[Canada] EB Games, Blockbuster Video, and Future Shop Trade-in Values List

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Update 3: The new website is http://www.tivs.ca thanks to neksus!

Update 2:

Lone Prodigy is awesome and made a new one: http://ebtradeinvalues.scribblewiki.com/Main_Page

Update:
Please update the wiki yourself. The new wiki is http://www.citgocapital.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

RFDers use/edit it as well.

Alright, the Americans have a wiki page with all the EB Games trade-in values and I figured we might as well start one for the Canadian EB. It's good reference for if we ever want to sell our soul or maybe take advantage of loopholes in their promos! I'll try and keep the list updated as much as possible.

If you have info to add, please do so in the following format:
*Game Name - $# - Month Day, Year
For example:
*Sonic Mega Collection - $8 - September 29th, 2006.

Group them by system please!

Wiki Link: http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/EB_trade_in_values_-_Canada

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gamer602']Mario Kart-$37!!!!

ghost RECON 1 360>>$11!!!!>They sold this for 4.99 for that last 6 months!!! now the tiv is 11![/quote]

That doesn't make sense! This does make me want to trade in my copy though...

gta4 trades in with a coupon, for full retail. gonna have to grab the coupon later tonight, unless someone has one and can scan it, if not i'll have to do the honors later :)

[quote name='JnJosh']gta4 trades in with a coupon, for full retail. gonna have to grab the coupon later tonight, unless someone has one and can scan it, if not i'll have to do the honors later :)[/quote]

=O! Seriously? For how long? That's a great deal. I wasn't thinking of picking it up, but getting it at Superstore with the free 1400 points and then trading it in near the end of the coupon seems good to me. I'll pick it up again and finish it during Rogers 2 for $40 or something >_> Unless they give us as much time as they did with the Halo 3 coupon deal.

I'm pretty sure the trade-in is only good if you buy from EB Games >_> I could be wrong, though. And it's good until May 13.

GRAW's trade in value is still $11. I traded it in towards Lego Indiana Jones today. Also traded Splinter Cell(360) and Marvel: Ultimate Alliance. Both are over $8.

[quote name='TtotheE']GRAW's trade in value is still $11. I traded it in towards Lego Indiana Jones today. Also traded Splinter Cell(360) and Marvel: Ultimate Alliance. Both are over $8.[/quote]

I can verify that, I traded in GRAW for $11 towards GTA4 today. Wooh! Thanks for the heads up on that, gamer602. That was awesome. :D

As of this morning (April 29, 2008)

PS2
Ace Combat 4...................$6.01 (no idea why the extra penny, but it's my receipt)
Simpsons Hit & Run..........$3.00
Madden 03.......................$0.25
Hustle Detroit Streets......$1.00
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter.....$3.00
True Crimes Streets of LA......$1.00
Call of Duty: Finest Hour........$7.00
Gun..................$1.00
ATV Off Road Fury.......$0.50
NHL 05..................$0.50
Tony Hawk Proskater 4.........$1.00
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2..........$6.00
NHL 01.............$1.00
Cabela's Outdoor Adventures............$8.00

Eyetoy only........$5.00

Gamecube
Harry Potter...............................$3.00
Rampage Total Destruction........$3.00

I should've posted this earlier, but this is what I found out today:
April 29, 2008

DS
Yoshi's Island DS - $14

Xbox 360
GRAW - $11 (I still don't understand why...but I wont complain)
Frontlines - $35
Bullet Witch - $2

Man, I can't believe GRAW is worth $11. I traded that to BBV back in October as I didn't think it would be worth $8 at EB....hell, I got it for $10 at EB back in October.

[quote name='Kekumba']Man, I can't believe GRAW is worth $11. I traded that to BBV back in October as I didn't think it would be worth $8 at EB....hell, I got it for $10 at EB back in October.[/quote]

GRAW used to be a pack-in game, it is not anymore so the amount of copies being traded in probably dropped significantly so they must have raised the used price and trade-in value.

what about jericho and sega rally?

Just a guess but under $8 for sure, probably around $2-3

There's a trade in 3 get it free weekend pre-order coming up Friday May 16th to Sunday May 18th. Reserve any new release. I got the flyer today at EB.

yesterday

Naruto uzumaki chronicals 2 - 16$ (still? wow)
Syphon filter Dark mirror - 13$ (went up 1?)

xbox titles
DDR ultraremix 2 - 10$
painkiller 14$

Is GTA IV still good for trade in 3? If so, if you're too eager to reserve a game, you could just trade in the 3 for GTA and get $60 credit and put that towards anything :)

1) thats only good at certain stores, some w/ coupon only
2) you could just trade 3, get a game, come back and return it unopened for store credit i'm sure
3) most employees let you put the trade 3 titles towards anything anyway

4) MLB 2k8 SUCKS WOW I HATE THIS GAME, can't believe this was rated over a 4, the show kicks the ship out of it. disgusting.

I went to my local Gamestop since there was way too many people at EB Games. The Gamestop locations (I saw two of them in Quebec) tend to be more spacious anyway, and you actually have some space to walk around the store.

'Nyway, I traded in...

GRAW 1 - 11$ (the clerk was flabbergasted)
GRAW 2 - 13$
Marvel Ultimate Alliance - 8$ (the clerk was just staring at it)

I wanted a copy of COD4: Game of the Year, but they didn't allow that...(only GTA4 or upcoming releases are allowed it seems). So I pre-ordered Ninja Gaiden 2. Not a bad deal.

Thanks for the heads up on GRAW 1 and MUA!

Im trading in GRAW. THE DARKNESS and QUAKE 4 tomorrow.

not of the tivs better go down from today :bomb:

edit darkness is 5$ :eek: good thing I called

Hey so does anyone have a list of current T3G1F? I know the everything applies weekend is coming up... but seeing as my rides to an EB Games are scarce I may not have a chance to go then.

I'm mainly interested in Haze, Too Human and Ninja Gaiden II... but there's probably others I'm missing!

haze msg4 iron man kung fu panda boom blox lego jones indiana

plus a couple more my mind is blank.

MLB2k8 - 35$ (360)
Ikaruga 8$ (GCN) - didnt trade in heh

Ikaruga 8$ (GCN) - didnt trade in heh

Good call, even though it could be bumped up to $20 for T3G1F. I remember I went in with this game a couple of years ago (for curiousity's sake) and they said the TIV was $1 O_O

And thanks for the list. I think I'll go with Haze.

Has anyone in the GTA been able to trade for IRON MAN recently? I tried last friday but, was told it's not on the list then I called 4 stores today and I am getting the runaround. Basically they are out of stock or it is no longer available for pre-order.

i just got iron man last night, traded 3 for it as well

23$ TIV too, havent beat it yet so will hold off trading it

[quote name='JnJosh']i just got iron man last night, traded 3 for it as well

23$ TIV too, havent beat it yet so will hold off trading it[/quote]

Hey JnJosh where were you able to pick it up for trade 3?

guelph ontario, mention that most stores allow up to 2 weeks after the game is released for the trade 3 to be done. its been just over 2 days so i can't see the problem.

[quote name='d_bomb_23']is Wii fit still trade 3 and get it for $20?[/quote]

very likely, but most stores I've talked too are no longer taking preorders for Wii Fit due to the long list they already have and the likely shortage coming.

Hey so when they ask for ID (usually Driver's License), what exactly do they need off of it? I don't have a driver's license (I'm 17, by the way) but I do have a photo health card... will that work?

[quote name='Skardee']Hey so when they ask for ID (usually Driver's License), what exactly do they need off of it? I don't have a driver's license (I'm 17, by the way) but I do have a photo health card... will that work?[/quote]

yes

[quote name='Skardee']Hey so does anyone have a list of current T3G1F? I know the everything applies weekend is coming up... but seeing as my rides to an EB Games are scarce I may not have a chance to go then.

I'm mainly interested in Haze, Too Human and Ninja Gaiden II... but there's probably others I'm missing![/quote]

apparently there is another TI3G1F any preorder weekend coming up soon....

I used the last one to grab a NGII preorder.

well, you could get haze than return it in a week and put the money back on either Too Human or NGII which is what I plan to do, maybe Star wars force unleashed.

anyways if this is true i plan on trading in Iron Man this weekend and go out looking for games for this trade 3 event, i like it :)

[quote name='JnJosh']anyways if this is true i plan on trading in Iron Man this weekend and go out looking for games for this trade 3 event, i like it :)[/quote]

I was not impressed with Iron Man demo. You are trading it in already? Is it that bad?

Well just came back from Eb and my stories:
Ontario health card on its own is NOT acceptable at EB Games. I was allowed, however, to couple it with my (non-photo) birth certificate. Not sure about the fine details, but I got to trade stuff in! And here are those values:

PSP:
God of War: Chains of Olympus: $22 (EB Canada's site says $16 >_>)

DS:
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin - $8 (used for T3GF)

Xbox:
Halo 2 - $12 (Xbox games no longer work for T3GF! Didn't ask about GC/PS2)

Xbox 360:
Marvel Ultimate Alliance Gold - $10 (used for T3GF)
Madden 08 - $11 (used for T3GF)
Assassin's Creed - $24
Burnout Paradise - $35

I got Haze pre-ordered and $93 credit =D

skardee that's sort of weird, xbox games suddenly don't work anymore for T3G1F hmm, I traded painkiller for iron man on sunday, so this is either sudden news or just at your store. Games like DOA XBV and Marvel vs capcom should be able to be traded in, regardless of system because they will be bought pretty much right away.

Dan, i just actually beat the game, dont want to do it on hard and may try for one last achievement but truthfully i knew it was a rental, i just had 3 bbv games i knew would work, traded in for something new to trade into BBV later for basically my money back. probaby 42 or 36$ tiv which will serve me well. Keep in mind i really like iron man and just because the demo was pretty horrible its not a bad game. Hard at times but rewarding.

Edit: I have to comment on the fact most games are really decent trade in values as of late, Burnout Paradise 35$ still? MUA is up again and even GOW:COO for psp has a higher TIV than the site, just plain good things coming from EB these past weeks, really really impressed.

Values as of today:

PC

Age of Empires III 10.00

Xbox

NHL 2004 0.50
Medal of Honor: Rising Sun 2.00
Tiger Woods 2005 5.00
Need for Speed Underground 1.00
Bicycle Card Games 2.00
Project Gotham Racing 0.50
Star Wars Battlefront 3.00
Unreal Championship 0.50
Madden 2004 0.50
Rallisport Challenge 1.00
Need for Speed Underground 2 2.00
Simpsons Hit & Run 6.00
Need for Speed Most Wanted 3.00
Crimsion Sky 0.50
Halo 5.00
Amped 1.00
Fable 2.00
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfare 2.00

Xbox 360

Command & Conquer 3 10.00
Halo 3 18.00
Gears of War 30.00
Xbox Live Unplugged (The one that came with 360) 3.00

[quote name='JnJosh']skardee that's sort of weird, xbox games suddenly don't work anymore for T3G1F hmm, I traded painkiller for iron man on sunday, so this is either sudden news or just at your store. Games like DOA XBV and Marvel vs capcom should be able to be traded in, regardless of system because they will be bought pretty much right away.

Dan, i just actually beat the game, dont want to do it on hard and may try for one last achievement but truthfully i knew it was a rental, i just had 3 bbv games i knew would work, traded in for something new to trade into BBV later for basically my money back. probaby 42 or 36$ tiv which will serve me well. Keep in mind i really like iron man and just because the demo was pretty horrible its not a bad game. Hard at times but rewarding.

Edit: I have to comment on the fact most games are really decent trade in values as of late, Burnout Paradise 35$ still? MUA is up again and even GOW:COO for psp has a higher TIV than the site, just plain good things coming from EB these past weeks, really really impressed.[/quote]

As of March 1, XBOX games no longer qualifies for any trade in promotions. Since this is EB were talking about, many associates have no idea about it. I have yet to be denied, even thou im sure itll happen soon. In the last flyer (GTA 4 COVER) they made a mistake, and xbox games was listed as acceptable under the trade 3 offer...use that as your ammo! Good luck CAGS! class dismissed!

Oh crap they don't? I was thinking of trading in Halo, Halo 3, and maybe something else + a bunch of other games next time Trade 8 for $200 off was on x.x

[quote name='Firestorm']Oh crap they don't? I was thinking of trading in Halo, Halo 3, and maybe something else + a bunch of other games next time Trade 8 for $200 off was on x.x[/quote]

I know, it's kind of weird. I mean... if Halo 2 is worth $12, why wouldn't they take the game? They obviously value it as something worthwhile >_>
Of course, this was before the employee realized that Halo 2 wasn't even one of my 3 least expensive games... but that's beside the point!

bread's done
Back