[Canada] EB/GS Power Trade (+50% TIV towards these games)

TripleQ

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
EB is currently offering "Power Trades" where you get a 50% bump in TIV if you trade in towards the following games.

Any TIV is valid, doesn't have to be above $8.

You should not probably not try to switch pre-orders of these games since they are on the lookout for people try to do so. But you might get away with it if you're willing to risk getting banned.

Usually PTs are valid one week before release to 3-5 days after release

April Power Trades

04/06 Borderlands Double Game Add-On 360 $24.99
04/13 GTA Episodes from Liberty City PS3 $49.99
04/20 Monster Hunter Wii $54.99 (or $49.99 with pre-order - not sure if this stacks with PT)
04/27 Dead to Rights 360/PS3 $64.99
04/27 Fifa World 2010 360/PS3 $69.99
04/27 Super Street Fighter 4 360/PS3 $44.99
04/28 Nier 360 $69.99/PS3 $64.99 (something probably wrong there)

Old Expired Power Trades

03/02 Supreme Commander 2
03/02 MLB 10 The Show
03/05 MLB 2K10
03/16 Resonance of Fate
03/16 Moto GP 10
03/16 Dragon Age: Awakening
03/16 Metro 2033
03/23 Red Steel 2
03/23 Just Cause 2

Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing 360/PS3 - $54.99 - Feb 28
Endless Ocean: Blue World Wii - $34.99 - Feb 28
Dementium 2 DS - $34.99
Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth DS $34.99
MAG PS3 +50% before Jan 26; +25% Jan 26-Jan31
White Knight Chronicles PS3 - $59.99 - Feb 7
Super Monkey Ball Step & Roll Wii $49.99 - Feb 14
Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope International PS3 - $64.99 - Feb 14
Aliens vs Predator 360/PS3 - $64.99 Feb 21

Last edited by a moderator:
in order to get the 25% extra trade in do you have do pre-order it? before the game is out? or can the deal work on the release date, feb 9?

Use caution with returning the Power Trade games. They can't really deny you the return but they from what I've read on RFD, EB head office is tracking activity on accounts more closely. The next time you go in for a trade-in you might get denied.

There's a pretty big list, your local store should have it in their emails or marketing information. I know Ace Attorney Investigations and Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing are both power trade games.

Cool, I'll ask them on the way home. Hoping there'll be one for FFXIII because I'm not really interested in anything else right now.

I was at EB in Mississauga today and the manager let me know what games were power trade for March.

Dragon Age Expansion
MLB 2K10
MLB 10 The Show
Supreme Commander 2
Red Steel 2
Moto GP 10
Metro 2033
Just Cause 2

Also the current GG are FFXIII, Battlefield BC 2, God of War and Red Dead Redemption.

Also some deals with when you trade in a system with 2 games will get you another $75 credit. And some deal towards trading a DS Lite with games towards a DSi XL.

Thanks, I'll update the first post. Are FFXII and BC2 really GG? I've only heard of God of War and Red Dead.

BTW Metro 2033 looks really good.. from the screenshots etc. No idea how it'll play though.

I can confirm that i've heard from 2/3 managers here it is a GG (FF13), the one is usually right, i've never got info from him that was inaccurate anyway.

FF13 is a GG, saw the case when I picked up Heavy Rain.

Anybody know the base TIV for a Wii? I really want to get rid of mine, need some money, and the extra $75 is tempting. If it would help me pay off a few new release games I actually want, that would make things easier.

Only one I am kind of interested in would be Red Steel 2, but that depends on if the game is received well, as I think it has promise, but was burned on the first one.

The Show is the only game I'm buying on the list but I already have a good amount of money down for it. I wish there were power trades available for FFXIII and GoW3 but no dice.

From all the previews I've read of Red Steel 2, even with motion+ it doesn't live up to what everyone is hoping for.. good sword fighting.

The only game I have any real interest in is the Dragon Age expansion... and really, I don't know if I even want it that bad. I loved Dragon Age, I'm just not sure if I'd be wanting to start it up again.

We'll see... we'll see...

Resonance of Fate would be great, but I heard they messed up the English voice-overs? Something about wanting to keep the Japanese voices in the game and not having enough space to have everything voiced in English, so the less important parts are just text in English. Hope that's not true, or I can play with Japanese voices and English subs, that I wouldn't mind.

Now...what to trade for it... (I don't want to get rid of AC2, that game is too awesome!)

Can anybody confirm that "Dragon Age Awakenings" will be included in this +50% promotion?

There is a very detailed thread on March EB "PowerTrades" on "the other canadian deal website", including release dates for each game, but DA:A is not included!

[quote name='craig64']The only game I have any real interest in is the Dragon Age expansion... and really, I don't know if I even want it that bad. I loved Dragon Age, I'm just not sure if I'd be wanting to start it up again.

We'll see... we'll see...[/QUOTE]

I'll wait for a price-drop. If it eventually goes into a GOTY edition it'll get even cheaper.

[quote name='supergrover99']So I am guessing the new power trade titles start on Monday March 1st or has anyone been able to get them now?[/QUOTE]

I did power trades for MLB and DA:A on Wednesday, so yup, you can go now.

[quote name='doctor_payne13']I did power trades for MLB and DA:A on Wednesday, so yup, you can go now.[/QUOTE]

I called in yesterday at the Leduc location to see if the Power Trades had started or not and they said 'not until the 1st'.

May try elsewhere today.

[quote name='Bryce']No power trades for Winnipeg. fuck you bylaws.[/QUOTE]

Wait, that affects us too? I thought it only mattered on T3G1F (which they fixed with T3G1 for $1). :(

[quote name='gloomyUsagi']Hmm... does the MW list for Feb still qualify on Sunday?
I hope their value don't go down...[/QUOTE]

I think the new MW list goes into effect on the 28th, but I'm not 100% certain. I haven't seen the flyer for a few days.

I managed MLB the show a couple days ago.

Its out on tuesday so it should be good to go for most stores. Explain to them its valid a week before the game comes out only.

[quote name='ChaosKnight']Wait, that affects us too? I thought it only mattered on T3G1F (which they fixed with T3G1 for $1). :([/QUOTE]

Just came back from an EB (not trying to trade games) and they had a not posted that you can only do 1 for 1 trading now (i.e. if you want to trade in 2 games you have to buy 2).

Just came back from the Yonge/Eg EB in Toronto. They had all of the new power trades going.

I traded Assasin's Creed 2, Demon's Souls and LBP GOTY for MLB The Show 10' and Bad Company 2.

I knew The Show 10 was a power trade, so I expected AC2 to cover that and to pay the remainder in $ from my DS and LBP. However, they gave me +25% for the remaining titles and i got credit back... so... Bad Company 2 is a +25% title?

[quote name='spzero']Anyone confirm Resonance of Fate? I'd really love to get that...[/QUOTE]

Yep, and if for some reason a CSR says otherwise, just ask them to look in their MIK. It's listed in there as a power trade.

[quote name='median']yep, and if for some reason a csr says otherwise, just ask them to look in their mik. It's listed in there as a power trade.[/quote]

mik?

Also is it on for anytime or are there any specific days I have to do it in?

[quote name='spzero']mik?

Also is it on for anytime or are there any specific days I have to do it in?[/QUOTE]

MIK = Marketing Information Kit. The CSR should know what you mean, or just call it the promo book. I can't remember if there were specific days or not...it may be just a week before the game comes out, but I can't confirm that right now.

Asked about trading Halo: ODST as a power trade toward Just Cause 2 so I could get $60 for it; the rep said they aren't taking it as a power trade because it's been out for too long. Can anyone confirm this? I get conflicting info from the EBs I frequent.

you can get power trade for any game
That said, a store can refuse a game if they have too many of them. Technically you could call the district manager and hed be all over them though.

[quote name='Ninja Robot Pirate']Asked about trading Halo: ODST as a power trade toward Just Cause 2 so I could get $60 for it; the rep said they aren't taking it as a power trade because it's been out for too long. Can anyone confirm this? I get conflicting info from the EBs I frequent.[/QUOTE]

I've never heard that one before.. I'd try a different store.

[quote name='Ninja Robot Pirate']Asked about trading Halo: ODST as a power trade toward Just Cause 2 so I could get $60 for it; the rep said they aren't taking it as a power trade because it's been out for too long. Can anyone confirm this? I get conflicting info from the EBs I frequent.[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHA, ask him to show you where it states you can't put that game (or games from that have been out 'too long') What a $$$$$$, I would have asked to speak to the manager, and if he was the manager I would have asked for the district manager's number. What a douche bag.

going too put AVP ps3 / forza 3 towards some PTs today. hope they dont refuse them, they're over a week old.

bread's done
Back