[Canada] Free 100 MS Points (DEAD again)

Welp, pretty sure this deal is totally dead now. After submitting a new car for some points:

v75mow.jpg

Aw pants. I got 700 points out of it though and that's still pretty good. =D Although alot of people got themselves alot more >_> I need to learn how to be a dishonest person.

[quote name='Gold_guardian']Damn I only got 550 points which really isn't enough for either of the things I wanted (Heavy metal and the Mass effect dlc)[/quote] Well you're in luck cause Mass Effect DLC is only 400 points!

Anyone know when we're actually supposed to receive these points? The promotion officially ended almost 2 weeks ago, and I haven't heard anything from them...

Nothing yet. However the site says:

Q. When should I expect to see my final Microsoft Points email?
A. You should receive your final Microsoft Points email with coupon code(s) on/about 9/19/2008.

So hopefully soon.

Frankly I'm happy they haven't gone out quite yet. My mailbox was down for over a week, and I lost/missed a boatload of emails (I just got it back). There was no apparent way to change your email address for this promo, so if they went out a day early I would've missed mine :cry:

I got an email that just said "THANKS FOR PARTICIPATING" with no information about the points. I think I didn't uncheck the box about email communications.

Quick response the my email atleast.

[FONT=&quot]Mike,[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]There has been an unexpected delay with issuing the point codes. You will receive an email with a coupon code(s) for accumulated points through July 18, 2008 (less the 100 Points received at registration) that you can deposit into your Microsoft Points account. You should receive your final Microsoft Points email with coupon code(s) in approximately 7-14 business days. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thank you for your patience while we work to distribute the codes.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Regards,[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Monica[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dream Car Challenge[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Support[/FONT]

There is no reason to think you won't be getting the points.
Relax folks, they are FREE points after all.

I won a trip to national finals in WCG in that Gears of War tourney last year and MS didn't contact me until it was over and over a month had passed. Then they were going to take me straight to world finals but after a week of getting excited they told me it was too late for that too. I still got to go to Seattle but didn't get to compete so they gave me a 360 told me to come back next year and that I'll get to play but right now national finals have ended and they have neglected to contact me once again. Just giving you an idea of how long it might take.

nope no points here maybe they will issue the points on the 8th or after that as that is when they are announcing the grand prize winners and stuff

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Microsoft Points. The Microsoft Points were available while supplies lasted and were no longer available to earn as of July 18, 2008.

There are technical issues with the distribution of the Point codes that we are currently working to resolve.

Once we are able to resolve the problem, you will receive an email with a coupon code(s) for 900 accumulated points through July 18, 2008 (less the 100 Points received at registration) that you can deposit into your Microsoft Points account. We currently anticipate that you should receive your final Microsoft Points email with coupon code(s) in approximately 7-14 business days, but at this time we are unable to guarantee a specific delivery date.

Please visit the website at www.dreamcarchallenge.com to find answers to many Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and the Rules for additional promotion information (including information on point caps).

Thank you for your patience while we work to distribute the codes.

Regards,

Holly
Dream Car Challenge Support

Well poop. I guess it's reassuring that it's still being worked out, but it's been such a long time that I nearly forgot about that contest.

Got mine too. 1250 points came in 5 different codes( 500x2, 100x2, 50)

update: looks like the 50 point code is region locked for me "The prepaid or promotional code you provided is not valid for your region"
well at least the others worked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could anyone spare a 50 point code? I'm literally 50 points short of being able to afford a game. I have an American account because I bought a 1600 point card from someone here, so I'd be able to use it.

bread's done
Back