[Canada] EB Games Gamedays July 3rd-August 01st

kathos

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hey guys Game Days is back! For some reason! Guess they were really disappointed from the first one's lack of sales (because well... the sales sucked). Here goes! The deals will be listed as they are in the flyer:

Note! I left out the Crap that was the regular price (like UFC or Fight Night Round 4 or Tiger Woods 2010 Wii) that were advertised but stayed the same price.

Xbox 360 PRO

- Buy a PRO kit and get NHL 2k8, Sega Superstar Tennis or Alone in the Dark for free. $299.99

Xbox 360 ELITE

- Get a free "gift" with purchase, which is either a GTA duffel bag or a GTA "Statue of Happiness" statue. $399.99

Xbox 360 Family Bundle

- Scene It? Box Office Smash (w/ 4 controllers), Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts and You're In The Movies (w/ Live Vision cam) all in one pack. $69.99

PS3 80GB

- Free Motorstorm Pacific Rift or Resistance 2 with purchase of 80GB system. $399.99

PSP

- Buy ANY PSP SKU (from the stand-alone to the bundles) get Daxter and Twisted Metal: Head On. The picture only shows $199.99 as a price but it has a picture of the stand-alone SKU there too so one can only assume.

Wii

- Wii bundle, comes with Punch Out! priced at $319.99. Save $20 it says.

- Get a Wii for $49.99 if you trade in 10 current-gen games with minimum $8 TIV w/ case and manual.

Nintendo DSi

- DSi bundle, comes with GTA Chinatown Wars and a sticker pack for $229.99 you says $10 it says.

- Get a DSi for $49.99 when you trade in 6 current-gen games with minimum $8 TIV w/ case and manual.

Weekly Specials

- July 3rd-July 09th: 2-for-$20 on all used games ($9.99-$14.99) for last gen (PS2/GC/XBOX)

- July 10th-July 16th: 2-for-$40 on all used games ($19.99-$24.99) for last gen (PS2/GC/XBOX)

- July 17th-July 23rd: Save up to 50% on used accessories with purcahse of used game:

- Buy a $9.99 used game and save 10% on used accessory.
- Buy a $14.99 used game and save 25% on used accessory.
- Buy a $19.99 used game and save 50% on a used accessory.

Multiplatform games

- COD4 $29.99 (July 3th-July 16th)
- COD: WaW $49.99 (July 3rd-July 16th only)
- G-Force $59.99
- Ghostbusters $59.99
- Guitar Hero Metallica $49.99 (July 3th-July 16th)
- Guitar Hero World Tour $49.99
- Guitar Hero World Tour Full Kit $159.99 (PS3/360 only, PS2 kit $149.99)
- Overlord 2 $59.99 (Wii $49.99)
- Red Faction Guerilla $59.99 (July 13th-July 19th)
- Rock Band 2 full kit $169.99 (all systems)
- Rock Band 2 software only $49.99 (Wii $39.99)
-
Rock Band ACDC $9.99 (all systems)
- Wolfenstein $59.99
- WWE Legends of Wrestling $49.99 (July 3rd-July 9th)

PS3/PSP Games

- SOCOM w/ Headset $39.99
- All PS3 GH games $5 off

- Resistance: Retribution $19.99

Wii

- Battle of the Bands $7.99
- Naked Brothers Band $7.99
- Wii Sports Resort $59.99 w/ free Wii Sports Resort branded frisbee with pre-order, a real frisbee.

DS

- Guitar Hero ON TOUR Modern Hits $39.99

PC

- Guild Wars Trilogy $59.99 w/ free Eye Of The North expansion pack

Have fun guys! Also there's DAILY DEAL DROPS, hopefully they won't fail as bad as they did last game day, personally I think they're doing it again 'cause last time it completely fell through the floor. The guys that are on my watch-list get ready to be emailed and post in the same spot as always! We're back on!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am happy to have trade paper mario gc (disc only) for $7... would have not liked to trade it for $0.50!!!

I understand that EB does not want old-console games anymore, they are filled with them and I suppose turn-over is quite low. They will probably wait till they can sell them, without reducing price too much.

[quote name='Ranzo']EB and GS will be price matching Best Buys Canada day specials.[/QUOTE]

100% sure on this? It would definitely make my morning a little less frantic if I could find inFAMOUS in other places for the same price.

[quote name='Firestorm']spzero, tell them to check their emails if they say no.[/QUOTE]

So far no email confirmation from me, might get an email tomorrow (since weekends are no-email-no-price-change days).

[quote name='jonkaho']is kleptodathief banned???

all of his posts are gone i think.[/QUOTE]
OT reply, but checking his profile shows...
he is.

[quote name='addone']OT reply, but checking his profile shows...
he is.[/QUOTE]

apple-employees-celebrate-iphone.jpg

lgbt_celebrate_021213.jpg

MoveItShakeIt_1_998.jpg

[quote name='kathos']So far no email confirmation from me, might get an email tomorrow (since weekends are no-email-no-price-change days).[/QUOTE]

Well Kathos, here's hoping that you get it. If you do, please share!

Choices are better than not...

[quote name='kathos']The world over baby.

Bet he'll come back though, it's the internet, you can't ban 'em forever.[/QUOTE]

for sure he is lurking right now!

he will come back with another account soon.

He's so banned, I can't even find his username anymore. I even looked for old posts from him, nada.

Hell, I even searched under the word "turd" and still couldn't find him. . If that didn't work, you know they totally :fridge: him.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']He's so banned, I can't even find his username anymore. I even looked for old posts from him, nada.

Hell, I even searched under the word "turd" and still couldn't find him. . If that didn't work, you know they totally :fridge: him.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='gamer602']hmm i wonder what klepto did to be banned...[/QUOTE]

Well they just banned his account right? Or his IP or who knows, he'll find a way to scurry back. But at least he can't get into the best parts of CAG now ^_^.

But. for the meanwhile...

horray_lrg.jpg

horray+for+friday+hat+throwing+paul+costello.bmp
celebrate.jpg

SriLankaWarOver.jpg
PS%20-%20We%20won.jpg

Sorry mods, couldn't help myself :D.

[quote name='ikariwarriors']Don't know if it's for Game Days, but I picked up Sam and Max Season 1 on the Wii for 9.98 yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Ooooo, that's pretty sweet... I might have to check if it's that price at my EB. :)

[quote name='neksus']On RFD he said the mod said he was trolling.[/QUOTE]:applause: It was only a matter of time. Hopefully he just leaves the site alone and doesn't lurk or create a new account.... wishful thinking!

[quote name='mahjongmaniac1']here is a pic of kleptodathief:

http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c307/kleptodathief/?action=view&current=kleptodathiefFU.jpg[/QUOTE]

Wow the stereotypical cheap, scummy Asian guy who wears the free hat and sunglasses he got when he signed up for his Visa and the coat he "scammed" off the church when they were having their "Clothe The Poor" giveaway.

I bet all this scamming's just to desperately meet his car payments.

He's the type of guy who wouldn't shop online because he thinks everyone is out to get him (but he himself wouldn't think twice before scamming his own mother most likely).

In before "OMG KATHOS UR RACIST", I just call 'em like I sees 'em (also I'll kick in the "I'm East Asian so it's ok" rule) godamned politically correct jerks.

About the PM,

Do you know if INFAMOUS's price will scan up at 29 or will it take an override??

My EB is directly across from my BEST BUY...but the aholes working there claims that EB does not have a PM policy...

[quote name='gamer602']About the PM,

Do you know if INFAMOUS's price will scan up at 29 or will it take an override??

My EB is directly across from my BEST BUY...but the aholes working there claims that EB does not have a PM policy...[/QUOTE]

I doubt it will show up in the POS. Ask the manager it was clearly told to them last monday.

It hasn't shown up in our emails, I think it's gonna come out as a price change and just revert back to regular price once the sale is over just like the Wal Mart 360 Arcade match they did.

[quote name='kathos']
In before "OMG KATHOS UR RACIST", I just call 'em like I sees 'em (also I'll kick in the "I'm East Asian so it's ok" rule) godamned politically correct jerks.[/QUOTE]

I fall in more with the 'don't lump this jerk with everyone else' group, since after all, one bad apple doesn't represent the bushel. It's only polite and proper that way. :p

But either way, fatguycheer.jpg.

[quote name='rkenshin']wonder if they'll drop the price of used copies of the games on sale?

I'll probably jump on that and use my edge card since I'm looking to get CoD WaW[/QUOTE]

Its kinda crazy, but they don't. Mainly cause the sale is only a few days.

I remember when I bought UT3 when they did the first sale price of $19.98 and the used copy was $19.99. I asked the guy, "Its cheaper to buy NEW?!?" He said yeah, cause its on sale right now.

It also took them a month to adjust their Greatest Hits pricing for PS3. Metal Gear 4 both NEW and USED were $29.99. I guess they don't change it right away because EDGE card holders get 10% off the used price.

Lmao, they're advertising Monster Hunter Freedom Unite for $40, which is $5 more then what it was when it launched. Super scam, they pulled that with Re: Chain of Memories as well.

Any news on the daily deals? I have tomorrow off (we worked Wednesday instead) so I can actually get there before it's cleared out if there's anything I want.

Hoooly crap. 120 GB HDDs are $155 used @_@ That's $77.50 after the discount. $97.50+tax if you count the extra game. Although if Edge discount stacks I might still do it. It's the same price as a used HDD on eBay really =/

Anyone know of some good $20 used games to get as filler? Maybe one that trades back in for $8? XD

[quote name='Firestorm']Hoooly crap. 120 GB HDDs are $155 used @_@ That's $77.50 after the discount. $97.50+tax if you count the extra game. Although if Edge discount stacks I might still do it. It's the same price as a used HDD on eBay really =/

Anyone know of some good $20 used games to get as filler? Maybe one that trades back in for $8? XD[/QUOTE]

Its hard to plan ahead for these kinds of things i think. Since the sale begins on the 17th for this promo which means theres a whole 2 weeks for the TIV of games to fluctuate.

Iduno about 19.99 but there are several 24.99 games that are above 8$ tiv. Is the promo strictly on 19.99 games only?

19.99+. Yeah, $24.99 is fine too. Or a good game that's $19.99 - $24.99. I doubt any store has Ico though x.x; Really want that.

[quote name='Firestorm']19.99+. Yeah, $24.99 is fine too. Or a good game that's $19.99 - $24.99. I doubt any store has Ico though x.x; Really want that.[/QUOTE]

You're going for
- Buy a $19.99 used game and save 50% on a used accessory.

Good idea....do you know how much 20GB and 60GB HDD are?

ATTN CAGERS!

Looks like EBGAMES HQ messed up the pricing on COD4 for both PS3 and 360.

I called this morning to a location and they said that the game is scanning for 39.99 NEW and 34.99 USED.

Not sure if some price override business is going to happen. But keep your receipts just in case!

[quote name='thelaughingman']ATTN CAGERS!

Looks like EBGAMES HQ messed up the pricing on COD4 for both PS3 and 360.

I called this morning to a location and they said that the game is scanning for 39.99 NEW and 34.99 USED.

Not sure if some price override business is going to happen. But keep your receipts just in case![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the nice heads-up!

Was just at Harmony Rd. EB and noticed used non-GH versions of R&C TOD and GT5P both going for $19.99 each. Heads up if anyone was still looking for the non-GH version of both of those games...check your local EB.

I think the game deal today is Prince of Persia (PS3/360) since it was marked down to 9.99 & when i talked to the clerk there at the store, he said they just marked it down today. Can anyone else confirm this?

[quote name='telepathy']I think the game deal today is Prince of Persia (PS3/360) since it was marked down to 9.99 & when i talked to the clerk there at the store, he said they just marked it down today. Can anyone else confirm this?[/QUOTE]

as long as RFD doesnt confirm, the deal should still be on.
... if you get my drift ;)

[quote name='telepathy']I think the game deal today is Prince of Persia (PS3/360) since it was marked down to 9.99 & when i talked to the clerk there at the store, he said they just marked it down today. Can anyone else confirm this?[/QUOTE]

OMG for real? Im so going tonight there if its true.

At the location i was at (Bayshore EB), they had a shitload for PS3. I didnt check 360 but i was told that it was also marked down too. Unless RFD is that greedy, im pretty sure there will still be plenty for everyone that wants it around my area at least.

$10 for PoP? Now that's the Gamedays we know and love. If I didn't own it already I'd be on that like Klepto on a ad misprint. Looks like there should be more good deals to look out for, though. Keeping my eyes peeled.

I was looking at the daily price drops for today and besides the $10 PoP they also have Eat Lead for $20, not sure if it's worth it or not but that was the most notable thing I noticed.

Holy crap! That's an awesome deal! I'd been waiting for a sale on that game ever since I missed out on the HMV boxing day deal.

bread's done
Back