[Canada] Rogers Video 2 for $40 (YMMV?)

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
2 for $40 is on again. YMMV as always since Rogers Video is the most unorganized chain in the country with these sales. Reports saying it's on in Prince George BC, Nanaimo BC, Brampton ON (Trixie location), and Trenton ON so far.

It's on at the Westney Rd location in Ajax. I got Ninja Gaiden 2 and Lego Indiana Jones. They still have some good stuff.

360:
GTA4
Alone In the Dark
Battlefield: Bad Company
Command & Conquer: Kane's Wrath

Wii:
GH: Aerosmith
BWii

DS:
Trauma Center 2 (2 copies)
Civilization: Revolution

And lots more I can't remember. I didn't look at PS3 because I don't have one.

[quote name='elevature']It's on at the Westney Rd location in Ajax. I got Ninja Gaiden 2 and Lego Indiana Jones. They still have some good stuff.

360:
GTA4
Alone In the Dark
Battlefield: Bad Company
Command & Conquer: Kane's Wrath

Wii:
GH: Aerosmith
BWii

DS:
Trauma Center 2 (2 copies)
Civilization: Revolution

And lots more I can't remember. I didn't look at PS3 because I don't have one.[/quote]

Which Westney road location ? North or South ?

[quote name='afterburn999']Which Westney road location ? North or South ?[/quote]

Sorry, north. I forgot there were two on westney.

Is it necessary to make a new thread every time? Just have one "Rogers 2/40 YMMV" thread and people can post to it, since they're so horribly inconsistent. The only exception would be advertised deals which are mostly nation-wide.

When there is one thread people tend to not check it after one sales ends, as it just becomes chatter and people asking if the sale is still on. At least this way people know that new thread = new sale.

Also: I'll be checking the Calgary location near me tomorrow. Fingers crossed for Civ and.. well I don't know what else I need. We'll see.

I do it each time for the mentioned reasons. It often becomes a chat thread and it's hard to know when a new wave is starting.

This is happening at the RV on Dixon Rd. in Mississauga just north of Burnhamthorpe. Best games I saw there were copies of both PS3 and 360 GTA4's ($40/game - but $40 total with deal).

On in KW

Northfield/Weber: GH Aerosmith Wii
Highland/Westmount: Battlefield BC 360, GTA4 360, Alone in the Dark

not on Highland/Fischer-Hallman (shame, they had CivRev and a bunch of other good ones)

I should go and see if I can find anything... it's just I haven't been able to find anything good if it is actually on... and if they do have good stuff, they wont have the sale on. Maybe I'll check out the place by work on my break...

It's on like donkey kong in Georgetown, ON (Mountainview & 7). Bad company, GH: Aerosmith, etc. Pretty good selection for all platforms.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']If anyone sees Uncharted in Mississauga, Brampton, Etobicoke, heck, even Georgetown or Orangeville, please let me know! :D[/quote]

I may check at the one at McLaughlin & Bovaird in Brampton tonight, but I'm not 100% on that.

Hey guys,

I just moved to Vancouver from Toronto and I'm looking for some BC CAGs to school me on this city.

In the GTA there was nothing EVER during these sales. Is it any different in Vancouver?

Thanks, in advance, for the advice.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']If anyone sees Uncharted in Mississauga, Brampton, Etobicoke, heck, even Georgetown or Orangeville, please let me know! :D[/quote]
Sorry, didn't see it in Georgetown

[quote name='Zip_Zap_Rap']Hey guys,

I just moved to Vancouver from Toronto and I'm looking for some BC CAGs to school me on this city.

In the GTA there was nothing EVER during these sales. Is it any different in Vancouver?

Thanks, in advance, for the advice.[/quote]Depends on the store really. It's better here. There's a higher CAG concentration in Vancouver but lower RFD concentration. Don't bother with 41st and Victoria as they usually have crappy selection and I'll say if they have anything worthwhile =/

[quote name='Teddite']When there is one thread people tend to not check it after one sales ends, as it just becomes chatter and people asking if the sale is still on. At least this way people know that new thread = new sale.[/quote]

[quote name='magiic']I think it's fine to have a new thread each time for these.[/quote]

Fair enough, though I suppose having someone update the title/topic post would work in a similar fashion.

Just got back from Kanata Centrum. They had Lego Indy, Alone In The Dark, and Condemned 2 (all for 360) aside from all of the typical $20 games. No signs up for 2/$40, but you could ask them..

Called Edmonton Clairview--said it wasn't on. Didn't ask them to try to scan in the code as they seemed quite busy.

2 for 40 is on at the Ancaster Rogers Video. 2 of MGS4 and DMC4 for PS3, as well as disc-only Rockband for PS3. There was also Alone in The Dark for 360 and Frontlines: Fuel Of War.
If Frontline had a manual I would have grabbed it.

As of Friday, no sale at Winnipeg / Meadowood, but I can confirm that, as of yesterday, it is on at Winnipeg / Marion, so it might be on at other locations as well now. I only really glanced over the PS3 games -- Marion had a copy of MGS4, Meadowood had a couple copies of MGS4 and a single Bad Company.

It's on at the Winnipeg Unicity location as well, I picked up ninja gaiden 2 and soul calibur 4 (had to ask the manager for a rental copy, lucky he was in a good mood! :D)

[quote name='MrBobby']It's on at the Winnipeg Unicity location as well, I picked up ninja gaiden 2 and soul calibur 4 (had to ask the manager for a rental copy, lucky he was in a good mood! :D)[/quote]

what exactly did u say to the manager, to get the rental copy. i wanna ask , tomorrow, but am not sure what to say.

[quote name='RCCP1977']what exactly did u say to the manager, to get the rental copy. i wanna ask , tomorrow, but am not sure what to say.[/quote]You say "hey, have you pulled any NG2 yet? Yes but they're all sold? When will you pull some more? No--when do you think you might pull it?"

If the guy/gal isn't a complete jerk they will offer at this point to pull it if able. If they don't, odds are you won't get it by being any more direct. Just my experiences...

*sigh* I fail to see why Rogers even bothers to put up 2/$40 signs when everything they have at my location is $20 to begin with.

[quote name='magiic']Maybe this is my lucky weekend.[/quote]Isn't every 2/40 your lucky weekend? ;) The stuff you manage to snag...man. I'm jealous!

I tried getting the MOD to pull a rental with the method mentioned above...it ended up with me awkwardly walking out of the store empty-handed.

[quote name='uutf']I tried getting the MOD to pull a rental with the method mentioned above...it ended up with me awkwardly walking out of the store empty-handed.[/quote]What was so awkward? It is a standard Rogers practice, even if the people you dealt with don't know that. You're doing them a favour. Rogers doesn't let games go until their predictive maximized profit formula tells them to liquidate their rental copies.

I've had people look at me like I'd just asked them to hand over all their money, insulted their mother, or killed their favourite cat. All the way from shocked disbelief to disdain. All boils down to their personality, experience and the kind of day they're having.

On the other side of the fence I've had managers approach me and ask if I was looking for anything in particular. When I mentioned that the games I was after weren't on the sale shelf, they'd volunteer that they might be able to pull rental copies.

That's a rarity in my experience.

I once had a manager brush me off for 3 months straight claiming they hadn't done any pulls in that time. Finally one day I walked her over to the shelf and asked very politely if Game X actually rented anymore, as there were 4 copies on the shelf, and had been every time I'd been there for 2 months straight. She then looked up the rental history and laughed--"sure you can have one".

Keep at it. Just be polite and inquisitive. If you become a pest (and sometimes its tough not to be) your chances diminish rapidly.

Just grabbed Civilization Revolution and Fifa 08 from the Rogers on Eagleson in Kanata. Pretty good selection 360 wise.. they had GTA4 (PS3 and 360), Alone in the Dark, MLB 2K8, Kane & Lynch, NBA Ballers Chosen One, and a few others I can't remember.. MGS4 as well.

bread's done
Back