[Canada] Mario Galaxy Watch

Griptor

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hate to make this thread since it isn't a deal, but I haven't been this excited for a game in 5 years and I really want to get it ASAP. I'm hoping some of you feel the same.

If anyone spots it today (Monday) or tomorrow (Tuesday), name your store and location! You might help a fellow CAG'er get it earlier.

I'm in Ottawa and will be on watch.

It is not a big issue, I would not have picked it up on Tuesday even if they had called. I will probably pick it up at the end of the week. I just find it bad that they were not able to call (considering they probably got it).

I go to EBGames because I have store credit and their Trade 3 promotions, I do not expect high service from them (at least from the stores in the Montreal area).

What we were supposed to get a coin with Super Mario Galaxy EB pre-orders? There was only 12 pre-orders and I was the first to pick it up so they have no excuse! Grrr, I will phone them tomorrow :O

BTW nice find on that headset Firestorm, I needed one. I probably won't bother price matching since Futureshop is too far away, and I'm not sure if they even price match when the item is out of stock at other Best Buy locations?

Since I gave them a fake number (my parents don't approve of me buying games), I just called them myself. The lady said it would be in on Wednesday (on monday), but on Tuesday, I called, and it was in. Just try calling them.

I hate the random EB bashing, in Toronto they actually are pretty good. I've recieved quite a few random acts of kindness from them.

One location pulled out a 2$ copy of pokemon crystal for me. (This was when I was buying a 3$ copy of monster rancher advance for the GBA so it wasn't because I was a frequent buyer or anything)

Another location called 6 other ebs and special ordered me a used suikoden 2 (for regular used price) for me after my dog stepped on my copy and ruined it.

Another seperate location helped my friend find 6 games for a trade 6 for a ds promotion.

They've also let me return games that were used that was opened (elite beat agents after the price was changed on their website) Known and helped about the obscure RPGs i've asked about. Offered me a xenosaga room display and even when one location failed me on a preorder bonus(they're not all good) the one in a seperate part of the mall area (theres like 2 ebs across the road from each other I do not know why) helped me out by promising me their extra artbook if noone else claimed a preorder which I did end up getting AND gave me a free lithograph.

So yes like Best Buy Walmart of course EB has bad employees but overall as a store. I am happy we have them. In my city Toronto I find I usually have more of a problem with local stores.

Like ones that think they can charge unmarked prices for GBA games or give different trade in prices to kids and adults. This same store also decided to try and make me pay 24.99 for a used copy of a game that was brand new at toys r us (which is a 5 minute walk from them)

Tell people that a 2 disc game is a 1 disc game and that they are "sure" it is. Have a 9.99 deal on a game but deny the deal if too many people are buying the game in 1 day.

Up nunchuk prices by 10$ when they have around 30 of them and accuse people of working for rival stores when they ask about used game prices.

Oh and half the games I've bought from one used game location which I am NOT RETURNING TO have been broken. (These examples are actually about a number of different game stores.)

So yeah. Spend your money wherever you want. But I don't think EB as a chain is any worse and is probably better than alot of the other places.

Lockescythe I have to agree with the on the EB bashing. The above coin issue is a bit silly anyway, Nintendo provided the coins to EB. If EB ran out it's because they didn't get enough of them to cover the pre-orders not because they are Jerks.

I've had very good service from most EB employees. If I ask they'll look through a stack of used games disks to find the best look one before I buy it. One employee here in Ottawa knows my tastes in games well enough he points rare stuff they got in recently. Last week I found a mint copy of Meta Gear Sold-PS1 for $10 at EB that I'd been looking for for months. I can't hate a place that helps me.

I'll agree with Princess Zelda. At the EB on Merivale I bought PGR3 and GRAW as apart of that 2/$20 used game sale.. the guy checked the discs thoroughly, and ended up going in the back to check for a better copy of GRAW. Not only that, but I actually ended up walking away with a new copy of PGR3 as the used discs were scratched. And here in Kanata they're always very nice and friendly. I bought my 360 in the US and therefore can't use Canadian points cards.. but I found that out the hard way. I took it in and they were nice enough to take it back already opened and called Microsoft for me, and had to read out a 20 digit number for them and everything.

So um, yeah, EB has always been good to me.

I am happy for those who got a good service from EB. It is certainly possible that many locations were able to find employees that like their job and conditions enough so that they help the customers.

I personnaly have a better service in a local store that offers reasonable prices (comparable to EB let's say).

I just had bad experiences from the EB Games I go to in the Montreal area. Rude employees that you seem to bother when you ask them questions... not very cool.

I am happy that EB Games exists though, always interesting to be able to go to a video game store while being in a mail for other reasons!

[quote name='Lockescythe']I hate the random EB bashing, in Toronto they actually are pretty good. I've recieved quite a few random acts of kindness from them.

One location pulled out a 2$ copy of pokemon crystal for me. (This was when I was buying a 3$ copy of monster rancher advance for the GBA so it wasn't because I was a frequent buyer or anything)

Another location called 6 other ebs and special ordered me a used suikoden 2 (for regular used price) for me after my dog stepped on my copy and ruined it.

Another seperate location helped my friend find 6 games for a trade 6 for a ds promotion.

They've also let me return games that were used that was opened (elite beat agents after the price was changed on their website) Known and helped about the obscure RPGs i've asked about. Offered me a xenosaga room display and even when one location failed me on a preorder bonus(they're not all good) the one in a seperate part of the mall area (theres like 2 ebs across the road from each other I do not know why) helped me out by promising me their extra artbook if noone else claimed a preorder which I did end up getting AND gave me a free lithograph.

So yes like Best Buy Walmart of course EB has bad employees but overall as a store. I am happy we have them. In my city Toronto I find I usually have more of a problem with local stores.

Like ones that think they can charge unmarked prices for GBA games or give different trade in prices to kids and adults. This same store also decided to try and make me pay 24.99 for a used copy of a game that was brand new at toys r us (which is a 5 minute walk from them)

Tell people that a 2 disc game is a 1 disc game and that they are "sure" it is. Have a 9.99 deal on a game but deny the deal if too many people are buying the game in 1 day.

Up nunchuk prices by 10$ when they have around 30 of them and accuse people of working for rival stores when they ask about used game prices.

Oh and half the games I've bought from one used game location which I am NOT RETURNING TO have been broken. (These examples are actually about a number of different game stores.)

So yeah. Spend your money wherever you want. But I don't think EB as a chain is any worse and is probably better than alot of the other places.[/quote]

Your wrong EB games is for shitheads just you shop at even worse stores it seems. The thing about everything is your screwed no matter how you look at retail (my suggestion is trade locally, ebay at last resort, also I heard about Goozmex or something which sounds decent)

EB games only cares about taking your money and taking your trades for very little (they get ranked store-wide on both BTW)

Usually you can get people who care, but it's the organization that sucks not the people.

BACKING THIS B1tch Back on track will be hard now.

Still no conformation on Mario Galaxy from amazon.ca says nov.19 from order on 12th.

[quote name='ZoNeD']Still no conformation on Mario Galaxy from amazon.ca says nov.19 from order on 12th.[/quote]

My amazon.ca order shipped today, and is scheduled for arrival on November 16th. So good news all around.

Just picked up my trade 3 pre-order copy from EB Games. The coin case and the coin itself is pretty cool. Anyways, about to go play it!

[quote name='ikariwarriors']i think most stores care about that...[/quote]

yeah your so right, after I posted it I was like .. and what's my point here lol.

turns out my bbv got it in, playing it now, spectacular game. the guy almost gave me uncharted too haha...then the manager stopped him, epic failure.

For the record, the EB P-Zelda and and Kekumba are referring to, on Merivale, has always had great service for me as well. I always leave there impressed.

It's not always true for all EB's. For Ottawans, I'd say the Carlingwood one is good as well, and the Rideau Centre one was alright back when I was in high school, so I'm not sure about now. The others I can't have as much praise for...but it's also been a while since I went to them so who knows.

Items shipping soon: (as in not very soon, were very sorry!)
arrow_subordinate._V45740532_.gif
Delivery estimate: Dec 17 2007 - Jan 2 2008
  • 1 of: Super Mario Galaxy
    Sold by: Amazon.com.ca, Inc.
W H A T T H E F R O Z E N Y A Z T E E F 0 0 K

[quote name='ZoNeD']Your wrong EB games is for shitheads just you shop at even worse stores it seems. The thing about everything is your screwed no matter how you look at retail (my suggestion is trade locally, ebay at last resort, also I heard about Goozmex or something which sounds decent)

EB games only cares about taking your money and taking your trades for very little (they get ranked store-wide on both BTW)

Usually you can get people who care, but it's the organization that sucks not the people.

BACKING THIS B1tch Back on track will be hard now.

Still no conformation on Mario Galaxy from amazon.ca says nov.19 from order on 12th.[/quote]

We're talking about service, not the company itself when you get down to it. Obviously almost every corporation sucks. I sell Rogers cell phones. Rogers is crazy and wants your monies. I honestly couldn't give a damn about someone being a subscriber or not, but people seem to think telling me that they're going to go and switch to Fido (which ironically is owned by Rogers) makes me feel bad and cry.

Some EBs are run well and that makes it a great place to shop. I walk in, pick up a game, walk out. No hassles. That's a good store. I walk in, try to price match, and get the guy lying to me about their PM policy (*cough*FUTURESHOPSURREYCENTRAL*cough*). That's a bad store.

[quote name='ZoNeD']Items shipping soon: (as in not very soon, were very sorry!)
Delivery estimate: Dec 17 2007 - Jan 2 2008
W H A T T H E F R O Z E N Y A Z T E E F 0 0 K[/quote]

When did you order the game? It showed that for me last night, but got updated to this today:

Items shipped on Nov 14 2007:
Delivery estimate: Nov 16 2007
1 package via Canada Post Expedited with tracking number ###############
I'd expect yours to get updated soon also :D

bread's done
Back