
"Sorry we need proof of purchase."
"That's unacceptable. What are your names? I'm going to call head office"[/quote]
This story will feel right at him here: http://notalwaysright.com/

Picked up GTA4 (PS3) for $29.65 with tax using the 25% off PPG coupon. It cost $34.99 befoire discount, so not too bad. :)

When paying, they asked me for my BBV card and I thought "Oh crap, now they'll see I didin't purchase a Wii", but she just wanted to link it to my account in case of refund!

Thanks OP!

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Picked up GTA4 (PS3) for $29.65 with tax using the 25% off PPG coupon. It cost $34.99 befoire discount, so not too bad. :)

When paying, they asked me for my BBV card and I thought "Oh crap, now they'll see I didin't purchase a Wii", but she just wanted to link it to my account in case of refund!

Thanks OP![/quote]

I used one the other day and the CSR asked me if I wanted to use my account or not.

I used one at the BB in Winnipeg at Portage and Sharp last week. No probs, didn't ask for a receipt or a membership or anything. Picked up a used copy of Assassin's Creed. Will probably head back at some point to grab some points cards, and I'll let you know how that goes. Also, the Westwood BB looks to have a WAY better used games selection, FYI.

So thanks for the coups, OP!

I was able to buy a 1400 live points card at the BBV in Clarkson, Mississauga using the $5 off accessories coupon, the code couldn't be scanned but they typed it in, thanks :).

so if you print the coupons at home using your own printer, do they still take those. Or do they still need the ones that nintendo sent you in the mail.

I used the $5 off accessories coupon for a 1400 live points card in Vancouver today without any problems. The lady had to scan my printout for a while but it eventually scanned in without her having to manually do it.

I used the %25 off a used game coupon without any problem. I'm planning to go back and get a couple of 1400 point cards also.

has anyone tried to use the same COUPON at the SAME BBV? it'll show up on ur account if u use it TWICE? or its just better to say u don't have account cuz ur NOT gonna return that game there :D

I have been rejected for using the same coupon twice (forgot which one I had used at that location). They've always asked for my membership since they know the coupons are one per account (not for the returning reason which they normally give).

[quote name='TripleQ']I have been rejected for using the same coupon twice (forgot which one I had used at that location). They've always asked for my membership since they know the coupons are one per account (not for the returning reason which they normally give).[/quote]

so did you go to another store and use it?

You can't use the same coupon twice ... each coupon has its own unique barcode. The retail system they use for payments knows when it has been redeemed, so don't bother even trying -- it just won't work.

------

Edit -- ok, I guess I was wrong. I was going by the barcodes that I saw and some that a friend had ... they were different. I'll eat a little crow on that one.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='j940651']so did you go to another store and use it?[/quote]

That's sounds fraudulent. If you got coupons and used them, be happy and celebrate by using the item/watching the movie/playing the game. Don't be a jerk and push it.
That's why we didn't want the deal posted to RFD, because there's a larger userbase there. A larger userbase means more people, which raises the possibility of the situation/suggestion that you and klepto asked about, to happen.

Nuff said?

[quote name='onemorechanc']You can't use the same coupon twice ... each coupon has its own unique barcode. The retail system they use for payments knows when it has been redeemed, so don't bother even trying -- it just won't work.[/quote]
They aren't unique, everyone got e-mailed the same coupons, you can use each of them once at each location

[quote name='onemorechanc']You can't use the same coupon twice ... each coupon has its own unique barcode. The retail system they use for payments knows when it has been redeemed, so don't bother even trying -- it just won't work.[/quote]

epic fail

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']That's sounds fraudulent. [/quote]

Sounds < Is

If you live in a city there's probably 5 more Blockbusters within a reasonable
distance. Why you should you lose out? It's up to Blockbuster to determine
what is and isn't a legit coupon - not me, and not you.

If you were interested in committing fraud you'd go to the 1% of
franchises that are asking for Nintendo Proof of Purchase with a phony receipt.
Or giving them another member's card... etc.
^ = Fraud.

Going to a store in the other 99% of reality isn't fraud.
But thanks for trying to enforce your morality on me.
I feel all warm and fuzzy inside now. :roll:

epic fail

[quote name='j940651']
Sounds < Is

If you live in a city there's probably 5 more Blockbusters within a reasonable
distance. Why you should you lose out? It's up to Blockbuster to determine
what is and isn't a legit coupon - not me, and not you.

If you were interested in committing fraud you'd go to the 1% of
franchises that are asking for Nintendo Proof of Purchase with a phony receipt.
Or giving them another member's card... etc.
^ = Fraud.

Going to a store in the other 99% of reality isn't fraud.
But thanks for trying to enforce your morality on me.
I feel all warm and fuzzy inside now. :roll:[/QUOTE]

fuck yeah, snarkiness! Totally unexpected from you :lol:

And Wow, I noticed I said SOUNDS too. Could I have done that on purpose, without needing your observational detective work that sounds =/= is? Hmmmm...

Anyway, I don't think you realize that I wasn't really addressing you in my response. Your assinine logic isn't worth dealing with, your shitty attitude won't change, and you're clearly an attention whore/sociopath who thinks you're owed something. I just want to exert my "moral influence" over newer members who read your shit and think we're all shady pricks like you.
You're here and you proudly brought your gangsta-speak friends with you because CAGs offended you with our RFD bashing? Seriously, GTFO, do you post that crap with a straight face?:rofl: Look who's was talking about morals now, the RFD crusader.
Really, the things you say are aimed at getting a reaction, positive or negative. You'll either get kicked from this site (like you did once at RFD, HDKen) or better yet, we'll collectively ignore you.

I, for one, am done Feeding The Troll.$

I'm not HDKen. I was Jett01 and J940651 on RFD.
And no I don't post with a straight face. :lol:
I don't take any of this seriously. This is ALL ridiculous.
You people get all worked up over who said what and did what to who.
You "cool kids" even have to make your own little club inside a club to whine in! LOL!

So I don't cry when people hoard. I used to get worked up about it.
Now it's just about sharing and not caring what people think.
And yeah I think I'm entitled to whatever deals I can find and it's
my duty to share them regardless of how "cool" the URL is.

Nothing makes me laugh more than you "elitists" who think you're better
than someone else cause of what forum you post on!
IT'S THE INTERNET. NO ONE CARES WHAT YOU THINK.
Share, Hoard, Spend, Save... pffft!
Have fun!

EDIT: I hope you do ignore me. Sadly I don't think you have the intestinal fortitude.
I forsee this "Blockbuster Coupons are Fraud!" debate going on past the June 5 expiration date.

Last edited by a moderator:
i suppose getting a used game like fallout 3 for 43bux is 'worth it' ? i can't blive ebg sells it for 64.99 !!! im amazed that someone wud actually buy it there for that price...thats insane!!! ...too bad its only 5bux off accessories...b nice to have it 25% :)

this has already been established.
you can use the same coupon in different stores.
they all have the same un-unique barcodes.
i don't know about using them in the same store.
i have enough BBV's in my area i don't need to try repeating myself.

[quote name='Firestorm']They don't seem to be image links so I can't save them as images. It doesn't take much time so just do it yourself guys =P

And yes, try to keep off RFD please. Something tells me the amount of people using it if that happens would have BlockBuster removing the promotion entirely. I think it's inevitable though.[/quote]

I hear you. We don't want another scandal like this:
http://www.financialpost.com/personal-finance/story.html?id=1071205

[quote name='katamaris4ever']I hear you. We don't want another scandal like this:
http://www.financialpost.com/personal-finance/story.html?id=1071205[/quote]

yes that's a good idea, let us all keep these coupons off RFD.
if anyone posted them there, surely it would be the end of the world as we know it and
we'd have to create a private deals section on this board to prevent such occurrences. :ziplip:
i mean, in the unlikely event that were to happen... :whistle2:$

Bad news guys.

I was just at the BBV at Queen and Spadina in Toronto and the cashier said that the policy was up to the discretion of the stores to use now. She said that her particular store would not be taking the Game Pass coupons anymore and it sounded like they would be discontinuing the entire promotion soon.

Better be quick!

I used 2 coupons today for 25% off used games. The employee had never seen the coupon before and ask where i got it. So I explained the promo to her and she seemed happy as she bought a DS last week.

I used one of the 25% off coupons today and again they didn't even ask for my account # so I can use it again at that location.

do we have to have an account at bbv to use the coupon?
i dont know what i would say if they asked me for my account because I never registered for one. (forgot my id last time to register)

so if we NEVER show our account card to them, can we use this coupon at the SAME store( diff employee ) correct? but im thinking if u paid by that BBV trading card, they will have a record of u using the coupon?

Oh yeah used the 5 bucks off on a blu-ray and 5 bucks of for some MS points. I got asked for my card this time though so might nor be able to use it again at that location again. Fine with me since I've used them plenty already.

Used a 5$ off coupon to get a 1400 MS points card on Friday. No problem at all. The guy was surprised by the coupon, I guess he had never seen one before.

Hopefully they'll still take my other 25% off used game when I eventually get around to picking up Fallout 3.

I think the deal might be dead, I got rejected using a 25% off used game coupon without showing a membership card. They said it was previously used March 22??

[quote name='TripleQ']I think the deal might be dead, I got rejected using a 25% off used game coupon without showing a membership card. They said it was previously used March 22??[/quote]

how could they say when you used the coupon WITHOUT looking at your membership? they scanned the coupon and it came up that SOMEONE ELSE had used a coupon with that same barcode? the CSR thought that it was unique to only one person?

[quote name='j940651']how could they say when you used the coupon WITHOUT looking at your membership? they scanned the coupon and it came up that SOMEONE ELSE had used a coupon with that same barcode? the CSR thought that it was unique to only one person?[/quote]

Yeah, it kind of caught me off guard so I didn't press it any further... I was thinking maybe BBV has blocked the coupon or something and that's how it shows up on the computer now.

[quote name='TripleQ']Yeah, it kind of caught me off guard so I didn't press it any further... I was thinking maybe BBV has blocked the coupon or something and that's how it shows up on the computer now.[/quote]

did this just happen today?
the bbv coupon page says they stopped giving them out yesterday.
i don't know if that makes any difference since they say Expires June 4 on them.
i guess it's Dead at Your Store. we shall see if it's a trend.

bread's done
Back