[Canada] EB Games, Blockbuster Video, and Future Shop Trade-in Values List

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Update 3: The new website is http://www.tivs.ca thanks to neksus!

Update 2:

Lone Prodigy is awesome and made a new one: http://ebtradeinvalues.scribblewiki.com/Main_Page

Update:
Please update the wiki yourself. The new wiki is http://www.citgocapital.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

RFDers use/edit it as well.

Alright, the Americans have a wiki page with all the EB Games trade-in values and I figured we might as well start one for the Canadian EB. It's good reference for if we ever want to sell our soul or maybe take advantage of loopholes in their promos! I'll try and keep the list updated as much as possible.

If you have info to add, please do so in the following format:
*Game Name - $# - Month Day, Year
For example:
*Sonic Mega Collection - $8 - September 29th, 2006.

Group them by system please!

Wiki Link: http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/EB_trade_in_values_-_Canada

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE='Cube Daddy;7105106]Monster Hunter Tri (Wii)

EB - $15
FS - $17[/QUOTE]

Wow, really? That's really low for something that came out yesterday...

Maybe they're just anticipating that people wouldn't initially like it and would immediately trade it in. Hopefully it rises in a few weeks time.

[quote name='spzero']Wow, really? That's really low for something that came out yesterday...

Maybe they're just anticipating that people wouldn't initially like it and would immediately trade it in. Hopefully it rises in a few weeks time.[/QUOTE]

lmao, it will rise for sure, shipment were so limited everywhere, you should hold onto it.

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']lmao, it will rise for sure, shipment were so limited everywhere, you should hold onto it.[/QUOTE]

Don't have it yet. Though I was planning on buying it tomorrow then possibly trade it in for RDR/AW on the 18th of next month. Though the TIV might have gotten me a bit worried about doing so...

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']you should hold onto it.[/QUOTE]

...I think I'll take your advice. :) I don't expect NSMBWii levels of TIV, but I know we can do better than this.

[QUOTE='Cube Daddy;7105472]...I think I'll take your advice. :) I don't expect NSMBWii levels of TIV, but I know we can do better than this.[/QUOTE]

Well if this means anything I use Kijiji to "guess" TIVs and Monster is selling much better than anything else right now.

[quote name='Lucas252']Does anyone know the trade in value for James Cameron avatar for the ps3?

thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

check out tivs.ca, some of the values are out of date so you might have to call locations or go in and ask.

[QUOTE='Cube Daddy;7105106]Monster Hunter Tri (Wii)

EB - $15
FS - $17[/QUOTE]

It was a power trade which tend to start out at pretty low TIVs.

[quote name='Rastafari']Where are you guys from? West coast or east coast? Curious who is getting the banhammer.[/QUOTE]
Im on the East, Toronto. My friend called EB Head Office and they said flagging was up to the distric managers.

EBGames 4/21:

Prison Break (X360) - $25.00
TNA Impact (X360) - $0.50
Rainbox 6 Vegas (X360) - $2.00
NHL 09 (X360) - $0.10
Sonic & Sega All Star Racing (X360) - $24.00

As of today at FS:
(PS3) Ratchet & Clank: A Crack In Time - $15 (Which I used to get Avatar Blu Ray free! Whee!)
(PS3) Dragon Age Origins - $30 (It went up pretty nicely from what's on TIVs. Not quite as nice as other places, but I wanted some FS credit).

4/21

Ebgames TIV
James Cameron's Avatar: The Game (PS3): $17.00
Grand Theft Auto IV: Episodes from Liberty City (PS3): $22.00

Blockbuster:
James Cameron's Avatar: The Game (PS3): $14.00
Grand Theft Auto IV: Episodes from Liberty City (PS3): $30.00
Bayonetta (360): $20.00

4/22

EB Games:

Dragon Age: Origins (360) - $30 (used this for power trade towards SSFIV and it equaled a straight up trade!)
Uncharted 2 (PS3) - $28
Final Fantasy XIII (PS3) - $25
NHL 10 (360) - $20

BB TIVS April 22:
PS3 Battlefield Bad Company 2 - $45 (traded it)
PS3 MLB Show 10 - $22 (used God of War 3)
PS3 Metal Gear Solid 4- $8 (did not trade in0

[quote name='JnJosh']Eb May Promo, trade 5 get 2 new releases free.
Choose between skate 3, lost planet 2, or prince of persia[/QUOTE]
Aren't some of these games GG?

You trade 5 games for Skate 3 ($70) and Prince of Persia ($60), you get +- $130 credit back by bringing back the 2 games... gives you $26 per game you traded + 1 week rentals.

[quote name='JnJosh']Eb May Promo, trade 5 get 2 new releases free.
Choose between skate 3, lost planet 2, or prince of persia[/QUOTE]
God damn it, Winnipeg. :bomb::bomb:

It seems some stores will give you 25 for Halo Wars while some others 21. Ive been quoted 21 everywhere around here, yet people on RFD have been getting 25 all week long.

Weird.

[quote name='cashinstinct']Aren't some of these games GG?

You trade 5 games for Skate 3 ($70) and Prince of Persia ($60), you get +- $130 credit back by bringing back the 2 games... gives you $26 per game you traded + 1 week rentals.[/QUOTE]

Are Skate 3 and Prince of Persia Gaming Guarantee titles?

yup they're gg titles, not PoP though, yet anyway.

trade 2 for any 50$+ used title
no gamedays sale stuff, weird.
150~$ trade credit for wii, could be off by a few dollars but i dont think so.

EB Games, today:

Mass Effect 2 (360) - $40
Just Cause 2 (PS3) - $22
Dragon Age Origins - Awakening (PS3) - $20
Mass Effect (360) - $12

Rogers told me $35 for Mario Kart Wii as of April 28th.

Every damn time I call a Rogers they claim it's impossible to look up a game value and then I call a different Rogers and the guy looks it up immediately. Liars.

So is Demon Soul's still 35$ TIV (and expected to stay that way?)

Im asking since someone wants to trade me Demon Soul for Heavy Rain.

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']So is Demon Soul's still 35$ TIV (and expected to stay that way?)

Im asking since someone wants to trade me Demon Soul for Heavy Rain.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is.

If anyone has Darksiders and is thinking of trading it in, do it now!!! The price of the game has dropped to $40 new, $37 used, but I traded it in today and still got the $30 that they have it listed at as a most wanted. I used it as a power trade towards SSFIV!

May 8, 2010

Futureshop
Dragon Age Origins (PS3/360): $20
Army of Two: The 40th Day (360): $20
Kengo: Legend of the 9 (360): $0.25
NHL 2K10 (360): $9

EBGames
Dragon Age Origins (PS3/360): $25
Army of Two: The 40th Day (360): $25
Kengo: Legend of the 9 (360): $0.75
NHL 2K10 (360): $3

Blockbuster
Dragon Age Origins (PS3/360): $24
Army of Two: The 40th Day (360): $24

Rogers Plus
Dragon Age Origins (PS3/360): $23.75

Long time lurker and first time poster.

Just wanted to say that yesterday at Blockbuster Video I got 30$ trade in for Just Cause 2 (360). The guy at the counter was surprised it was still that high. I was fortunate to just spend about 40$ on it at Wal-Mart in the first place.

Do you guys think EB will give $40 tiv for LP2 ? I doubt it since WM/BB/FS all selling it for $40 on Tuesday. I wanted to use BB credit to buy it and then PT it for Split/Second

No chance it'll be $40 TIV. If you want to PT, check out Halo Wars.. it's $19.99 used at FS, BBV (and maybe BB?) and trades in at $25 at EB ($37.50 after PT)

does anyone know what the TIVs are for Street Fighter IV PS3? (not SSF4) please help! thanks!

(i usually do my own tiv scouting, but i recently got a job and i can't do it from work =b)

edit: i see at eb it's $14 as of today? unless i'm reading the tivs site wrong... anyone have any idea what it is at other places?

EBGames

Marble Saga Kororinpa 7$
Dirt 2 Wii 7$
Twilight Scene it Wii 13$
Tornado Outbreak Wii 12.50$
Castlevania Judgement 9$
Little Big Planet GOTY 10$

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']EBGames

Marble Saga Kororinpa 7$
Dirt 2 Wii 7$
Twilight Scene it Wii 13$
Tornado Outbreak Wii 12.50$
Castlevania Judgement 9$
Little Big Planet GOTY 10$[/QUOTE]

curious as to which eb gave you these values? there's talk over on redflag that some eb's in montreal are giving 7.00 value for games like outbreak and number of similar games. I myself have Judgement I'd like to get rid of.

Futureshop:

All PS3

Harry Potter - Half Blood $3
Blacksite Area 51 - $3
Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce - $19
Lego Rockband - $15

[quote name='inconspikuous']does anyone know what the TIVs are for Street Fighter IV PS3? (not SSF4) please help! thanks!

(i usually do my own tiv scouting, but i recently got a job and i can't do it from work =b)

edit: i see at eb it's $14 as of today? unless i'm reading the tivs site wrong... anyone have any idea what it is at other places?[/QUOTE]

I was there yesterday and had it checked because I wanted to either 3/1 or do that used game deal they have. That's the value.

bread's done
Back