[Canada] EB Games Gamedays July 3rd-August 01st

kathos

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hey guys Game Days is back! For some reason! Guess they were really disappointed from the first one's lack of sales (because well... the sales sucked). Here goes! The deals will be listed as they are in the flyer:

Note! I left out the Crap that was the regular price (like UFC or Fight Night Round 4 or Tiger Woods 2010 Wii) that were advertised but stayed the same price.

Xbox 360 PRO

- Buy a PRO kit and get NHL 2k8, Sega Superstar Tennis or Alone in the Dark for free. $299.99

Xbox 360 ELITE

- Get a free "gift" with purchase, which is either a GTA duffel bag or a GTA "Statue of Happiness" statue. $399.99

Xbox 360 Family Bundle

- Scene It? Box Office Smash (w/ 4 controllers), Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts and You're In The Movies (w/ Live Vision cam) all in one pack. $69.99

PS3 80GB

- Free Motorstorm Pacific Rift or Resistance 2 with purchase of 80GB system. $399.99

PSP

- Buy ANY PSP SKU (from the stand-alone to the bundles) get Daxter and Twisted Metal: Head On. The picture only shows $199.99 as a price but it has a picture of the stand-alone SKU there too so one can only assume.

Wii

- Wii bundle, comes with Punch Out! priced at $319.99. Save $20 it says.

- Get a Wii for $49.99 if you trade in 10 current-gen games with minimum $8 TIV w/ case and manual.

Nintendo DSi

- DSi bundle, comes with GTA Chinatown Wars and a sticker pack for $229.99 you says $10 it says.

- Get a DSi for $49.99 when you trade in 6 current-gen games with minimum $8 TIV w/ case and manual.

Weekly Specials

- July 3rd-July 09th: 2-for-$20 on all used games ($9.99-$14.99) for last gen (PS2/GC/XBOX)

- July 10th-July 16th: 2-for-$40 on all used games ($19.99-$24.99) for last gen (PS2/GC/XBOX)

- July 17th-July 23rd: Save up to 50% on used accessories with purcahse of used game:

- Buy a $9.99 used game and save 10% on used accessory.
- Buy a $14.99 used game and save 25% on used accessory.
- Buy a $19.99 used game and save 50% on a used accessory.

Multiplatform games

- COD4 $29.99 (July 3th-July 16th)
- COD: WaW $49.99 (July 3rd-July 16th only)
- G-Force $59.99
- Ghostbusters $59.99
- Guitar Hero Metallica $49.99 (July 3th-July 16th)
- Guitar Hero World Tour $49.99
- Guitar Hero World Tour Full Kit $159.99 (PS3/360 only, PS2 kit $149.99)
- Overlord 2 $59.99 (Wii $49.99)
- Red Faction Guerilla $59.99 (July 13th-July 19th)
- Rock Band 2 full kit $169.99 (all systems)
- Rock Band 2 software only $49.99 (Wii $39.99)
-
Rock Band ACDC $9.99 (all systems)
- Wolfenstein $59.99
- WWE Legends of Wrestling $49.99 (July 3rd-July 9th)

PS3/PSP Games

- SOCOM w/ Headset $39.99
- All PS3 GH games $5 off

- Resistance: Retribution $19.99

Wii

- Battle of the Bands $7.99
- Naked Brothers Band $7.99
- Wii Sports Resort $59.99 w/ free Wii Sports Resort branded frisbee with pre-order, a real frisbee.

DS

- Guitar Hero ON TOUR Modern Hits $39.99

PC

- Guild Wars Trilogy $59.99 w/ free Eye Of The North expansion pack

Have fun guys! Also there's DAILY DEAL DROPS, hopefully they won't fail as bad as they did last game day, personally I think they're doing it again 'cause last time it completely fell through the floor. The guys that are on my watch-list get ready to be emailed and post in the same spot as always! We're back on!

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn it, I popped in b4 checking the board adn they had no games marked down:whistle2:( Any chance they might still have it tmr morning?

[quote name='Firestorm']sort of unrelated by EB is doing pre-orders on Scribblenauts now! $39.99 though =([/QUOTE]

FUUUUUUU. Hopefully Amazon has it for cheaper.

[quote name='sposhead']Damn it, I popped in b4 checking the board adn they had no games marked down:whistle2:( Any chance they might still have it tmr morning?[/QUOTE]

You could try to get a copy that's still stickered at the $9.89/$9.99 price. YMMV.

Ranzo...maybe you can post the deals one at a time????
Or in the social group????

There are already copy&paste threads on other sites....

[quote name='thelaughingman']http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=760165

is RFD simply stealing CAG postings?[/QUOTE]

Check it:

[quote name='jackass_ca from RFD']Is this advertised somewhere, just want to avoid going to the store and them saying "what are you talking about".[/QUOTE]

The trade off on that site is that none of them trust each other 'cause they're the type to scheme and scam, so hopefully that gives the gamers more time to head in and grab COD3 (for those who want it) and the two other games while they're all waiting for confirmations so they don't waste gas.

[quote name='Bencherstyle']isn't that the regular price for a ds game now?

EDIT: well USA has it for 29.99... 10 dollar difference... sigh... where did the good ol CAD dollar gone to?[/QUOTE]

It hasn't gone anywhere, our regular markup plus the exchange rate. Hasn't that always been the case?

[quote name='arnoldrimmer']Thanks for the heads up for PoP, I was able to pickup a copy this evening. I also bought Eat Lead for 15.[/QUOTE]
Anybody know if Eat Lead is $15 at all locations?

[quote name='buzzyon']Anybody know if Eat Lead is $15 at all locations?[/QUOTE]
Eat Lead was $15 at Harmony,
which is clearly not representative of all the EB locations across Canada ;)

[quote name='addone']Eat Lead was $15 at Harmony,
which is clearly not representative of all the EB locations across Canada ;)
[/QUOTE]
Thanks. I've been waiting for the price to drop. Think I'll make a quick trip and check it out.

FYI, only the PS3 version of COD 3 is on sale today and it's the red cover Greatest Hits version. The 360 version is still $29.99.

Also, while I was in store I noticed that Guitar Hero: World Tour (PS3, game only) was $24.99 (new) while the Wii (game only) verison was $19.99 (new). The 360 version wasn't on sale as it was $39.99 (new).

Somebody on RFD mentioned that the Rock Band Track Pack Volume 2 would be on sale for $4.99, not $9.99 tomorrow. Take that with a grain of salt.

Also, does EB games do price adjustments because I bought this game last Sunday at $14.98? It would seem to be a huge waste of my and their time to buy this game again at the cheaper price, and then return the unopened copy with my old receipt.

[quote name='Jouvert']Somebody on RFD mentioned that the Rock Band Track Pack Volume 2 would be on sale for $4.99, not $9.99 tomorrow. Take that with a grain of salt.

Also, does EB games do price adjustments because I bought this game last Sunday at $14.98? It would seem to be a huge waste of my and their time to buy this game again at the cheaper price, and then return the unopened copy with my old receipt.[/QUOTE]

They probably won't just because it's considered to be a "door crasher" price. I'd switch them out to get your $10 back.

Thanks for the heads up on PoP. I was able to grab a copy today because it still had the $9.99 sticker price.

[quote name='zorba_the_greek']rock band vol 2 track pack 360/PS3 $4.89 tomorrow, animal crossing bundle for the wii $29.89 on monday is what I heard.[/QUOTE]

Any chance it would be on sale for PS2???

dang, struck out tyring to get it today:whistle2:( If anybody happens to have an extra copy of PoP for the 360 and is interested in a trade, I have sealed copies of Lost Oddysy and Deadspace (picked up extra copies for Goozex purposes), I would be willing to trade either or for it.

Is it possible to "install" rockband volume packs for use with rockband 2?
Edit: Okay, I answered my own question. You need to get the code from inside the case.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='zorba_the_greek']rock band vol 2 track pack 360/PS3 $4.89 tomorrow, animal crossing bundle for the wii $29.89 on monday is what I heard.[/QUOTE]

same here. sadly no track pack for wii.

Got my POP yesterday... no preorder edition :(
And the clerk looked at me like I was a total retard for asking him to check (even though I've seen the preorder twice at that location)

- Nah, we don't have it.
- Would you mind checking please?
- Dude, it's basically almost the same, not worth it. And it's so rare, I've never seen any around.

Seriously, no more respect for customers I tell ya.
Btw, the clerk never bothered looking.

[quote name='telepathy']That sucks, is it really worth it though? I mean, what does the Preorder version actually have exactly?[/QUOTE]

As a huge POP fan I would say it is worth it simply because it was the same price, it is the same game case except in a carboard box that is a pain to open without tearing. So I glued it (The box) together then cut out a side so the game slides in and out with no problem. The bonus dvd (not a 360 game disc or Blu-ray) is alright, has some behind the scenes stuff, trailers, music etc. Nothing too special.

It was a pain to get though since my EB's didn't know about them until they had arrived so I didn't preorder. Only one store would actually sell me one the rest said I should have preordered even though they didn't know about the product:bomb:

[quote name='sposhead']dang, struck out tyring to get it today:whistle2:( If anybody happens to have an extra copy of PoP for the 360 and is interested in a trade, I have sealed copies of Lost Oddysy and Deadspace (picked up extra copies for Goozex purposes), I would be willing to trade either or for it.[/QUOTE]

sorry buds, i went to 3 EB's today and they all had the PoP stickers back to full price. it was fun looking but they were on the ball at my local stores.

[quote name='Ranzo']large re stock of tomb raider underworld came in. Maybe it will be a door crasher?[/QUOTE]

I have been waiting for this to drop for a while... Hope it ends up being one.

Perhaps its time to sell the one I have while I can...its used and I'd rather have a new one for $9.99 :)
ALSO: How rare are the 120 GIG HDs? How much would they be with 50%off?

[quote name='Azumangaman']Perhaps its time to sell the one I have while I can...its used and I'd rather have a new one for $9.99 :)
ALSO: How rare are the 120 GIG HDs? How much would they be with 50%off?[/QUOTE]

Rare as crao, also 50% off used (off of $155) would be like 75$-80$ (early morning I no do math).

When I bought POP, they had 20GB and 120GB used in stock.
FYI
20GB = 50$
60GB = 100$
120GB = 155$

I'll probably go for a 20GB anyway. I'm that cheap. Let's just hope I can grab one on July 17th.

Gamestop at the Halifax SC still has a bunch of the TP2 for RB. Verification for this was that I asked the people working and they were unaware of the sale until I told them.

Got myself a copy of RB2 track pack at Kingsway Gamestop (Edmonton). They had 2 copies of the 360 version left, and about 5 for PS3.

This may be a YMMV but Call of Duty 3 (PS3) should still be on sale today at $9.89. My local EB had it prominently on display at that price right by the cashier.

[quote name='Jouvert']This may be a YMMV but Call of Duty 3 (PS3) should still be on sale today at $9.89. My local EB had it prominently on display at that price right by the cashier.[/QUOTE]
Mine too.

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']When I bought POP, they had 20GB and 120GB used in stock.
FYI
20GB = 50$
60GB = 100$
120GB = 155$

I'll probably go for a 20GB anyway. I'm that cheap. Let's just hope I can grab one on July 17th.[/QUOTE]The 20GB is increasingly becoming not enough. It will definitely be not enough when they start offering full downloadable games this fall. That's why I'm getting a 120. I'd look at getting a 60GB at least =/

If Soul Calibur IV is really $19.99 used with $8+ TIV when the promo goes on, I'll probably grab that.

well i just finished Prince of Persia, (under 12 hours) and if you need a damn good story and platforming, you should stick around for the end. damn... now i gotta buy the ending on PSN , but its worth it :)

the controls are...iffy in the start, but when you get used to it, it'll be platforming at it's best. im in for round two :d

[quote name='Bencherstyle']well i just finished Prince of Persia, (under 12 hours) and if you need a damn good story and platforming, you should stick around for the end. damn... now i gotta buy the ending on PSN , but its worth it :)

the controls are...iffy in the start, but when you get used to it, it'll be platforming at it's best. im in for round two :d[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%. One of my favorite ending sequences I have ever seen/played. I really enjoyed the DLC aswell. A little short but offers a different pace/feel than the original game which sold it for me.

[quote name='dancrane212']I agree 100%. One of my favorite ending sequences I have ever seen/played. I really enjoyed the DLC aswell. A little short but offers a different pace/feel than the original game which sold it for me.[/QUOTE]

i checked it abit, and i heard it's 2-3 hours? an its 10 dollars?
ill be paying the same price for the retail version lol.

i friggin loved the ending, one of the best. yet sad,

spoilers!

and i can't wait to see how Elika reacts to what the Prince did...

tell me, does the DLC ending tells you if there will be Prince of Persia 2 in the future?(without the DLC, it's a given that there will be)

i hope there is.

Not sure if it's Gamedays related, or if it's just a price drop. But I spotted The Last Remnant dropped to $29.99 for used copies.

[quote name='ps3dude']Saw this thread over at rfd which might be useful for daily updates:
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?referrerid=32220&t=760165[/QUOTE]

but they took all the info from here to begin with...

here lets try this:

OMG A BUDDY OF MINE @ EB SAID HE JUST GOT A HUGE SHIPMENT OF MGS FOR PS3.
THE TIV IS 7 BECAUSE THEY GOT TONS OF COPIES. IT MIGHT GO ON SALE THIS WEDNESDAY!

/sarcasm. see how easy it is?

anyways, anyone going out to pickup the Animal Crossing Bundle tomorrow? I got the most wanted flyer today and on the front page it shows AC for $25 TIV! Great for anyone who wants wiispeak for cheap.

Well, I had a weird episode today...I tried to buy the Rock Band Track Pack and the cashier informed me it was not on sale; she said she scanned it earlier and it rang up at the regular price, and she did not receive an email stating the price drop; anybody else have problems getting the deal?

Damn, I can't believe I missed out on PoP! This is what I get for not coming online for two days :(

Hopefully TLR goes down...hopefully. *crosses fingers*

[quote name='game_fanatic']Well, I had a weird episode today...I tried to buy the Rock Band Track Pack and the cashier informed me it was not on sale; she said she scanned it earlier and it rang up at the regular price, and she did not receive an email stating the price drop; anybody else have problems getting the deal?[/QUOTE]

Ya i had the same problem the clerk at my eb said that the only daily deal on today was cod 3 and i asked if he could check the rb track pack, once he checked it scanned for the original price:roll:

the problem is that they need to do price adjustments since nothing gets done on the weekend which sucks. That was what happened at another store that i went to & that's what they told me.

bread's done
Back