[Canada] Mario Galaxy Watch

Griptor

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hate to make this thread since it isn't a deal, but I haven't been this excited for a game in 5 years and I really want to get it ASAP. I'm hoping some of you feel the same.

If anyone spots it today (Monday) or tomorrow (Tuesday), name your store and location! You might help a fellow CAG'er get it earlier.

I'm in Ottawa and will be on watch.

Thanks for this tread, I was thinking about asking for this anyhow xd

Seriously some idiot stores are saying they won't have it until like the 14th in the ad.

This is fricken MARIO! It's big enough to have shipped to stores before the release date unlike most games so SOMEBODY has got to have it Tommorow!

I only pray that we find it!

I hear Nintendo didn't ship it in advance, so we might be out of luck. It seems Nintendo only ships things in advance for Sunday launches? =(

For some reason I interpreted this as being a preorder deal where you get a wristwatch for free. My bad.

eb in oshawa, ontario has some, and will be releasing them tommorow (not actually seen but i was at store and thats what the assostiate told me)

Interesting, I may have to take a trip to the OC tomorrow then...any ideas how much it will be going for at EBgames? $49 @ futureshop is pretty solid.

[quote name='rkraupa']eb in oshawa, ontario has some, and will be releasing them tommorow (not actually seen but i was at store and thats what the assostiate told me)[/quote]

What the heck. The street date is TODAY! Do what I did when an ebgames had Kingdom hearts and bug them about how they AREN'T breaking the street date until they sell it to you.

[quote name='Gold_guardian']What the heck. The street date is TODAY! Do what I did when an ebgames had Kingdom hearts and bug them about how they AREN'T breaking the street date until they sell it to you.[/QUOTE]

Technically the street date is actually the 14th in Canada. I'm guessing that they need an extra two days to print out that French manual. Although I just picked up Fire Emblem and it also has Spanish in it as well, which makes it seems like a North American version so...maybe they're just angry at Canada for some reason.

Im going to see if my Rogers has it. I think I saw some copies sitting on the table when I was in yesterday.

not sure if I want to buy or rent it

Any word on Game Centre, or EBgames around Toronto receiving shippments? I myself will call in a bit and update you guys, unless beaten to it. :)

[quote name='ikariwarriors']i believe it's listed at EB Games for $49 as well, if only to compete with the big-box stores for the first week.[/quote]

I think EB is always pretty nimble on prices (see their penchant for cutting prices on older games that still sell @ full price elsewhere).

I'm impressed because they've done a better job of quietly doing what the big box stores said they'd do -- sell new product at par -- than the big boxes have loudly said they would. Wal-Mart is doing it across the board, but it seems to me that Future Shop and Best Buy are still happy to try to get an extra $5 or $10 out of games that aren't big releases on the same level as Mario or Call of Duty.

[quote name='SickBoy']I think EB is always pretty nimble on prices (see their penchant for cutting prices on older games that still sell @ full price elsewhere).

I'm impressed because they've done a better job of quietly doing what the big box stores said they'd do -- sell new product at par -- than the big boxes have loudly said they would. Wal-Mart is doing it across the board, but it seems to me that Future Shop and Best Buy are still happy to try to get an extra $5 or $10 out of games that aren't big releases on the same level as Mario or Call of Duty.[/quote]

That is so true.
Thats why i managed to get PW3 at EB for $25 on launch day!
FS/BB wanted $40 bucks. They suck so bad....

Alright, so nothing in Ottawa today.

What they told me:

Rogers Kanata Centrum - Thursday

Rogers Kanata Eagleson - Tomorrow (time not sure)

Blockbuster Hazeldean - Tomorrow (noon, but unsure)

Superstore Kanata - Tomorrow (up to 4:30PM)

Zellers Kanata - no idea when

Wal-Mart Kanata - didn't bother asking

Best Buy Merivale - Tomorrow (time not sure)

Toys R Us Merivale - Tomorrow (time not sure)

Futureshop - guy said he knows they had some in the back, but I don't think he knew what he was talking about. he said either it got delayed, or it came in and sold out, because he checked the computer and it said 0 stock. he got me excited for nothing when he said he knows they have some in the back :(

Microplay Merivale - guy actually said the paper says November 12, which is a rarity for stores, so it should be here but isn't. he said to call back tomorrow at around noon

EBGames Merivale - should be tomorrow

Blockbuster in St.Catharines had it today (Monday). I'm going to play it right now, its my most anticipated game in years.

I had no problems getting it at the Merivale EB. I also got the coin and the price was $49.99 so I got back $10 back because it was a trade in 3 get it free game for $59.99. I'll be saving the $10 for Mario Kart.

Wicked.. I'll check out the EB here in Kanata, and if they don't have it, then I'll ask my grandparents to stop by the Merivale EB.

In Calgary, the downtown HMV had them out by noon. Got my copy on my lunchbreak. Though a friend stopped by Future Shop, Best Buy and Walmart, but none of them got their order in due to a presumably late delivery.

EBgames in Toronto at Yonge and Eglinton has a butt load of them in. Some may be interested to know they also had two copies (visiable copies) of Wii Guitar Hero III. So if you don't mind no Pro Logic.. :p

on a side note Rogers had it for $59.99 not $49.99 :(
I ended up just using some star rewards points to bring the price down $10

[quote name='EvilMario']EBgames in Toronto at Yonge and Eglinton has a butt load of them in. Some may be interested to know they also had two copies (visiable copies) of Wii Guitar Hero III. So if you don't mind no Pro Logic.. :p[/QUOTE]

No stereo either, but apparently a fix will come sometime in the future.

Sick deal, I picked my preorder today at the Limeridge Mall EBGames (Hamilton) and got the game + preorder coin... However, since I preordered with the T3G1F (using fodder from the Source) when it was still $60, I got $10 back, making it ~$20 + tax!

Got mine today, but no coin (sadly). Too bad I can't play it though as I have too much work to do. Just gotta wait until Friday.

Got mine at Future Shop in Sarnia for $49.99.

FYI - It came with a "Collector Coin" that actually has it's own DVD sized box and an inner sleeve with a molded area for the coin to sit. I didn't go there to get the coin (didn't even know about it), but it is actually pretty impressive for an FS giveaway and would be real nice for all of the Mario-merch collectors out there.

Okay it was out at EB and Futureshop (Metrotown) today, but those jerks at EB said only the first 50 get the coin. But I'm glad I went to Futureshop to see if they had extra coins since I didn't preorder there, and they did! So I returned the EB copy. :)

[quote name='Icetron']Okay it was out at EB and Futureshop (Metrotown) today, but those jerks at EB said only the first 50 get the coin. But I'm glad I went to Futureshop to see if they had extra coins since I didn't preorder there, and they did! So I returned the EB copy. :)[/quote]

EB is a shithead type of enviroment, try not to spend too much of your hard earned cash there.

[quote name='ZoNeD']Anyone else order from amazon.ca ?[/quote]

I did, and apparently they've delayed shipments for...a month haha. I'd hope that that's not the case, but considering I'm saving $15 getting if off of amazon.ca I'm not too worried. Just means I've got time to finish up the rest of my backlog and avoid any Mario Galaxy thread known to man :lol:

EDIT - after some "researching" on RFD seems that the change in shipping date is just a technical error on amazon.ca's end, and people are reporting that reps have confirmed that they are shipping. So 5-7 days at most I would hope! Now to wait.

[quote name='Icetron']Okay it was out at EB and Futureshop (Metrotown) today, but those jerks at EB said only the first 50 get the coin. But I'm glad I went to Futureshop to see if they had extra coins since I didn't preorder there, and they did! So I returned the EB copy. :)[/quote]
Yeah they told the same to me. Surprised there were over 50 pre-orders. I didn't care about the coin so I just took it and left. Saw a guy buying 3 copies of Mario Galaxy and 3 coins at Future Shop. I picked up this thing:
http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0926INGFS10081238&catid=20398

Price Matched to get it for $24.99 - $5 = $20 + tax =D

I have a preorder of T3G1F from EBGames for Super Mario Galaxy, but they did not call me saying the game was available... I will call them tomorrow I suppose.

That sucks, lisdoncca. It seemed like all EB's got them on Tuesday, so I don't know why yours doesn't have it. Yeah, be sure to call them.

Well, I hope everyone else got their copy. And if you did, post your thoughts on the game! (without any spoilers, out of respect for those who aren't as far as you :] )

[quote name='TheBigBoi']For some reason I interpreted this as being a preorder deal where you get a wristwatch for free. My bad.[/quote]
Haha, I forgot to reply to this before. Free wristwatch could've been cool.

bread's done
Back