[Canada] EB Games, Blockbuster Video, and Future Shop Trade-in Values List

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Update 3: The new website is http://www.tivs.ca thanks to neksus!

Update 2:

Lone Prodigy is awesome and made a new one: http://ebtradeinvalues.scribblewiki.com/Main_Page

Update:
Please update the wiki yourself. The new wiki is http://www.citgocapital.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

RFDers use/edit it as well.

Alright, the Americans have a wiki page with all the EB Games trade-in values and I figured we might as well start one for the Canadian EB. It's good reference for if we ever want to sell our soul or maybe take advantage of loopholes in their promos! I'll try and keep the list updated as much as possible.

If you have info to add, please do so in the following format:
*Game Name - $# - Month Day, Year
For example:
*Sonic Mega Collection - $8 - September 29th, 2006.

Group them by system please!

Wiki Link: http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/EB_trade_in_values_-_Canada

Last edited by a moderator:
EB

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (DS) $7.50
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars (DS) $14.00
WWE Smackdown! vs. RAW 2009 (Wii) $5.25

BBV

RYGAR - Wii - $18
FEAR 2 - PS3 - $15

FS

FEAR 2 - PS3 - $9
THE BIGS 2 - PS3 - $10
RISE OF THE ARGOS - PS3 - $18
MARIO STRIKERS CHARGED -Wii - $18

EB

FEAR 2 - PS3 - $6.00
THE BIGS 2 - PS3 - $8.25
RISE OF THE ARGOS - PS3 - $8.50
MARIO STRIKERS CHARGED - Wii - $10.25

[quote name='neksus']Same tracking system I meant, not necessarily the same information.[/QUOTE]

The FS TIV drop down needs rounder figures.
Games I entered like FEAR 2 and THE BIGS 2 needed .00 but I had to
choose from .40 .60 but no simple even dollar amounts.

I'm still hoping Alpha Protocol 360 goes up at FS when it gets a firm release date.
:p

Cheers.

[quote name='grappos13']hey guys? hows it going :)

i didnt even know this forum site existed or else i would came here two days ago lol...

so whats up? :)

anything new going on?

maybe ur above TIV of Fear2 heavy will work for the bestbuy trade 2 get MW2 free on release day? seems like there could be some good deals had to get the game for pretty cheap... i recommend doing a PM at BB with FS to get 50 cent for $16.99... which would likely work at BB if its all 9+ TIV games[/QUOTE]

grappos13? Is that you? I thought you were dead? Well it's good to see you back in action. So were you trashing someones GH3 BST thread?

[quote name='awworld']tiv for Legends of Zelda: Twilight Princess
EB = $15.40
FS = $37.00[/QUOTE]

Wow EBs tanking the TIVs. I guess they want to stop the buying to trade stuff that we do, but you'd think with all the competition in the game trade in market there would be some pressure to raise TIVs. Maybe things will rise in the new year.

Futureshop

Animal Crossing: City Folk (Wii): $20.00
Mario Party 8 (Wii): $22.50
Super Mario Galaxy (Wii): $30
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii): $37
Guitar Hero: Metallica (Wii): $20
Mario Kart Wii (Wii): $30

Hi, I have NFS Shift for PS3. The problem is it is in a PS2 case. I know it might be YMMV. The cover, manual and disc are all intact, if they do deduct some credit from it for being in a black PS2 case, will it be alot? the tiv is 40, so im looking to get around 35 if not the full credit. Thanks anyone for help.

[quote name='xaznboi']Hi, I have NFS Shift for PS3. The problem is it is in a PS2 case. I know it might be YMMV. The cover, manual and disc are all intact, if they do deduct some credit from it for being in a black PS2 case, will it be alot? the tiv is 40, so im looking to get around 35 if not the full credit. Thanks anyone for help.[/QUOTE]

If you trade it at EB for straight credit you should be able to just hand them the disk. They want the correct cover and box and usually manual for the trade 3s, but for straight credit from my experience, they will do it.

[quote name='xaznboi']Hi, I have NFS Shift for PS3. The problem is it is in a PS2 case. I know it might be YMMV. The cover, manual and disc are all intact, if they do deduct some credit from it for being in a black PS2 case, will it be alot? the tiv is 40, so im looking to get around 35 if not the full credit. Thanks anyone for help.[/QUOTE]

worst case scenario, if you have a problem, i've always found you can go into a blockbuster and ask nicely if they have any extra cases. it's ymmv obviously, but i've been to a few stores who seem to love getting rid of them.

ok thanks. any chance eb would deduct credit cos of the case? or does anyone know how much eb deducts for no case? maybe that will help, thanks guys.

Nov 7, 2009
Blockbuster
PS3 Batman AA - $30

EB
PS3 Batman AA - $20

Also, the guy at EB said that the trade value of LEGO Rock Band would be $0 if the export code was used

[quote name='yourdaddy']Nov 7, 2009
Also, the guy at EB said that the trade value of LEGO Rock Band would be $0 if the export code was used[/QUOTE]

And they can test this... how?

Every way I know of testing a code would actually use it.

[quote name='TripleQ']neksus, we'd all love you so much more if you could get the BB values in before Monday, considering they're having a T2 for MW2 promo![/QUOTE]

Values are in the DB right now...currently only way to view TIVs of games is try and submit one and the last known value is the default input for the selection box.

Thanks for the info Neksus. Good job! It's a great beginning.

Being on a computer, it works perfectly to see TIVs for Bestbuy using the procedure you said, with a tivs.ca account, it is simply one extra step to click on the game's name.

Most values seem similar from FS but I see differences (mainly because of BB promo T4G2F that made them put TIVS under $9 for over-traded games) such as Gears of War 1 and 2.

Depending on how busy this week proves to be, I may get around to changing the FS updates to look the same as Best Buy's...and also try and actually incorporate the values of Rogers/BB on the site lol

EB Games on November 7th

PoP - $4.50 (X360)
GT5 Prologue - $6.75
Gears of War 2 - $8.00
Call of Duty 4 - $12.00 (X360)
Super Mario Galaxy - $15.00

Was at eb games picking up my preorder and overheard these values for the ps3

Shaun White Snowboarding $1
Metal Gear Solid 4 $8.50

There was a third game that traded in for 6.75 but can't remember. lol. If it comes back to my I'll edit my post

EB Games:
Pikmin (Wii) = $4
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS3) = $8
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (PS3) = $17 (Thought it'd be more given it came out on 2009/09/29)

Rogers Video
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (PS3) ~ $15.78-ish (Seemed like a weird TIV)

EB:
Gears 1 - 5.75,
Gears 2 - 8,
Transformers 2.75,
Burnout Revenge 4.75,
Mass Effect 8

(360) , Sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
EB 11/12 tivs.ca updated already

Gears 2 $8.00
Godfather 2 $11.25
Wii Sports Resort (w/o motion plus) $14.25 (or $14.50?)
Call of Duty 2 $2.75

Best Buy
Bionic Commando $20.00
Mario Super Sluggers $20.50 (traded towards MW2)

[quote name='ycrad']EB:
Gears 1 - 5.75,
Gears 2 - 8,
Transformers 2.75,
Burnout Revenge 4.75,
Mass Effect 8[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TripleQ']EB 11/12 tivs.ca updated already

Gears 2 $8.00
Godfather 2 $11.25
Wii Sports Resort (w/o motion plus) $14.25 (or $14.50?)
Call of Duty 2 $2.75

Best Buy
Bionic Commando $20.00
Mario Super Sluggers $20.50 (traded towards MW2)[/QUOTE]

some are 360 exclusive. some are wii only. i can figure that out.
but if it doesn't otherwise say do we just assume that the list with
console exclusives on it are ALL games for that SAME console?
(ie: Godfather 2 and Call of Duty 2 are both 360 tivs?)

[quote name='cashinstinct']I did not find any copy of GRAW 2 at WMT when I looked for it today. If I knew it was only $2 TIV, I would not have even looked at PS3/Xbox360 games![/QUOTE]
Right now GRAW2 PS3 is on the most wanted list at EB (if it was the most updated one), didn't get a chance to ask the clerk how much though.

Here are the TIVs today for Fight Night Round 4 (PS3):

EBGames: $11
Blockbuster: $14
Rogers Plus: $16.75
Futureshop: $21
BestBuy: $27.25

@ Blockbuster

Chrono Trigger (DS) $1
Killzone 2 (PS3) $22
Resistance 2 (PS3) $5
Resistance FoM (PS3) $1

@ EB

Chrono Trigger (DS) $7.25
Killzone 2 (PS3) $13.50
Resistance 2 (PS3) $18
Resistance FoM (PS3) $3.50

needless to say I went with EB this time around as they bumped up Killzone/resistance2 to $25 each to give me $50 alone between them which i used to pick up Borderlands for $19

I can't believe how off blockbusters prices were this time around

[quote name='greywolf501']Seriously, $5 for Resistance 2? C'mon Blockbuster...[/QUOTE]

doesnt this usually correlate to cheap used prices @ BBV? :D

[quote name='thelaughingman']doesnt this usually correlate to cheap used prices @ BBV? :D[/QUOTE]
I dunno, there seem to be a lot of games that trade in for $5 but that sell for $24.99 and others they sell for $29.99 but trade-in for $30, they are switching up their trading formulas and whole system again, so it'll be good to see how it finally winds up.

As of Nov 20/09 (all games on the Xbox 360)

BBV:
Gears of War: $1
Batman Arkham Asylum: $20
Mass Effect: $3.60
Assassin's Creed: $3.60
Bioshock: $2.00

Best Buy:
Gears of War: $5.50
Mass Effect: $8.00
Assassin's Creed: $7.50
Bioshock: $8.75

Brutal trade-in values. With values this low, its not even worth trading them in.

Serious drops in values for a lotta games. Wouldn't be surprised if tivs.ca was partially responsible for this (and the rest of the responsibility goes to hoarders).

EB:
GH - Smash Hits (PS3) - 17.50

got it bumped to 25.00 though towards LBP - PSP...my son will be thrilled. They said its a new release, even though I had one title only.

Will BestBuy be added to tivs.ca? I just got back from there today and traded in FolkLore for $22.80. BBV had it at $2.

bread's done
Back