[Canada] EB Games Gamedays July 3rd-August 01st

kathos

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hey guys Game Days is back! For some reason! Guess they were really disappointed from the first one's lack of sales (because well... the sales sucked). Here goes! The deals will be listed as they are in the flyer:

Note! I left out the Crap that was the regular price (like UFC or Fight Night Round 4 or Tiger Woods 2010 Wii) that were advertised but stayed the same price.

Xbox 360 PRO

- Buy a PRO kit and get NHL 2k8, Sega Superstar Tennis or Alone in the Dark for free. $299.99

Xbox 360 ELITE

- Get a free "gift" with purchase, which is either a GTA duffel bag or a GTA "Statue of Happiness" statue. $399.99

Xbox 360 Family Bundle

- Scene It? Box Office Smash (w/ 4 controllers), Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts and You're In The Movies (w/ Live Vision cam) all in one pack. $69.99

PS3 80GB

- Free Motorstorm Pacific Rift or Resistance 2 with purchase of 80GB system. $399.99

PSP

- Buy ANY PSP SKU (from the stand-alone to the bundles) get Daxter and Twisted Metal: Head On. The picture only shows $199.99 as a price but it has a picture of the stand-alone SKU there too so one can only assume.

Wii

- Wii bundle, comes with Punch Out! priced at $319.99. Save $20 it says.

- Get a Wii for $49.99 if you trade in 10 current-gen games with minimum $8 TIV w/ case and manual.

Nintendo DSi

- DSi bundle, comes with GTA Chinatown Wars and a sticker pack for $229.99 you says $10 it says.

- Get a DSi for $49.99 when you trade in 6 current-gen games with minimum $8 TIV w/ case and manual.

Weekly Specials

- July 3rd-July 09th: 2-for-$20 on all used games ($9.99-$14.99) for last gen (PS2/GC/XBOX)

- July 10th-July 16th: 2-for-$40 on all used games ($19.99-$24.99) for last gen (PS2/GC/XBOX)

- July 17th-July 23rd: Save up to 50% on used accessories with purcahse of used game:

- Buy a $9.99 used game and save 10% on used accessory.
- Buy a $14.99 used game and save 25% on used accessory.
- Buy a $19.99 used game and save 50% on a used accessory.

Multiplatform games

- COD4 $29.99 (July 3th-July 16th)
- COD: WaW $49.99 (July 3rd-July 16th only)
- G-Force $59.99
- Ghostbusters $59.99
- Guitar Hero Metallica $49.99 (July 3th-July 16th)
- Guitar Hero World Tour $49.99
- Guitar Hero World Tour Full Kit $159.99 (PS3/360 only, PS2 kit $149.99)
- Overlord 2 $59.99 (Wii $49.99)
- Red Faction Guerilla $59.99 (July 13th-July 19th)
- Rock Band 2 full kit $169.99 (all systems)
- Rock Band 2 software only $49.99 (Wii $39.99)
-
Rock Band ACDC $9.99 (all systems)
- Wolfenstein $59.99
- WWE Legends of Wrestling $49.99 (July 3rd-July 9th)

PS3/PSP Games

- SOCOM w/ Headset $39.99
- All PS3 GH games $5 off

- Resistance: Retribution $19.99

Wii

- Battle of the Bands $7.99
- Naked Brothers Band $7.99
- Wii Sports Resort $59.99 w/ free Wii Sports Resort branded frisbee with pre-order, a real frisbee.

DS

- Guitar Hero ON TOUR Modern Hits $39.99

PC

- Guild Wars Trilogy $59.99 w/ free Eye Of The North expansion pack

Have fun guys! Also there's DAILY DEAL DROPS, hopefully they won't fail as bad as they did last game day, personally I think they're doing it again 'cause last time it completely fell through the floor. The guys that are on my watch-list get ready to be emailed and post in the same spot as always! We're back on!

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, I just noticed AC/DC Track pack is actually $9.99 in their Game Days flyer. So you save a whopping 10 cents with today's door crasher. Good job, EB. :applause:

[quote name='Jouvert']Today's deal is AC/DC Track Pack for $9.89, according to klepto on RFD, while the used price is still $24. It doesn't make sense since it's already at that price for this entire month and it's even $4.89 at some EBs.[/QUOTE]

I dont think the gamedays includes used games at the sale prices anymore... it was probably because people were using the EDGE discount card to get it for less because when I went to buy my used copy of MGS the system said my edge card didnt go though.

[quote name='thelaughingman']I dont think the gamedays includes used games at the sale prices anymore... it was probably because people were using the EDGE discount card to get it for less because when I went to buy my used copy of MGS the system said my edge card didnt go though.[/QUOTE]

yeah it's weird when you want to buy a used copy of a $9.99 game and they
ring it up at $40-50. i don't get the reasoning. i'd be more inclined to sell
the used copy cause that's 100% profit and none of it is going to the
manufacturers or designers.

also weird. going in to the stores today that had Wii - AC/DC for $4.96 yesterday.
and seeing it on SALE officially for $9.99.
i'll wait till it's off sale to buy it thanks!
how many times have you said that? i'll pay regular price later!

looks like the Fallout 3:CE is $29.99 today, PS3 only. Personally I'd buy the package and trade in the game to FS where it's TIV is $40, then use that credit to buy the GOTY Edition arriving in October. You'd end up paying around $65 for all the extras, and Fallout 3 w/ all the DLC!

I bought the CE a while back at TSCC for $59.96, and traded in the game to EB for $40, and for the $20 I paid, I think the extras were worth it. Now you can do the same thing, but YOU are getting paid to get the extras! Don't hesitate, spendulate!

[quote name='game_fanatic']I bought the CE a while back at TSCC for $59.96, and traded in the game to EB for $40, and for the $20 I paid, I think the extras were worth it. Now you can do the same thing, but YOU are getting paid to get the extras! Don't hesitate, spendulate![/QUOTE]

Stop using your evil logic on me, I don't need an incredibly cool bobblehead or lunchbox!

Maybe I'll go by and they'll be out of stock. I don't know if that will make me happy or sad... :bomb:

I've been planning since this dropped to pick it up for the freebies. Even if I had to pay $40 + tax and lose the $4, I want that bobblehead! My brother picked up the CE from launch whereas I had regular and I was sad :(

Ugh, PS3 only. Not that I have any problem with the PS3, but I'd prefer to pick up where I left when I rented it for the 360. Oh well.

There were still a bunch left in Eatons centre 20 mins ago. Got my copy, though the cashier didn't mind selling multiples at a time so hopefully people who go there only take 1.

Ugh...very tempted to pick up FO3 CE.... Though I am just finishing up Infamous for the second time and still haven't touched MGS4 from the previous two steals for deals I got on them. I was gonna wait for the GOTY edition anyways.

[quote name='spzero']There were still a bunch left in Eatons centre 20 mins ago. Got my copy, though the cashier didn't mind selling multiples at a time so hopefully people who go there only take 1.[/QUOTE]

Buy 10, trade in at FS for $400 credit, sell the lunchbox/bobbleheads for $20 each, $400 GC + $200 for $300+tax. :roll:

Went in this morning to get F3, clerk told me todays deal was ACDC Wii. I asked about Fallout and he checked, price is $29.99 but he had none in stock, and hasn't for a long time. He even called the other EB and they had none either, so they are keeping ACDC on sale for today. I am very disappointed.

I've only tried twice to get anything during this sale (GTA4 CE the other) and have come out empty handed, despite being there at opening (left GTA4 due to the price, but they only had 1 copy of it than). I thought someone said every EB was to have 2 copies minimum?

Yeah same.

I would've picked up Force Unleashed but I had totally forgotten about the daily drops until the day after

Damnit, my inner CAG got the best of me. I called my E B and they had 4 left so I left work and bought one. ugh...I suppose $30 for CE + DLC will be about the same as waiting and buying the GOTY edition, except i get the extra goodies of the CE.
In any case, 3 left at EB in Centre Mall, Saskatoon

I called this morning (right when they opened), they had four left. I asked the employee if he can hold one for me for 30 minutes and he said, "sure, but I don't think we will run out by the time you get here"
So I get there (10-15 minutes after I called), and all of them are sold out, but luckily the EB employee actually did hold one for me.

[quote name='Sousanator']I called this morning (right when they opened), they had four left. I asked the employee if he can hold one for me for 30 minutes and he said, "sure, but I don't think we will run out by the time you get here"
So I get there (10-15 minutes after I called), and all of them are sold out, but luckily the EB employee actually did hold one for me.[/QUOTE]

thats the RFD effect for you right there

Unrelated, but when The Last Remnant was on sale I called a place and they said they were not allowed to put GD games on hold. 0_o I actually went somewhere else to get it, but I found it strange that they would tell me that, especially now that I see people talking about them actually putting games on hold for them. You know, this has even happened to me with normal games, being told they are not allowed to put them on hold (when I've done so in the past at the very same EB...)

[quote name='TronB']Unrelated, but when The Last Remnant was on sale I called a place and they said they were not allowed to put GD games on hold. 0_o I actually went somewhere else to get it, but I found it strange that they would tell me that, especially now that I see people talking about them actually putting games on hold for them. You know, this has even happened to me with normal games, being told they are not allowed to put them on hold (when I've done so in the past at the very same EB...)[/QUOTE]

Depends on the store. I go to one store and they always put stuff on hold while another one never will.

I believe tomorrow's deal is My Sims for the PC.

I did get to see a list for the rest of the week. Not much good on there (and no prices yet). Friday's deal, however, looks pretty darn good and I'll be at my EB right when they open. :)

[quote name='Amankhan']I believe tomorrow's deal is My Sims for the PC.

I did get to see a list for the rest of the week. Not much good on there (and no prices yet). Friday's deal, however, looks pretty darn good and I'll be at my EB right when they open. :)[/QUOTE]

You're not going to be nice enough to share on what's coming up this Friday?

On another note, there's a rumour around that it'll be $20 Uncharted for tomorrow. I don't believe it, but if it it is, I'll be incredibly happy.

[quote name='Amankhan']I believe tomorrow's deal is My Sims for the PC.

I did get to see a list for the rest of the week. Not much good on there (and no prices yet). Friday's deal, however, looks pretty darn good and I'll be at my EB right when they open. :)[/QUOTE]

And what is Friday's deal?

Ah, might as well post since a lot of stores won't have it in stock.

Tom Clancy's End War for the 360. This includes the wireless headset.

[quote name='Amankhan']Ah, might as well post since a lot of stores won't have it in stock.

Tom Clancy's End War for the 360. This includes the wireless headset.[/QUOTE]

oh snap!

oh i was trying to post a while ago, around 3 pm, guess the message didn't go through until the next time i signed in on the ipod.

I didn't see it yet so I can't comment on this weeks but End War with a headset for 10 would be a no brainer, 20 even, 30 MAYBE, depends how bad i want another wireless headset, the game is a pos.

We got FO3 today, but now I'm the one saying why don't they have this deal for the PS3?
Also, I suggest anyone who sees it in store and wants it, buy it now and PM when it goes up if possible. Once this hits RFD, adios.

Personally, I would have rather had the EndWar with the headset than FO3 CE. I liked EndWar and well, another PS3 headset for my second PS3 would be incredible

[quote name='spzero']Personally, I would have rather had the EndWar with the headset than FO3 CE. I liked EndWar and well, another PS3 headset for my second PS3 would be incredible[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Not that the FO3 deal is bad, probably one of the best deals from this sale. But I still didn't get it since I'd rather get EW with the headset because I want the official headset and BBV would (hopefully) give me $10 for EndWar.

thankfully, didnt even go to EB today, just studied in a local library :)
so i guess in this game days, i only picked up POP, Ace attorney, and Odin sphere... hmmm. not bad.

but was aiming for Bioshock and FarCry2 :(

The only thing I've gotten so far in these gamedays is the FO3 CE. I wanted the MGS4CE and the GTA4CE but the former was sold out when I got there and the latter had one copy left, but it was a bit more expensive than what I had prepared for (was told prior it would be around $30).

Too bad. I would have loved to have capitalized on more of the deals. Funny thing is, I've been buying a ton of games, full priced.

Also from elitesniper17 at RFD:
According to a friend who came back from EB, the next 4 days are:

7/28/09 - MySims (PC)
7/29/09 - Pirates of the Carribean (PS2)
7/30/09 - some fighting game (he forgot)
7/31/09 - Tom Clancy's EndWar LE (360)

This is what the EB employee told him. We'll see.

Those PotC games are horrendous for the PS2. I played Legend of Jack Sparrow, and I think the newer one is the same game but based on the last movie. Avoid them like ass cancer.

[quote name='Bencherstyle']thankfully, didnt even go to EB today, just studied in a local library :)
so i guess in this game days, i only picked up POP, Ace attorney, and Odin sphere... hmmm. not bad.

but was aiming for Bioshock and FarCry2 :([/QUOTE]
When did that happen?

Updated, upcoming games (courtesy of RFD).

Tuesday - My Sims (PC)
Wednesday - Pirates Of The Caribbean 3 (PS2)
Thursday - Tony Hawk's Proving Ground (360)
Friday - End War (with wireless headset) (360)

No prices. Pretty meh, if true.

im actually kinda sad since i was out of town watching whales instead of trying to find Fallout 3 CEs since i kinda wanted to play that game

luckily by the time i get back, the good deals will be back on track (srsly, wtf is w/some of these dud weeks)

[quote name='telepathy']im actually kinda sad since i was out of town watching whales instead of trying to find Fallout 3 CEs since i kinda wanted to play that game

luckily by the time i get back, the good deals will be back on track (srsly, wtf is w/some of these dud weeks)[/QUOTE]

Do you live in Vancouver? I heard there was some whale impaled by a cruise boat :D:D:D.

And I think EB's just getting rid of whatever's littering their warehouses, I don't think anyone actually truly thinks that CoD WaW: Final Fronts is actually doing people a favour.

[quote name='Jouvert']Updated, upcoming games (courtesy of RFD).

Tuesday - My Sims (PC)
Wednesday - Pirates Of The Caribbean 3 (PS2)
Thursday - Tony Hawk's Proving Ground (360)
Friday - End War (with wireless headset) (360)

No prices. Pretty meh, if true.[/QUOTE]

WOW they went out with a bang on these deals.

[quote name='spzero']You're not going to be nice enough to share on what's coming up this Friday?

On another note, there's a rumour around that it'll be $20 Uncharted for tomorrow. I don't believe it, but if it it is, I'll be incredibly happy.[/QUOTE]
I'd piss my pants if it was. I want to go through the story before 2 comes out, but I don't want to pay full price for it, especially since its already a platinum title in Europe (their equivalent to Greatest Hits)

[quote name='ducksoda7']When did that happen?[/QUOTE]
Odin Sphere was last year, Phoenix Wright a year or 2 earlier, back when the game was nigh impossible to find.

bread's done
Back