[Canada] EB Games, Blockbuster Video, and Future Shop Trade-in Values List

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Update 3: The new website is http://www.tivs.ca thanks to neksus!

Update 2:

Lone Prodigy is awesome and made a new one: http://ebtradeinvalues.scribblewiki.com/Main_Page

Update:
Please update the wiki yourself. The new wiki is http://www.citgocapital.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

RFDers use/edit it as well.

Alright, the Americans have a wiki page with all the EB Games trade-in values and I figured we might as well start one for the Canadian EB. It's good reference for if we ever want to sell our soul or maybe take advantage of loopholes in their promos! I'll try and keep the list updated as much as possible.

If you have info to add, please do so in the following format:
*Game Name - $# - Month Day, Year
For example:
*Sonic Mega Collection - $8 - September 29th, 2006.

Group them by system please!

Wiki Link: http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/EB_trade_in_values_-_Canada

Last edited by a moderator:
mass effect and wheelman worked, battalion wars 2 didnt(tivs out of date)

mass effect is $5 used at BB...not marked at that. wonder if others are like that

Eb, including the manager! argued I'd have to trade 2 and pay $20 for a $60 game (mario), despite the huge poster I got them to read, that has been there for a month...how many people have paid $10 too much?!? eventually got it after a third staffer knew about it...reading their own sign over and over wasn't good enough. Mass effect from BB was in terrible shape, obviously a resurface attempt to get ring scratches out...but the took it. They wouldnt take a kellogs coupon towards the extra $10...so the deal only slightly better then SDm.

Pmed wheelman and bourne at BB...were only going to take 10% of the $10 off, then couldn't calculate the proper amount with a calculator and rang them in at 6.00 each.

After I checked my receipt I noticed the two I traded in were only bumped to $20 for a $59.99 game. Same store where I had done another trade previously where they were bumped to $25 the last time.

Wait, are you serious? I should buy all the copies of terminator at a nearby Rogers Plus that have been discounted to $7.49 & then trade them in lol.

I would really appricate it if someone told me the trade in value of uncharted 2 for the ps3 at bestbuy. im trying to buy a 360 arcade.

please and thank you

You guys are gonna love me for the trade-in opportunity I discovered.

First, today's trade-in values for Guitar Hero: Smash Hits (360)

EBGames: $21 (lowest TIV, what a surprise :rolleyes:)
Rogers Plus: $23.75
Blockbuster: $24
Futureshop: $30
Best Buy: $37

Here's where things get insanely lucrative. Not-only can you price-match the $18 Wal-Mart price for Guitar Hero: Smash Hits, Best Buy is selling the game for $18 and hasn't adjusted the TIV for-it yet.
http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0926INGFS10124040&catid=23376
So you can go to the store, buy-it, come back later, and trade-it in for $37!

P.S. You're all welcome:D.

if only my best buy took trade ins :(

BTW, does anyone know if the tiv on wheelman has dropped at eb? i was gonna get them & use it towards new super mario bros wii as a christmas gift for a friend.

[quote name='telepathy']if only my best buy took trade ins :(

BTW, does anyone know if the tiv on wheelman has dropped at eb? i was gonna get them & use it towards new super mario bros wii as a christmas gift for a friend.[/QUOTE]

Seems to still work as of today. Probably should check RFD/call Monday morning to be safe, though.

EB, Nov. 27th

DS
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games - $15 (tried to add this to tivs.ca but I could only modify existing entries)

okay, thanks. My plan was to basically hook up a close friend & a family member for christmas using some of these deals. was planning to manipulate some trade-ins as well to get everything for less since I'm kinda tight on money at the moment.

edit: just wondering, does futureshop do tivs over the phone?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='telepathy']okay, thanks. just wanted to know. btw, does futureshop do tivs over the phone?[/QUOTE]

If you get lucky and find someone not busy, yes. But probably not these days since they're all going to be slammed by christmas shoppers.

EB Games, November 28, 2009

Dragon Age: Origins (PS3) - $37
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3) - $31
Guitar Hero 5 (PS3) - $23.75
Need For Speed: SHIFT (PS3) - $22
Fight Night Round 4 (PS3) - $10.50
Marvel Ultimate Alliance (PS3) - $7.75

well sadly since some of the DS games I traded in were more than $8 at EB... they bumped them up for their trade deals and I forgot to ask their price but I know for sure @ Eb that:

Mario Kart DS
New Super Mario Bros DS
Prof. Layton & Curious Village DS
GTA: Chinatown DS

are all over the required $8 trade-in value...since that doesn't help much of anything i can also say that:

Peggle DS = $2.50

yay?

DSLite system is also $25 for anyone interested

[quote name='game_fanatic']As of Tuesday December 1st:

EB
Mass Effect-$7.75
Wheelman (PS3)-$7.50

Wheelman (360)-$12.25

Future Shop
Terminator: Salvation-$18[/QUOTE]

I guess that cow's been milked dry.

EB
Mass Effect-$7.75
Wheelman (PS3)-$7.50
Wheelman (360)-$12.25
[/QUOTE]

RFD wept.

Appreciate the heads-up, thx.

EB
Mass Effect-$7.75
Wheelman (PS3)-$7.50
Wheelman (360)-$12.25

Future Shop
Terminator: Salvation-$18[/QUOTE]

Yeah for FS tivs. They've added like a extra minute to check trade values due to making them update faster/more secure. So especially during christmastime checking tivs over the phone is a bad idea.

EB
Sid Miers Civilization 360 - 14ish
Wheelman 360 - $11ish
Madworld Wii - 4.75

I'm one game short of T3G1F and I'm fairly certain that Wheelman for the 360 won't hold up longer so I have to find a game quick.

[quote name='Grease_Bits']EB
Wheelman 360 - $11ish
Madworld Wii - 4.75

I'm one game short of T3G1F and I'm fairly certain that Wheelman for the 360 won't hold up longer so I have to find a game quick.[/QUOTE]

You should just go in and ask if you can do a partial T3G1F. They should accept 2 of the games and up their value to $23.33. I've done it many times. That way you can take a bit of time to find a 3rd.

Here are today's trade-in values for Left 4 Dead 2 (360):

EBGames: $20
Futureshop: $25
Best Buy: $25
Blockbuster: $30
Rogers Plus: $40

[quote name='game_fanatic']Hmm...buy three copies of L4D2, trade each copy into RP and get $120 in credit, yet costing you $80 in cash.[/QUOTE]

Not if you have Futureshop in-store credit;)

amazed they are still taking wheelman. Zellers got a new rack the style of walmarts, with piles of wheelman for both systems at $25.

is there anything that's cheap at FS/BB that has 8+ tiv at EB? I'm trying to find 4 to trade in at EB for the PS3 deal, I have one, but need three more. If I could find three $20 games and do the B2G1F, I'd spend the $40 for the $100 discount on the PS3.

I know of tivs.ca but it's a pain going through the FS site and comparing tivs, just wondering if anyone knows any titles off the top of their head.

[quote name='telepathy']Does anyone know the tiv for Assassin's creed 2 for the PS3? I was considering trading it in & then getting the Master Assassin's Edition.[/QUOTE]

It's $40 everywhere except for BBV. I also found out these TIVs tonight at BBV

Wheelman PS3/360 $15
F.E.A.R. 2 PS3/360 $15
Armoured Core: For Answer $9

[quote name='greywolf501']It's $40 everywhere except for BBV. I also found out these TIVs tonight at BBV

Wheelman PS3/360 $15
F.E.A.R. 2 PS3/360 $15
Armoured Core: For Answer $9[/QUOTE]

thank you very much!

[quote name='Grease_Bits']EB
Wheelman 360 - $11ish
Madworld Wii - 4.75

I'm one game short of T3G1F and I'm fairly certain that Wheelman for the 360 won't hold up longer so I have to find a game quick.[/QUOTE]

you can do a trade 2 and pay the 20 bucks for most games 60-70, this should work at any EB, especially in Guelph, I've done this many times.

Left 4 Dead 2 (X360) was still $40 at Rogers as of today. (I updated on tivs.ca already).

Hey neksus, would it be possible to be able to toggle a greyout option for a value that hasn't been updated in say 45 days? For example, some games will show like a $35 tiv that is bolded from August (which obviously isn't still valid.)

EB games: Dec 12, 2009

Wii Fit Plus (game only) - $6.00
Fallout 3:GOTY (X360) - $40.00

Bestbuy
Fallout 3:GOTY (X360) - $19.50

Blockbuster
Wii Fit Plus (game only) - $20.00! (what?!)

Already updated on tivs.ca

Best Buy
World Series of Poker 2008: Battle for the Bracelets (360): $3.50
Tamagotchi: Party On! (Wii): $3.60

Futureshop
NBA 07 (PS3): $3
Blitz: The League (360): $2
Bionicle Heroes (360): $3.60

[quote name='TheHeeyyy']Best Buy
World Series of Poker 2008: Battle for the Bracelets (360): $3.50
Tamagotchi: Party On! (Wii): $3.60

Futureshop
NBA 07 (PS3): $3
Blitz: The League (360): $2
Bionicle Heroes (360): $3.60[/QUOTE]

Someone's been busy with the $0.96 games at The Source

[quote name='Corizzle']Someone's been busy with the $0.96 games at The Source[/QUOTE]
I'm too lazy to write-up a new response lol, so I'm just gonna copy/paste what I wrote on RFD:
I just traded-in an extra copy of those games out-of curiosity (probably would've been laughed at in EBGames if I tried there). The primary purpose of getting those games is to build-up a "turd" collection that I can use in the future for EBGames trade-ins.

BBV
Hellboy: Science of Evil PS3 $7.50

EB
Wheelman 360 $10
Quantom of Solace 360 $3.50
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 360 $7.50

And for the hell of it, I asked how much a Wii Remote goes for because I have an extra one, $7. They sell them for $39.99 and they can hardly keep them on the shelf, especially this close to Christmas so I assumed it would be at least $20 as that's what they have given for them for a long time, but nope, they offer $7 so it's not even worth my time.

bread's done
Back