Feedback
3 (100%)
Last Updated: October 7, 2008

EB Games
:360: Xbox 360 :360:
Fable II - Fable 2 Pub Games XBLA
Fallout 3 - 5 soundtrack songs
Star Wars Force Unleashed - Stormtrooper figure
LEGO Batman - LEGO Batman minifig keychain (on purchase)
Rock Band 2 - Rock Band 2 shirts
Mercenaries 2 - Toque
Mercenaries 2 - Shirt
Facebreaker - Demo
Pure - Demo
Pure - Hat
Grand Theft Auto 4 - Gamerpics
Dead Space - Art Book

:ps3: PlayStation 3 :ps3:
Little Big Planet - Kratos Sackboy Code
Socom Confrontation - Online Beta Code
Rock Band 2 - Rock Band 2 shirt
Mercenaries 2 - Toque
Mercenaries 2 - Shirt
Pure - Demo
Pure - Hat
Metal Gear Solid 4 - Video
Resistance 2 - Online Beta Code

:wii: Wii :wii:
Rock Band 2 - Rock Band 2 shirts
Wii Hat

:pc: PC :pc:
Spore - Creature Creator

Future Shop
:ps3: PlayStation 3 :ps3:
Little Big Planet - Noriko Sackgirl Code ($5)

Walmart
Gears of War 2 - 500 Microsoft Points

Toys R Us
Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts - Banjo Kazooie XBLA

All Pre Order Goodies are YMMV

Original Post
I thought we should have a thread to post about any pre-order bonus', since I always seem to miss out on these 'freebies' that I wish I had.

It's confusing when these preorders actually come in since retailers can never tell you when their stock will arrive.

I was especially interested in the LEGO Batman keychain minifigs, Fable 2 XBLA Gambling game, and the Kratos Sack-boy and would like to know when they finally (if ever) come to us Canadians.

The only notable preorder bonus EbGames have right now is the Spore Creature Creator that I already have.

So anyone else see any preorder goodies around?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Pale-Dim']check tomorrow. i noticed in my shipment log on saturday that im expecting a box with rockband 2 promo items on monday. i only expect it to be these shirts as nothing else promo to rockband 2 has been announced. I can confirm tomorrow after i get home from the store[/quote]
That would be great, thanks. Where are you located? Oh yeah, can you check whether there are different sizes or are they just XL like someone else suggested?

Crap. Looks like Amazon.ca is not doing the free XBL code for Banjo Kazooie. I emailed them about it and got this reply. Maybe it'll change down the line? :( Wanted to do $34.99 + something else I wanted - $10 coupon. EB might be our only option.

Greetings from Amazon.ca.

Thank you for writing to us concerning this issue. Unfortunately, Amazon.ca is not a participating dealer in this offer. As this is the case, pre-orders placed on Amazon.ca for the "Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts" will not qualify for this offer.

In addition to our large selection, one of the benefits we try very hard to offer our customers is convenience, and we have not met that standard in this case. Please accept my sincere apologies.

I am truly sorry that we were not able to fulfill your expectations for this level of service. I hope that you will honour us with another opportunity to prove the quality of our service to you in the future.

Best regards,

Leona C.
Amazon.ca
Earth's Biggest Selection
http://www.amazon.ca
=====================

My EB Games got in their Rock Band 2 shirts today. The manager was nice enough to let me see one, even though she wasn't allowed to give them out until release day.

Surprisingly, she said all the shirts she got in were Larges. Usually, they only send out XL's.

[quote name='ikariwarriors']My EB Games got in their Rock Band 2 shirts today. The manager was nice enough to let me see one, even though she wasn't allowed to give them out until release day.[/quote]

Well, at least that means I should get one then!

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Can you describe the shirt? I won't bother going back to EB for it if it's just the usual black shirt with some basic text or something like that. Thanks.

Edit, I found a video of the one from Best Buy [/quote]

Yeah, it's the one in the video, but it's a Large instead of an XL, and it's not shrinkwrapped into a tiny box like that.

[quote name='Sousanator']I went into eb today and got my Rock Band 2 shirt. I was actually surprised they looked pretty decent and it fits perfectly.[/quote]

I never got mine... but it was the jackass that was working that day, and he hates me for some unknown reason (probably the time I went to return something but he never put the sticker on the case, and wouldn't return it... even though he ACTUALLY NEVER PUT THE STICKER ON!).

I'm just wondering though.... has anyone received their Fable 2 pub games code? I highly doubt us Canadians will be getting them... but I'm just curious.

[quote name='craig64']I never got mine... but it was the jackass that was working that day, and he hates me for some unknown reason (probably the time I went to return something but he never put the sticker on the case, and wouldn't return it... even though he ACTUALLY NEVER PUT THE STICKER ON!).

I'm just wondering though.... has anyone received their Fable 2 pub games code? I highly doubt us Canadians will be getting them... but I'm just curious.[/quote]

Crappy news about your shirt, but apparently my EB got a box full (which they did) and only 14 copies of the game. There were more shirts per game, so I bet if you go back you could get one (hopefully).

I got a Pub Games code about a month ago. I walked in and asked if they had it, which they did, and placed a pre-order to get it. So I can confirm that (in Ontario at least) EBs got them. Hope that helps!

[quote name='Rex']Crappy news about your shirt, but apparently my EB got a box full (which they did) and only 14 copies of the game. There were more shirts per game, so I bet if you go back you could get one (hopefully).

I got a Pub Games code about a month ago. I walked in and asked if they had it, which they did, and placed a pre-order to get it. So I can confirm that (in Ontario at least) EBs got them. Hope that helps![/quote]

I might have to go in and see if they have any left. Even if they don't I don't really care... it probably wont fit right anyways. But, if I can get it I definitely will. I'll check on the Fable 2 preorder too though... it's nice to hear at least some parts of Canada got them. Thanks for the heads up!

Just for the record, Pub Game codes from the US work on a Canadian 360.
I went to the states for a day asked if they had any, and they just gave it to me.
When I came back, tested to see if it worked and it did.

Also, anyone know anything about the Mercenaries toque, Pure hat, or Motorstorm demo?

The mercenaries toque came out the day the game did. Most stores probably have none. There were some shirts though also. The pure hat is still available. Have not seen a motorstorm demo yet. There is a pure demo for ps3/360 and facebreaker demo for 360

my store in kitchener ontario still has

Fable 2 pub codes
Little big planet kratos codes
Pure demo's
Pure hats
Facebreaker demo's
Fallout 3 music cd's
Socom beta's
Mercenaries shirt (1 left)
RockBand 2 shirts (about 60 left)
Lego Batman keychains (all 4)
Wii Hat
Grand theft auto 4 gamerpics

That was announced for US, and at the time they said to stay tuned for an announcement for Canada. I assume it'll be Best Buy here too, but it hasn't been announced.

to poiuiu

Probably not. Amazon USA is diff than Amazon Canada. We haven't gotten much in the way of preorder bonuses from Atlus period. If you have a US CC you should be able to order from Amazon USA and get the preorder bonuses. Gamestop would seem like the better choice but be prepared to pay customs fees which usually amount to alot. Thats what happened to me when I ordered once from GS. Strangely Amazon never charges me customs.

If you wanna ensure the bonuses just get it from Goomba, it'll come out to about the same price if you don't do the direct from Amazon route. And alot cheaper than the GS customs screwjob.

Bloody hell, awesome!

I was just told Nich Maragos just confirmed that EB brick and mortar stores as well as Amazon.ca will have the preorder bonuses as well.

Lockesythe: Thanks for the reply anyway.

[quote name='poiuiu']http://www.atlus.com/deluxepackage.php

Anyone know if these Atlus preorder bonuses are available for the northern neighbors (ie us)?[/quote]

Those extras are standard, they'll be packed into the games. Any place you find Atlus games will have them. No pre-orders or anything needed, they're standard.

[quote name='ragnar14']Those extras are standard, they'll be packed into the games. Any place you find Atlus games will have them. No pre-orders or anything needed, they're standard.[/quote]

My understanding is the soundtrack is included with the game, but the bonus artbook is a pre-order bonus from limited retailers. Which means we might not get it as usual.

[quote name='Icetron']Anyone pick up Yggra Union for PSP? Did you get the CD (if you did)?[/QUOTE]

Yes, and no. However, EB's preorder bonuses have been arriving after the games arrive, so hopefully the CD will be here next week.

[quote name='ragnar14']Those extras are standard, they'll be packed into the games. Any place you find Atlus games will have them. No pre-orders or anything needed, they're standard.[/QUOTE]

The soundtrack CDs will be packed into the games, but the art books are separate.

I wouldn't exactly count those Wii Hats as pre-order bonuses. My friend and I walked into the EB at Chinook Center in Calgary, saw them on the counter, asked what they were for, and the guy behind the counter said, "Do you want 'em?" So we got free hats.

Oddly enough, the only things I care to pre-order on this whole list are on platforms I don't have yet. >_>

Well, I went to EB and they did have the Fable 2 Pub Games codes, so I preordered and got that. I also asked about the Rock Band 2 shirt that I didn't get with my preorder, and she gave me two. Wooh! They're definitely too big for me, but they are a smaller size than they usually get in.

Anyone know if there is that Banjo Kazooie XBLA in Canada when you preorder Nuts&Bolts and where to get it?
I haven't heard any mention of it in Canada yet...and that's the only new game I care about buying for awhile.

I saw over on Xbox360fanboy.com yesterday that the stores that would be participating were announced for pretty much everywhere except Canada. I think it's probably safe to assume that EB will be... but don't take my word on that! I bet if we give it a week or two there should be official word.

I do not know if this has been posted but I pre-ordered Gears of War 2 at WalMart and will receive 500 Microsoft Points with the game. Not huge, but something. The nice thing about WalMart is you can easily get them to price match a competitors flyer.
I also pre-odered LBP at the Gatineau EBGames and got the last Kratos code card. I was also asked which console I wanted to buy it for! I decided to go with the PS3 version.

[quote name='Zyzomys']I do not know if this has been posted but I pre-ordered Gears of War 2 at WalMart and will receive 500 Microsoft Points with the game. Not huge, but something. The nice thing about WalMart is you can easily get them to price match a competitors flyer.
I also pre-odered LBP at the Gatineau EBGames and got the last Kratos code card. I was also asked which console I wanted to buy it for! I decided to go with the PS3 version.[/quote]
LOL

Futureshop is doing the Nariko pre-order for LBP. The location at Yonge & Dundas in Toronto already has them. It says $4.99 on the package but they charge you $5. What an outrage. Anyway, go get em!

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Futureshop is doing the Nariko pre-order for LBP. The location at Yonge & Dundas in Toronto already has them. It says $4.99 on the package but they charge you $5. What an outrage. Anyway, go get em![/quote]

Yeah confirmed all FS in Toronto have 'em, Queensway ran out (we only got 20 of 'em we might get more) but call around.

I pre-ordered Resistance 2 from EBGames a while a go hoping to get a Beta Code. Has anyone received a Beta Code for Resistance 2 in Canada? Speaking of betas, I am now in the LBP beta. Whoot!

[quote name='Zyzomys']I pre-ordered Resistance 2 from EBGames a while a go hoping to get a Beta Code. Has anyone received a Beta Code for Resistance 2 in Canada? Speaking of betas, I am now in the LBP beta. Whoot![/quote]

Gaaaah you ass I'm jealous! I'm in Qore and I'm still waiting for the beta to be given out for Resistance 2... I preordered the game too so I might try to jump on and grab the code at my local EB.

[quote name='Zyzomys']I do not know if this has been posted but I pre-ordered Gears of War 2 at WalMart and will receive 500 Microsoft Points with the game. Not huge, but something. [/quote]
Looks like I'm going to preorder at Walmart

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Futureshop is doing the Nariko pre-order for LBP. The location at Yonge & Dundas in Toronto already has them. It says $4.99 on the package but they charge you $5. What an outrage. Anyway, go get em![/quote]
Thanks, now if only there was a Future Shop around me

Amazon.ca has the toy lancer ediion up for pre-order now $139.99.

51PNQllzR-L._SS400_.jpg

I want that just to chase the kids around the back yard :)

[quote name='kathos']Gaaaah you ass I'm jealous! I'm in Qore and I'm still waiting for the beta to be given out for Resistance 2... I preordered the game too so I might try to jump on and grab the code at my local EB.[/QUOTE]

resistance 2 beta? i was in that like... a month ago...

[quote name='iLLuSioNS']resistance 2 beta? i was in that like... a month ago...[/quote]

That was the Private beta, I was in that as well :)
The Public beta should be starting either this/next week.

Good thing I didn't pre-order Fable II, they practically gutted it, taking out the Hobbe figurine, the five fate cards and the premium box itself!

I had the choice of that, Resistance 2 and Fallout 3 and chose the latter two. Whew!

bread's done
Back