[Canada] Wal-Mart $1 games YMMV

Lone_Prodigy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
From Tabooger on RFD http://forums.redflagdeals.com/merg...wx-farcry2-360-1-00-star-ocean-1-00-a-991785/

MotorStorm: Pacific Rift
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm
Supreme Commander
Wolfenstein (PS3)
Spider-Man: Web of Shadows (PS3)
Soul Caliber Broken Destiny (PSP)
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (PS3)
Tekken 6 (PS3)
Star Ocean (PS3)
Fallout 3 Collectors Edition (PS3)
Devil May Cry (PS3)
Lord of the Rings : Shadows of Angar (PC)
Infernal (PC)
Sacred 2 (PC)
Tropico 3 (PC)
Trauma Team (WII)
Boarderlands Special Edition (PC)
Grand Theft Auto 4 Special Edition (360)
Prince of Persia, Far Cry 2, H.A.W.X (Bundle) (360)
Dead Rising, Lost Planet, Devil May Cry (Bundle) (360)
Tekken 6 (360)
Devil May Cry 4 (360)
Guitar Hero World Tour (360)
X-MEN : The Official Game (360)
The Bourne Conspiracy (360)
Naruto Rise of a Ninja (360)
Legend of the Guardians (360)
Madden 09 Collector Edition (360)
NCAA March Madness 08 (360)
Naruto Rise of Ninja (360)
Velvet Assassin (360)
Star Trek Legacy (360)
Ben 10 Alien Force : Vilgax Attacks (360)
UEFA Euro 2008 (360)
Legend of the Guardians (360)
Spiderwick Chronicles (360)
Attack of the Movies 3D (360)
SpongeBob Truth or Square (360)
Dynasty Warriors 6 : Empires (360)
50 Cent : Blood on the Sand (360)
Guitar Hero World Tour (360)
Where the Wild Things Are (360)
Jumper (360)
Space Chimps (360)
Afro Samurai (360)
Dead to Rights Retribution (360)
Sid Miers Civilization (360)

Doesn't look like the sale is on in BC.

The store on Regent in Winnipeg still has a handful of Tekken 6, Chronicles of Riddick: DA, Konami Classics, the 360 pack with Prince of Persia, Hawx & Far Cry 2, and FF Dissidia.

[quote name='Faytz']There is still quite some games at my local wal-mart, but none of them where at $1.

They changed the placing of the $20 dollar and under rack, took me a while... there were also a cart with some crappy games that were at $1. I bought a few ds games cause I need new cases for some of my collection.[/QUOTE]

Haha that is dedication. Then again, I swap out my Wii cases all the time (who knew that there were so many different cases?) My favourites are the first-party non-eco cases because removing the disc doesn't feel like you're going to snap the thing in half.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Haha that is dedication. Then again, I swap out my Wii cases all the time (who knew that there were so many different cases?) My favourites are the first-party non-eco cases because removing the disc doesn't feel like you're going to snap the thing in half.[/QUOTE]

I agree, though I haven't had troubles with my wii games, the dead to rights I bought from eb games almost requires you to snap the disc in half to get it out (my little brother was scared and couldn't remove the disc himself).

Some of my ds game cases are filled with eb game stickers (I really wonder why they had to put two more on the spine... making the total to 4... 2 back in the day was annoying enough...)

Well walmart has the game wrapped in plastic... seems like a good case replacement for 1 dollar~ 3 dollar well spent in my book~

[quote name='Faytz']Well walmart has the game wrapped in plastic... seems like a good case replacement for 1 dollar~ 3 dollar well spent in my book~[/QUOTE]

You're right, considering you can get blank empty DS cases from the Nintendo online store for like $2-3 plus shipping, this is hilariously more wastefully cost-effective.

The dougall and Tecumseh east stores in Windsor, On are cleared out. Unless you like racing games for the PC. But I got a bunch of stuff that'll make good presents for buddies. Oh, and a couple DJ Hero controllers for the 360 now to find a copy of DJ hero...

Managed to pick up Guitar Hero World Tour (PS3), Guitar Hero Smash Hits (PS3), King of Fighters XII (PS3), Grimgrimoire (PS2) and 2 copies of Yakuza 3 today (since I know someone else who wanted a copy and wasn't able to find one). I was pretty happy with my haul, and made sure to leave some games for other people. It actually made me feel pretty good to see someone get pretty excited about finding a couple of games in the bin shortly after I decided to leave them there for others. It actually surprised me to find anything at all, since the clearance games were in a regular shopping cart that literally anyone could have wheeled up to the cash to buy everything from. Glad there are very few, if any, hardcore hoarders around these parts.

[quote name='popbottlepirate']The dougall and Tecumseh east stores in Windsor, On are cleared out. Unless you like racing games for the PC. But I got a bunch of stuff that'll make good presents for buddies. Oh, and a couple DJ Hero controllers for the 360 now to find a copy of DJ hero...[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Saves me the trip to either store. :lol:

Did you see if they had any of the CE's of Fallout, Batman, or Bioshock in the glass cases?

I just got back from walmart at the Currents location in Edmonton. I managed to pickup
50 cent blood on the sand, Konami Classic Collection Vol. 2, Tekken 6, and Dark Void all for x360.

The selection the currents location was never good to begin with, and it took me a long time to find games that are $1 with the slow price scanner. I see that Naruto Rise of Ninja is on the list of $1 games, but when I scan it had the sticker price.

anyone in Toronto i just killed at Vaughn. I the really good stuff was obviously gone but they still had oodles

:ps3:
Disney Sing it :HSM3 with mics - just for the mics.
Guitar Hero III
Chronicles of Riddick - I know I won this but I went home and couldn't find it. Might have lost it in the basement flood
Rock Band - AC/DC track pack
Prison Break - at $1 that's about as much as I would be willing to pay
Guitar Hero Smash Hits

:ps2:
Singstar Country - can you really pass this up for $1 and it means now I'm only missing SS Abba from my collection
GH: Rock the 80s - I remember liking some songs and for $1... can't pass it up

:ds:
GH: On Tour - I picked up 3 copies and there were tons left. I got nephews and what not.
Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter - the most expensive game at $5 but I really love the concept.
Moon
Locke's Quest - loved the demo
Jagged Alliance - no clue
Black Sigil - long time want
Jam Sessions 2

:wii:
Twisted Towers - I'm sure I read good reviews about this or something
Mushroom Men - one of my longtime wants

The only game I paid more than $1 for was Drawn to LIfe. I almost picked up Fracture for $5 and Brutal Legend for $10. Tons of games on the cheap but in terms of the dollar games I know for sure I saw a ton of the Guitar Heroes left. There was a dude picking up as much PS2 games as he could but I'm sure he's not a hoarder.. PS2 games don't get hoarded and he wasn't sure what was going on.

Double checked at Keele and Lawrence since it was on my way back in but as previously stated it's pretty much gone. Jane and Hwy 7 is the place to go. They were still marking stuff down. I think I might head back tomorrow and test my luck maybe pick up some $5 and $10 games.

[quote name='Blade']I live 180 miles south of Quebec and would have to cross the border for this. :(

Anyone willing to pick me up some good 360 games, first-party Nintendo games, or Square-Enix games? Depending on what you could get, I'd pay you at least $2 more per item, and then shipping. :([/QUOTE]I don't remember any N or Square games in the lists but since I'm heading out tomorrow I'll look for some 360 stuff and see if I can grab you anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Pavel6969']Both Fredericton stores are cleaned out. although I doubt either had much to begin with.[/QUOTE]

Ya, I was able to pick up a Bioshock/Oblivion bundle for pc for $1 but that's all I saw that was decent.

[quote name='Wolfkin'] Jane and Hwy 7 is the place to go.[/QUOTE]

I was just there. They did have tons of Guitar Hero copies, but that's about it. Some guy who beat me there by a few minutes had a basket with no less than 30 games in it bragging to somebody else about how he was going to go flip them at the EB Games down the street.

I dug around but there wasn't really anything that peaked my interest, and certainly nothing at $1 that did.

The Wal-Mart in Thornhill across from the Promenade is similarly picked over.

If anyone picked up an extra Star Ocean: Last Hope International get at me, as while I went in with a decent sized list, that's the one I wanted most. I'd be willing to pay more than $1 for it. :razz:

On a side note, while I was there there was a kid who couldn't have been older than 10 trying to convince his mom to buy him Black Ops. Like he busted out every excuse in the book. I calmly tapped her on the shoulder it was rated M, and meant for people 17 and older. She told him no chance in hell and walked off. I've never been glared at so hard in my life. :lol:

[quote name='stetson717']Thanks. Saves me the trip to either store. :lol:

Did you see if they had any of the CE's of Fallout, Batman, or Bioshock in the glass cases?[/QUOTE]

Naw even the game cases were pretty torn up. Although i didnt take that close of a look at the dougall one. The tecumseh store was gutted.

[quote name='djsaiyan']On a side note, while I was there there was a kid who couldn't have been older than 10 trying to convince his mom to buy him Black Ops. Like he busted out every excuse in the book. I calmly tapped her on the shoulder it was rated M, and meant for people 17 and older. She told him no chance in hell and walked off. I've never been glared at so hard in my life. :lol:[/QUOTE]darrrrrnnnnn right. hate those little kids and their high pitched voices in my M-rated games. Especially when they don't know what they're doing in Resistance2 co-op. Go play some inFamous or Burnout Paradise or something. There's got to be some decent T-Rated shooters out there right? if i could find one I'd buy it just so my nephews could have a shooter and stop pestering me to get them MW2.

[quote name='jarjarrick']Kanata had a few Tekken 6 around 5:30pm yesterday. Not much for PS3 otherwise.

These were also $1: Wii Resident Evil, Wii Muramasa, PSP Pangya Fantasy Golf, PS3 SingStar High School Musical or Disney (or something like that)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for letting me know. I just got back from Orleans and it was terrible. Literally only copies of MLB 07 for PS3 and Dead or Alive Xtreme for 360 on the racks. Its always hard to tell though because behind the glass cases there are stacks and stacks of games just lyign around in no particular order.

Saw a Bioshock 2 CE last night before I knew it was on sale so didn't bother getting it. Then found out it was $1 and went back an hour after opening to see it still there luckily! Also found a stack of games on the front counter that scanned in at $1 and grabbed a couple of them; Tekken and Boy and His Blob. Was tempted to take more but was already happy with getting Bioshock.

[quote name='Jogurt the Yogurt']You're right, considering you can get blank empty DS cases from the Nintendo online store for like $2-3 plus shipping, this is hilariously more wastefully cost-effective.[/QUOTE]

True.. wasteful if the game didn't get any use, but my parents are going back to hk and I have some kid cousins i can give these games to. Five year old kid was changing discs every 5 minutes and just got a ds last year when i was there. So , cash still well spent~

I got so many Konami Classics Volume 2 for my friends, haha. Also, Extend Every Extra and King of Fighters Collection on PSP.

St. Vital in Winnipeg has nothing but crap left. Unless you like that Lord of the Rings on PC. Tons of that one.

I managed to snatch up:

Alpha Protocol (PC)
Mass Effect (PC)
Crysis (PC)
Fire Pro Wrestling Returns (PS2)
Serious Sam HD (PC)
Unreal Tournament 3 (PC)
Puzzle Quest Galactrix (PC)
Metro 2033 (PC)
Overlord 2 (PC)
Neverwinter Nights 2 Gold (PC)
Zuma (PC)
Street Fighter IV (PC)
Jagged Alliance (DS)
Monster Hunter Tri (Wii)

While a friend picked up:
Persona 3 Portable (PSP)
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days (PSP)
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers (Wii)
Klonoa (Wii)
Dynasty Warriors 6 (PS3)
X-Blades (PS3)

I'd say that's better than nothing. The locations in town mostly have PC games, but there are still some really good ones.

[quote name='Faytz']True.. wasteful if the game didn't get any use, but my parents are going back to hk and I have some kid cousins i can give these games to. Five year old kid was changing discs every 5 minutes and just got a ds last year when i was there. So , cash still well spent~[/QUOTE]

I didn't mean wasteful purchase for you! More cost effective for you. I just thought it was a funny way of looking at it, the cases being the desired product. :)

[quote name='jarjarrick']Kanata had a few Tekken 6 around 5:30pm yesterday. Not much for PS3 otherwise.

These were also $1: Wii Resident Evil, Wii Muramasa, PSP Pangya Fantasy Golf, PS3 SingStar High School Musical or Disney (or something like that)[/QUOTE]

Hey, where'd you see Muramasa? Behind the glass or in the 20 and under section or?

I went tonight and couldn't find it :( I want that game.

[quote name='Eoyote']Checked out 2 locations here in Calgary (Macleod Trail/Deerfoot Meadows) and only spotted Supreme Commander, Naruto, Tomb Raider (DS) and GH: World Tour for PS2.

Edit: I always figured we had to have a few hoarders here in Calgary, and after checking out the RFD thread I see one of them has made themselves known. Man, what is up with what looks like damn near every poster on that site only ever buying games to trade/make a profit. I'm not really looking forward to when gaming goes completely digital, but knowing that it will put a stop to all this reselling crap will totally make it worth it. God, I can't stand the word 'turd'...[/QUOTE]

How fuck-ing irritating. And here I was gonna head to Deerfoot Meadows first thing in the morning. Screw that, I swear if I ever see that guy... *shakes fist menacingly*

[quote name='Ravenhood']How fuck-ing irritating. And here I was gonna head to Deerfoot Meadows first thing in the morning. Screw that, I swear if I ever see that guy... *shakes fist menacingly*[/QUOTE]

The only thing I found in Calgary was 2 copies of Prison Break, unless you want the AC/DC track pack. I got one copy. Glad I found something after someone hoarded everything from every Wal-Mart in the city.

[quote name='Jogurt the Yogurt']I didn't mean wasteful purchase for you! More cost effective for you. I just thought it was a funny way of looking at it, the cases being the desired product. :)[/QUOTE]

lol that is true... well I hate having a game go to waste. I won't be playing it but I'll make sure someone will :p Though They might not enjoy it much. Well the kids is five so, he probably won't remember~ :bouncy:

[quote name='WillGabriel']West Edmonton. Total bust. Nothing I wanted was there and, while I didn't look too hard, I didn't even find anything from the list that I didn't want.

I sure hope everyone who was complicit in clearing out the shelves is actually planning on playing those games.[/QUOTE]

I stopped in at the West Edmonton Wal-Mart on my way home yesterday and it was not only picked clean it was left barren and tidy. It was kinda creepy. Pretty much every game on the list was gone. My guess it was one of them flea market guys.

I was hoping to find some of the PC stuff as that is more the platform I am into but nothing. I did grab the borderlands add-on for a buck but it turns out it was not the DLC I needed.

Maybe the PC stuff will be left alone at some of the other stores. One can hope right....

I went to the Walmart at Keele and Lawrence and it was cleaned out. I was told by one of the staff that about 10 minutes after they opened some guy came in and left with 4 bags full of games.

Checked two stores in Edmonton. Capilano and the north side one on 137 Ave by Costco.
Cleaned out (I was looking for PC titles) and some guy almost got his clock rung by me.

He insisted in climbing over me to dig through the $1 titles that were left (ACDC and Sports games). Even though I was courteous and let him dig before I checked he came back and insisted on being a jerk.

For those in Calgary, Shawnessy isn't in as bad shape as the other locations here in the south. They didn't have the the uber desirables (Star Ocean etc) but they at least had a few things. DS starters kits, FF Dissida, Parappa, Konami Classics Vol 2, bunch of PC titles like Alpha Protocol, SF4, Strangehold. Also spotted a few KOF XII and DOAX PSP behind the glass.

[quote name='Alexisonfire']I managed to snatch up:

Alpha Protocol (PC)
Mass Effect (PC)
Crysis (PC)
Fire Pro Wrestling Returns (PS2)
Serious Sam HD (PC)
Unreal Tournament 3 (PC)
Puzzle Quest Galactrix (PC)
Metro 2033 (PC)
Overlord 2 (PC)
Neverwinter Nights 2 Gold (PC)
Zuma (PC)
Street Fighter IV (PC)
Jagged Alliance (DS)
Monster Hunter Tri (Wii)

While a friend picked up:
Persona 3 Portable (PSP)
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days (PSP)
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers (Wii)
Klonoa (Wii)
Dynasty Warriors 6 (PS3)
X-Blades (PS3)

I'd say that's better than nothing. The locations in town mostly have PC games, but there are still some really good ones.[/QUOTE]

I can't even picture my local walmart with persona 3 portable, let alone have it for $1...

I skimmed through the rfd posts, apparently record of agarest war is also for $1... to me... really hard to imagine. The atmosphere at rfd is really ._.;
all i saw while skimming was lots of proud hoarders and a bunch of repeated questions, and people bashing the hoarders in a cycle... I don't think I'll ever register an account over there... (wait it's been a while, i'm not sure if I previously did or not... meh not going to figure that out).

Does anyone know if they're adding more games to the $1 today by any chance? Probably a bit early to ask, but I'm in class for the next couple of hours, so someone might know by then :)

[quote name='Griptor']Hey, where'd you see Muramasa? Behind the glass or in the 20 and under section or?

I went tonight and couldn't find it :( I want that game.[/QUOTE]
In the 20&under section.

[quote name='onemorechanc']... but never the disc tray on *my* console.

Sucks to be late to the party ... there were some titles in that list I have been wanting.

Of course, there were some in the list that I just bought recently for much more than $1 ... I don' t know if I should be happy or sad that I missed on some of them.[/QUOTE]

well if one person goes in and pretty much picks it clean .. i would say it's not just to put in the tray of their console and play. I would have loved to grab a copy of Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 * shrugs *

I would laugh at those who bought it to end up not being able too make a sale

some of the games I picked up yesterday weren't on the list from the day before so it's possible they're adding new stuff. I'll probably check it out as I go to pick up Wolverine anyway

Went back to the Wal-Mart in Orleans (Ottawa) this morning and looked like there was more stuff out, actually. Got copies of Nier and Medal of Honor Airborn for PS3 and Parappa the Rapper for PSP. I'm hoping there might be more stuff later as when I went there was a CSR with a price gun checking a bunch of stuff.

so are these games labelled $1 or do they just scan at it?
i saw a burnout paradise but at the price check scanner it was still $20
only $1 games were a bunch of some aqua teen hunger force for ps2
Thais was in Toronto at the walmart across from sherway(East i think)Mall

I think the only thing left in Kingston are a stack pf PS2 world tour and another game I hadn't heard of at the cash. The "Cheap rack" has been restocked, particularly with wii (just more of the same), but nothing scanning less then sticker price. There are a very few Ive seen mentioned on rfd, section 8 and storm rise, but they scan at normal price

My timing was poor on this, there the first night and many didn't scan at $1 and I didn't know ones in the glass might work...there the next afternoon and largely cleared out

Stuff i got decent for $1 though.

[quote name='Renderthal']so are these games labelled $1 or do they just scan at it?
i saw a burnout paradise but at the price check scanner it was still $20
only $1 games were a bunch of some aqua teen hunger force for ps2
Thais was in Toronto at the walmart across from sherway(East i think)Mall[/QUOTE]some are some aren't. you know where the cheap games are just grab wha tlooks old and/or interesting and take them to a price scanner. the scanners have the updated prices. hafl the games i got were labeled $10 but rang up $1. I would just grab a bunch of game put them in a cart and then go over to the toy section and scan them one by one to see what was down and what wasn't

[quote name='Wolfkin']some are some aren't. you know where the cheap games are just grab wha tlooks old and/or interesting and take them to a price scanner. the scanners have the updated prices. hafl the games i got were labeled $10 but rang up $1. I would just grab a bunch of game put them in a cart and then go over to the toy section and scan them one by one to see what was down and what wasn't[/QUOTE]

yeah i went back went through about 20+ ps3 games none marked for $1 but one did scan for a dollar it was smack down vs raw 2008 which i left behind.

I checked out the Wal Mart in Brantford last night. They were cleared out of pretty much all $1 console games, but still had plenty of PC games. I picked up:

- Metro 2033
- Prince of Persia
- Borderlands
- Drakensang
- Burnout Paradise Ultimate Box
- Battleforge

There were still plenty left. Tons of Star Trek Online, Prototype, Warhammer Online time cards, Supreme Commander 2.

Well, I've got nothing better to do today, so maybe I'll check out some stores... someone earlier mentioned the Calgary Shawnessy store? Deerfoot Meadows is on the route too, might as well check there. I doubt I'll see much, but hey, it gives me something to do. XD

[quote name='Rees']Walmart locations in Victoria, B.C. (Langford & Uptown) have been cleaned out[/QUOTE]

Of course it has, GVRTrader from RFD.

[quote name='Sean09']Of course it has, GVRTrader from RFD.[/QUOTE]
Victoria isn't in the GVR, it's over on the island. But that guy is a total douche. Some people mentioned finding 1 or 2 decent games at locations he passed over, and he popped in saying the hoarders need to do better jobs. I doubt he was kidding.

bread's done
Back