[Canada] Rare Game Sightings in Stores.

Faytz

CAGiversary!
Well I'm guessing there's probably a few collectors here so I thought it'll be nice to post some rare games sightings at eb games and such. (To help each other find rare games to complete our collection)

I'll start off.

Complete = Box, Manual, Game

Eb Games At Metrotown Vancouver on Feb.14, 2008
PS2:
Valkyrie Profile 2 (Getting pretty hard to find nowadays, complete) = $29.99 Gone
Magna Carta (Complete) = $54.99 Gone
La Pucelle Tactics (Complete) = $39.99

PSP:
Legend of Heroes I (Complete) = 19.99 Gone
Legend of Heroes II (Complete) = $19.99 Gone

Gamecube:
Fire Emblem Path of Radiance (Complete) = $39.99 Gone
Legend of Zelda Collectors (Complete) = $29.99 not sure if gone yet

I've seen Valkyrie Profile 2 at Rogers for $19.99.
Oakridge has 3 copies of Fire Emblem and one Master Quest. They also have a copy of Tales of Symphonia (non-PC) and Metal Gear Twin Snakes.

Hi guys. Great forum! I've been coming here for a while, but just registered as a member today.

As for rare finds, here are a few Kitchener-Waterloo, ON notes:
- The RCSS has 6 or 7 WarioWare, Inc: Mega Party Game$! for the GameCube. It's still scanning at $38... boo.
- Someone here in town (no, it's not me) is selling Ikaruga for GameCube on our local Kijiji.ca affiliate for $35
- Microplay at Fischer-Hallman/Ottawa has sealed copies of Tales of Symphonia and Animal Crossing
- WalMart at Fairview Mall has Final Fantasy Chrystal Chronicles bundled with a GameBoy Advance connector cable for some ungodly price like $57 or something
- WalMart at Fischer-Hallman/Ottawa has LOTS of GameCube Memory 251s for $4.93
- Rogers Video at Fischer-Hallman/Victoria (in the RCSS plaza) has/had at least one GameCube Memory 1091 for $19.99
- Geist is/was $4.99 new at BlockBuster video at King/Northfield

I know not all of these are 'rare', but I figured I'd share what I knew of with you. Cheers! :cool:

Found a copy of Marvel vs Capcom 2 (XBox) at the We Got Games store in Shoppers World Brampton. Was sold before I came back for the game.

EBgames in Calgary

Zelda - Ocarina of Time / Master Quest - $45.99 in original case but it looked like a dog chewed the hell out of it.

[quote name='frozzted']EBgames in Calgary

Zelda - Ocarina of Time / Master Quest - $45.99 in original case but it looked like a dog chewed the hell out of it.[/quote]

That's bull. I've seen it for $29.99 at EB.

Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC) was $51.99 (!!) at EB in Oakridge.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']That's bull. I've seen it for $29.99 at EB.

Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC) was $51.99 (!!) at EB in Oakridge.[/quote]

Tell them to scan the price for skies of arcadia legends, should be around 29.99 since they recently dropped the price on that one.

[quote name='Faytz']Tell them to scan the price for skies of arcadia legends, should be around 29.99 since they recently dropped the price on that one.[/quote]

Must be pretty recent, because I saw it on Monday, so it couldn't have been there for any more than a couple weeks.

I found several copies of Chrono Cross and Final Fantasy 8 and 9 for the ps1 for 20 bucks at ebgames. Is that rare ?

btw they had 4 greatest hits and 1 normal version of chrono cross.

[quote name='afterburn999']I found several copies of Chrono Cross and Final Fantasy 8 and 9 for the ps1 for 20 bucks at ebgames. Is that rare ?

btw they had 4 greatest hits and 1 normal version of chrono cross.[/quote]

Go on ebay and do an advanced search for completed listings. I found all 3 of those games with 0 bids at $10.00, so it's not rare.

The South Keys Wal-Mart in Ottawa still has 2 N64 games. I don't remember what one of them is, and the other is Conker's Bad Fur Day for $75.

[quote name='afterburn999']I found several copies of Chrono Cross and Final Fantasy 8 and 9 for the ps1 for 20 bucks at ebgames. Is that rare ?

btw they had 4 greatest hits and 1 normal version of chrono cross.[/quote]
Nigh every EB still has new copies buried behind the counter if you walk up and ask. They're just not bothering to put out display boxes for old PS1 games.

Willow's (Surrey Location):
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (either $19.99 or $29.99)
Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix ($39.99)

Both game cases were in good shape, and had instruction booklets. Bear in mind though, this was a few weeks ago, but I've seen these games there for a couple months or so.

[quote name='afterburn999']i found a store that had Final Fantasy VII sealed for 30 bucks, should i jump on that ?[/quote]

Very much...... I think any seal version of ff7 can net you around 100+ on ebay...

I wouldn't. You can get it cheaper used and in mint condition on eBay. And if you plan on playing it, the fact that it's sealed is a waste. If you want it for a collection and never plan on playing it, then it might be worth it.

FFVII sealed sells very well on ebay, especially if it's in Canada. Just make sure it really is sealed and not just resealed. Good timing actually with the FFVII PSP sequel game coming out. I have a Black label copy I'm probably going to sell in the next week.

[quote name='afterburn999']i found a store that had Final Fantasy VII sealed for 30 bucks, should i jump on that ?[/quote]

If the games are of the folded shrinkwrap variety, you can get AT LEAST triple your money back when you ebay them. So if there are more than one, sell plasma if you have to, buy them all; it's well worth the effort.

I sold my Greatest Hits copy that I planned on playing but never opened about two years for a nice profit of ~100 after shipping. With Crisis Core coming out, the price should spike again.

ok so i went back and a bought the seal copy (factory sealed) and i also bought the non-sealed, both are black label. Im gunna hold on to them for about 2 days before crisis core comes out.

afternburn...DEFINITELY! Even used GH versions of FF7 go for 50+. Grab that game and don't think twice about it ^_^ Sealed they're worth a TON.

Good find on FFVII, haven't seem that game around in ages around Vancouver. I'm sure in rural areas of the country like Saskatchewan and Manitoba, I heard some PS1 "rare" games can be found. Actually I talked to an EBGames employee yesterday and he told me he hit the motherload jackpot a week ago, when somebody traded in their used copy of FFVII. He didn't think twice and bought it ASAP, as soon as the transaction was made from the kid. Lucky SOB, I'm sure their are people who have no clue of the worth of FFVII that they'd trade in to EBGames.

[quote name='chemgear']I managed to snag copy of the Ar Tonelico package with art book for sub 20. :bouncy:[/quote]

Sweet I've been trying to track a copy of that game down.

[quote name='eday_2010']I wouldn't. You can get it cheaper used and in mint condition on eBay. And if you plan on playing it, the fact that it's sealed is a waste. If you want it for a collection and never plan on playing it, then it might be worth it.[/quote]

Eday where have you been? Sealed copy of a black label FF VII goes for 300+ dollars. Amazing Find afterburn

[quote name='arfin']Eday where have you been? Sealed copy of a black label FF VII goes for 300+ dollars. Amazing Find afterburn[/quote]

He said used.

Afterburn, if that is a sealed non-greatest hits you can make a TONNE of money - check ebay.
even a sealed GH is worth cash nowadays..

[quote name='afterburn999']ok so i went back and a bought the seal copy (factory sealed) and i also bought the non-sealed, both are black label. Im gunna hold on to them for about 2 days before crisis core comes out.[/quote]
lol That's ridiculous! That's like finding gold in your back yard while everyone else goes "oh, it's another rock, this time it's yellow"

Someone has my FF7 GH copy, thanks for reminding me guys. It has sentimental value, I remember the day I bought it at Superstore very very well. I had $120 from my birthday and I felt sooooo rich and I made a "tough decision" to buy FFVII, never looked back. Thanks to mom for driving me :D

Since it's Non-greatest hits Hold on to it. Put it somewhere safe with a note, do not touch or open. It will increase in value. People get nostalgic when they get older. Think of those RPG fans when their in their 60's and wanting a sealed black label copy of FFVII in it's pure non emulated form. I've got a PS One system sealed sitting on my shelf for that reason.

Well since the members of CAG helped you realize it, i say you raffle off the non sealed version! ........ JK ......... unless you want to do it.

[quote name='chrisryans']if you're in no rush for money, i'd say hold on to it, the price on that thing will just continue to rise.[/quote]
No, it won't... This is just a temporary effect caused by retards. The price will drop off, it did after Advent Children was forgotten. There are MILLIONS of copies of FF7 out there! As you just discovered, you can STILL find it in stores! And kids still trade them in! :roll:

Certainly hold onto the sealed copy if you personally have some nostalgia for it (I have a sealed copy myself that I'm keeping). If not sell it when the price climbs again after Crisis Core is released.

Oh if you are planning on keeping them long term, go get yourself 8 9 and Chrono Cross! They will have the same value as FF7 eventually ;)

I've seen a few copies of 8, 9 and chrono cross, do you really think i should jump on it ? The store i bought it at has them pretty cheap i think chrono cross was 10 bucks.

Yeah, I don't think 8,9 or Chrono Cross are all that rare because I believe they are still making them. When I was working at EB about 8 months ago, whenever we'd sell one another would come in the shipping a day or two later.

I have the fortunate misfortune of living in northern Ontario.......not a ton of game collector traffic. I found 2 copies of Capcom vs. SNK 2 for PS2 last week at EB.

Most places up here to are usually stocked with older strategy guides too.

[quote name='afterburn999']I've seen a few copies of 8, 9 and chrono cross, do you really think i should jump on it ? The store i bought it at has them pretty cheap i think chrono cross was 10 bucks.[/QUOTE]

None of those games are worth alot on ebay, probably just as cheap. So no, they're not "rare" U should buy any "Atlus" games from your store, as it seems to have alot of "rare" games in stock, hell if you can find any Shin Megami Tensei game PS2 game their, buy it and keep it sealed, as they'll be worth alot over time.

[quote name='saadman']I have the fortunate misfortune of living in northern Ontario.......not a ton of game collector traffic. I found 2 copies of Capcom vs. SNK 2 for PS2 last week at EB.

Most places up here to are usually stocked with older strategy guides too.[/quote]

For a second there i thought you were gunna say Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and i was gunna freak out.

[quote name='NolbertoS']None of those games are worth alot on ebay, probably just as cheap. So no, they're not "rare" U should buy any "Atlus" games from your store, as it seems to have alot of "rare" games in stock, hell if you can find any Shin Megami Tensei game PS2 game their, buy it and keep it sealed, as they'll be worth alot over time.[/quote]

I own all the rare Shin Megami Tensei games on the ps2 except Nocturne (cant find it anywhere). I also own All three shawdow Hearts games.

[quote name='afterburn999']For a second there i thought you were gunna say Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and i was gunna freak out.

I own all the rare Shin Megami Tensei games on the ps2 except Nocturne (cant find it anywhere). I also own All three shawdow Hearts games.[/QUOTE]

Nocturne is hard to find for a "reasonable" price nowadays. I bought it when it 1st came out, by chance as I was looking for a RPG that resembled Final Fantasy and saw it and thought it was an "interesting game. Didn't know it would got OOP fast.

I, myself sometimes wander out of Vancouver in search of rural EBGames to see if any "rare" games can be found, as I'd like to have a FFVII "sealed" copy too, for collection purposes, I already own a copy myself.

[quote name='NolbertoS']Nocturne is hard to find for a "reasonable" price nowadays. I bought it when it 1st came out, by chance as I was looking for a RPG that resembled Final Fantasy and saw it and thought it was an "interesting game. Didn't know it would got OOP fast.

I, myself sometimes wander out of Vancouver in search of rural EBGames to see if any "rare" games can be found, as I'd like to have a FFVII "sealed" copy too, for collection purposes, I already own a copy myself.[/quote]

lol ya, hard to find but not impossible, I've actually found a copy of marvel vs capcom 2 in stores just a while back, super weird (just after I found out it's a hard to found game I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it).

Got a copy of ikaruga just last week :p, so I think it just depends on luck.

PS: Nocturne isn't that hard to find, probably won't be able to find it in stores though, should still be able to buy it off collectors :p I've seen collectors selling it sometimes...

bread's done
Back