Feedback
3 (100%)
Last Updated: October 7, 2008

EB Games
:360: Xbox 360 :360:
Fable II - Fable 2 Pub Games XBLA
Fallout 3 - 5 soundtrack songs
Star Wars Force Unleashed - Stormtrooper figure
LEGO Batman - LEGO Batman minifig keychain (on purchase)
Rock Band 2 - Rock Band 2 shirts
Mercenaries 2 - Toque
Mercenaries 2 - Shirt
Facebreaker - Demo
Pure - Demo
Pure - Hat
Grand Theft Auto 4 - Gamerpics
Dead Space - Art Book

:ps3: PlayStation 3 :ps3:
Little Big Planet - Kratos Sackboy Code
Socom Confrontation - Online Beta Code
Rock Band 2 - Rock Band 2 shirt
Mercenaries 2 - Toque
Mercenaries 2 - Shirt
Pure - Demo
Pure - Hat
Metal Gear Solid 4 - Video
Resistance 2 - Online Beta Code

:wii: Wii :wii:
Rock Band 2 - Rock Band 2 shirts
Wii Hat

:pc: PC :pc:
Spore - Creature Creator

Future Shop
:ps3: PlayStation 3 :ps3:
Little Big Planet - Noriko Sackgirl Code ($5)

Walmart
Gears of War 2 - 500 Microsoft Points

Toys R Us
Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts - Banjo Kazooie XBLA

All Pre Order Goodies are YMMV

Original Post
I thought we should have a thread to post about any pre-order bonus', since I always seem to miss out on these 'freebies' that I wish I had.

It's confusing when these preorders actually come in since retailers can never tell you when their stock will arrive.

I was especially interested in the LEGO Batman keychain minifigs, Fable 2 XBLA Gambling game, and the Kratos Sack-boy and would like to know when they finally (if ever) come to us Canadians.

The only notable preorder bonus EbGames have right now is the Spore Creature Creator that I already have.

So anyone else see any preorder goodies around?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mr.']I read on GameFAQs that the tarot cards came in on Thursday in Canada. I haven't picked up my preorder yet since I bought Tactics Ogre on PS Store. It's the same price, came out on Tuesday instead of Wednesday for GameStop. And you know, because of backwards compatibility for NGP.[/QUOTE]

I checked one store yesterday night and they did not received cards. Will check more today.

I can confirm the tarot cards are in. They're basically beautifully illustrated cardboard in a nice box. I also saw Neptunia, but I've decided not to indulge.

[quote name='Mr.']I can confirm the tarot cards are in. They're basically beautifully illustrated cardboard in a nice box. I also saw Neptunia, but I've decided not to indulge.[/QUOTE]

!!! Lucky you. Pretty sure its a store by store basis. Hoping to get mine today.

I actually called another GS and they said they have a copy of Tactics Ogre and the cards too. I don't think anyone preordered there so you might be able to pick up a pack if nobody preordered.

The balls of Steel Edition of Duke Nukem Forever has popped on Gamestop.ca's website. Also, the PC version seems to be 10 dollars cheaper than the console versions and not at the $100 price point I originally thought it would be, which is awesome (if this price points holds until release, that is)!

The release date for the PC version is also different, which is more than likely a mistake. It also makes me worry about the PC price point being a mistake. :(

http://www.gamestop.ca/browse?nav=16k-duke

looks like it should be to me... pc games arent supposed to have the $10 console tax (so when activision & EA launch pc games at $60, it's total BS)

Anybody interested in Ar Tonelico should get their preorder up now. It releases March 15th and EBGames is supposed to get the Premium Box with artbook (similar to Neptunia)

FYI

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']Anybody interested in Ar Tonelico should get their preorder up now. It releases March 15th and EBGames is supposed to get the Premium Box with artbook (similar to Neptunia)

FYI[/QUOTE]

Ooooo thanks for the heads up. I need to drop by eb games today~

I found the complete list of Dragon Age II Bonus items on Bioware's site.

Some of the stuff you can get just by signing up for newsletters, like the facebook page or registering the UPC code for the game.

Not sure if anyone's interested but I was just looking through Gamespot.ca and noticed they have a preorder poster for Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS.

Zelda3DS_lg.jpg

I'm not a big fan of that particular poster (the Club Nintendo posters are far superior) but if you aren't ordering at Best Buy for the 800pts might as well get something with the game.

[quote name='dancrane212']Not sure if anyone's interested but I was just looking through Gamespot.ca and noticed they have a preorder poster for Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS.

I'm not a big fan of that particular poster (the Club Nintendo posters are far superior) but if you aren't ordering at Best Buy for the 800pts might as well get something with the game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this poster is pretty ugly. What a shame, they could've done something so much nicer...

That poster is one that Nintendo gave away during the original OOT release.

I'd much rather just get the $10 off from Best Buy than a rehashed poster like that =(

Too bad it wasn't something cooler like a carrying case, stylus, etc.

Hmm, So they put the game on their website, I think I should wait for one of their get an additional 10% or something before placing the order.

[quote name='Faytz']Hmm, So they put the game on their website, I think I should wait for one of their get an additional 10% or something before placing the order.[/QUOTE]

Just place it now and cancel it and reorder again if need be. Don't lose out on the $10 in RZ credit, as you never know if they'll end the promo.

[quote name='gsrce']Just place it now and cancel it and reorder again if need be. Don't lose out on the $10 in RZ credit, as you never know if they'll end the promo.[/QUOTE]

Really? I thought it's rather common for them to offer the 10 dollar reward points until the game is released... Well I guess there's no harm in preordering the game now.

Not sure if anybody else is interested, but amazon.ca finally put up Record of Agarest War Zero Limited Edition for preorder.

[quote name='Faytz']Really? I thought it's rather common for them to offer the 10 dollar reward points until the game is released... Well I guess there's no harm in preordering the game now.

Not sure if anybody else is interested, but amazon.ca finally put up Record of Agarest War Zero Limited Edition for preorder.[/QUOTE]

GS has it as well, for a while now:
http://www.gamestop.ca/ps3/games/record-of-agarest-war-zero-limited-edition/308424
5$ more...

Thread revival!!

So I picked up Duke Nukem: Balls of Steel Edition a day or two ago, and there's no voucher or anything for bonus DLC; am I crazy, or did DN not come with any pre-order bonuses through EB Games??

Nothing on the receipt, just 'pre-sell pickup' and 'presell order deposit', no code of any kind. I'm not sure why I continue to pre-order games through EB, they never seem to have the PO bonuses available, I always have to call back or follow-up to make sure I get anything.

[quote name='game_fanatic']Thread revival!!

So I picked up Duke Nukem: Balls of Steel Edition a day or two ago, and there's no voucher or anything for bonus DLC; am I crazy, or did DN not come with any pre-order bonuses through EB Games??[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure the Preorder bonus is included in Balls of Steels edition.

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']Pretty sure the Preorder bonus is included in Balls of Steels edition.[/QUOTE]

Are you referring to the "Duke's Big Package"? I received a separate paper with a token code on the back of it when I picked up my PC Balls of Steel Edition.

On another note: I didn't get my poster for my pre-order of OoT. Apparently, my EB only got 10 posters for all their pre-orders. /sigh

[quote name='Psamtik']On another note: I didn't get my poster for my pre-order of OoT. Apparently, my EB only got 10 posters for all their pre-orders. /sigh[/QUOTE]

I really recommend ordering online from EB, I've always gotten the preorder bonus and the free shipping has the game arriving the day of release or just after (depending on Purolator).

Hell, when they shipped me the CE of Alan Wake they put the poster in the same box so it ended up getting crushed, I sent them an email and in the next day or two they had already sent me a new poster.

Yeah, I've done better with their online store too. They failed to send me my Dragon Quest 6 plushie, after a bit of complaining by email I got somebody to say he'd do what he could. Six weeks later I got a plushie that lettermailed up from Gamestop.com. I suppose you could count that as a negative experience, but have any of you EVER gotten something after a retail EB screwed you?

Meh, Purolator's not an option for me. They deliver while I'm at work, and then they take the shipment to their depot 45 minutes away and wait for me to come get it. At least FS/BB use Canada Post so I get a slip in the mail and can pick it up at my post office a mere 5 minute walk from where I live.

[quote name='ragnar14']Uh, I donno the right place to toss this. But I noticed something weird that doesn't really need it's own thread.

Amazon.ca has added a second SKU for the Dark Souls CE, and it's $1.37 cheaper than the old SKU that just gets a free upgrade to the CE. So maybe some people will want to move their preorders over...?
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B004NRN5EO/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_3?ie=UTF8&m=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00542ZQJO/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB[/QUOTE]

It looks like they're eliminating the previous listing; it doesn't show up in searches at all.

I think I may cancel my amazon order, and just get it ab my local EB. The EB where I used to live was your typical EB of condescending d-bags. But the EB I go to now is great, and I think I'd like to throw some business their way, as I am guessing manager bonuses are tied to their sales.

So I am going to see if they are going to have the same DS pre-order goodies, and if so, I'll cancel the amazon order. Their multiple sku's make me nervous, too, as I pre-ordered the one that has disappeared.

PS - If a package has to come from the US, I won't go near canada post any more. I called and bitched, and they just put the blame on customs, yet Fedex seems to get packages through in less than half the time, and $1.80 cheaper!

~S

[quote name='snowsquirrel']I think I may cancel my amazon order, and just get it ab my local EB. The EB where I used to live was your typical EB of condescending d-bags. But the EB I go to now is great, and I think I'd like to throw some business their way, as I am guessing manager bonuses are tied to their sales.

So I am going to see if they are going to have the same DS pre-order goodies, and if so, I'll cancel the amazon order. Their multiple sku's make me nervous, too, as I pre-ordered the one that has disappeared.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that all pre-orders get the collector's edition upgrade, regardless of retailer. Best Buy currently has a bonus of 800 Reward Zone points for pre-ordering, if you're into that sort of thing.

So I just swung by my new EB to pre-order Dark Souls (then cancel my Amazon pre-order). But the guy there said he knew nothing about the upgrade, and I made him check in his system. He said check back in a month. So I'll check back at teh end of the month, before I give up on them.

~S

[quote name='snowsquirrel']So I just swung by my new EB to pre-order Dark Souls (then cancel my Amazon pre-order). But the guy there said he knew nothing about the upgrade, and I made him check in his system. He said check back in a month. So I'll check back at teh end of the month, before I give up on them.

~S[/QUOTE]

IT is 200% confirmed that all EB (and most likely all stores) will have a free upgrade to CE. My EB knew about it. Your store needs to get better.
Of course this may be limited in quantity so preorder early to make sure.

My EB knew about it today. Just cancelling my amazon order now. Not sure why kid didn't know about it last monday... maybe it just changed in their system. I find my local store to be the best EB yet. And I have had about 10 local EB's now, in 3 dif provinces, in 5 cities (yeah I move a lot), so I think that is saying a lot.

~S

[quote name='snowsquirrel']My EB knew about it today. Just cancelling my amazon order now. Not sure why kid didn't know about it last monday... maybe it just changed in their system. I find my local store to be the best EB yet. And I have had about 10 local EB's now, in 3 dif provinces, in 5 cities (yeah I move a lot), so I think that is saying a lot.

~S[/QUOTE]

It was in their system since 6 months ago, just saying.

Anyone know what retailers will be selling what Arkham City skins ?

The only two that i know is Futureshop getting The Dark Knight and Bestbuy getting Robin.

[quote name='ragnar14']Anyone know if we're getting any of the Final Fantasy XIII-2 preorder goodies?
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/10/03/final-fantasy-xiii-2-has-a-boss-pre-order-bonus/

I couldn't care less for the DLC (every DLC code I've ever gotten has remained sealed/unused), but getting some hardcover book seems worthwhile.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop.ca has been advertising the alternate costume, but amazon.ca doesn't mention anything yet and bestbuy.ca doesn't even have the game listed. I guess it's best just to wait for now...

If I do end up getting FFXIII-2, it'll probably be the Asian version so I don't have to suffer through horrible English voice acting.

[quote name='ragnar14']Yeah, I've done better with their online store too. They failed to send me my Dragon Quest 6 plushie, after a bit of complaining by email I got somebody to say he'd do what he could. Six weeks later I got a plushie that lettermailed up from Gamestop.com. I suppose you could count that as a negative experience, but have any of you EVER gotten something after a retail EB screwed you?[/QUOTE]

I'm having the same problem. They closed my order (harvest moon plushie) without sending the promo item... if i don't get it, this goes directly to BBB for false advertisement....Same goes for my Fate Extra orders.

After waiting half an hour for help on the phone line, Finally got someone to answer the call and to help me with the items. Apparently it should be shipped now, yay for being persistent! Now hopefully I'll get the items.

[quote name='Faytz']I'm having the same problem. They closed my order (harvest moon plushie) without sending the promo item... if i don't get it, this goes directly to BBB for false advertisement....Same goes for my Fate Extra orders.

After waiting half an hour for help on the phone line, Finally got someone to answer the call and to help me with the items. Apparently it should be shipped now, yay for being persistent! Now hopefully I'll get the items.[/QUOTE]

My EB never got the Fate book, should've known. The copy they gave me was squished too, I'm gonna try another EB tomorrow, no way am I going to push through more CoD fans today.

I preorder Final Fantasy XIII-2 CE yesterday at ebgames. 4 disc soundtrack and an artbook don't what else it will include.

[quote name='retro.elite']I preorder Final Fantasy XIII-2 CE yesterday at ebgames. 4 disc soundtrack and an artbook don't what else it will include.[/QUOTE]

A shitty game perhaps.

BestBuy Canada now has a preorder bonus on FFXIII-2.
Best Buy Exclusive: Collectible Hardcover Book and Final Fantasy XIII "Episode I" novella, an original story that ties together the events of Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy XIII-2

[quote name='retro.elite']BestBuy Canada now has a preorder bonus on FFXIII-2.
Best Buy Exclusive: Collectible Hardcover Book and Final Fantasy XIII "Episode I" novella, an original story that ties together the events of Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy XIII-2[/QUOTE]

Nice! Hmm, it doesn't come with the CE. Just as well seeing as they're sure to destroy any CE's they send out. I guess I'll get the CE from EB and the normal version from BB. I must be stupid or something...

[quote name='VetraX']A shitty game perhaps.[/QUOTE]

What do I care, It's not as if I play games, they're just for buying and leaving sealed :lol:

There's nothing of note being released. The only thing I can think of is Soulcalibur V's Ivy bobblehead (ew) from GS or Dampierre from BB.

Crap crap crap. Does anybody know know if FS is sending out the Final Fantasy XIII-2 steelbooks in separate packages like they've done with other games? I just got my steelbook in a gigantic bubble mailer, that was cut open, and contained nothing but the steelbook. No game, invoice or anything. Their tracking only lists one tracking number which claims my order was delivered 2 hours before it arrived here....

Edit: I phoned up their CS, and they're shipping separately apparently, and my game maybe hasn't even gone out yet. It'd be helpful if their tracking actually reflected that on site.

Edit 2: Oh, if anyone cares. Eventually I found out that first CS lied to me, and I only had the one shipment that was stolen. FS refunded me my monies.

bread's done
Back