Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
img.aspx

http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=650197

Ok there is a LOT of stuff. Click it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Suddenly I'm not sure if I should go to amazon or dell for a cheap fable 2...

I want ACwii, Last remnant, Fallout 3, Gears2 and Dead Space for 39.99 or less :)

One thing I hate: Fake video game advertisements.

Way to use a PS controller with your Xbox, guys.

[quote name='Rocky071']One thing I hate: Fake video game advertisements.

Way to use a PS controller with your Xbox, guys.[/quote]
Better than the one with the Japanese girls 'playing' an unplugged Xbox!

Day 1 is up, Can anyone say weak?

NHL 2k9 (Wii) - $39.99
Rock Band 2 SE (XBOX 360) - $184.99
Wii + Wii Play + Super Smash Bros. Brawl - $359.99

[quote name='Corizzle']Day 1 is up, Can anyone say weak?

NHL 2k9 (Wii) - $39.99
Rock Band 2 SE (XBOX 360) - $184.99
Wii + Wii Play + Super Smash Bros. Brawl - $359.99[/quote]

Aren't those the sidebar sales? The main ones are the three PCs right?

[quote name='custo']These are all weak, amazon.ca gives you 15$+ off almost every game and their shipping is better.[/quote]
Do you mean including that coupon code? Cause otherwise they give 10% off at most. Considering most people wouldn't even know about the coupon code, $10 off is decent.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Do you mean including that coupon code? Cause otherwise they give 10% off at most. Considering most people wouldn't even know about the coupon code, $10 off is decent.[/quote]

Ya i meant coupon included, since most people on RFD or on this forum know about the code.

Yeah, but fraud is bad. And besides, doesn't Amazon eventually just ban your shipping address for life? Doesn't seem worth it...

[quote name='CHW']Yeah, but fraud is bad. And besides, doesn't Amazon eventually just ban your shipping address for life? Doesn't seem worth it...[/quote]

+1, it's also a hassle to create one account per game.

I would expect similarly week deals for the rest of the weak.

Anyone pre-ordering anything from Dell is asking for trouble. It took 4 months for people to get their Mario Kart.

And how is ordering something the day it hits stores pre-ordering? ;)

I love the jealous haters who are speaking out against people using the $10 Amazon coupon. It's there. Use it. Love it. I can't believe someone is actually claiming it is a "hassle" to use the coupon. The only inconvenience is having to enter your mailing address. Some hassle.

The amazon $10 'deal' is a lame exploit. I tire of seeing threads talking about it.

This deal is pretty good but I missed the games I might have wanted. It makes you wonder how many copies they have allocated for this sale.

Last year I ordered quite a few games from Dell.ca and had 0 problems.

there is 4 more days to come. I'm sure there will be deals with the 10/15$ off the big new releases soon, just like there was for mass effect, assassins creed and smsb last year.

[quote name='BobFromPikeCreek']Sorry to ask this here, but I looked everywhere. What's this Amazon coupon code you guys are talking about? I really like the sounds of it.[/quote]MAPNEWCsomething. Search "amazon" here or check the first page of the gaf thread, I think I put it there.

I don't really think of it as fraud, but hey if they stop it they stop it. It's worked on me. I bought a $25 game but added two Penny Arcade books on top to use the coupon making me spend more than I would have without it :( Damn you Amazon. Damn you.

I just use the gmail trick (put the period in different parts of the email).

Don't know why I didn't think to check the GAF thread. Anyway, I tried to use it and got this:
"We're sorry, but this offer was issued by one of our international sites and may not be used toward a purchase at Amazon.com. Please refer to your promotional certificate for full details."

Which is weird because I was on Amazon.ca. Damn.

Oh boy! $10 off a game that's $10 more expensive than everywhere else. Where do I sign up?

Day 2 better be a Wii for $170, or there will be an issuance of "teh suck'n'blow"

[quote name='Zing']I love the jealous haters who are speaking out against people using the $10 Amazon coupon. It's there. Use it. Love it. I can't believe someone is actually claiming it is a "hassle" to use the coupon. The only inconvenience is having to enter your mailing address. Some hassle.[/quote]

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. I just get tired of everyone pulling the Amazon card every time there's a deal on a game. It's like people saying it's cheaper on eBay.

[quote name='halcyon1234']Oh boy! $10 off a game that's $10 more expensive than everywhere else. Where do I sign up?[/quote]

Really? Where is there a game that's $10 above MSRP?

[quote name='Firestorm']MAPNEWCsomething. Search "amazon" here or check the first page of the gaf thread, I think I put it there.

I don't really think of it as fraud, but hey if they stop it they stop it. It's worked on me. I bought a $25 game but added two Penny Arcade books on top to use the coupon making me spend more than I would have without it :( Damn you Amazon. Damn you.

I just use the gmail trick (put the period in different parts of the email).[/quote]

Do you start a new account???

[quote name='gamer602']Do you start a new account???[/quote]
Yeah, but it's really only one screen more than you'd need to go through compared to an old one. just cheap.ass.gamer vs cheapassgamer vs cheapass.gamer. No need to make a new email each time, just account.

[quote name='CHW'] And besides, doesn't Amazon eventually just ban your shipping address for life? [/quote]
Uhh... is there any truth to this? Sounds ridiculous.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Uhh... is there any truth to this? Sounds ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

no, lmfao, the poster doesn't know jack shyt.
ive had friends who uses this coupon everytime... guess what? address banned? noo... the stuff keeps on coming.

[quote name='iLLuSioNS']no, lmfao, the poster doesn't know jack shyt.
ive had friends who uses this coupon everytime... guess what? address banned? noo... the stuff keeps on coming.[/quote]

Just because you haven't experienced it doesn't mean it doesn't ever happen. :roll:

Bioshock at full MSRP is a joke.

[quote name='iLLuSioNS']no, lmfao, the poster doesn't know jack shyt.
ive had friends who uses this coupon everytime... guess what? address banned? noo... the stuff keeps on coming.[/quote]
Hmm. I used the code on 5 games at once. They just shipped the 2nd one, no problems yet.

well looks like today is 10$ off for all available consoles:

- gears 2
- tom clancy's end war
- fifa 09
- guitar hero world tour guitar bundle

[quote name='danthemightyone']Day 3

Guitar Hero World Tour, GoW2, Fifa 09, EndWar, some DS games. meh![/QUOTE]

GoW2 is even more meh because it's that price for the rest of the week regardless.

Waiting for the uber cheap Wario Land Shake It, Kirby Super Star DS, maaaaybe a heavily discounted Wii Music. :lol:

[quote name='Spades22']These "deals" are awful. 10$ off? ...[/QUOTE]

you realize that these deals are for brand new releases ... ? did you expect to get them for half price or something?

[quote name='EvilMario']Waiting for the uber cheap Wario Land Shake It, Kirby Super Star DS, maaaaybe a heavily discounted Wii Music. :lol:[/quote]

Kirby Ultra is 25 bucks on Amazon.ca since before release; it's a Nintendo game that's cheaper than a lot of DS games with more replay value AND coop mode (but you need two copies).
There is really no reason to buy Kirby Ultra right now unless you hate phun! >:p

[quote name='poiuiu']Kirby Ultra is 25 bucks on Amazon.ca since before release; it's a Nintendo game that's cheaper than a lot of DS games with more replay value AND coop mode (but you need two copies).
There is really no reason to buy Kirby Ultra right now unless you hate phun! >:p[/quote]

End of the month will sing a differen't tune on a lot of these titles I've been missing, but YOU should know that. :p

[quote name='Corizzle']Picked up the GHWT guitar bundle.

Don't need another set of drums but could use a new guitar.[/quote]

Is there any word as to how much the controllers will cost on their own? The only pricing I can find is for the bundle.

(Basically trying to figure out if it's worth buying the non-bundle, then the periph's used later once they start getting traded in)

[quote name='dave17']you realize that these deals are for brand new releases ... ? did you expect to get them for half price or something?[/quote]

Unless they've had another one of these during the last year, the last time around, they took (at least) $15 off the price. It may have been more for 360 and PS3, but I didn't buy anything for those systems (did get Smash Bros. preorder and Galaxy for $35, though*)

I'm up around the time the deals have gone up, and I guess there's been some OK stuff, but you really kind of think twice when you're not getting more off. I think $10 off is a pretty good deal, but I'll bet I'm not the only one who was around for the last sale that was expecting better.

*Well, in the end, I cancelled Galaxy and got it for the same price elsewhere due to Dell-ays (har har), but that's beside the point.

Animal Crossing, finally! Wa.. wait, a minute. Are all these Wii games 'on-sale' full price?

Weak Loonie strikes, or more cold deals?

edit: Haha, wellllll.. this morning it said $49.99 for all the Wii titles. I'm sure of it. Of course, it was prior to any coffee.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, last year a lot of the deals were 15$ off and well maybe they listened and made some of the sales 15$ off today. I bought fallout 3 (50$) and banjo and kazooie (25$). I thinking about buying banjo for 40$, but at 25$ I will definitely bite. and with the loonie being at 79 cents today, that's paying less than 20$ US for a new release lol.

ps I'm not sure where you're looking at, but the animal crossing game says its 40$, reduced from 50$.

I ordered Banjo-Kazooie, you can't go wrong at that price. Since the Dell warehouse is pretty close to me, there's a good chance I'll have it that Monday it comes out (assuming it ships on time). I think now I might pre-order it at EB as well, just to get the code for the XBLA game.

[quote name='danthemightyone']Banjo and Kazooie is so temptiing at this price. Anyone know if it comes with original B&K live code?[/quote]

I want to know too because at that price B&K is tempting as hell... My wallet is going to hate me :(

bread's done
Back