[Canada] EB Games, Blockbuster Video, and Future Shop Trade-in Values List

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Update 3: The new website is http://www.tivs.ca thanks to neksus!

Update 2:

Lone Prodigy is awesome and made a new one: http://ebtradeinvalues.scribblewiki.com/Main_Page

Update:
Please update the wiki yourself. The new wiki is http://www.citgocapital.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

RFDers use/edit it as well.

Alright, the Americans have a wiki page with all the EB Games trade-in values and I figured we might as well start one for the Canadian EB. It's good reference for if we ever want to sell our soul or maybe take advantage of loopholes in their promos! I'll try and keep the list updated as much as possible.

If you have info to add, please do so in the following format:
*Game Name - $# - Month Day, Year
For example:
*Sonic Mega Collection - $8 - September 29th, 2006.

Group them by system please!

Wiki Link: http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/EB_trade_in_values_-_Canada

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JnJosh']guy game - xbox - 10$
playboy - xbox - 9$[/QUOTE]

Im suprised they would take The Guy Game, I thought it was banned because it had an underage girl taking her top off in it.

[quote name='Ferny84']Im suprised they would take The Guy Game, I thought it was banned because it had an underage girl taking her top off in it.[/QUOTE]

Not in Canada. We're generally cooler then the US when it comes to stuff like that. Like when CTV aired The Sopranos uncut or even the CBC stopped editing The Tudors.

Tenchu Z $10
Moto GP 07 $13
Harry Potter OOTP 360 $17 I believe (might have been $10)
Mario Strikers Wii $22
Oblivion PS3 $16
Eternal Sonata $24
Cabela Alaskan Adventures $10
Crash of the Titans 360 $17

Grabbed Haze preorder and $89 in credit :D

Standing in line at EB today (I picked up Star Wars Rebel Strike in MINT condition... totally made my day despite the fact I forgot my Edge Card) :D and the guy in front of me was unloading his Gamecube collection. I offered to buy some of the games off him (I think he had the Zelda Collection disc) but he declined. Oh well, look for it on craigslist.

Gamecube console - $10
Gamecube first-party controller - $8 (lol)

Anyway I put the rest on the Wiki: I think Wind Waker went UP to $10 though I'm not sure.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Standing in line at EB today (I picked up Star Wars Rebel Strike in MINT condition... totally made my day despite the fact I forgot my Edge Card) :D and the guy in front of me was unloading his Gamecube collection. I offered to buy some of the games off him (I think he had the Zelda Collection disc) but he declined. Oh well, look for it on craigslist.

Gamecube console - $10
Gamecube first-party controller - $8 (lol)

Anyway I put the rest on the Wiki: I think Wind Waker went UP to $10 though I'm not sure.[/quote]

If you were going to offer him more than he got, he's the only one that lost. Idiot. :lol:

[quote name='Nesmaster']If you were going to offer him more than he got, he's the only one that lost. Idiot. :lol:[/quote]

Give him credit though (pun intended), EB quoted him $127 for everything and he said no.

[quote name='Nesmaster']Oblivion PS3 $16
Eternal Sonata $24[/quote]

Wow, you traded Oblivion in for 16 and ES for 24? Private sale would have netted you double on Oblivion and 35-40 for ES. I know I would have paid at least 30-35 for ES if you were local.

[quote name='darkandlong']Wow, you traded Oblivion in for 16 and ES for 24? Private sale would have netted you double on Oblivion and 35-40 for ES. I know I would have paid at least 30-35 for ES if you were local.[/quote]

ES was disc only, PS3 Oblivion was bought for $20 to check it out, I already have the 360 one.

Does EBGames give TIV over the phone?

I want to check out TIV for these games so I can grab a PSP before my trip.

New Super Mario Bros DS
Metroid Prime Pinball DS
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin DS
Castlevania: Circle of the Moon GBA
Golden Sun GBA
Mario Kart DS
Super Mario World 2 GBA
Final Fantasy IV GBA
Final Fantasy V GBA
Battlefield 2142 PC
Hellgate:London PC

Eh, they'll tell you to come into the store if you're going to ask them how much all of those cost. At least they did to me when I tried to get the prices for 10 different games. :lol:

[quote name='Ferny84']Does EBGames give TIV over the phone?

I want to check out TIV for these games so I can grab a PSP before my trip.

New Super Mario Bros DS
Metroid Prime Pinball DS
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin DS
Castlevania: Circle of the Moon GBA
Golden Sun GBA
Mario Kart DS
Super Mario World 2 GBA
Final Fantasy IV GBA
Final Fantasy V GBA
Battlefield 2142 PC
Hellgate:London PC[/quote]

urgh....ud be better off to sell them here.
golden sun wont be more than 1 dollar at eb games

[quote name='preelude']im at work right now and cant make the call but anyone know the TIV of God of War 2 and Final Fantasy XII?[/quote]

God of War 2 = around $10-14.
FFXII = $7-10

Ferny84: EB won't give you much for GBA games, and they don't take most PC games.

Once I brought in a long list of games and asked for the TIVs... the store wasn't busy but the clerk said he had tons of stickers to apply on games so he couldn't look them all up.

haven't been to my local EB in a while, partially due to work and the fact that i'm piss broke (i live off tips), anyways i can try and scrounge up an updated list this sunday if i'm not busy, going to be around there anyways

I'm wondering if I should sell WarioWare... haven't played it in a really long time and it would certainly help with this week's purchases (NMH and Burnout).

Anyway, anyone up for starting a wiki for the price of used games? I know some of them are kind of obvious, but sometimes EB throws me for a loop with their used game prices. And knowing whether or not you have enough money for a game is a nice bonus.

I'd contribute lots :) I'm in there all the time and I could bring some paper and write prices down when I felt like it :) Of course, the employees would go o_O, but we're tight so I could just explain it's for all the CAGers out there!

Do not even try to give them back GH3 Wii with guitar. YOu can sell it EASILY for the price you paid it, if not more.

Many people are looking for it.

good point.

I'm thinking of getting the 360 version instead, so I could just sell the Wii one to someone and use the money to buy it for the 360.

[quote name='lisdoncca']Do not even try to give them back GH3 Wii with guitar. YOu can sell it EASILY for the price you paid it, if not more.

Many people are looking for it.[/quote]
+1, everyone is price-gouging as well: new copies are $150.

Skardee, if you want to add a new page to the ScribbleWiki for used price games, go ahead.

EDIT: done. http://ebtradeinvalues.scribblewiki.com/Prices

Trade-in value on January 24: (used for Trade 3, GTA 4):
Zelda Windwaker - Gamecube: 10$
Sonic Secret Rings - Wii: 8$
SSX Blur- Wii: 8$

How much would I get for trading in:

GCN system

Mario strikers

Mario baseball

Mario sunshine

NHL 2003 - lol

Paper mario: thousand year door

Mario Golf

2 memory cards

2 controllers

And how much would I get for that useless Wii Play? haha

[quote name='crockerspaniel']How much would I get for trading in:

GCN system 10 (w/ controller)

Mario strikers ~8

Mario baseball ~15

Mario sunshine ~7

NHL 2003 - lol ~1

Paper mario: thousand year door ~8

Mario Golf ~5

2 memory cards ~5 each

2 controllers 8

And how much would I get for that useless Wii Play? probably nothing since it's part of a bundle[/quote]
See quote.

Just a heads up, I tried getting trade in values over the phone this weekend and I was told by more than one place that they do not give TIV's over the phone anymore because they have to see the condition the game is in.

Was still able to get the info I needed when I phoned a store where the employee was very helpful, but it seems this may be a new company policy or something (since these stores used to do TiVs over the phone).

[quote name='gamer602']lazy employees making up excuses
IT IS EB policy to give TIVS over the phone.[/quote]where did you hear that? unless you get a nice employee they have no obligation whatsoever to do so, they want you in the store so that you've already made the trip and even if you don't end up trading anything in you may end up buying something anyways

[quote name='Firestorm']Lone, your sig link to TIVs is still broken btw >_> It links to a CAG topic[/quote]
lol that is weird: a webpage that links to another. That was my old BST topic btw. :D

Shrek 3 and Spiderman 3 for PS2 dropped to $3. Surprised they were still $8+ as of last week.

Traded these in today (March 5)

Some of these are already on one of the wiki but here are current values, anyway. Some of the prices are pretty shameful but I can't be bothered to ship these out on eBay for what they're worth.

Animal Crossing DS - 13.00
Trauma Center DS - 8.00
Orcs & Elves DS - 3.00
Super Mario Galaxy - 30.00
Gears of War - 20.00
Jade Empire LE Xbox - 6.00
Call of Duty 4 X360 - 25.00
Halo 3 - 30.00
Perfect Dark Zero - 3.00
Splinter Cell Double Agent X360 - 3.00
Halo 2 LE Xbox - 10.00
Star Wars Episode 3 Xbox - 2.00
Splinter Cell 3 Xbox - 2.00
NHL 07 X360 - 2.00

Rainbow six vegas (x360)- 11$ (Hurry its time to get rid of your copy before the sequel gets out!!)
Top spin2 (x360)-17$
Crysis (PC)-12$

[quote name='thelostdude']Rainbow six vegas (x360)- 11$ (Hurry its time to get rid of your copy before the sequel gets out!!)
Top spin2 (x360)-17$
Crysis (PC)-12$[/quote]

Wow, $17 for Top Spin 2? Damn.

Calgary - North Hill

Games that worked - Everything is 360, Wii or DS

Fight Night Round 3
SSX Blur
Bust a Move Bash
Virtua Tennis 3
Mario Strikers Charged
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue
Saint's Row
Viva Pinata Party Animals
Perfect Dark Zero LE
Rainbow Six Vegas
LOTR Battle of Middle Earth II

Games that didn't work
Call of Duty 3 360
Smackdown vs Raw 2007 360

This net me a Cobalt DS Lite, GTA4 and Rainbow Six Vegas 2. =D

Though i didn't ask for the trade-in values.

I got $27 for Nights. Opted against using it for any of the deals at that value. I'd say it would make the game worth it for the $30 it can be found at, but I think it's a pretty bad game (and I really liked the Saturn version)

As of March 9th:

X360 - Call of Juarez = $3
X360 - Two Worlds (Collector's Edition) = $10
X360 - Overlord = $15
PS3 - Lair = $17

I might have the values reversed for Overlord & Lair as I don't remember what they told me and the receipt shows $20 each as I put it towards a preorder of Condemned 2.

[quote name='mkrowe']As of March 9th:

X360 - Call of Juarez = $3
X360 - Two Worlds (Collector's Edition) = $10
X360 - Overlord = $15
PS3 - Lair = $17

I might have the values reversed for Overlord & Lair as I don't remember what they told me and the receipt shows $20 each as I put it towards a preorder of Condemned 2.[/quote]

overlord is 17 and lair is 15

[quote name='supergrover99']Does anyone have an updated list of games that can be pre-ordered if you trade 3 games?[/quote]

All new games coming out are eligible apparently.

bread's done
Back