Feedback
3 (100%)
Last Updated: October 7, 2008

EB Games
:360: Xbox 360 :360:
Fable II - Fable 2 Pub Games XBLA
Fallout 3 - 5 soundtrack songs
Star Wars Force Unleashed - Stormtrooper figure
LEGO Batman - LEGO Batman minifig keychain (on purchase)
Rock Band 2 - Rock Band 2 shirts
Mercenaries 2 - Toque
Mercenaries 2 - Shirt
Facebreaker - Demo
Pure - Demo
Pure - Hat
Grand Theft Auto 4 - Gamerpics
Dead Space - Art Book

:ps3: PlayStation 3 :ps3:
Little Big Planet - Kratos Sackboy Code
Socom Confrontation - Online Beta Code
Rock Band 2 - Rock Band 2 shirt
Mercenaries 2 - Toque
Mercenaries 2 - Shirt
Pure - Demo
Pure - Hat
Metal Gear Solid 4 - Video
Resistance 2 - Online Beta Code

:wii: Wii :wii:
Rock Band 2 - Rock Band 2 shirts
Wii Hat

:pc: PC :pc:
Spore - Creature Creator

Future Shop
:ps3: PlayStation 3 :ps3:
Little Big Planet - Noriko Sackgirl Code ($5)

Walmart
Gears of War 2 - 500 Microsoft Points

Toys R Us
Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts - Banjo Kazooie XBLA

All Pre Order Goodies are YMMV

Original Post
I thought we should have a thread to post about any pre-order bonus', since I always seem to miss out on these 'freebies' that I wish I had.

It's confusing when these preorders actually come in since retailers can never tell you when their stock will arrive.

I was especially interested in the LEGO Batman keychain minifigs, Fable 2 XBLA Gambling game, and the Kratos Sack-boy and would like to know when they finally (if ever) come to us Canadians.

The only notable preorder bonus EbGames have right now is the Spore Creature Creator that I already have.

So anyone else see any preorder goodies around?

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone heard of any preorder swag for Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories (PS2). It should be out early December. GS in US seems to be giving out character cards.

I pre-ordered Mirror's Edge at EB (Merivale) today and the guy said I will get the bonus bag, but that they ran out of the time trial codes...

Time trial codes...as in, a whole in-game Time Trial mode that isn't unlocked unless I have the code? That'd be crazy :\ I hope it's unlockable in the future through an update or something...

[quote name='doctorofstyle']no the demo has a time trial mode available only to those who preordered and got the code.[/quote]

Oh, snap. That's a relief. Thanks man :)

So I pre-ordered Gears of War 2 and went for midnight launch to pick up the game and my eb games that I pre-ordered at didnt have the gold hammerburst codes. Anyone have any extras or know how I can get it? Thanks

[quote name='Kiluminati']So I pre-ordered Gears of War 2 and went for midnight launch to pick up the game and my eb games that I pre-ordered at didnt have the gold hammerburst codes. Anyone have any extras or know how I can get it? Thanks[/quote]

i didn't get one either and was wondering the same thing. i asked around at another eb that didn't have a midnight launch and they said they only got 10 codes total.

Can confirm the stores didn't get many of the gold Hammer burst code. I went to the midnight launch in Kanata and they had maybe 10 and were only giving them out to people who were the first few picking up the Limited Editions GOW2. They also only had enough Limited editions to cover the pre-orders.

What difficulty are you guys playing at?

[quote name='Princess Zelda']Can confirm the stores didn't get many of the gold Hammer burst code. I went to the midnight launch in Kanata and they had maybe 10 and were only giving them out to people who were the first few picking up the Limited Editions GOW2. They also only had enough Limited editions to cover the pre-orders.

What difficulty are you guys playing at?[/quote]

just playing on normal now so i can cruise through it and get the story and such. after i beat it i'll go back to it and play on hardcore or insane and get through the whole thing and collect all of the items.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']The gold Lancer codes were only in the Limited Edition of the game.[/quote]

I think it was given out at midnight launch; GS US I know they did but not sure EB here did that.

[quote name='afterburn999']I played on Hardcore,

Anyone know if any stores in Toronto gave out the gold lancer codes ?[/quote]

I got a gold hammerbust?.....well it wasn't a lancer which came in the special edition
I got it at bestbuy even though I was last person in the line

The Limited Edition contained a code for a Gold Lancer. People lining up at midnight at certain stores (Bestbuy and Futureshop I think) also received a code for a Gold Hammerburst. There were a limited number of these codes per location.

I got my gold Hammerburst code at a EB Midnight Launch. The store had maybe 10 of them and were only giving them to the people who bought the Limited Editions. The gold Lancer code was inside the case.
Wow, the ebay prices on the codes are a little high...

Why is the price so high for those codes?! It comes in the limited edition copy of the game, doesn't it? That's completely insane to me!

[quote name='craig64']Why is the price so high for those codes?! It comes in the limited edition copy of the game, doesn't it? That's completely insane to me![/quote]

Thats what i was thinkin because everyone knows the limited Edition is not really all that Limited.

[quote name='afterburn999']Thats what i was thinkin because everyone knows the limited Edition is not really all that Limited.[/quote]

The Gold Hammerburst codes were only available during midnight launches in very limited supply.

Gold Lancer codes are in every LE of Gears 2.

Different guns, one more limited than the other. Hopefully Gold Hammerbursts become available to the masses in some fashion in the future (despite that there is no real benefit to it, other than being gold).

Hey guys, don't know where to post this, but I have 2 Banjo-Kazooie pre-order codes left (after giving a few to friends). First 2 to PM me will get one. I'll try to get some more for tomorrow if possible.

EDIT: SORRY the 2 codes are gone. One each to Azumangaman and kgroat.

Wow, I just can't seem to get a break with my Banjo code.

I pre-ordered at both EB and TRU and neither of em have the game or the codes. TRU tried telling me it's because of the holiday shopping season. Funny how stores all across Canada seem to be receiving their shipments for the game just fine.

Then, when I called EB this afternoon, they told me they just got a shipment in but had no idea if the codes were in them. So I stopped by an hour before they closed and they STILL hadn't opened them. I seriously don't understand how EB is still in business :bomb:

So I picked up Mirrors Edge. They ran out of bags :(
They looked all over for a Banjo code (I actually like these guys that work at EB, they're pretty much the only ones at the Ancaster one I like). They couldn't find the Banjo code, but they gave me a WWE2009 Bag, Fracture DogTag and I THINK a Backyard Football Hat.
Nice to see they cared.

The Hamilton/Ancaster area is not being helpful for Banjo Codes for me either. It sucks that these pre order goodies are so sketchy. No Banjo code is a total deal breaker for Nuts and Bolts for me.

Just curious...would anyone be interested in Fable II PUB Codes? My TRU still has a stack of them...along with Too Human pre-order codes as well.

[quote name='AJD23']Just curious...would anyone be interested in Fable II PUB Codes? My TRU still has a stack of them...along with Too Human pre-order codes as well.[/quote]

I never got Fable 2 pub code so I could use one :) I don't have Too Human and never will.... lol

[quote name='danthemightyone']I never got Fable 2 pub code so I could use one :) I don't have Too Human and never will.... lol[/quote]

[quote name='firehawk12']I wouldn't mind a Too Human code if that's possible. :)[/quote]

[quote name='kgroat']I would love Pub code too, need to get that achievement for all expressions and stuff
:D[/quote]

Alrighty, I'll see what I can do guys ;). I'll try to grab maybe 3 of each? BTW dan, did you get my PM?

[quote name='AJD23']Alrighty, I'll see what I can do guys ;). I'll try to grab maybe 3 of each? BTW dan, did you get my PM?[/quote]

holy smoke. I just checked it. Thanks!! :D

[quote name='AJD23']Alrighty, I'll see what I can do guys ;). I'll try to grab maybe 3 of each? BTW dan, did you get my PM?[/quote]

How about banjo kazooie ones? :p

AJD23, if possible, a Banjo code would be nice! I already have it downloaded, but my friend wanted to get it and didn't want the new Banjo after trying the demo. So if you get lots, my friend would be grateful for one :)

At my Toys R Us, they must've had like 20 leftover codes. It seems not too many people pre-ordered this game.

(for the record, after playing the new game, I can't blame anyone for not wanting it...what have they done to such a classic series? :( the worst part is they give us the original Banjo with it, so we're able to directly compare them...it's like day and night! but I'll give the new one a chance. it looks great, just doesn't play great just yet...)

Alrighty to everyone above. ^^^
EDIT: No one's above...so whoever posted before me xD
I'll try my best to do what I can. The Too Human and Pub codes should be piece o' cake. The Banjo-Kazooie however, not so much. We've got a couple left for pre-order and those have priority, and dept. head wanted me to leave 5 for buying customers (of the game of course) as freebies. If I can't talk him out of anymore, I'll see what we can do for next week if none have been taken. Now...off to work :lol:

Hey ADJ23, I'm sure you probably wont be able to get any other BK codes... but if you can it'd be greatly appreciated! I wanted to preorder the new game just to get the free download of BK... but after playing the demo for the new one I couldn't bring myself to put money towards it. Oh I love the original BK! I wonder if they'd ever put Banjo Tooie on XBLA? (probably not...)

Err... I hate to beg, but if you pick up any spare Pub Games codes, I'd greatly appreciate one. I really want to unlock those last few expressions in Fable II, but can't bring myself to pay an extra $10 for them.

[quote name='doctor_payne13']Err... I hate to beg, but if you pick up any spare Pub Games codes, I'd greatly appreciate one. I really want to unlock those last few expressions in Fable II, but can't bring myself to pay an extra $10 for them.[/quote]

Wait, what expressions do you get from Pub Games? I heard there were unlockables from the Pub Games, but I wasn't able to find a list anywhere!

AJ!!! Man I really hope you can get some BANJO codes, I'd really like one. I'm going to buy the game next week and they said there was still banjo codes left at the store, but I doubt there will be by the time I can get there....

Anyway, if you have extra Fable II codes could I maybe have one of those also? I know someone who would enjoy it...

bread's done
Back