[Canada] Rogers Video - 2for40$ on PPlayedGames (inc. PS3,Wii,x360)

Anybody in BC checked the ones in Richmond or Tsawwassen yet? I checked the one on Granville in the Marpole area and they had next to nothing.

[quote name='Phorty Ounce']Damnit GoW...where are you!?[/quote]
If you are planning on owning this game, you may be disappointed. Just traded in my copy that I got 2.5 months ago. The game is good for one play through but little else (at least in my case). The online is quite lack luster to boot. But then again for 20 bucks you can't really go wrong.... (although you can get most of the enjoyment out of a 5 dollar rental, the single player is very short).

Just went and did this again lastnight picked up saints row and dead rising from the rogers out in spruce grove AB and brought them to Blockbuster and got 60 bucks.

[quote name='Kiluminati']Just went and did this again lastnight picked up saints row and dead rising from the rogers out in spruce grove AB and brought them to Blockbuster and got 60 bucks.[/quote]

Geez... are you proud of yourself? It's because of greedy $$$$$$s like you that so many others can't find a single good game at RV for this deal anymore...

ok so i was just there and they had 3, 360 games (which could all be bought new for $20 or less new) no wii or ps3, so it was a pointless venture out, im in stoney creek ontario, and i checked 2 of the hamilton stores (didnt go to the one on upper james)

[quote name='nonrandomhero']ok so i was just there and they had 3, 360 games (which could all be bought new for $20 or less new) no wii or ps3, so it was a pointless venture out, im in stoney creek ontario, and i checked 2 of the hamilton stores (didnt go to the one on upper james)[/quote]

My grandparents live in Stoney Creek. Not sure what relevance that bears to anything. Anyways I check mine again today and selection is crap now. Hopefully I can catch a restock. The girl said they restock weekly, I suppose I'll check again soon.

lol alot of peoples grandparents live in stoney creek hahaha theres alot of older people here, im 20 and i think im the only person (other than my girlfriend) thats under 65 on my street

[quote name='nonrandomhero']lol alot of peoples grandparents live in stoney creek hahaha theres alot of older people here, im 20 and i think im the only person (other than my girlfriend) thats under 65 on my street[/quote]

haha ya it is a bit of a retirement place, I was there this summer

Meh. Surrey Central didn't have FEAR or DOAX2. They had two copies of DOA4, 3 of Prey, 1 Saint's Row, some crap, and a LOT of PSP games (including Metal Gear Ac!d 2 and Me & My Katamari).

[quote name='Firestorm']Meh. Surrey Central didn't have FEAR or DOAX2. They had two copies of DOA4, 3 of Prey, 1 Saint's Row, some crap, and a LOT of PSP games (including Metal Gear Ac!d 2 and Me & My Katamari).[/QUOTE]

I would have pounced on DOA4 and SR. :/ I'm going to check out both the Waterloo RVs. Hopefully they prove better than the Cambridge ones...

yeah the ones i was at had alot of PSP but i didnt know what games wer worth anything, but i found a few metal gear acids. and chromehounds(360) new for 29.99

[quote name='jegu']Geez... are you proud of yourself? It's because of greedy $$$$$$s like you that so many others can't find a single good game at RV for this deal anymore...[/quote]

Who wouldnt be proud of saving money and getting a new game for cheaper then it sells for? Take your head out of your ass! time for a reality check! You would do the same damn thing.

[quote name='Kiluminati']Who wouldnt be proud of saving money and getting a new game for cheaper then it sells for? Take your head out of your ass! time for a reality check! You would do the same damn thing.[/quote]
Spoken like a true jackass. It's idiots like you who ruin great deals like these... you don't realize that when you do this to net yourself a few dollars, you deprive countless others of the opportunity to get decent games at a reasonable price. And no, I wouldn't go through this to make a few bucks... I'd be getting Saint's Row to play it. Why would you brag about your bullshit here anyways? You're just pissing people off...

calm down it just a stupid sale, honestly i would have done the same thing theres a few games i want but if i found lost planet and gow (i have both already) i would definately pick them up and trade them in, you more than double your money.... i couldnt find any good games either but its no big deal

Meh. Least people could do is get it for another CAG or someone who needs it. Especially for some of these games where you're only making maybe $10 profit with trade in, but someone might save $40 by buying.

Seriously, if you're in the GVRD and see CoD3, GoW, or Trauma Center, have a freakin' heart and sell to me =(

[quote name='jegu']Spoken like a true jackass. It's idiots like you who ruin great deals like these... you don't realize that when you do this to net yourself a few dollars, you deprive countless others of the opportunity to get decent games at a reasonable price. And no, I wouldn't go through this to make a few bucks... I'd be getting Saint's Row to play it. Why would you brag about your bullshit here anyways? You're just pissing people off...[/QUOTE]

The deal was not ruined, and this person didn't deprive anyone of anything.

From Roger's POV, he bought the games. Just like anyone else. Oddly enough, by him buying these games it gives Rogers MORE of a reason to have such sales.

You're decrying against nothing here. If buying 2 or 4 games in a Rogers sale is depriving anyone of anything, then no one should buy the games, period.

[quote name='Amankhan']The deal was not ruined, and this person didn't deprive anyone of anything.

From Roger's POV, he bought the games. Just like anyone else. Oddly enough, by him buying these games it gives Rogers MORE of a reason to have such sales.

You're decrying against nothing here. If buying 2 or 4 games in a Rogers sale is depriving anyone of anything, then no one should buy the games, period.[/quote]

Lol? You people here see nothing wrong with doing what he's doing? To me, this is the message I got from his two posts:

"Can't find Saint's Row? Can't find Dead Rising? Want to know why? because I bought them! Nono, I don't even want to play them, I just wanted to turn them into Blockbuster for some extra $$... suckers..."

"btw, I did it again... suckers"

If you folks at CheapAssGamer are really this CheapAss, and have no respect for your fellow gamers, this isn't a site I want to be on... I'll stick to RFD, where the people respect eachother (where all your deals come from anyways).

[quote name='jegu']If you folks at CheapAssGamer are really this CheapAss, and have no respect for your fellow gamers, this isn't a site I want to be on... I'll stick to RFD, where the people respect eachother (where all your deals come from anyways).[/quote]

Don't blame all of CAG. Especially when many I've seen people on RFD do the same thing. Mostly the lurkers though.

RFD is just as bad (if not worse). I can understand the poster's frustrations though. And no, just because YOU might do something, does not mean another individual would.

I passed up 3x copies of Zelda for Wii that I could have made a mint on. Why? Because I would deprive everyone else of an affordable copy of Zelda soley to benefit myself.

You may not understand it, but it exists. It even has a name. Altruism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altruism

that's something i would expect more of (but honestly do see a great deal of) on a board like CAG (as opposed to RFD).

my 2 cents.

PS what purpose does it serve to post the games you got without a location or what was left? I can't see a reason beyond bragging...enlighten me.

Well, it's nice to hear what other people got and as someone who creates a lot of topics, it's always nice to hear that people really did benefit from the deal ^_^ But yeah, would be nice to know what location people are getting stuff from and what's left >.>

[quote name='Firestorm']Well, it's nice to hear what other people got and as someone who creates a lot of topics, it's always nice to hear that people really did benefit from the deal ^_^ But yeah, would be nice to know what location people are getting stuff from and what's left >.>[/quote]
I find it more frustrating to see a list of games with no location. "did they wipe out my local rogers? was that poster in another city?"

If all that info was included then I could either save myself a trip, or know that going down to a store might be worth it.

If I knew more people on the board (as I assume you do!) then yes, it would matter more to me what games people were able to pick up...

and Firestorm, it never ceases to amaze me how quick you are to reply to topics!

[quote name='jegu']If you folks at CheapAssGamer are really this CheapAss, and have no respect for your fellow gamers, this isn't a site I want to be on... I'll stick to RFD, where the people respect eachother (where all your deals come from anyways).[/QUOTE]

The fact that your very first post here was completely insulting & derogatory speaks worlds about who's respecting who here. If you truly want respect, show respect to other people first.

With that being said, I can say that I just barely missed out on Marvel Ultimate Alliance (Xbox 360). Location was Lethbridge, AB, and I was told they had 1 copy left. When I arrived, it had already been sold. :(

I'd love to find a copy of that game for this deal. If someone does happen to see a copy, and wouldn't mind picking it up for me, please send me a PM!

[quote name='Amankhan']The fact that your very first post here was completely insulting & derogatory speaks worlds about who's respecting who here. If you truly want respect, show respect to other people first.

With that being said, I can say that I just barely missed out on Marvel Ultimate Alliance (Xbox 360). Location was Lethbridge, AB, and I was told they had 1 copy left. When I arrived, it had already been sold. :(

I'd love to find a copy of that game for this deal. If someone does happen to see a copy, and wouldn't mind picking it up for me, please send me a PM![/quote]
won't your local Roger's hold games if you ask? even for a short duration (like an hour?) It's hit or miss in Edmonton...

[quote name='Amankhan']The fact that your very first post here was completely insulting & derogatory speaks worlds about who's respecting who here. If you truly want respect, show respect to other people first.

I'd love to find a copy of that game for this deal. If someone does happen to see a copy, and wouldn't mind picking it up for me, please send me a PM![/quote]

Excuse me? My very first post was not insulting or derogatory. You are referring to my very second post, after which I was told to "take my head out of my ass"...

With that being said, I think you should stfu and apologize to me.

[quote name='collector42']I passed up 3x copies of Zelda for Wii that I could have made a mint on. Why? Because I would deprive everyone else of an affordable copy of Zelda soley to benefit myself.[/quote]
I too have done this, (pass up a bunch of cheap games during boxing week so others could get there hands on some).... Like someone earlier said, passing up an opportunity to make a mere $10 can save others a lot more... and why buy things you dont want/need anyways? If people who don't want Wiis would stop going out and buying/reselling them for profit, there would be much less of a shortage... btw, might have been a bit harsh on the poster above... sorry!, didn't mean it...

[quote name='Firestorm']Meh. Surrey Central didn't have FEAR or DOAX2. They had two copies of DOA4, 3 of Prey, 1 Saint's Row, some crap, and a LOT of PSP games (including Metal Gear Ac!d 2 and Me & My Katamari).[/quote]

:(, oh well. Firestorm apreciate what u do for us at CAG. What Xbox360 games u play? U should get rainbow Six: vegas and we can game together.

My Rogers video will hold games for me, but as of right now the games I want they wont' be selling any more previewed copies of those games. Marvel Ultimate Alliance (Xbox360), for example, they only have 1 more copy in the store that's available for rental. So they definitely won't be selling any preplayed copies anytime soon.

I am going into a few RV's tomorrow in hopes of finding LP, GoW, or FFXII for trade in purchases (to buy a 360), but I also wanna try and find Viva Pinata and Dead Rising (so I have something to play with my 360!)

[quote name='GuardianFlash']:(, oh well. Firestorm apreciate what u do for us at CAG. What Xbox360 games u play? U should get rainbow Six: vegas and we can game together.[/quote]

Hehe, mostly spend my 360 time playing original Xbox games. I only had a GCN for most of last gen and a PS2 for the last year or so. Not enough on the Xbox interested me to get it. I only have four Xbox games and I'm on my third one right now (Psychonauts, finished Halo and Halo 2). After that, I'll get back to 360. Only have Kameo and Perfect Dark Zero with Call of Duty 2 coming up though =P

Ugh. I went to an RV today that actually had 360 games, but it was a variety of sports games, Moto GP, Burnout, Prey, and Splinter Cell DA. I'm considering going back and maybe getting Prety and SCDA, but I'm not sure.

Sorry if it has been posted but I just wanted to quickly let folks know that with this deal I got Vegas (360) and FFXII (ps2) and traded them for 83$ credit at EB. Vegas trades in for an insane 45$ (just like GOW), EB sells it used for 64.99 so I see why they give ya 45...

ok finally went to the Kingsway Rogers (burnaby)

they had NO wii or Ps3
Xbox 360 - Chromehounds and Tomb raider
PS2 - SvR2007, Scarface, sopranos
PSP - SvR2007, MG Acid 2

Xbox/GC didn;t bother to look

So, I kind of exploited this today >_>

Bought FFXII and THP8 (360) for $20 each and traded them in at EB across the parking lot for $38 and $30 respectively.

I could have done it worse, though, as they had 2 other copies of FFXII. I didn't buy them because a) I would have felt weird buying 3 copies of the same game, and b) It's a great deal that should be enjoyed by others, especially when you can get an awesome RPG for $20.

So yeah, a nice $28 I made today.
I now have all the money for a 360 ^_^

DAMNIT. I went to an RV today and, as soon as I walked in, I saw Saint's Row and FFXI on the previously played rack. Giddy as a school girl, I snatched them up and headed to the register. As the ass who was working took the games to scan them I inquired about the deal, and was met with a smug "We're choosing not to participate in that deal."

*#@(*&

I get screwed on every deal! Every one of them!

*sobs in corner*

I just discovered this forum.... and seeing that I'm a starving student, I am VERY happy that I did. I picked up Saints Row and Tony Hawk Project 8 last week for $40! So sweet!

I was back in a Rogers yesterday and they had two copies of FFXII. I chose not to buy them though.

Stupid CAG getting in my concious (sp?) :mad:

bread's done
Back