[Canada] EB Games Gamedays July 3rd-August 01st

kathos

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hey guys Game Days is back! For some reason! Guess they were really disappointed from the first one's lack of sales (because well... the sales sucked). Here goes! The deals will be listed as they are in the flyer:

Note! I left out the Crap that was the regular price (like UFC or Fight Night Round 4 or Tiger Woods 2010 Wii) that were advertised but stayed the same price.

Xbox 360 PRO

- Buy a PRO kit and get NHL 2k8, Sega Superstar Tennis or Alone in the Dark for free. $299.99

Xbox 360 ELITE

- Get a free "gift" with purchase, which is either a GTA duffel bag or a GTA "Statue of Happiness" statue. $399.99

Xbox 360 Family Bundle

- Scene It? Box Office Smash (w/ 4 controllers), Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts and You're In The Movies (w/ Live Vision cam) all in one pack. $69.99

PS3 80GB

- Free Motorstorm Pacific Rift or Resistance 2 with purchase of 80GB system. $399.99

PSP

- Buy ANY PSP SKU (from the stand-alone to the bundles) get Daxter and Twisted Metal: Head On. The picture only shows $199.99 as a price but it has a picture of the stand-alone SKU there too so one can only assume.

Wii

- Wii bundle, comes with Punch Out! priced at $319.99. Save $20 it says.

- Get a Wii for $49.99 if you trade in 10 current-gen games with minimum $8 TIV w/ case and manual.

Nintendo DSi

- DSi bundle, comes with GTA Chinatown Wars and a sticker pack for $229.99 you says $10 it says.

- Get a DSi for $49.99 when you trade in 6 current-gen games with minimum $8 TIV w/ case and manual.

Weekly Specials

- July 3rd-July 09th: 2-for-$20 on all used games ($9.99-$14.99) for last gen (PS2/GC/XBOX)

- July 10th-July 16th: 2-for-$40 on all used games ($19.99-$24.99) for last gen (PS2/GC/XBOX)

- July 17th-July 23rd: Save up to 50% on used accessories with purcahse of used game:

- Buy a $9.99 used game and save 10% on used accessory.
- Buy a $14.99 used game and save 25% on used accessory.
- Buy a $19.99 used game and save 50% on a used accessory.

Multiplatform games

- COD4 $29.99 (July 3th-July 16th)
- COD: WaW $49.99 (July 3rd-July 16th only)
- G-Force $59.99
- Ghostbusters $59.99
- Guitar Hero Metallica $49.99 (July 3th-July 16th)
- Guitar Hero World Tour $49.99
- Guitar Hero World Tour Full Kit $159.99 (PS3/360 only, PS2 kit $149.99)
- Overlord 2 $59.99 (Wii $49.99)
- Red Faction Guerilla $59.99 (July 13th-July 19th)
- Rock Band 2 full kit $169.99 (all systems)
- Rock Band 2 software only $49.99 (Wii $39.99)
-
Rock Band ACDC $9.99 (all systems)
- Wolfenstein $59.99
- WWE Legends of Wrestling $49.99 (July 3rd-July 9th)

PS3/PSP Games

- SOCOM w/ Headset $39.99
- All PS3 GH games $5 off

- Resistance: Retribution $19.99

Wii

- Battle of the Bands $7.99
- Naked Brothers Band $7.99
- Wii Sports Resort $59.99 w/ free Wii Sports Resort branded frisbee with pre-order, a real frisbee.

DS

- Guitar Hero ON TOUR Modern Hits $39.99

PC

- Guild Wars Trilogy $59.99 w/ free Eye Of The North expansion pack

Have fun guys! Also there's DAILY DEAL DROPS, hopefully they won't fail as bad as they did last game day, personally I think they're doing it again 'cause last time it completely fell through the floor. The guys that are on my watch-list get ready to be emailed and post in the same spot as always! We're back on!

Last edited by a moderator:
Trade in 5/6 for the two systems either has to be a misprint if it's the usual 8+ tiv games or the selection of games are ones that are worth at least 30 bucks as they are or something much higher.

Even tho I already have a 360, I'm tempted to pick up an RE5 elite with that. :lol:

[quote name='poiuiu']Trade in 5/6 for the two systems either has to be a misprint if it's the usual 8+ tiv games or the selection of games are ones that are worth at least 30 bucks as they are or something much higher.

Even tho I already have a 360, I'm tempted to pick up an RE5 elite with that. :lol:[/QUOTE]

NOT a misprint...and its the usual $8 game.

confirmed at my store too...

[quote name='gamer602']ZEZE,

where did you get that email?
DO YOU WORK FOR EB GAMES?
If not where can I sign up??? EBgames.COM???[/QUOTE]

No, I don't work at EB Games. I signed up to recieve emails at ebgames.com. I usually only get emails for deals in the US, but occasionally I get an email for deals in Canada (once or twice a year).

[quote name='Firestorm']Got a 120GB HDD from EB for 50% off. Picked up Call of Duty 4 as the used game ($27.99) and traded it in for $37 at Future Shop. I just need a transfer cable now.

Edge discount does NOT apply. I asked and the guy said yes, but I looked at the receipt later and it didn't do anything. Non-refundable -_-[/QUOTE]

Bought a 60GB...and finally found a copy of Nanostray 2! :D
Thanks for the Call of Duty 4 tip! That worked like magic.

got Odin sphere "gutted" new.

i got into a argument with a manager tho, i asked if he had a sealed copy, hes like no. , i asked to check the disk, and he's like " why would you do that, it's new". .... at that point i don't want to get into this, since i've had the argument before. i said " well i just want a factory sealed one"

then he saids " well, its new, you know, everybodys ganna do this, get over it"

....never going to that EBgames ever again. fuck

[quote name='Bencherstyle']got Odin sphere "gutted" new.

i got into a argument with a manager tho, i asked if he had a sealed copy, hes like no. , i asked to check the disk, and he's like " why would you do that, it's new". .... at that point i don't want to get into this, since i've had the argument before. i said " well i just want a factory sealed one"

then he saids " well, its new, you know, everybodys ganna do this, get over it"

....never going to that EBgames ever again. fuck[/QUOTE]

What a bunch of smartasses. If you don't mind me asking, which one? We'll boycott it :)

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']What a bunch of smartasses. If you don't mind me asking, which one? We'll boycott it :)[/QUOTE]

its the RICHMOND HILL HILLCREST MALL one....

i always hated the manager there, hes such an ass.
next time, im going to other EBS, since... well, theres tons around.
he actually said " every retailers ganna do this"
.... speechless.

Bencher if you can make it to Yonge and Steeles the EB Games there is pretty solid, I find; not the one in the mall, but the one literally at Yonge and Steeles. Manager is a real nice guy, and knows how to treat customers.

edit: wow that Wii deal looks awesome, is it still active or past its prime?

[quote name='Bencherstyle']he actually said " every retailers ganna do this"
.... speechless.[/QUOTE]

What a dolt ... when I buy something new anywhere else, it is *new*, not previously opened with somebody's grubby little pawprints all over it.

Good thing that guy doesn't work at a grocery store ... he'd probably be spitting in your milk ...

[quote name='Bencherstyle']its the RICHMOND HILL HILLCREST MALL one....

i always hated the manager there, hes such an ass.
next time, im going to other EBS, since... well, theres tons around.
he actually said " every retailers ganna do this"
.... speechless.[/QUOTE]

At the risk of getting off topic...

I have had a few employees claim to be the manager there before (even though they weren't even assistants). The actual manager is named Adam. A friend of mine got in an argument with him over which titles were trade 3 deals. He hadn't updated the board over the cash and refused to check the binder and said that he wouldn't accept the games my friend had even if they were $8 because he "didn't need" any of the titles. He then said not to bother going to any of the other locations because he is the general manager of all 3 stores in that area and he would call ahead so my friend would be denied. Originally I thought he was just having a bad day. I went there again a few weeks later and overheard him telling one of his employees not to accept certain games from "Asians" because "they were buying games cheap to trade in for ds's and resell on ebay". I was offended by his racist remarks and haven't shopped in that location since. I have a feeling this is a high traffic location because it's in a mall so he just doesn't care if he loses customers.

In this day and age I wouldn't tolerate racism! Report him to head office and get his ass gone! Better yet, record him saying something offensive ;)

^^^

Neksus, oh how I wish you would come and run my EB Games.....

Hmm what does a manager have to do to get fired?
How many complaints must they recieve??

My local one NEEDS TO GO...

[quote name='supergrover99']At the risk of getting off topic...

I have had a few employees claim to be the manager there before (even though they weren't even assistants). The actual manager is named Adam. A friend of mine got in an argument with him over which titles were trade 3 deals. He hadn't updated the board over the cash and refused to check the binder and said that he wouldn't accept the games my friend had even if they were $8 because he "didn't need" any of the titles. He then said not to bother going to any of the other locations because he is the general manager of all 3 stores in that area and he would call ahead so my friend would be denied. Originally I thought he was just having a bad day. I went there again a few weeks later and overheard him telling one of his employees not to accept certain games from "Asians" because "they were buying games cheap to trade in for ds's and resell on ebay". I was offended by his racist remarks and haven't shopped in that location since. I have a feeling this is a high traffic location because it's in a mall so he just doesn't care if he loses customers.[/QUOTE]

yup , that guy is named Adam, i saw his nametag. .... wow, racist, and a prick. im not going there ever again... soooo screw him :( but is he the general manager? really...:cold:
im going to go to thornhill's next time....

[quote name='gamer602']^^^

Neksus, oh how I wish you would come and run my EB Games.....

Hmm what does a manager have to do to get fired?
How many complaints must they recieve??

My local one NEEDS TO GO...[/QUOTE]Let me guess... the St. Vital location? :lol:

[quote name='Bencherstyle']yup , that guy is named Adam, i saw his nametag. .... wow, racist, and a prick. im not going there ever again... soooo screw him :( but is he the general manager? really...:cold:
im going to go to thornhill's next time....[/QUOTE]
I'd catch the mofo on tape and then get the bastard fired. Deserves it at the least.
I feel bad for you guys though. No one should be treated like that.

Couple people on RFD claim that these are the deals for the rest of the week.

Tuesday: GTA IV PS3/360!
Wednesday: CALL OF DUTY WORLD AT WAR COLLECTORS ED. 360/PS3
Thursday: Sing it Wii
Friday: Guitar Hero World Tour Game PS3

Rumored $19.99 for GTA4. However for COD WAW, there is no CE on the PS3.

[quote name='Pavel6969']Couple people on RFD claim that these are the deals for the rest of the week.

Thursday: Sing it Wii
Friday: Guitar Hero World Tour Game PS3

Rumored $19.99 for GTA4. However for COD WAW, there is no CE on the PS3.[/QUOTE]

Sweetness! Sing It is on sale, instead of CoD:WaW? I LOVE being a Wii owner!
:roll:

I certainly hope they are wrong... but am not getting my expectations up.

[quote name='Pavel6969']Couple people on RFD claim that these are the deals for the rest of the week.

[/QUOTE]

Boy, the hoarders are gonna go nuts with those titles.

If CoD5 is the title for 360/PS3 it won't drop to $9.89, it'll be like the Animal Crossing at $29.99 or something like that. GTA4 might drop to $19.89, if its $9.89 I'll buy multiples, if not I won't even buy one ;x

I can CONFIRM the deals. Not going to say how but....

Tomorrow - GTA4 Collector's Editions BRAND NEW - $19.89/$19.99
Wednesday - Call of Duty 5 CE (360 only, as PS3 doesn't exist) - 19.89
Thursday - Movie Games for Wii (What my contact said, regardless, nothing special)
Friday - GH 4 WT for PS3

[quote name='Placebo'] I can CONFIRM the deals. Not going to say how but....

Tomorrow - GTA4 Collector's Editions BRAND NEW - $19.89/$19.99
Wednesday - Call of Duty 5 CE (360 only, as PS3 doesn't exist) - 19.89
[/QUOTE]

Hooray! I'm hoping the price point keeps the hoarders away.

Have to try to find GTA4 for sure tomorrow. Too bad COD WAW wasn't on sale for the PS3, I would buy the regular edition for $20 easily.

Hmmm, do you know what I'm looking forward to now? Maybe a year from now, I'll be buying a pair of night vision goggles for $20! Or maybe sooner, if they overproduce it like Master Chief heads.

Sure its just the CEs?

The reason I ask is that MGS4 CE was supposed to be the only thing on sale, but a used regular copy was also on sale.

Guess we'll just have to see with GTA. If they allow the used regular copy to be taken at a cheap price, then I'll be all over W@W. So can anyone check if a used copy is also on sale for GTA tomorrow?

[quote name='Placebo']Tomorrow - GTA4 Collector's Editions BRAND NEW - $19.89/$19.99
Wednesday - Call of Duty 5 CE (360 only, as PS3 doesn't exist) - 19.89[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:o

Definitely want Call of Duty 5! Man, I hope stores in Ottawa have stock unlike MGS4LE!

And I have GTA4, but if the contents of the CE are worth it, I won't mind buying it again!

[quote name='spzero']Sure its just the CEs?

The reason I ask is that MGS4 CE was supposed to be the only thing on sale, but a used regular copy was also on sale.

Guess we'll just have to see with GTA. If they allow the used regular copy to be taken at a cheap price, then I'll be all over W@W. So can anyone check if a used copy is also on sale for GTA tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

It will probably be substituted by that once they run out of the New CEs, because when MGS dropped, the actual price was not dropped on the SKU, it was in promo wizard/price override.

was going to go to EB tues anyways, so this is good. i might bite GTA4 SE, if its 20 bucks. 30 bucks, ill skip it and look at some GBA/DS games...

[quote name='Placebo']

I can CONFIRM the deals. Not going to say how but....

[/QUOTE]

because the EB headquarters would track you down and capture you! and the manager would be fireds!!!!!!

cod waw might be 10, there are way too many of them at EB, no one bought into the hype of getting a week of double xp.

I doubt they'd slash the prices of used regular editions: they probably sell well enough to not need a one-day price-drop.

And why is there nothing good for the Wii?

[quote name='JnJosh']because the EB headquarters would track you down and capture you! and the manager would be fireds!!!!!!
[/QUOTE]
Just say it was that Adam fellow that's been getting in people's faces.

That was my dosage of evil for the day.

Very nice line up of deals! Unfortunately, I don't really have much interest in WAW and already have GTA4 :( But for those complaining there were no good games last week...here ya go!

Well on Saturday they had Trade 5 get a Wii for $50, that was only delivered via email to mailing list subscribers. Very few were lucky enough to take advantage of that.

[quote name='thegamecubist']But for those complaining there were no good games last week...here ya go![/QUOTE]

Good games != good deals

[quote name='Placebo']Well on Saturday they had Trade 5 get a Wii for $50, that was only delivered via email to mailing list subscribers. Very few were lucky enough to take advantage of that.[/QUOTE]
And Winnipeg gets screwed over because of its new bylaw, yet AGAIN. :bomb:

Picked up the Witcher for PC (Regular Edition) for $9.89 today. Awesome deal not only because it's a great game, but with the patches that have been released (1.4 and 1.5) you get all the content from the Enhanced and Director's Cut editions.

First store I tried only had gutted copies (which I refused to buy on principal), second store had some sealed copies. Fortunately both are on my way home so I didn't have to go out of my way.

Also managed to grab a copy of Socom. I like tactical shooters, and it's nice to support local developers.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']...

And why is there nothing good for the Wii?[/QUOTE]

I feel your pain.

For what it's worth, Scarface and Skate It are both $15 used. Neither game is awesome, but they are both decent and well worth the asking price. Hopefully by the time you finish those games something worthwhile will be on sale for Wii titles.

Great. A game I'm truly interested in (CoD5:WaW) and I won't even be near an EB Games. I would be suuuper appreciative if someone could snag me an extra copy! I'd send $30 over PayPal if anyone was interested!

bread's done
Back