[Canada] EB Games, Blockbuster Video, and Future Shop Trade-in Values List

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Update 3: The new website is http://www.tivs.ca thanks to neksus!

Update 2:

Lone Prodigy is awesome and made a new one: http://ebtradeinvalues.scribblewiki.com/Main_Page

Update:
Please update the wiki yourself. The new wiki is http://www.citgocapital.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

RFDers use/edit it as well.

Alright, the Americans have a wiki page with all the EB Games trade-in values and I figured we might as well start one for the Canadian EB. It's good reference for if we ever want to sell our soul or maybe take advantage of loopholes in their promos! I'll try and keep the list updated as much as possible.

If you have info to add, please do so in the following format:
*Game Name - $# - Month Day, Year
For example:
*Sonic Mega Collection - $8 - September 29th, 2006.

Group them by system please!

Wiki Link: http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/EB_trade_in_values_-_Canada

Last edited by a moderator:
BBV TIV - Sept 6 2009
Hellboy 360 - $15 (still, but I was limited to trade 1 copy, not 2, cauz they had too much!!)
Raymand Rabbits 2 Wii - $1 ($10 minimum officially over!)
Super Monkey Ball Wii - $1 (see remark above)

I traded in only Hellboy! I wanted to bring other games to look like I was not going only for Hellboy ;)

Not 100% sure where my receipt ended up, but I traded a few in at Future Shop earlier. Pretty sure these are correct (if not, they were the same as what is displayed on tivs.ca).

Call of Duty 4 (X360) - $37
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds (PS3) - $27.60
Zelda Phantom Hourglass (NDS) - $15

These are the games I traded-in at EBGames today:

The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor (DS): $10
MLB Power Pros 2008 (Wii): $10.25
SimCity Creator (Wii): $15.25
Hotel Dusk (DS): $5.75
Pro-Evolution Soccer 2008 (DS): $5.50
Spider-man 3 (PS3): $6.50
World Series of Poker 2008 (360): $4.25
Tony Hawk's Project 8 (360): $6.00
The Incredible Hulk (360): $6.25
Tamagotchi: Party On! (Wii): $5.25

Who here has an iPhone?
Off the top of my head the only person I can think of is Firestorm...and I'm not even sure if it's him or TripleQ...been a long day...anyway, message me if you do! I need some guinea pigs!

[quote name='TripleQ']I'm actually the last person in Canada under 50 without a cell phone[/QUOTE]

You don't have one either? I thought I was the only one!

I don't have one either. Not at the moment, anyway. I can definitely live without it.

And I have an iPod Touch, neksus, if that works.

gamer your inbox is full!

//edit - I've emailed you your private message, but you should still tidy up your inbox!

Traded in Heavenly Sword today at the EB at St.Clair and Runnymede in Toronto for $31.25. Used it towards LBP:GOTY (ended up costing me $32.48). Not bad!

[quote name='neospike']EB Games:

Batman: Arkham Asylum (X360) - $20

Heh, I was just asking to see how much it is currently going for.[/QUOTE]

I took Arkham Asylum (X360) to my local Blockbuster on Monday (Labour Day), and the clerk said that they didn't even have the game listed on their system... she called another store, and they didn't have it either. They suggested that she just ring it in as another big-title Summer release, and give me that value. I managed to get $30 for it - they rang it in as Bionic Commando... For some reason, I have a feeling that I got a little ripped off.

However, since I only paid $39 for it (thank you, launch day sale!), I basically paid $9+tax for a two-week rental, and tossed the rest of the money towards Beatles RockBand. I guess I can live with that.

[quote name='Navillus']I took Arkham Asylum (X360) to my local Blockbuster on Monday (Labour Day), and the clerk said that they didn't even have the game listed on their system... she called another store, and they didn't have it either. They suggested that she just ring it in as another big-title Summer release, and give me that value. I managed to get $30 for it - they rang it in as Bionic Commando... For some reason, I have a feeling that I got a little ripped off.

However, since I only paid $39 for it (thank you, launch day sale!), I basically paid $9+tax for a two-week rental, and tossed the rest of the money towards Beatles RockBand. I guess I can live with that.[/QUOTE]

EB has raised the value of Batman to $25. Rogers is still the better value as they are giving $40.

MEH!!!!! I was gonna take back Batman to EB today since I got my platinum trophy.
I thought it was back to 40?

Rogers dont take trade in QC, I guess ill have to go Kijiji.... What a mess.

Hey guys, just thought I'd throw up a post about the latest development to tivs.ca that I'm assuming many of you may miss out on (unfortunately). The completely new (well, almost, some of the framework is the same!) tivs.ca for your iPhone! Blackberry and Android will be next, although I don't have access to an Android to test on...it's not accessible by everyone, but it should however give you a taste of what is soon to hit the main site, once things calm down a bit and I have some more time. I've included a few screenshots for my iPhone/iPod touch lacking friends and supporters:

iphone2.png
iphone5.png
iphone1.png

iphone3.png
iphone4a.png

As this isn't really "deal" related and a moderator decides to remove these images, I would kindly ask that you leave this link to the folder:
http://yfrog.com/03iphone1px

Also, I've doubled my bandwidth which should hopefully eliminate any more downtime (funny how I get dozens of emails/private messages when the site is down for 2 hours but none any other time :razz:), and have quite a few more features that the mass-public hasn't yet seen, which hopefully reach daylight soon. App to follow in a few months, presumably after the BB/Android sites are live (and maybe the main site, too!)

Thanks for all your support guys!

//edit
Before I forget, there will soon be a settings page, as well as the formatting fixed on the "print" page. Another option will be to save a default print-population so you can one-click!

As of Sept 9th

Future Shop

Little Big Planet $37.00
Fable II $37.00

Decided to drop both of them since there are game of the year editions coming out.

Gamestop (Kingsway, Edmonton AB)
Xbox 360
*Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - $23.75 - September 10th, 2009.
*Bioshock - $12.75 - September 10th, 2009.
*Batman, Arkham Assylum $25.00 - September 10th, 2009.
*Too Human - $10.75 - September 10th, 2009.
*Lost Odyssey- $17.75 - September 10th, 2009.
*Conan - $4.25 - September 10th, 2009.

Received an additional $24 from Trade for More promo.

I really need to trade my copy of Batman.
TIVS.ca says BBV is 42 $. (No Rogers here) Is it still the best place?

Guess Ill call tonight....

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']I really need to trade my copy of Batman.
TIVS.ca says BBV is 42 $. (No Rogers here) Is it still the best place?

Guess Ill call tonight....[/QUOTE]

For now BBV is the best - HOWEVER, there are 3 different UPCs depending on where you bought it from (Wal-Mart, EB, everywhere else), and I'm almost certain the WM/EB copies don't show up in the system. The name is probably something arcane, too, as people can't seem to manually find it either. If you're feeling adventurous, you can almost surely get $40 on kijiji?

I traded Batman in today at Blockbuster for $35. He said the price went down after he scanned it. I bought my copy from Best Buy for the sale price and it came up in Blockbuster's system without any problems. I missed out on the $42 >.< but oh well.

I pre-ordered uncharted 2 as well.

Today, EB Games, all for PS3

inFamous - $40
Call of Duty: World at War - $40
H.A.W.X. - $33.75
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - $19
Dead Space - $13.25

With the TMGM Event happening, I received an extra $20 for a total of $166.00. Finally pre-ordered the PSP Go with my credit.

[quote name='firelogic']I traded Batman in today at Blockbuster for $35. He said the price went down after he scanned it. I bought my copy from Best Buy for the sale price and it came up in Blockbuster's system without any problems. I missed out on the $42 >.< but oh well.

I pre-ordered uncharted 2 as well.[/QUOTE]

Doh, I should have gone yesterday....grr

These are the games I traded-in at EBGames today:

SimCity Creator (Wii): $15.25
Winter Sports: The Ultimate Challenge (Wii): $13.25
MLB Power Pros 2008 (Wii): $9.75
Namco Museum Remix (Wii): $6.50 (this game isn't listed on tivs.ca neksus)
Sega Superstars Tennis (PS3): $1.75
Madden 06 (360): $0.45
Fifa 06 (360): $0.45

This is what I did today
:360:Facebreaker - 3.25
:wii:Spiderman 3 - 5.75
:wii:Geometry Wars Galaxies - 3.50
:360:Tenchu Z - 3.50
:ps3:Guitar Hero Areosmith - 3.75

The $4 extra each made it worth it

Also
Rockband 1, Too Human, and Saints Row 1 are still above $8
I did a trade 3 so I forget the TIV exactly

Yesterday I traded these in:

Xbox360:

Halo3 Limited ed = $13.20
The Orange Box = $3.60
Final Fantasy XI (11) = $8.40
Lost Planet Colonies ed = $3.60
Enchanted Arms = $6
Armored Core 4A = $22.80
Eternal Sonata = $3.60 (kept it)

PS3:

The Darkness = $6

EB:

Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness (PSP): 7.75
Mortal Kombat vs. DC (360): 21

Also, I realize that j940651 gets poopy pants about this, but...

Midnight Club LA (360)
Spiderman: Web of Shadows (360)
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (360)
Madworld
RE: Umbrella Chronicles

All still qualify for T3G1F. Too many TIVs with decimals, makes it hard for my tiny brain to remember exact numbers.

logans shadow and cod2 still working friday

Its funny, 1 or 2 copies of all the PSP games...and piles of logans shadow.

[quote name='doctor_payne13']too many tivs with decimals, makes it hard for my tiny brain to remember exact numbers.[/quote]

pen + paper = win

EB:
The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor (DS): 8.75$
Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow: 8.25$ (phew)
Puppy Luv: 11.75$

My first T3G1! :D Got Ratchet A Crack in Time

EB Games TIVs (Kanata) as of 2009-09-12 ~ 3:15pm Eastern:

Sorry, forget the exact values. They were definitely 9.xx or 13.xx.
- Brunswick Bowling (Wii) ~ 9.00 ... Took it even though no manual.
- Full Auto 2: Battlelines (PS3) ~ 9.00
- Devil May Cry 4 (PS3) ~ 13.00
- Too Human (360) ~ 9.00
- Star Wars: Force Unleashed (PSP) ~ 13.00
- God of War: Chains of Olympus (PSP) ~ 9.00

These are exact values.
- Battalion Wars II (Wii) = 13.50 ... Needs updating.
- Okami (Wii) = 6.50 ... Needs updating.

Got myself a couple GG pre-orders and I finally found Blazblue (PS3), so I picked that up even though it was in no way a wicked deal.

And this may not be the right place to ask, but Wii Play currently has a listed TIV > $8 on the website and I was wondering if it's eligible for T3G1F since it just comes in a little cardboard sleeve. Any kind persons out there know if it would be eligible (if the TIV holds up)? My bad. I don't know what I was smoking, but it must have been wicked. It's a few days later and I just answered my question. Was getting Wii Sports and Wii Play confused. Have no idea how I missed that.

Thanks.

EB as of August 12

Halo 3 - 17.25

I expect it to keep going down for a bit because of ODST coming out. And probably doesn't help that I just traded in 16 copies of it.

[quote name='snowyeti']EB as of August 12

Halo 3 - 17.25

I expect it to keep going down for a bit because of ODST coming out. And probably doesn't help that I just traded in 16 copies of it.[/QUOTE]

you only had 16 copies of Halo 3!?!?!?!?!
what are you a n00b?
you're supposed to have at least 30!!

bread's done
Back