[Canada] EB Games Gamedays July 3rd-August 01st

kathos

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hey guys Game Days is back! For some reason! Guess they were really disappointed from the first one's lack of sales (because well... the sales sucked). Here goes! The deals will be listed as they are in the flyer:

Note! I left out the Crap that was the regular price (like UFC or Fight Night Round 4 or Tiger Woods 2010 Wii) that were advertised but stayed the same price.

Xbox 360 PRO

- Buy a PRO kit and get NHL 2k8, Sega Superstar Tennis or Alone in the Dark for free. $299.99

Xbox 360 ELITE

- Get a free "gift" with purchase, which is either a GTA duffel bag or a GTA "Statue of Happiness" statue. $399.99

Xbox 360 Family Bundle

- Scene It? Box Office Smash (w/ 4 controllers), Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts and You're In The Movies (w/ Live Vision cam) all in one pack. $69.99

PS3 80GB

- Free Motorstorm Pacific Rift or Resistance 2 with purchase of 80GB system. $399.99

PSP

- Buy ANY PSP SKU (from the stand-alone to the bundles) get Daxter and Twisted Metal: Head On. The picture only shows $199.99 as a price but it has a picture of the stand-alone SKU there too so one can only assume.

Wii

- Wii bundle, comes with Punch Out! priced at $319.99. Save $20 it says.

- Get a Wii for $49.99 if you trade in 10 current-gen games with minimum $8 TIV w/ case and manual.

Nintendo DSi

- DSi bundle, comes with GTA Chinatown Wars and a sticker pack for $229.99 you says $10 it says.

- Get a DSi for $49.99 when you trade in 6 current-gen games with minimum $8 TIV w/ case and manual.

Weekly Specials

- July 3rd-July 09th: 2-for-$20 on all used games ($9.99-$14.99) for last gen (PS2/GC/XBOX)

- July 10th-July 16th: 2-for-$40 on all used games ($19.99-$24.99) for last gen (PS2/GC/XBOX)

- July 17th-July 23rd: Save up to 50% on used accessories with purcahse of used game:

- Buy a $9.99 used game and save 10% on used accessory.
- Buy a $14.99 used game and save 25% on used accessory.
- Buy a $19.99 used game and save 50% on a used accessory.

Multiplatform games

- COD4 $29.99 (July 3th-July 16th)
- COD: WaW $49.99 (July 3rd-July 16th only)
- G-Force $59.99
- Ghostbusters $59.99
- Guitar Hero Metallica $49.99 (July 3th-July 16th)
- Guitar Hero World Tour $49.99
- Guitar Hero World Tour Full Kit $159.99 (PS3/360 only, PS2 kit $149.99)
- Overlord 2 $59.99 (Wii $49.99)
- Red Faction Guerilla $59.99 (July 13th-July 19th)
- Rock Band 2 full kit $169.99 (all systems)
- Rock Band 2 software only $49.99 (Wii $39.99)
-
Rock Band ACDC $9.99 (all systems)
- Wolfenstein $59.99
- WWE Legends of Wrestling $49.99 (July 3rd-July 9th)

PS3/PSP Games

- SOCOM w/ Headset $39.99
- All PS3 GH games $5 off

- Resistance: Retribution $19.99

Wii

- Battle of the Bands $7.99
- Naked Brothers Band $7.99
- Wii Sports Resort $59.99 w/ free Wii Sports Resort branded frisbee with pre-order, a real frisbee.

DS

- Guitar Hero ON TOUR Modern Hits $39.99

PC

- Guild Wars Trilogy $59.99 w/ free Eye Of The North expansion pack

Have fun guys! Also there's DAILY DEAL DROPS, hopefully they won't fail as bad as they did last game day, personally I think they're doing it again 'cause last time it completely fell through the floor. The guys that are on my watch-list get ready to be emailed and post in the same spot as always! We're back on!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='musdy']It's Dragon Quest: Monsters for $19.89.[/QUOTE]

For the DS? They had that for $5 last year as a Gamedays deal. Unless there's a Wii one that I'm unaware of

[quote name='thegamecubist']Both Dragon Quests (Swords and DQM) are $19.89. Wario Land: Shake It! is $24.99.

I left the store empty handed.[/QUOTE]

DQ: Swords or Wario Land: Shake It! for $10 would've been awesome... But $20/$25 is just a little bit more than what I'm willing to pay.

Oh well, thanks for the heads up!

[quote name='thegamecubist']Both Dragon Quests (Swords and DQM) are $19.89. Wario Land: Shake It! is $24.99.

I picked up Wario since it's $50 everywhere else ($40 at amazon.ca) and I've wanted it for a long time.

I was sorta looking forward to Wario Land - it's one of those games for me where I know I want it, but I'm always like "eh, later". $25 is a bit too rich for me right now though.

I was hoping it was DQV that was on sale!

hmm i guess ebgames lied to me when i called. sorry for anyone who read my post and thought it was 19.99 like i did!

[quote name='Fuzzy']I picked up Wario since it's $50 everywhere else ($40 at amazon.ca) and I've wanted it for a long time.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, me too. Both Game Days this year were pretty bad for me. 1 game each sale.... hmm, and I'm not even sure that the game I bought last Game Days was part of their promotion...

[quote name='1_blue_pixel']Yeah, me too. Both Game Days this year were pretty bad for me. 1 game each sale.... hmm, and I'm not even sure that the game I bought last Game Days was part of their promotion...[/QUOTE]
Better than what I picked up from both. Nothing. The only game I was even remotely interested in, that I didn't already have, and I was in New York at the time. :bomb:

Lolz, I picked up endwar yesterday and the mic does not work... Whats gonna happen when I return it? I bought the last copy yesterday and I just want the headset because I already have endwar... any help appreacitated

[quote name='kento951']Lolz, I picked up endwar yesterday and the mic does not work... Whats gonna happen when I return it? I bought the last copy yesterday and I just want the headset because I already have endwar... any help appreacitated[/QUOTE]

Did you try charging it overnight? Apparently the headset doesn't turn on right away.

[quote name='Jouvert']Did you try charging it overnight? Apparently the headset doesn't turn on right away.[/QUOTE]

This is false. I too had a headset that would not turn on so I let it charge overnight. Nothing. I exchanged it and my new one turned on instantly.

[quote name='kento951']Lolz, I picked up endwar yesterday and the mic does not work... Whats gonna happen when I return it? I bought the last copy yesterday and I just want the headset because I already have endwar... any help appreacitated[/QUOTE]

Well, I assume they'll try it for themselves, but you should definitely charge as it it says in the manual, then at least you can truthfully say you tried.
What headset is it? If it's something they sell in store, maybe suggest giving you one new in package?

Picked up Wario Land, I got it from a TRU sale last year, but sold it.

EB Games to Sony: "PSP, what PSP?"

Super wishful thinking, but I had hoped for bomba priced RockBand Unplugged (I would have bit at $25), or cheaper prices of GH games. Instead, nothing.

I was disappointed that Wario Shake and DQ: Swords were more than 10 bucks. I would have picked up either one for that price, but not for 20-25.

Didn't even see the DS game at my EB, heh

Wario is a good deal at $25 - it's not something to complain about - but I've got a decent backlog already so if the deal isn't hot then I'm not biting.

Wii owners didn't have it great this sale, but Animal Crossing and Wario make two first party games at good sale prices, which usually doesn't happen for Nintendo IP. So I guess that's not so bad!

My endwar headset didn't work (didn't charge at all), so I took it back and they just exchanged it with a normal wireless headset.

[quote name='TripleQ']My endwar headset didn't work (didn't charge at all), so I took it back and they just exchanged it with a normal wireless headset.[/QUOTE]
LOLZ! I did the exact same thing...

Good old Ubisoft picking the cream of the crap in terms of build quality since before I was born!

From this I only hit Wario Land: Shake It!, and Animal Crossing: City Folk with Wii Speak.

I'm not sure how people complain about a sale not being good enough. It was still a sale that you benefited from, be happy they had it to begin with.
I came out with a $10 copy of Prince of Persia. I probably won't play it for a few months, but I'm happy that I had the opportunity to grab a cheap copy.

Stupid question and kind of OT but is EB Games open tomorrow *holiday Monday*. I'm never too sure how this holiday works in Toronto.

[quote name='DoctorWho']Stupid question and kind of OT but is EB Games open tomorrow *holiday Monday*. I'm never too sure how this holiday works in Toronto.[/QUOTE]
It's a civic holiday so that means everything is open unless it's a city service.

bread's done
Back