[Canada] Rogers March Promos

TripleQ

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
http://rogersplus.ca/promo/features/March_2010_Entertainment_Flyer.pdf

Some decent stuff in there, including T2 for FFXIII, GOW3. Some cheap trade fodder.

Also T4 for $100 off the 360 Elite Spring Bundle (Forza 3 + ODST).

There are also some T2+$9.99, I think this is the eligible list:

http://rogersplus.ca/games/gamestradein_eligible_titles.asp

50% off NEW Games (prices after discount)

Soul Calibur IV $14.99
Fight Night Round 4 $14.99
Warhawk $14.99
Street Fighter IV $19.99
Tekken 6 $29.99
ExciteBots $29.99
Guitar Hero 5 guitar bundle $79.99
Beatles Rock Band Full Kit $199.99

$29.99 USED games

Batman Arkham Asylum
NHL 10
Madden 10
Brutal Legend
Dragon Age Origins
Left 4 Dead 2
Halo Wars
Fable 2
2 for $29.99 used DS games

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet. Where the Wild things Are and Pongyo blurays are out for rent tomorrow. Hopefully I can grab a copy of each to use up those coupons of mine.

Also, 2 for 30 DS games is really really tempting now.

[quote name='feelgoodinc']Here's a serious question: Why did Street Fighter IV's price drop so quickly?[/QUOTE]
Does Super Street Fighter 4 ring a bell? ;)

Wow, trade Fable II and Gears 2 for FFXIII? I'll bite.

That new Xbox bundle looks great! I'd totally buy that if I was looking for one.

[quote name='feelgoodinc']Here's a serious question: Why did Street Fighter IV's price drop so quickly?[/QUOTE]

Not really that quick. It came out last March and there is the new Super SFIV coming out in another month or so.

Wow, that T2 deal for FFXIII and GoW is great! Too bad I don't really care for either game that much... maybe I'll give FFXIII a shot.

Ooh, I'd love to pick up DA:O again. That's not a bad price, especially because of Rogers' strict requirements for trade-ins.

[quote name='poiuiu']haha, that one was awesome. Soooo close; you could see the guy desperately trying to chip damage his way to win only to be blocked by a guy who can parry until the sun goes out.[/QUOTE]I love using hugo just because hes so damn intimidating, playing with him is pretty fun too

That I do enjoy his win quotes :lol:

Just picked up a new SC4. My location didn't have the new prices out yet, but it scanned properly. I could have been a stickler and demanded scanning code of practice, but I shop there all the time and I'm friendly with the clerk.

[quote name='poiuiu']Q is one of my secret fav characters, even tho he's 'technically' low on the 'tiers list'.

Q vs Chun

[/QUOTE]Hes definitely one of mine as well, love the stamina boost :applause:

I usually main yang, hugo and Q. Once in a while I use Oro.

How bout you?

[quote name='maigoyume']Hes definitely one of mine as well, love the stamina boost :applause:

I usually main yang, hugo and Q. Once in a while I use Oro.

How bout you?[/QUOTE]
Haven't played in a while, but when I did, I was a scrub (Ryu/Ken), played a bit with Remy and the last time I played, I was learning Urien.

edit: SF3 series >>>>>> SF4 series.

Sorry to add to the massive thread hijack, but man, I was completely unaware that so many of you were into 3S. If any if you have Street Fighter Anniversary Collection on Xbox, we should totally get some games together before they pull Classic Xbox support next month. Add me on Live! (Just Gabriel)

I sold my sealed copy of the game already & i've never had xbox live tbh, but good 2 hear there's a lot of 3s love here in the forums

[quote name='poiuiu']Haven't played in a while, but when I did, I was a scrub (Ryu/Ken), played a bit with Remy and the last time I played, I was learning Urien.

edit: SF3 series >>>>>> SF4 series.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='WillGabriel']Sorry to add to the massive thread hijack, but man, I was completely unaware that so many of you were into 3S. If any if you have Street Fighter Anniversary Collection on Xbox, we should totally get some games together before they pull Classic Xbox support next month. Add me on Live! (Just Gabriel)[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately I don't have live, don't have a chance to play on my 360 much so I can't justify it, that and I suck using the 360 pad (no stick to play on :bomb:) I used to play 3s religiously for about 5 years and 3s >>>>>>>> SF4 hands down. But I'll see if I can somehow scrounge up a 48hr code and we'll get a few matches set up.

Oh and that necro was pretty sick :razz:

The game has the one component that can level the playing field for everybody and completely eliminate anything related to 'tiers': parrying.

Learn to parry and you can (almost) beat Gill with a toothpick! :lol

Also, I don't have live and play the PS2 version (DC version before that).

Oh and that necro was pretty sick :razz:
An example of being able to parry leveling the playfield. Urien is considered higher tier (but not top) and Necro is considered to be dead tier.

[quote name='poiuiu']The game has the one component that can level the playing field for everybody and completely eliminate anything related to 'tiers': parrying.

Learn to parry and you can (almost) beat Gill with a toothpick! :lol

Also, I don't have live and play the PS2 version (DC version before that).

An example of being able to parry leveling the playfield. Urien is considered higher tier (but not top) and Necro is considered to be dead tier.[/QUOTE]Pretty much the biggest reason its my favourite SF to date. It lets me use lower tier chars (yang) and still come out on top. That and comebacks are oh so beautiful when they happen.

It says in the fineprint for Trade 2 get 1 that they don't accept duplicate games.

Does that mean they don't accept games that store already has or they won't accept me bringing in 5 sealed copies of Halo 3?

[quote name='homiebear']It says in the fineprint for Trade 2 get 1 that they don't accept duplicate games.

Does that mean they don't accept games that store already has or they won't accept me bringing in 5 sealed copies of Halo 3?[/QUOTE]

My money is on the latter.

[quote name='homiebear']It says in the fineprint for Trade 2 get 1 that they don't accept duplicate games.

Does that mean they don't accept games that store already has or they won't accept me bringing in 5 sealed copies of Halo 3?[/QUOTE]

Wont accept you trading in multiple copies of a game. I asked yesterday.

It's to prevent people from bringing in 5 sealed copies of Halo 3. :D

Just pick up Fable 2 or Gears 2 dirt cheap somewhere and voila!

ooh, now i dont have to go to eb for SC4, rogers is walking distance

EDIT: my rogers never has sale/new stuff in stock...

[quote name='eataburger']Just picked up a new SC4. My location didn't have the new prices out yet, but it scanned properly. I could have been a stickler and demanded scanning code of practice, but I shop there all the time and I'm friendly with the clerk.[/QUOTE]

As far as I know Rogers doesn't do scanning code of practice.

[quote name='eataburger']It's to prevent people from bringing in 5 sealed copies of Halo 3. :D

Just pick up Fable 2 or Gears 2 dirt cheap somewhere and voila![/QUOTE]
Do you know any places that currently have Fable 2 or Gears 2 cheap? So far, I've only heard that BBV has Fable 2 for $15 used, and I think The Source has Halo Wars for $19.96 new. I couldn't find Gears of War 2 for good prices anywhere. So far, that's $35 + $10 membership + taxes?

[quote name='JoJoBlue']Do you know any places that currently have Fable 2 or Gears 2 cheap? So far, I've only heard that BBV has Fable 2 for $15 used, and I think The Source has Halo Wars for $19.96 new. I couldn't find Gears of War 2 for good prices anywhere. So far, that's $35 + $10 membership + taxes?[/QUOTE]

Rogers had Gears 2 for $20 last month with a BOGO free deal. I honestly haven't looked anywhere else (I already have the game).

Fable 2 has been seen cheap at BBV and EBgames but a quick check of the Gamestop website shows the price is back up there at least.

:whee:

Going in hopefully this afternoon to grab FFXIII for T2. Probably getting rid of Fable 2 and Gears 2, but still thinking about changing them up with a few others that I have.

I went extra early to pick up FF13 at my local Rogers, but all 6 copies were already preordered. Bummer. CSR put on copy of GOW3 on hold for me though. At least I won't be stuck with cod waw and halo wars

whoa where the hell do you live? gta? i'm about to head out, just waking up than gonna make my rounds, gamestop, rogers, fs

haha vp/ellesmere is my store... i went last week when soulcalibur started on sale & nothing... same for the uncharted & dualshock deals a couple months ago

the bluray selection for rentals is small too...

Think I'll wait and hope sales rate dies down in a few weeks. The bad part about this deal is that people start to hoard Fable II that they find cheap, so I can't even find a copy for myself to keep and actually play. And then, all the discounted NEW Fable II games end up gutted and mixed with the used copies. Ah well, think I'll just get it from Game Deal Daily.

Theres a fable @ BBV mclaughlin and derry for 14.99.

I also have an extra one for trade any other T2 Eligibles.

No problems getting my copy of FFXIII tonight at Rogers with Fable/Halo Wars; just need to Game Guarantee the copy I preordered from EB and use it towards a 2nd 360 when the sale starts!

Got a copy today using Fable 2 and Halo Wars. The Rogers I went to in Edmonton had a ton of copies for both platforms. Also a bunch of God of War 3s for next weeks trade-ins.

Does anyone know if we can bring in the same title but different console towards the trade 4 get $100 off the Elite Spring Bundle? I have Soul Calibur 4 for both the 360 and PS3 and was hoping they would accept both.

[quote name='stetson717']Does anyone know if we can bring in the same title but different console towards the trade 4 get $100 off the Elite Spring Bundle? I have Soul Calibur 4 for both the 360 and PS3 and was hoping they would accept both.[/QUOTE]I don't see why not, they may be the same game but for diff consoles, guess it also depends on the staff. If you're unsure, give your local store a call before trekking out there.

Traded in Gears 2 and fable 2 today, the CSR gave me an issue cause Gears isn't in there in store booklet as an eligible title, I got her to go online and after seeing it on the website she went ahead with it. Just a little fyi, if they tell you its not on their list, direct them to their own site and note that at the bottom of the page it clearly says, in effect from march 10-30th.

Also had to pay 3.80 cause my disc wasn't "mint"

not bad for FFXII tho :)

p.s was at the store in oshawa, they had 2 left for ps3 when i was there, ajax, pickering, and scarborough (vp/ellesmere) were all sold out for ps3

p.p.s anoyone looking for fable 2, the bbv in ajax (highway 2 and whiteoaks) had 3 previously used left for 14.99, goodluck =)

just got this in the mail today (somehow missed it here). gonna trade in the fable 2 that i bought on boxing day along with batman (or a cheap gears 2 if i can find it) for gow3.

[quote name='maigoyume']I don't see why not, they may be the same game but for diff consoles, guess it also depends on the staff. If you're unsure, give your local store a call before trekking out there.[/QUOTE]

It should work because they are separate barcode scans in the computer.

I was in Best Buy in Burlington and I found Fable 2 used for $14.99. I didn't pick it up, but they only seemed to have one copy.

Nearest Rogers to me is VP/Ellesmere and they are sold out. They said they'll be receiving more next week. I asked about GoW3 and thy said they don't have many copies of that either for sale on Tuesday.
Any other Rogers stores that are more reliable ?

bread's done
Back