[Canada] EB Games, Blockbuster Video, and Future Shop Trade-in Values List

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Update 3: The new website is http://www.tivs.ca thanks to neksus!

Update 2:

Lone Prodigy is awesome and made a new one: http://ebtradeinvalues.scribblewiki.com/Main_Page

Update:
Please update the wiki yourself. The new wiki is http://www.citgocapital.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

RFDers use/edit it as well.

Alright, the Americans have a wiki page with all the EB Games trade-in values and I figured we might as well start one for the Canadian EB. It's good reference for if we ever want to sell our soul or maybe take advantage of loopholes in their promos! I'll try and keep the list updated as much as possible.

If you have info to add, please do so in the following format:
*Game Name - $# - Month Day, Year
For example:
*Sonic Mega Collection - $8 - September 29th, 2006.

Group them by system please!

Wiki Link: http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/EB_trade_in_values_-_Canada

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi gang. Just did some minor trades:

PSP

Neopets = $3

PS2

The Getaway = $1
The Getaway 2 = $1
KillZone = $3
Genji = $3
Dynasty Warriors 4 = $3
Siren = $2

Xbox 360

The Darkness = $2

[quote name='Azumangaman']Ouch. Please don't tell me you traded those in!
I would've happily given you more than $3 for the Neopets PSP game and KillZone...[/quote]

Really? Oh well... do you live in Toronto? Thank goodness I always buy duplicates. ;)

No, but I live 45 minutes from Toronto. Not saying I'd pay $10000, but I'd certainly give you more than $3 a piece.

Personally, I could never trade in anything for less than $8(DURING THE TRADE3). I really don't like trading games in unless I HATE them.

Found out a few TIVs when I went to preorder MGS4 LE and Burst Limit, some suprised the hell out of me:

1080 Avalance (GCN): $9
Marvel Ultimate Alliance (360): $8 (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Unreal Tournament 3 (PS3): $8
Resistance (PS3): $22
Super Mario Galaxy (Wii): $35
NHL 08 (360): $20
Bioshock (360): $15
Metroid Prime 3 (Wii): $18

I traded in 1080, Marvel, and UT3 for $69.99 off the MGS4 LE, then traded in Galaxy, NHL 08, and Bioshock for $70 worth of credit which paid for DBZ Burst Limit and the remaining $10 off MGS4. Nows the time to start whipping out those dusty Marvel Ultimate Alliance's and trade them in. Was a bit dissapointed in the TIV for UT3 though.

Some values as of today:

PS2
Naruto Ultimate Ninja $5 (picked up used copy of BA51 $4.99)
Naruto Ultimate Ninja 2 $8 (used for trade 3 Haze)

XBox360
Forza 2 $8 (used for trade 3 Haze)
Crackdown $8 (used for trade 3 Haze)

Tried to go in for my 3-1 and the Hot Wheels (360) I posted last week already dropped to 6, so short one game again! Apparently it's on sale right now. TIVs seem to be changing almost daily. Going to try to find another for my trade 3!

thats one of the downsides to a sale like game days, so many games going down which ultimately means tivs too. and so this is not a mahjonic post i will add some

From RFD
Battalion wars 2 and MP3 for Wii : 9$

who buys these games to trade them back in anyway? both are A++ games! liking battalion wars so far anyway :)

[quote name='JnJosh']thats one of the downsides to a sale like game days, so many games going down which ultimately means tivs too. and so this is not a mahjonic post i will add some

From RFD
Battalion wars 2 and MP3 for Wii : 9$

who buys these games to trade them back in anyway? both are A++ games! liking battalion wars so far anyway :)[/quote]

I knew I should have bought BW2 when I went to EB to get MP3. How are you liking BW2? Good first (and hopefully lasting) impressions?

Hi everyone. I did some trading and also asked for some trade-in values on certain games. I hope this helps some ppl here. I lost out on a few games so I want to spare the pain to my friends here on CAG. I decided to keep some cause the values were too low for me to give up.

I'm from the Toronto area.

PS2

Buzz Jr. Jungle Party = $5 (even with controllers or without, still $5)
Juiced 2 = $6
Shrek 2 = $4
Naruto Uzumaki Chronicles 2 = $8
Tony Hawk: Downhill Jam = $7
Nicktoons United = $8 or 9

PS3

The Darkness = $6

Wii

Mario & Sonic at the Olympics = $10

Xbox 360

Timeshift = $3
Spiderman 3 = $8
Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars = $10
Ghost Recon Advanced Warrior = $8
Ghost Recon Advanced Warrior 2 = $13
Spiderman: Friend or Foe = $5
Crackdown = $8 or 9

Hey Lone_Prodigy, I've noticed that some trade-in values may be region specific. For example, I think I read either on here or RFD that Juiced 2 for PS2 and Shrek 2 work. But those were posted by individuals who live in Vancouver. Here in Toronto, Juiced 2 and Shrek 2 are only worth $6 & $4 respectively. So just thought I'd mention that. Perhaps we should ask all posters to say which region they're from if it doesn't say so on the side, underneath the poster's name. Also, I get the feeling that the values are changing on a daily basis.

One more thing I should mention is that after this sale is done on June 23rd, most of the game's trade-in values may increase again (just something one manager told me).

ps. Just need some advice ppl... do you think I should give up my Forza 2 Collector's Edition for $10 and my Gran Turismo 5 Prologue for $18? I'd like to hear what you guys think. Thanks ppl. (I was told that Forza 2 regular edition is just $6).

[quote name='tigerhawk33']Hey Lone_Prodigy, I've noticed that some trade-in values may be region specific. For example, I think I read either on here or RFD that Juiced 2 for PS2 and Shrek 2 work. But those were posted by individuals who live in Vancouver. Here in Toronto, Juiced 2 and Shrek 2 are only worth $6 & $4 respectively. So just thought I'd mention that. Perhaps we should ask all posters to say which region they're from if it doesn't say so on the side, underneath the poster's name. Also, I get the feeling that the values are changing on a daily basis.[/quote]

I used juiced 2 (ps2) last week and I live in ontario. Recently it went on sale for $9.99 at EBGAMES so I assume that they adjusted the trade value so it couldn't be used for trade in deals at their stores. Shrek 2 used to work as well but, was quickly lowered after people traded them in during the blockbuster video cheap game craze.

[quote name='AJD23']I knew I should have bought BW2 when I went to EB to get MP3. How are you liking BW2? Good first (and hopefully lasting) impressions?[/quote]

i enjoyed it mostly because it reminds me of army men for systems way back, ps1 i think. takes a bit to get use to controls and some of the voices are annoying but really for 9.99 (maybe even 4.99 tomorrow...) definitly worth it.

Thanks CAG. went to Metrotown after work and got a copy of MP3. They had a few copies left when I was there. Wish I waited for a price drop on BWii, as I bought it for 28.99 in the US Deals section. I think I'm going to start paying more attention to those EB Game Day price drops, as I'm hoping more Wii games go down to 9.89, particularly, Fire Emblem, MP8, and Super Paper Mario.

[quote name='supergrover99']I used juiced 2 (ps2) last week and I live in ontario. Recently it went on sale for $9.99 at EBGAMES so I assume that they adjusted the trade value so it couldn't be used for trade in deals at their stores. Shrek 2 used to work as well but, was quickly lowered after people traded them in during the blockbuster video cheap game craze.[/quote]

Oh damn~! sigh... guess I was too late. Thx for letting me know though, much appreciated. Guess the values will change either daily or weekly. Goodluck to everyone else.

[quote name='gamer602']If anyone in van city can get me a copy of MP3, that would be flippin amazing!!!![/quote]
I HEAR YOU, I CANT SEEM TO FIND MP3, FOR $10 ANYWHERE EITHER. DAMN

[quote name='tigerhawk33']Hey Lone_Prodigy, I've noticed that some trade-in values may be region specific. For example, I think I read either on here or RFD that Juiced 2 for PS2 and Shrek 2 work. But those were posted by individuals who live in Vancouver. Here in Toronto, Juiced 2 and Shrek 2 are only worth $6 & $4 respectively. So just thought I'd mention that. Perhaps we should ask all posters to say which region they're from if it doesn't say so on the side, underneath the poster's name. Also, I get the feeling that the values are changing on a daily basis.[/quote]

I remember reading a thread last year where some RFDers actually attempted this theory about region-specific trading. I believe they were partially successful: some differed, and some didn't. However, values do fluctuate daily and sometimes EB clerks can get anal about quoting values over the phone (I get quoted $5 when it's actually $8 and vice versa.) Plus, there are French versions and such: I remember PGR3 was $3 but the French version was $10.

Regardless, the TIV list is a guide, not the Bible. You should always call before you buy/trade! The TIV list is not responsible for you getting stuck with 10 copies of a $5 game you bought at Blockbuster and unwrapped: you probably deserve it for hoarding anyway. ;) (Maybe I should stick that as a disclaimer.)

(Sorry the above wasn't directed at you, just in general.)

[quote name='RCCP1977']I HEAR YOU, I CANT SEEM TO FIND MP3, FOR $10 ANYWHERE EITHER. DAMN[/quote]

Wonder if I should even bother going tomorrow, I'll call first to check I guess.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']I remember reading a thread last year where some RFDers actually attempted this theory about region-specific trading. I believe they were partially successful: some differed, and some didn't. However, values do fluctuate daily and sometimes EB clerks can get anal about quoting values over the phone (I get quoted $5 when it's actually $8 and vice versa.) Plus, there are French versions and such: I remember PGR3 was $3 but the French version was $10.

Regardless, the TIV list is a guide, not the Bible. You should always call before you buy/trade! The TIV list is not responsible for you getting stuck with 10 copies of a $5 game you bought at Blockbuster and unwrapped: you probably deserve it for hoarding anyway. ;) (Maybe I should stick that as a disclaimer.)

(Sorry the above wasn't directed at you, just in general.)[/quote]

I hear ya bro. No offence taken. I didn't mean anything negative or anything like that. Thanks for the reply. By the way, thank you so much for creating the trade guide because it has helped me a few times. The only game I was stuck with was Stuntman Ignition and Tony Hawk Downhill Jam. Again, thank you for creating a great guide for everyone to participate.

[quote name='tigerhawk33']Hi everyone. I did some trading and also asked for some trade-in values on certain games. I hope this helps some ppl here. I lost out on a few games so I want to spare the pain to my friends here on CAG. I decided to keep some cause the values were too low for me to give up.

I'm from the Toronto area.

PS2

Buzz Jr. Jungle Party = $5 (even with controllers or without, still $5)
Juiced 2 = $6
Shrek 2 = $4
Naruto Uzumaki Chronicles 2 = $8
Tony Hawk: Downhill Jam = $7
Nicktoons United = $8 or 9

PS3

The Darkness = $6

Wii

Mario & Sonic at the Olympics = $10

Xbox 360

Timeshift = $3
Spiderman 3 = $8
Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars = $10
Ghost Recon Advanced Warrior = $8
Ghost Recon Advanced Warrior 2 = $13
Spiderman: Friend or Foe = $5
Crackdown = $8 or 9

Hey Lone_Prodigy, I've noticed that some trade-in values may be region specific. For example, I think I read either on here or RFD that Juiced 2 for PS2 and Shrek 2 work. But those were posted by individuals who live in Vancouver. Here in Toronto, Juiced 2 and Shrek 2 are only worth $6 & $4 respectively. So just thought I'd mention that. Perhaps we should ask all posters to say which region they're from if it doesn't say so on the side, underneath the poster's name. Also, I get the feeling that the values are changing on a daily basis.

One more thing I should mention is that after this sale is done on June 23rd, most of the game's trade-in values may increase again (just something one manager told me).

ps. Just need some advice ppl... do you think I should give up my Forza 2 Collector's Edition for $10 and my Gran Turismo 5 Prologue for $18? I'd like to hear what you guys think. Thanks ppl. (I was told that Forza 2 regular edition is just $6).[/quote]

nicktoons united is a 7.99 bbv game right?

5/30/08 - Peterbourough ON

Wii:

Puzzle Quest: $7
Zack & Wiki: $4
Super Paper Mario: $20

PS2:

Guitar Hero 3 (game only): $26
Madden 08: $6
Gran Turismo 4 (greatest hits): $4
Final Fantasy 12 (not greatest hits): $5
Singstar 80s (game only): $8

Maybe I should have held on to Z&W. Oh well, I ended up with Boom Blox, No More Heroes, and some leftover credit. They still had BWii and Trauma Center, but I didn't want either one.

:ps2::
Splinter Cell - $2
SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs - $1
Onimusha - $1
ATV Offroad Fury 2 - $3
DDRMAX2: Dance Dance Revolution - $12

:ds::
Pac Pix - $3
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory - $3
Super Monkeyball: Touch & Roll - $3

:gc::
Super Monkey Ball 2 - $6
Mario Gold: Toadstool Tour - $5
Mario Party 7 - $19
Super Mario Strikers - $12

Kept DDR, MP7, and Strikers for now...

5/30

Dragon Quest Joker [DS]: $7
Jam Sessions[DS]: $3
Soul Calibur Legends [Wii]: $17

Also, if anyone feels the need to trade in games for $1,2, or 3, I would gladly pay double for it
Just PM me (I'm in the North York/Toronto area)

LOL apparantly my brother got banned from doing ebgames trade-ins today. I told him to tell them to either ban him from the store or accept his trade-ins.

watch him get banned from the store now :p

[quote name='Caro']nicktoons united is a 7.99 bbv game right?[/quote]

Yeah sorry for the late reply. I found it used for $9.99 at BBV, minus the 25% discount.

Hi gang.

PS2

NHL08 = $8 (I was told this price will drop very soon)

Xbox360

NHL2K8 = $11

Just a quick question, if a non-EB video game store owner traded in a lot of games to EB for a number of PSP's and DS's, would that be legal/legit? I guess it would since the owner owns all of the merchandise... right?

Also, anyone know how much Jumper for Xbox360 is going for? Thx.

Anyways, I'll try to find out more trade-ins next week.

[quote name='tigerhawk33']
Just a quick question, if a non-EB video game store owner traded in a lot of games to EB for a number of PSP's and DS's, would that be legal/legit? I guess it would since the owner owns all of the merchandise... right?[/quote]
It would be technically be legal, but its all up to who is working that day. Some EB workers only let you do 1-2 at a time, and they can make up rules if they feel like it.

Also, you can't trade in multiple copies of a single game.

Also, anyone know how much Jumper for Xbox360 is going for? Thx.

Anyways, I'll try to find out more trade-ins next week.
Last I saw it was $14.99 used at EB, with a TIV of $3-5

[quote name='Caro']LOL apparantly my brother got banned from doing ebgames trade-ins today. I told him to tell them to either ban him from the store or accept his trade-ins.

watch him get banned from the store now :p[/quote]

Why was he in that position? Was he trying to exploit a loophole?

[quote name='Usuyami']Why was he in that position? Was he trying to exploit a loophole?[/quote]

he just does a lot of trade 3's

I have some trade in values I got today at EB in Kingston (May 31st.) I don't know if values vary by location.

Meteos DS $7
Tetris DS $13
Super Mario 64 DS $19
Mario Kart DS $20

Red Steel Wii $7
Excite Truck Wii $22

Warhawk PS3 $1
Motorstorm PS3 $2 *He said the value would go up after their Motorstorm sale (at $39.99) was over.

Beach Spikers GCN $2
Animal Crossing GCN $4

[quote name='gamoe']Is it possible to trade in multiple copies of one game (i.e. trade in 5 nicktoons for a ds)[/quote]
No, the system won't allow it. But depending on YMMV, you could could get away with a PS2, 360, DS, PS3, and PSP versions of the same game as long as the TIV is at least $8 for all of them

[quote name='Lockescythe']can we get a thread for blockbuster TIVs?[/quote]

Feel free to start one. I don't bother with Blockbuster for two reasons:

1. Less popular than EB.
2. No trades in Vancouver. (this is a selfish reason btw) ;)

bread's done
Back